Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Apr 23, 2015 9:12 PM

May 2014
really enjoyed this episode though i have to say i not a fan of erina she is a bitch the fact she can taste something so amazing but because she is so high class she says its disgusting annoyed me to no end. though my opinion of her may change as i the story progresses (not read/reading this manga)
Apr 25, 2015 1:46 AM

Apr 2011
The red head girl reminds me of Minori Kushieda from Toradora!. I'm enjoying the show so far, trying to catch up on multiple episodes. :)
Apr 25, 2015 11:35 AM

Dec 2009
Yeah thats right eat it bitch! Eh eh eh eh :D
Apr 28, 2015 3:24 AM

Oct 2013
Man tsunderes are bad enough, but this show has to introduce a food tsundere?! forget the ecchi; THAT is the worst part of the series thus far.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 3, 2015 6:10 PM
Jun 2010
wow... WOW
May 5, 2015 7:50 AM
Oct 2013
I'll get so fucking fat by the end of this anime.
May 11, 2015 11:59 AM
Jul 2013
OST Here is the epic SOUNDTRACK played in Shokugeki no Soma :

https://youtu.be/0q4ZjKzoStc
May 21, 2015 6:43 AM

Nov 2012
Those angels XDDD
May 22, 2015 10:01 AM

Aug 2013
Hmm how come those foodgasm turn so extreme in the anime hahaha.
Erina is a bit more annoying too lol.. I hope show some of her cuteness from the manga.
Next episode will have an awesome speech hyak hyak.
May 25, 2015 8:10 PM

Apr 2015
Thai777 said:
Roth said:
God she's annoying. Ughh pls don't tell me she's the potential girl.

She doesn't appear that much in the manga, don't worry.

OMG i hate her too. The part that she rejected her mom's milk was funny, but overall she is so spoiled.
Souma is the best male character i've seen in this season. It's impossible not love him. o/
May 28, 2015 4:20 AM

Jul 2013
Goddammit I like Shouma. Hard-headed kid with a short fuse hahaha.

lol I was pretty sure he's gonna pass but well I think grandpa's gonna do something about it
Jun 6, 2015 3:10 PM

Jun 2010
The food looked absolutely beautiful and delicious. I just hate how they're exaggerating how good his food is. Everyone's having foodgasms. Sure his makings are delicious but they should be that great after graduation.
and they're making a 15 year old have orgasms, wtf?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2015 10:18 AM
Jun 2015
yoite- said:
The food looked absolutely beautiful and delicious. I just hate how they're exaggerating how good his food is. Everyone's having foodgasms. Sure his makings are delicious but they should be that great after graduation.
and they're making a 15 year old have orgasms, wtf?

I can agree soooooo much.
The reactions towards the food are same on chapter 1 and chapter 100.. this is one thing that I hate about this series.
Jun 19, 2015 8:07 PM

Jul 2013
I love this anime. The two of the three main charcters are awesome. Erina <3

And so much funny scenes. I laughed so much. I want this egg menu irl *.*
How must that taste. I'm hungry now nooooo :o

Jul 3, 2015 9:49 PM
Jul 2014
Dropped. Can't stand these obnoxious "foodgasm" scenes and other oddies. Otherwise, looks like a decent cooking show.

Picked back up due to boredom.
MALAccount84Jul 6, 2015 6:18 PM
Jul 16, 2015 12:55 PM

Nov 2013
Wow, I'm proud of some of the people here. I thought I was the only one who hated this Erina chick. Honestly characters like her are so annoying and so frequent in anime (whether it's tsundere or similar annoying bitches) that I feel like just stopping watching anime altogether. Really sick of these extremely unlikable characters appearing in almost every anime. For fucks sake Japan.
Jul 19, 2015 10:47 PM

Jul 2015
Awesome episode
love boobs
Aug 24, 2015 3:16 PM

Jul 2012
This show is so exaggerated. I fucking love it! 😂
Aug 24, 2015 8:07 PM
Aug 2013
Oh man...

I am SO glad I picked up this anime finally. This is hilarious! I love the pace, the great use of music, animation, art, comedy, just everything!

After Steins;Gate and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso and shedding many, many tears (Tuturuu!~), this anime is such a breath of fresh air!
Aug 27, 2015 9:21 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
"low class commoner" xD

When naked monks attack. lol
When you hungry then you hungry.

Than Erina chick got owned. He may be a low class commoner, but he can make good food. I wonder how many of us actually tried to make the dish.

Sep 14, 2015 4:31 PM

Jan 2013
Typical rich girl that thinks that she is the best.
Loved this episode xD he will surely get accepted :D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 26, 2015 6:35 AM

Aug 2014
lol first words of kid to say the mother milk is bad :O ssssso cruel~~!
Erina calling Hisako shameless hussy ?:D and all this fanservice is this rly PG13?

