Which one do you prefer?
Erina Nakiri (blonde. ojou-sama)
40.5%
Megumi Tadokoro (blunette. innocent)
59.5%
1,723 votes
Apr 26, 2015 4:09 AM

May 2010
You don't have to have them as your favorite, just state your preference and reason on why you think one of them is better than the other. If wanting one of them with Souma is your reason, then that's accepted as well.

Note - Bashing isn't allowed. If you don't like one of them, simply say so. No cursing or any rude words.

Personally, I like Megumi a lot better. She's cute, what she lacks can be made up with some good chara development. I want her to become more confident and all badass. Erina is a bit too much of a tsundere for my taste. Too proud and very dishonest. I hope she improves tho.
TragicRomanceMay 2, 2016 12:29 PM
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 26, 2015 4:12 AM

Nov 2014
Erina best girl
Apr 26, 2015 4:13 AM

Mar 2012
Alice is best girl.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 26, 2015 4:16 AM

Apr 2015
Harem route, of course. Is there any other way?

Out of those two though, I prefer Megumi.
[size=67]My profile | "A real man is someone who prepares himself for death before he eats breakfast every morning."
Apr 26, 2015 4:16 AM

May 2010
NeoAnkara said:
Alice is best girl.

This reminded me, I didn't include other girls cuz they haven't been introduced properly yet. These two are main heroines anyway. If we have no poll on best girl by the end, I will be sure to make one.
Apr 26, 2015 4:20 AM

Mar 2012
TragicRomance said:
NeoAnkara said:
Alice is best girl.

This reminded me, I didn't include other girls cuz they haven't been introduced properly yet. These two are main heroines anyway. If we have no poll on best girl by the end, I will be sure to make one.
For main girl Erina didn't get many screen time which is mocked by Alice.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 26, 2015 4:43 AM

Aug 2014
Neither, really. If I had to choose, it'd probably be Megumi.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Apr 26, 2015 5:53 AM

Apr 2015
Erina because she is Souma's rival. I love hate becomes love.
#CHEXIT
Apr 26, 2015 8:28 AM

Mar 2015
I'm sure for almost 100% what people will say "Nikumi is the best girl", when she appeared.
Apr 26, 2015 8:32 AM

May 2014
Based on design Erina. Based on everything else Megumi
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2015 8:42 AM

Aug 2012
Erina

Apr 26, 2015 8:47 AM

Jan 2014
megumi because she's alot cuter and erina is just too much of a tsundere
Apr 26, 2015 1:24 PM
Jul 2014
Megumi. I prefer her shy, innocent, and timid personality to Erina's cold, condescending, self-righteous personality. Also, I really like Megumi's development in the manga. She's changed quite a bit since she was introduced while Erina still is almost the same person she was at the start.
Apr 26, 2015 4:42 PM

Apr 2013
NeoAnkara said:
Alice is best girl.

100% agreed :p
Apr 26, 2015 5:06 PM

Apr 2015
Zack_attack said:
Megumi. I prefer her shy, innocent, and timid personality to Erina's cold, condescending, self-righteous personality. Also, I really like Megumi's development in the manga. She's changed quite a bit since she was introduced while Erina still is almost the same person she was at the start.

#CHEXIT
Apr 27, 2015 5:23 AM

Nov 2011
Any girl in this series is better than Erina honestly. Its like the only good thing about Erina is her look.

Apr 27, 2015 5:42 AM

Jun 2011
Megumi best waifu!

I choose her because I don't really like Erina that much.
KaiserNazrin said:
Any girl in this series is better than Erina honestly. Its like the only good thing about Erina is her look.
The latter is true in my case, and even then, Magumi looks better than Erina for most of the time imo.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 27, 2015 12:10 PM

Jan 2014
Easily Megumi...I can handle being tsundere and everything but you cant expect what she did to Souma with just being a tsundere,it was just plain mean and evil...So she lose in character department(so far at least),also Megumi is cuter than Erina...Easy decision imo...

lol'd at blunette tho...:/
LoneWizzyApr 27, 2015 12:14 PM
Apr 27, 2015 12:12 PM

Jul 2011
I hate tsunderes and the shy ones...

