Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Heroic Legend of Arslan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 3, 2015 1:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, this got bloody. I'm glad they managed to capture the realism and brutality of the scene here since it shows what torture is like:

Pretty tough to watch though ;_;

As for the episode, it's interesting to see the siege of Ecbatana. It shows the war story that is a main part of this show and imo quite well illustrated by the strategies. Also interesting to see the Queen as well and Gieve too.
May 3, 2015 3:29 AM

Jul 2007
Great show as usual, I still just wish it had a higher budget.
May 3, 2015 3:30 AM
Jul 2018
Better than previous episodes.
May 3, 2015 3:34 AM

Sep 2011
If you're just gonna stay here to bash each others anime, you can leave. Keep the flaming off the forums.
May 3, 2015 3:55 AM

Aug 2013
I initially thought Shapur was King Andragoras, who had not only been tortured by the enemies, but also shaved clean after being tied up to shame him.

Too many memories of "Game of Thrones" recalled from this episode.

Ecbatana is doomed.

StevenHuMay 3, 2015 4:00 AM
May 3, 2015 3:57 AM

Apr 2013
Tyrel said:
If you're just gonna stay here to bash each others anime, you can leave. Keep the flaming off the forums.
May 3, 2015 3:58 AM

Dec 2013
Lol at people taking the bait. That post doesn't even feel legit by how factfully wrong it is.

Anywho, best episode so far, I was wondering if we will get to see more action in the capital and we got it. I love how both sides have things that they are doing wrong. The borderline insane religious fanatic remind me of Berserk quite a lot. Gieve seems also very interesing and witty, just like Narsus. The queen voiced by Tanaka is bliss.

Love it.
May 3, 2015 4:01 AM

Mar 2013
StevenHu said:
I initially thought Shapur was King Andragoras, who had not only been tortured by the enemies, but also shaved clean after being tied up to shame him.

Ecbatana is doomed.

Bwahahah! Wait till you see Lusitania's "Daeneris" XD
May 3, 2015 4:07 AM

Nov 2013
glad he got the arrow ;-;
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
May 3, 2015 4:11 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm always baffled and disconcerted about how people see/interpret different things. I thought this was a great episode, were a major character is introduced and it sets up the conflict for years to come. Just when you come to hate the Lusitanians for being a bunch of bloodthirsty religious nuts, you're reminded that Pars has a despicable system like slavery still in place. Both societies are flawed. It really is a lot like LOGH in that regard.

Arslan has his work cut out for him to navigate through this situation.

alpha_shadow said:
holy shit the Beginning of the episode WAS SO FUCKING BORING, i just skipped that shit, damn

Yeah, right, I'm out.

Just make sure you are. You hate it, we get it. Just don't come and post next episode (which you won't be watching because this is awful, right?)
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 3, 2015 4:20 AM

Aug 2013
AntonKutovoi said:
StevenHu said:

Ecbatana is doomed.

Bwahahah! Wait till you see Lusitania's "Daeneris" XD

The guy with the white mask I am guessing.

It looked like he was hiding a burn scar back there too.
May 3, 2015 4:30 AM

Dec 2010
This show keeps getting better and better. I'm beginning to really dig the epic scale of it. The Lusitanian Priest and the scene that followed was indeed violent, but I could definitely see it happen. I mean I could see the whole series happen, it feels like a historical series in a way, which is something I really like. On another note Gieve seems interesting, and I really really liked his song. Hope we get a lot more of that as the series goes on. But, the Queen was having none of his flirtatiousness. It makes me wonder what exactly is up with the Queen, she seems distant.

If it helps Pars sounds similar to Persia, and Lusitania was a region in Rome, so it makes the comparison a bit more interesting, if you think of it in those terms.
May 3, 2015 4:34 AM

Jun 2011
Great episode. I can't wait to see Arslan's growth.
May 3, 2015 4:52 AM
Oct 2014
StevenHu said:

I also though that too.

Now it make me mighty curious for the king's state. If he's still alive and being imprisonment, how could that benefit Lusitanian kingdom? The queen is just too calm for someone that had looses many of her army and now even face an assault to her kingdom. But I doubt the king just die like that without us getting some dark and nasty twist here, I hope.
May 3, 2015 4:53 AM

Oct 2012
They really could cut some needless beginning comedy but at last this was pretty decent episode.
(As for strategy - I am still baffled why they didn't remind their slaves that they are living in abundance and that the life in the city isn't actually bad... as opposed to uncertain future. I doubt many of them would actually rebel against their masters. Surely they could promise them something better to appease their anger)

Just one thing - Gieve is too bishouneny and daring type, I doubt his words and deeds would be left "unrewarded".
May 3, 2015 4:57 AM

Feb 2014
Good episode. Gieve is sure an interesting fellow! He seems to be too talkative and flirty but he is charming lol.
May 3, 2015 5:04 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Man, Gieve sure can play music, accompanied by a great OST.
I'm thinking that he might join our crew in the future.