I was thinking that Yoshiaki would participate in exam also thx to Souma stopping him. That would be better for the plot, he would somehow pass and be Souma best friend from now on. But he just run... that sucks...

Why they repeat same dishes in images of perfect dishes, for example this crab. They should draw new ones each time...

This episode got a little more comedy than first one.
- heh that stray dog and gem metaphor :)
- She still can't tell what Souma is making? :DDD (wait I also don't know :P )
- Tasting second bite? - any complaints
- Souma little angels look more like devils ;d

that ending was a surprise! She cheats! :|
better episode than first one.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Oct 4, 2015 11:09 PM

Jul 2015
Im enjoy this food wars idk why huh? I had fun, that's all that I can say huh cool
Oct 7, 2015 5:49 AM

May 2012
Lol he didn't pass even though she had such a reaction :p but I'm sure with that ending that his "fail" got withdrawn :p Pretty fun episode and development, let's see what's next!
RafaelDeJonghOct 7, 2015 5:56 AM
Oct 10, 2015 10:36 PM

Mar 2015
i dont wanna see toradora's minori again, but this anime made me watch her again. Hisako, the secratary looks like her lol
chill, let's just agree to disagree.
Oct 11, 2015 2:01 PM

Oct 2014
Good episode but god is Erina annoying as hell? I've heard she doesn't appear much later but it was such a pain to watch her in this episode
Oct 12, 2015 7:51 PM

Jul 2012
They'd better give me a fucking recipe. I love eggs.

I want to run her over with a train.
Oct 17, 2015 3:28 PM

Dec 2014
Nice seeing stuck-up children/teens get crushed. Always satisfying to watch.
Nov 5, 2015 11:30 PM
May 2012
Annoying bitch....but yeah <3
Dec 24, 2015 2:14 AM

Jun 2009
the imagery used to describe the "foodgasms" is probably more creative than the show itself.
Jan 1, 2016 5:02 AM

Sep 2014
Dat Erina *A*, so hot and cute at the same time.
Such a foodgasm and she still refused him, what a tsundere ^^
Soma angels lmao
That old man going saiyan after eating the food xD
Jan 23, 2016 5:02 PM

Nov 2011
I already had an idea of where that was going thanks to a certain review of this show, but it was a pretty entertaining episode nonetheless. Erina is way too full of herself, though.
Feb 20, 2016 5:33 AM

Apr 2015
Erina is soo hot and beautiful.

Lolis are the best =P
Apr 20, 2016 6:10 PM

Sep 2011
I am witnessing greatness.
May 5, 2016 8:31 AM

Jun 2013
I literally laughed for 24 minutes!

LOL @ Erina at the last part when she said through the telephone that no one passed the exam. She couldn't accept the fact that Souma is just really great in cooking. Her pride is even bigger than the most powerful God of the Olypmus: Zeus. LOLOLOL.

Anyway, the reactions are priceless. That monk is way too hilarious, then also the reactions of the examiners when they found out that Erina would be the judge.

But seriously though, just because they're poor or you haven't heard of the restaurant they cook at doesn't mean they're not worthy of being at that elite school. Discrimination is everywhere.

The grandfather at the last scene appreciated Souma's cooking. It's clearly obvious Souma passed the exam.

Wohoo, I'm starting to enjoy this anime. <3
May 5, 2016 8:34 AM

Mar 2016
WAIT IS THERE A SEASON 2 THAT I AM UNAWARE OF SORRY TO BE A BIG ASS NOOB
so this is how you make a signature ;;
May 27, 2016 9:36 AM

Aug 2014
Damn Erina is quite the bitch...
Jun 6, 2016 8:26 AM

Sep 2015
So am I the only one who sees that she did a horrible, unjustified thing and nearly trampled on a boy's dreams because of her pride?

'Best girl'? The hell is wrong with you people.
Jun 6, 2016 8:32 AM

Sep 2015
HandsomeMan said:
Wow, I'm proud of some of the people here. I thought I was the only one who hated this Erina chick. Honestly characters like her are so annoying and so frequent in anime (whether it's tsundere or similar annoying bitches) that I feel like just stopping watching anime altogether. Really sick of these extremely unlikable characters appearing in almost every anime. For fucks sake Japan.

It happens so much. It's usually a girl who acts like a complete bitch and intends to do something incredibly horrible like lie about a boy's cooking to refuse him from a school. Oh, but she's 'tsundere' so the watchers instantly love her.