So Granny is best girl
Apr 27, 2015 3:41 PM

Sep 2013
Agreed guys, alice is best girl, but for now we'll say Megumi :D
Apr 27, 2015 8:09 PM

Aug 2013
Megumi, she's cute and badass
Apr 27, 2015 10:17 PM

Apr 2015
MasterDetective said:

RPSB9Apr 27, 2015 10:24 PM
#CHEXIT
Apr 30, 2015 11:42 AM

Oct 2013
Mito Ikumi be far. She's the best girl to rule Souma alone >=3.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2015 3:00 PM
May 2014
Imeon said:
MasterDetective said:

I think he knows that and PS, she stopped being dependant on Souma in the end of the second arc which is like Chapter 30 something like that

Hence ''The things I seen.''
http://i39.mangareader.net/shokugeki-no-soma/69/shokugeki-no-soma-4949949.jpg

''All The People Who Pushed Me Forward.''
http://i12.mangareader.net/shokugeki-no-soma/69/shokugeki-no-soma-4949959.jpg

the fact that she was really dependant on Souma in the beginning contracts greatly with how she is now and how she is becoming more and more independant.
Apr 30, 2015 4:41 PM

Jun 2014
Megumi. I don't like Erina because she is a tsundere and how she treated Souma at the exam was just...too much and furthermore she doesn't appear and doesn't get character development.
May 1, 2015 4:34 PM

Feb 2015
Neither. I'd rather it stick to food.
May 1, 2015 5:09 PM
Oct 2013
I think Naruto should marry Hinata!
They fit better and share their Ninja Way!
Sakura only hits him and says mean things!
IsterioMay 1, 2015 5:12 PM
May 1, 2015 5:14 PM
May 2014
Isterio said:
è

The problem with this is that Naruto is completely different from Naruto in Naruto and Hinata doesn't have this shiness towards Naruto unlike Hinata from Naruto who only is sh towards Naruto. This hinata is only shy when it comes to cooking and not to forget that Hinata from Naruto has little character development whereas here, this character is the most developped character in the series.

In the end, they are different characters, Megumi shyness is different from Hinata shyness and their personality beside the shyness is very different. Souma and Naruto...do I even have to say anything?

But Naruto should marry Hinata, JS
May 1, 2015 5:44 PM
Oct 2013
Mathias2001 said:

The problem with this is that Naruto is completely different from Naruto in Naruto and Hinata doesn't have this shiness towards Naruto unlike Hinata from Naruto who only is sh towards Naruto. This hinata is only shy when it comes to cooking and not to forget that Hinata from Naruto has little character development whereas here, this character is the most developped character in the series.

n the end, they are different characters, Megumi shyness is different from Hinata shyness and their personality beside the shyness is very different. Souma and Naruto...do I even have to say anything?

Don´t forgett that this is a character driven story, even with all the cooking it´s a slice of life show and no battle shounen. No character development= no show.

I´ll attach my prediction to the final pairings to one event.
Souma has seen Tadoroko naked, it´s a common writing tool for manga to make the "heroine" get attached to the guy (marry him) who has seen their "skin". Tadoroko herself mentions that right after (Sorry Mom, I cannot marry anymore).At least for now it looks that there won´t be much "mutual romance" but it will get cockteased throughout the story. Tadoroko is the other extreme cliché besides the Tsundere, the shy girl. The end of the story will focus around who Souma actually wants. Another writing cliché, Souma is a Ying he´s masculin agressive red haired hothead. Tadoroko is Yang she´s feminime calm peaceful bluehaired cool person.
Erina and Souma will end up as good friends, who respect each other and the whole scene switch with his Dad is just a huge troll.

