Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 4, 2015 5:40 AM
Mar 2014
Why did Asakura and Haruhi take off their shoes when they were spying on Nagato and Kyon?
May 4, 2015 1:16 PM

Mar 2010
God, how I hate Haruhi. Why does she have to destroy even this anime? Isn't it enough she destroyed her own? I want more Yuuki and canon Yuuki/Kyon not the queen bitch being her usual self all the time.
May 4, 2015 2:08 PM

Aug 2009
HikaruIzumi said:
canon Yuuki/Kyon

This is not canon since it's from a fan manga and have no relation with the original universe.

Aside of that, it's pretty clear in this episode that while Haruhi/Kyon feel very natural, Asakura throw a tantrum just because she want Nagato to be with Kyon while it's obviously Nagato who is doing things wrong.
May 4, 2015 7:35 PM

Jul 2011
And i thought that this Haruhi couldn't be worse than the original, *sigh*
May 5, 2015 8:13 AM

Aug 2013
Asakura reaction at the end was priceless. ''REAAAALLY??''
Everyone reaction to Kyon obliviousness... Well, it happen one time in a million that a romance resolve itself at the beginning and it already happened in one show this season, so it can't happen twice :|

All those reference to the original show... Is this really a spin-off or what? They certainly don't put those just for fanservice, it's like their memories are being transfered slowly. Kyon ponytail question was particuliarly odd.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 5, 2015 8:33 AM

Dec 2013
"And his cries of agony echoed for all eternity....."

Asakura was one big sis this episode. Absolutely loved it!
Still, I was kind of upset Yuki didn't manage to get her point across... and whats with Haruhi's cryptic monologue? Does she like Kyon, or not???
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 5, 2015 11:52 AM

May 2008
Did anyone else notice 'Clair De Lune' playing when Yuki and Kyon were eating their chocolates together? <33

May 5, 2015 12:50 PM

Jun 2013
Im sorry but this episode was awful
May 5, 2015 3:30 PM
Apr 2015
I love the original Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu manga and I was so sad about the first episodes at first, because the anime looked like it was going to be not as good.

Now the anime is getting as good as the manga. I'm looking so much forward to it. To me reading the manga had felt like reading doujinshi, since it was so different from the original series. Seeing it animated with the real Haruhi voices is like a dream to me :3

(Kyon is my favourite male character ever, I look like Nagato, and Kyon x Nagato is my OTP, so that makes me very happy.)
May 5, 2015 6:32 PM

Apr 2010
This series really is pretty decent. Nothing flash, in any way, but it's worth a watch and is pretty entertaining and cute at times. I like the new Yuki but I do prefer the original, but most people will, though I don't really compare them cause this is a spin-off series. Would be nice if the ranking went up, but I'm sure all the children expecting a Haruhi season 3 will make sure it stays down. Some MAL users are so sad lol.
May 5, 2015 7:12 PM
Apr 2009
haruhi <333
May 5, 2015 9:36 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Well at least Nagato finally had her chance to give Kyon the V.Day gift. Kind of hoped Asakura would slap the living daylights out of Haruhi. She pretty much ruined Nagato's moment in the previous episode.

Haruhi's chocolate bars seem like convenience store bought chocolates.

Asakura ain't that bad, her game personality is quite hilarious.

May 12, 2015 3:11 AM

Jul 2013
Holy. Shit. Suzumiya. Remembers.

This is going exactly the direction I thought it would go in.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
May 14, 2015 3:51 AM

May 2010
Haruhi was on-the-point in the beginning. Gotta love that.

"I forgive myself." lol. I am glad they didn't overdo the drama there. It is rare for an anime to begin a drama and immediately give it closure. I appreciate that.

Gotta love Ryoko and Haruhi's new bond this episode.

Finally a protagonist who eat chocolate without giving a damn. Heck yeah.

Tsuruya... sigh. Kyon sure took his sweet time on the floor.

John Smith strikes again.

Dat next episode title tho. "Over the obento." I thought she was going to say Obama for a sec.
May 16, 2015 7:50 AM

Nov 2011
The narrative was interesting in the beginning, managing quastione appropriately and not trivializing the situation. I'm pretty satisfied with the way they have behaved all the characters; shame that Satelight not give more quality to the drawings and animations
May 19, 2015 2:37 AM

Oct 2008
Oh such a cute episode. Nagato that is.
Asakura getting mad at Haruhi was fine to me.
It's good that Nagato was still able to give the chocolates to Kyon.
Did Asakura also expected to have a return gift from Kyon??? haha...
5/5.