R.I.P. Shapur, your suffering has ended.
May 3, 2015 5:47 AM

Dec 2013
Damn I'm really loving this series!

CGI was pretty bad in this episode.

I love Arslan's arguments. Who will cook the food lol

RIP Shapur. I'm thankful he was saved from his suffering.

Seems like the slaves are now rising up! The capital is in a lot of trouble.
May 3, 2015 5:47 AM

Jan 2012
At one point the lusithanians looked almost exactly the same and somehow I found that hilarious ^^"

The end card was pretty nice too
May 3, 2015 5:57 AM

Jan 2013
I felt so sorry for Shapur! At least he could die from an arrow of his fellow comrades (I hope so). I like Gieve, his character seems to be quite promising ^^
The only thing that annoys me every time I watch this are those cgi soldiers, etc. I wish they hadn't made use of that...it ruins the atmosphere and quality of an anime.

May 3, 2015 6:00 AM

Aug 2010
Another amazing episode :3

Narsus got owned by Elam there XD He's totally the Yun of this group. Food is important lol

The Shapur part was really nice. He went out like a warrior. Dat Gieve doe :O An arrow in the head. Dat accuracy!!

Liking him a lot so far. The way he trolled a woman and slept with her and was a bit pissed at only getting 200 pieces was lol. Hopefully he'll join Arslan. That should be fun :P

That was one awesome idea at the end. The slave system is about to backfire on Pars. Great thinking there.
May 3, 2015 6:07 AM

Nov 2014
Right in the head, ouch
May 3, 2015 7:02 AM

Jun 2011
Meh, only reason i'm watching this show is cuz of Maaya. Hope she appears soon
May 3, 2015 7:12 AM
Apr 2014
I thought they'd bring Andragoras to break the morale of the rest of Pars soldiers, but nope just some general.
Already liking the Oud musician.
Can Pars just fall already?
May 3, 2015 7:19 AM

May 2014
great episode. but.. i rlly wanted to see Shapur Vs Kubard.. :( . poor shapur
May 3, 2015 7:22 AM

Apr 2014
This gets better each episode. Gieve seem interesting.
May 3, 2015 7:33 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
And we have yet another playboy to add to the future gang lol....I love how these guys are so smooth with everything that they do xD Gieve is way too awesome xD Honestly when I saw that general guy ask someone to shoot him with an arrow, I thought that it would have been the hot chick in the OP that would have done it so I was surprised there

The beginning scene was great and I really liked seeing Elam prove his worth and earn his place by their side (This has serious Yona vibes here but I think what most people forget is that things like Yona ripped these elements from this series) I also enjoyed the talk that Arslan had with Narsus because everything that he said was true and knowing the kind of person that Arslan is, I can't wait to see how he applies this new wisdom

The stuff at Pars was brutal as fuck....Dying by headshot is a brutal way to go and I really liked that guy too....May he RIP. That priest guy was a cunt but their army does have a point and I really like that because even though they are the antagonists, they understand just how evil the system of slavery is so I wasn't even mad when they convinced the slaves to fight back because that is the right thing to do

Overall this was a great episode and this show just continues to get better and better....I still have doubts about the queen though so hopefully whatever is up with her gets answered in part 2
May 3, 2015 7:34 AM

Dec 2014
This anime gets better and better. RIP Shapur, man, that was a tough scene to watch. But at least he went out like he wanted to. Gieve reminds me a lot like Lavi from D. Gray Man, just like how Arslan reminds me of Allen Walker... Once again, this anime pulls off the war and medieval feeling greatly. The CGI was bad though
TyrelMay 3, 2015 9:12 AM
May 3, 2015 7:34 AM

May 2013
I like the story and characters but animation and colors of this anime makes it really hard for me to watch and enjoy it
I don't care if I lose my mind. I'm already cursed.
May 3, 2015 7:38 AM

Dec 2014
Theorder14 said:

Lol, you're only watching this because of a fanservice character. You're disgraceful. Just drop this anime. This isn't an ecchi anime and we don't need weird otakus around wanking to everything they see
May 3, 2015 7:42 AM

Jan 2011
The use of cgi is sometimes jarring but c'mon it's understandable since its for all the soldiers in war. We don't want blurry blobs of people.

That aside, episode had some deep insights onto both sides along with a character introduction. Curious to see how Gieve will join Arslan since Arslan is miles away while the war is going on. Nice war tactics too, pretty rare we get some decent strategies that make some sense. Hopefully we'll see that when Arslan starts fighting too.
May 3, 2015 7:48 AM

Dec 2013
CGI =/= bad. Do you really expect ufotable's or KyoAni's level of CGI? Give it some slack, it looked really decent.
May 3, 2015 7:51 AM

May 2015
I liked this episode, using slaves to go inside is genius ;)
What can Arslan & Co do about this? Isn't it too late?
May 3, 2015 7:56 AM

Apr 2008
lol at the cgi hate.. kingom s1 have the worst cgi ive seen yet i enjoy it because of the story.. XDD

and im liking arslan too for the story
May 3, 2015 8:05 AM
Mar 2014
Good show so far. I really like the slow pacing.
May 3, 2015 8:22 AM

Mar 2015
robis798 said:
Lol at people taking the bait. That post doesn't even feel legit by how factfully wrong (and stupid) it is.