IsterioMay 1, 2015 7:03 PM
May 1, 2015 6:59 PM

Aug 2013
Mathias2001 said:
Isterio said:
è

In the end, they are different characters, Megumi shyness is different from Hinata shyness and their personality beside the shyness is very different. Souma and Naruto...do I even have to say anything?

pretty confused by this but I agree. Megumi, while being a "shy" girl, is unlike other typical "shy" girls becuase for one she's only shy when it comes to cooking and secondly because she grows out of her shyness and becomes her own badass person. Also Megumi and Souma have some nice chemistry.

May 1, 2015 7:19 PM
Oct 2013
MasterDetective said:
Mathias2001 said:
è

pretty confused by this but I agree. Megumi, while being a "shy" girl, is unlike other typical "shy" girls becuase for one she's only shy when it comes to cooking and secondly because she grows out of her shyness and becomes her own badass person. Also Megumi and Souma have some nice chemistry.

The joke is that the similarities between the characters are there at least on surface level.
I´m saying by no means that it´s inspired since they just use typical shounen tropes.

But having read a bunch of shounen manga including 2 harem I can categorize the females by their cliche counterparts.
Nikumi is the fanservice ( big bro) female. She´s kinda in love with Souma but they don´t compliment. Then there is the childhood friend, which tends to get lost through the distance (friendzoned), the tsundere (hot bitch) who will be the main cocktease and the shy one who is the main counter to the tsundere (the cute girl). The others are the calm one, the hyper energetic one, that pushes the shy one, the school council president (secretary).

By the end probably everyone with some relevance will be paired up, even swirly glasses has a girlfriend already. And we all know how Swirly Glasses get´s treated usually.
IsterioMay 1, 2015 7:24 PM
May 1, 2015 9:40 PM

May 2009
Thankfully there is no romance for Souma in manga so far. Too bad it won't stop rabbid shippers
May 1, 2015 10:11 PM
Oct 2013
bastek66 said:
Thankfully there is no romance for Souma in manga so far. Too bad it won't stop rabbid shippers

There was 0 romance in Ranma 1/2 as well literally zero.
Still by the end it was a Harem of 3 consistant girls and occasional new ones showing up.
Kenichi is a pure battle/echi shounen, still there were besides the "love interest heroine" 4 others temporarely interested in the MC and 2 consistant.

Food wars isn´t a genuine battle manga, it´s a Harem in disguise. When it takes just 50 chapters to introduce 4 potential relationships, with girls constant blushing around Souma and the father claiming that the goal of the story is to find a girl to cook for her, the harem is just made obvious.

The Food battles are just a cheap way to disguise it as a battle shounen.
IsterioMay 1, 2015 10:26 PM
May 2, 2015 2:15 AM

Mar 2014
Don't like any of them, but I'll go with Megumi since my favourite VA has the same name as her
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 2, 2015 3:04 AM

Apr 2015
Erina is just fuckin an eyesore.
I ship souma with myself.
May 2, 2015 4:19 AM

Dec 2013
I really can't stand Erin so Megumi.
May 2, 2015 8:33 AM

Jan 2012
Definitely Megumi >< Though I wouldn't say I like her I don't dislike her as I do for Erina...
Can't stomach what she did during the 1st ep... don't like her arrogance ><
May 2, 2015 10:30 AM

Jul 2010
Megumi. She's so cute and I love how her seiyuu makes her accent.
May 2, 2015 11:44 AM

Jul 2012
Megumi..... she's cute and likable for me... i dont care about Erina.....
How could I betray, when I never said I would obey?
May 2, 2015 12:01 PM
Oct 2014
I like tsundere but not arrogant princess so I pick Megumi.
She's cute and sometimes shy, but her strong point actually lies on her good willing and innocence.
Thanks to Soma now she can build her own confidence, I want to see more of her badasses.
May 2, 2015 1:44 PM

Jul 2014
unkind said:

Pretty much this. The manga is practically going this route, so why not?
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
May 2, 2015 1:49 PM
Oct 2013
KittyDaFuhrer said:
unkind said:

In all honesty though I am not a Harem fan, it´s a genre I despise for several reasons.
But is there one Harem, where the guy actually takes advantage of it and it´s not some stupid bullshit back and forth till the very last episode,
Where the main pairing comes together for a single kiss?