May 20, 2015 3:17 AM

Oct 2013
llcruz said:
Haruhi is still the best grill...
May 20, 2015 10:28 AM

Feb 2010
Can anyone tell me the song when Kyon is about to eat the chocolate? It's been used on different anime(s) such as KimiUso, etc.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

May 22, 2015 8:32 AM

Sep 2014
In the "John Smith" scene, Kyon was also younger looking, so I am going to assume that in this alternate setting, they have met before, when they were younger.

Melancholy (2009) spoilers:

I don't feel any attachment to this (alternate) Yuki at all, at least at this stage of the anime.

Xenograft said:
Whatever dimension this franchise is in - Haruhi is still the best match for Kyon.
Mirai, zura~!
Jun 22, 2015 1:40 PM

Oct 2013
This episode is seriously confusing me. I don't know whether to root for Haruhi or Yuki anymore. It was super cute nonetheless.
"The world cannot be changed with pretty words alone." ~Lelouch Lamperouge
Jun 29, 2015 1:51 AM

Oct 2013
felipekorbes said:
I really don't care what people are saying about this anime. It obviously is pretty generic, but it's being highly enjoyable for me.

word

This episode reminded me yet again that I love Haruhi.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jul 22, 2015 9:54 AM

May 2012
Lol that ending! Quite fun episode, let's see what's next!
Jul 23, 2015 3:09 PM

Sep 2013
Can't seem to like yuki's excessive shyness...well haruhi's expression sure said a lot
Oct 2, 2015 11:36 PM

Aug 2009
nagato lame excuse is lame

friend-zoned, but damn kyon groped nagato for too long >:O

need dem fanservices
Oct 29, 2015 5:23 PM
Feb 2015
" It'sl ike when you're riding a bike alone in the night, you start to sing a love song and then a passer-by comes by" lmao

This episode was excellent, I love the face they make when they scream like Asakura did
Dec 30, 2015 1:51 AM

Dec 2009
So tired of the shy girl act and Asakura the guardian ... Also it's so funny seeing Asakura and Haruhi drinking coffee and talking about love after seeing the main series. Overall not a bad episode, loved the part where Kyon said he couldn't do it with his left hand :D That was amusing in many ways
Jan 10, 2016 1:14 AM
Mar 2012
Semi marathoned ep1-5. Comedy's building up. This was a great blend of comedy & romance. Romance was too vague/nonexistent in S1/S2.
Some lines really explore character nuance, closer to Oregairu than Haruhi.
This ep makes me really interested in Eyebrow Mom (dont recall her name cuz she
early in the other season...). Oh Asakura, just for keeping Haruhi less annoying is +10 points. With the conflict, it also gave more nuance to Haruhi, besides unconsciously controlling the whole world, everything must follow her plans etc... "maybe she's m?" Great line. Harushi's not honest with herself, or too timid to admit.
Yuki searching choco was nicely animated moe stuff.
Lol references to Yuki the Alien. Couldn't tell that was courtesy choco, and LASER BEAAAM UGGGGHHH!!!
Kyon, your left hand, too funny. Thx Tsuruga. Escalating as everyone joined the "scene."

Drawing scene happened in S2. Can't recall if he mentioned John Smith. What's certain is Haruhi never thanked both Yuki & Kyon for the drawing.
Feb 24, 2016 7:08 AM

Jan 2013
Such drama over chocolate ...
Glad it worked out though.
Nov 14, 2017 7:25 AM

Mar 2016
I'm sorry, but this show is so stupid. It's choc full of old cliches and uses romance anime tropes we've seen ad infinitum. It's a freaking spin off of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. The least they could do is try to make it different. I mean, they've got such unique characters at their disposal and I hate watching their potential go to complete waste. Itsuki was my favorite character in the original, but without the mysterious element he had in the original, he's not even the same person.

And don't get me started on Yuki Nagato. I know this is in reference to her in the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya movie, but why is it so different? I heard somebody say it feels forced and I couldnt agree more. The relationship between Kyon and Haruhi is more likeable and almost demands to be explored in this anime, and I know that's contrary to their intentions. I just don't know what went wrong.

I've already seen this anime because so far, it has done nothing original. It's like a poorly produced version of Kimi ni Todoke. You'd be better off watching that instead of this...