If she had been strict and cold when evaluating food but was honest when she came across something genuinely good then she'd be a great character. Instead we get a bitch who will sacrifice both her credibility and another's hopes and dreams all because of her ego. :/

'Best girl' my ass.
Jun 6, 2016 8:39 AM

Sep 2015
SigOpram said:
Grey-Zone said:

Uhm, no... I have not watched/read Nisekoi. And Erina would be a "typical" tsundere if she said something like "it' DISGUSTING! but it's barely enough for a student of this academy to pass" and I would be OK with her like that at that poin

If you did not watch Nisekoi, then you completely miss my point.

fail him because of prejudice originating from her ideolog

Are you paying attention or what? She failed him because she did not want to admit that she lost the "battle". She does not want to admit she gave in to the temptation.

But because she has "good looks" people don't want to admit that she is unsympathetic, or even hateable

Unsympathetic or even hateable? On top of all, because of "good looks"? No wonder they won't admit it, including me, because the reasons you've listed aren't the reasons at all.

I watched Nisekoi and I really enjoy it, but I have to say, Chitoge is NOWHERE near as bad as Erina.

Chitoge would insult and belittle Raku, but she would always help him when he needed it most and she was very moral, often wanting to apologize for the things she said and feeling sometimes like she should be hated.

She would never do something like deny someone getting into a school because of her own ego. Erina had no reason to reject him but did it anyway because she felt like it.

Chitoge is cold on the outside and warm on the inside, this Erina bitch is cold both on the outside and inside.

Chitoge would be annoyed but she would know the right thing to do would be to let him into the school because his food was good. You can't compare the two.
Jun 7, 2016 5:29 AM
Oct 2013
@Angry_Always Erina isn't bad as you think she is if you're following the manga as of now. Chitoge's childhood is a LOT better than Erina's. My analogy is a mistake.
Jun 7, 2016 9:53 AM

Sep 2015
SigOpram said:
@Angry_Always Erina isn't bad as you think she is if you're following the manga as of now. Chitoge's childhood is a LOT better than Erina's. My analogy is a mistake.

I see, I apologize if I came off rude, you aren't wrong about her being some variety of tsundere but I love Chitoge's inner kindness and I get defensive about anime characters because I'm immature like that. It's the same reason why I got mad at Erina for denying Souma.

If Erina's childhood were to explain why she would do something that cruel then I suppose I should be patient and soldier on. If the manga addresses why she ends up that way it'd be more acceptable than some times when a character does a horrible thing without any explanation :/
Jun 7, 2016 3:50 PM

Nov 2015
Erina liked Souma's cooking but she doesn't want to admit it, good episode overall

Jun 8, 2016 6:34 AM
Oct 2013
Angry_Always said:
SigOpram said:

I see, I apologize if I came off rude, you aren't wrong about her being some variety of tsundere but I love Chitoge's inner kindness and I get defensive about anime characters because I'm immature like that. It's the same reason why I got mad at Erina for denying Souma.

If Erina's childhood were to explain why she would do something that cruel then I suppose I should be patient and soldier on. If the manga addresses why she ends up that way it'd be more acceptable than some times when a character does a horrible thing without any explanation :/

Errr... no need to apologize. I don't found it offensive at all. I just bolded them for emphasis. Anyway I like them both. I can see why you like Chitoge. Though I defended Erina, I'm on your side. Tsunderes like Chitoge are easily more lovable than Erina-types.
Jun 9, 2016 12:16 AM

Dec 2012
Y so racist?

I found my waifu and she's beautiful AF.

Hold up, those were Erina's first words? LOL

If Erina has the God tongue then I pray my jizz satisfies her.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 20, 2016 1:14 PM

Apr 2013
Wow I mean Erina is beautiful but... what a colossal bitch, holy sh*t!
Jul 26, 2016 3:26 AM

Sep 2015
You cannot Foodgasm on the table multiple times then say its disgusting SMH
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Aug 5, 2016 6:39 AM

Aug 2014
I dont understand why people who think most food is disgusting have a higher taste? what if they liked something and everyone else hated it, does that mean that its good? lol this shit is deeply flawed.

Anyway, regarding this episode Erina is a cute bitch, and Souma is a badass chief, liked it.

Good Episode.
Sep 11, 2016 8:37 AM

Jan 2016
These characters are so fuckin annoying
Sep 16, 2016 3:58 PM

Sep 2013
I wonder how long it will take for Tsundere-Chan to fall in love with MC-Kun...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

637 by Raymond_Bermea »»
Apr 24, 7:58 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

330 by Phaeton777 »»
Apr 17, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

221 by Emejotis »»
Apr 4, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

186 by Duany »»
Mar 9, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Dec 31, 2023

13 by Arrow02 »»
Jan 2, 7:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.