And no I don´t count school days I´ve seen 2 hillarious reviews about it and I believe I´m better off without watching it.
May 2, 2015 2:58 PM

Aug 2013
Isterio said:
KittyDaFuhrer said:

In all honesty though I am not a Harem fan, it´s a genre I despise for several reasons.
But is there one Harem, where the guy actually takes advantage of it and it´s not some stupid bullshit back and forth till the very last episode,
Where the main pairing comes together for a single kiss?

And no I don´t count school days I´ve seen 2 hillarious reviews about it and I believe I´m better off without watching it.

White Album
May 2, 2015 3:49 PM

Apr 2014
In term of body, I like Erina more than Megumi.
In term of personality, I like Megumi more than Erina.
Overall, if I were to chose, I would go with Megumi.
May 3, 2015 10:02 AM

Feb 2012
Megumi winning the poll by a landslide :|.

Looks like MAL isnt as shit as i thought.
May 3, 2015 11:06 AM
Oct 2013
HeatBurn said:

It´s actually pretty common that the shy girl is more likeable than the tsundere, in a shounen manga. Look at Naruto, Hinata´s fanbase is severly bigger than Sakura´s.
It´s also written by a man, if it was written by a female the tsundere may had more attention.

I don´t know about women, but most men and I´m being sexist here, prefer feminim cute women, not cocky overconfident women (that´s perceived as bitchy).
On top of that Erina had severly less screentime, the little she had she behaved like some arrogant spoiled brat, the one way to increase her fanbase would be through explaining her character.
May 3, 2015 4:55 PM

Jun 2014
Isterio said:
HeatBurn said:

It´s actually pretty common that the shy girl is more likeable than the tsundere, in a shounen manga. Look at Naruto, Hinata´s fanbase is severly bigger than Sakura´s.
It´s also written by a man, if it was written by a female the tsundere may had more attention.

I don´t know about women, but most men and I´m being sexist here, prefer feminim cute women, not cocky overconfident women (that´s perceived as bitchy).
On top of that Erina had severly less screentime, the little she had she behaved like some arrogant spoiled brat, the one way to increase her fanbase would be through explaining her character.

Maybe in naruto's case...but in the others shonen manga I read the tsundere almost always has the biggest popularity. The first one who pop in my mind is Hayate no gotoku. Hina and Nagi are like idk why the most popular by a mile.
May 3, 2015 5:06 PM

Apr 2015
Megumi, she is pure love and tenderness.
May 3, 2015 5:17 PM

Aug 2012
Putting the subjectivity of likability aside, Megumi has more screen time, character development and is closest to Souma.
While in terms of cooking skills however, Erina is far superior but..

Manga Spoilers

Isterio said:

Actually Megumi is ranked 3rd in the popularity contest. Guess who's 2nd.
julyanMay 3, 2015 5:26 PM
May 3, 2015 5:25 PM

Jan 2008
Thai777 said:
Isterio said:

Maybe in naruto's case...but in the others shonen manga I read the tsundere almost always has the biggest popularity. The first one who pop in my mind is Hayate no gotoku. Hina and Nagi are like idk why the most popular by a mile.

No you're correct. The only reason Megumi is winning because a lot viewers hate Erina just because she's displayed as a bitch more often than not being one. Lol. If she started throwing out her 'dere' expressions more and less of her 'tsun', I'm sure she'd rack in more points.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

637 by Raymond_Bermea »»
Apr 24, 7:58 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

330 by Phaeton777 »»
Apr 17, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

221 by Emejotis »»
Apr 4, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

186 by Duany »»
Mar 9, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Dec 31, 2023

13 by Arrow02 »»
Jan 2, 7:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.