Anywho, best episode so far, I was wondering if we will get to see more action in the capital and we got it. I love how both sides have things that they are doing wrong. The borderline insane religious fanatic remind me of Berserk quite a lot. Gieve seems also very interesing and witty, just like Narsus. The queen voiced by Tanaka is bliss.

Love it.

Sums up my thoughts exactly.
I found the torture a bit too "Akame ga Kill" though...this show shouldn't rely on shock factor as it has enough other strong points like it showed this week.
Brutality is okay and needed(for a show like this) but please not this way,no edgelord pandering.Gieve seems really interesting,gives me some Kingkiller Chronicles vibes.

Lol at the cgi hate,that's all what matters in an anime nowadays,right?
_HeroKenzan_May 3, 2015 8:27 AM
May 3, 2015 8:26 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Smudy said:
Man, Gieve sure can play music, accompanied by a great OST.
I'm thinking that he might join our crew in the future.

R.I.P. Shapur, your suffering has ended.

Hes in the opening with the others, of course he will !

Theorder14 said:

gtfo
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 3, 2015 8:54 AM

Apr 2015
Good episode. At the beginning I was cheering for the guy to meet a more satisfying demise, which I was glad for the character introduction to be accounted with. Overall I feel comfortable with the direction this is going. Gieve hasn't really made much of an impression on me so far, except the fact that he's voiced by KENN.
May 3, 2015 9:10 AM

May 2011
robis798 said:
Lol at people taking the bait. That post doesn't even feel legit by how factfully wrong it is.

That's the main problem with MAL's forums. They take the bait EVERY.SINGLE.TIME

Anyway QFT on your thoughts on the episode again. Arslan is an anime slow to pick up pace since it is it's author style.
May 3, 2015 9:12 AM

Feb 2015
Wow, this anime is so brilliant and coherent, I'm loving this! There is not a single protagonist I dislike right now. Probably favorite anime of the season.

<In the ghost town of our love
there is a player piano
trying to prove it can make music
without being touched.
My fingertips miss her so much.>
May 3, 2015 9:15 AM

Apr 2013
I feel like the Queen is a traitor. She seems too calm with everything going on around her and she never really got along with the King Or the Prince.
May 3, 2015 9:21 AM
May 2013
Such a garbage tier CGI. The animation was kinda bad in this episode.
As a manga reader(and lover), i recommend you to read the manga,its so much better.
May 3, 2015 9:24 AM

Jul 2010
The Royal Capital getting invaded, it just makes me think about possible reinforcements, such as from fortresses, outposts, and other sort of military camps. If the center is lost, everything breaks apart, would these support army come in time. I mean, they are also good targets for Arslan to gather people of Pars from different fronts.

Shapur was pretty cool, makes me look forward to many of the Cavalry Captains out there.
May 3, 2015 9:54 AM

Aug 2014
Great episode sans CGI. 2nd best episode this season after fate ep 15.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
May 3, 2015 9:56 AM

Apr 2014
lol for the one-night stand girl;D
---------My Profile------------
May 3, 2015 11:00 AM

Jan 2014
Hahaha, that musician was awesome :)
Hope this won't be his last performance.
Also, my favourite episode so far
and hooray for 25 episodes :D
May 3, 2015 11:00 AM

Aug 2013
Sonnetica said:
Gieve hasn't really made much of an impression on me so far, except the fact that he's voiced by KENN.

Characters voiced by KENN really shine when they have blonde hair.

May 3, 2015 11:12 AM

Aug 2008
Nice. Can't wait for more action next week. When is Arslan going to enter the battlefield?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
May 3, 2015 11:17 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Elam secured his position in the group with his excellent cooking skills. Even Narsus couldn't reject him after that. XD

Shapur's part was brutal. Good thing that arrow took care of him before it became even more insufferable. Much respect for his honorable death.

Gieve seems to be amusing character so far; conned that woman with his story and finding it confounding how weak they are when it comes to the word "Ouji." Totally relatable in today's society too!
Really liked his little performance. Looking forward to see him join Arslan's crew soon.

Lusitanian Army thought of quite a good method of breaching Ecbatana's gates. Those slaves are about to rebel soon. :O

Good episode. Endcard is nice as always.

May 3, 2015 11:29 AM

Jun 2013
damn that was a brutal torture and the slaves thing remindes me of Game of Thrones
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

102 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 4, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2015

84 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Mar 1, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2015

118 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 24, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2015

109 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 11, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Arslan Senki (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2015

115 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Feb 9, 1:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.