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2017 2:00 PM
Jan 2012
yes. he finally eat chocolat.
Jan 8, 2018 10:09 AM

Jan 2016
Kyon90 said:
chakracat said:
She shot lasers lmao

"The Sigh" reference!
AHAHAHAH

Didn't even notice that on first viewing lol

Anyway, this is probably one of the best episodes of the series so far. The misunderstanding was played surprisingly well, and in fact it was a subversion of the typical misunderstanding as it was the third party who was confused the entire time, and it shows Yuki actually has developed as a character (albeit, she doesn't have much character to begin with lol)

LusciousLobsters said:
omg that "ah, my left arm isn't strong enough" scene cracked me up.

Me too! This was great, seeing as Kyon did the same thing with his dominant hand last episode.

I'm surprised no one is annoyed about how Kyon seems to not notice Yuki's feelings whatsoever, but I'm not surprised - this is how his character was in the Dissapearance.
Speaking of, since in this universe 'John Smith' is a younger Kyon and not a time-travelled Kyon, that shows a big difference withe the Dissapearance's universe...

Great episode!
Mar 26, 2018 9:33 PM

Nov 2013
If you are looking for really shitty romcom, search no further. It's pure shit.
And Asakura really needs to get a life.
GvendolineMar 26, 2018 10:58 PM
Jun 28, 2019 11:44 AM

Jul 2013
In the end, Haruhi, along with Kyon, is and will always be the life in this franchise. The series has gotten less boring after she got introduced and yet here we are with the classic misunderstanding scenes in romcom coupled with overreactions

Replacing the alien stuff with a romcom plot just isn't it :'(

Dull_LullJun 28, 2019 11:53 AM
Oct 6, 2019 5:41 PM

Aug 2018
Excellent Episode, misunderstandings and a little romance. Seems like Haruhi has her nose a little bent out of shape.
Mar 17, 2020 8:22 PM

Apr 2013
I love how they played Debussy's "Reverie" in the beginning of the episode.
Jun 13, 2020 10:09 AM

Feb 2019
A good episode. Liked the interactions between Haruhi, Asakura, and Yuki. I'm really liking the Haruhi in this universe too where she never had those godly powers. So she did meet Kyon back in middle school too, but this time Kyon's also a middle schooler (and not a time traveller travelling back in time lol). But that kinda places the John Smith thing in a weird position.

So Haruhi here is much more honest with how she feels about Kyon. Without her godly powers, she feels more tsundere haha
Sep 7, 2020 12:45 PM

Jan 2014
i was not prepared for how cringy this would be lol

i don't understand what dimension this show is in T.T i guess it has nothing to do with disappearance??? but they still cross their fingers and hope the old haruhi references will carry them (john smith line, ponytail thing)... i don't like it >.<
Nov 18, 2020 5:07 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Interesting, that they kept the same Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody scene on these universe too. But the different while Kyon was a child on these one that might didn't remembering those scene again rather a time traveller Kyon like the main one. Lol, how dense! Even with those gifting the same present for both of them! I wonder how the hell they connected it on these one? If only Haruhi at the same school like them, everything might be more spicier than those xD.

Well, the result was understandable, even though i am still wanting more about whats goin on and the impact was so low. I mean, ofc Yuki failed to commence again, like its only 5 episodes in! But the scenario was not to be like that. Even Kyon looks so dumb befell to Yuki's chest like that. Oh well, lets see the next interaction again for all of those young souls. I hope its back to usual fun and happy thing, not these cheesy cringey episode xd ....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 1, 2021 7:22 PM

Jun 2014
Well, Nagato was still able to give Kyon the chocolates, but I think he's still too slow to figure out that she likes him.

Meanwhile, we know for a fact that Haruhi also likes Kyon, so this is definitely a triangle.

Mar 17, 2023 6:27 AM

Nov 2010
I guess I forgot. I didn't know Kyo & Haruhi had met when they were still kids.
I know this is Yuki's show, but I'm still rooting for Haruhi all the way!
Feb 15, 7:49 AM
Aug 2019
wait is this canon? like, did kyon actually decide to keep the new timeline? why they met in a different way then?! what the hell does the john smith actually mean???
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

358 by _untitled »»
May 5, 3:04 PM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2015

85 by Sachoza »»
Apr 27, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

138 by Shaka-bun »»
Mar 7, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2015

181 by Pitt83 »»
Mar 4, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2015

82 by Pitt83 »»
Feb 17, 11:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.