3It was OK
7.4%
2Disliked it
1.6%
1Hated it
2.0%
Average 4.5
769 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2015 10:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Souma's rage is delicious lol

Good episode overall to show the school where he is at. And Erina's presence is quite appreciated in this episode as well imo. I think Souma found himself some prominent rivals already. Looking forward to his progress!

Apr 10, 2015 11:02 AM

Aug 2012
Omg best girl Erina! Anime of the season, sorry UBW and Gintama!~

Apr 10, 2015 11:32 AM

May 2009
Apr 10, 2015 12:10 PM

Apr 2013
bastek66 said:
godbless
Apr 10, 2015 12:12 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
bastek66 said:
I fucking love this series SO MUCH lol
Apr 10, 2015 12:32 PM

Feb 2008
Erina really like his cooking but just don't want admit it. Some yuri vibe.
Well, that grandpa in the end. :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 10, 2015 12:46 PM

Jul 2014
bastek66 said:

I don't know, I'm kinda getting a little agitated at JC Staff oversexualizing the foodgasm scenes to a degree way more than the manga did. They're upping the ecchi even more overall. It's going to get uncomfortable if they keep doing this which detracts from how great the series is in regards to the characters and food battles. It already turned off quite a number of people who otherwise would have loved it.
za21Apr 10, 2015 12:55 PM
Apr 10, 2015 12:48 PM

Aug 2010
bastek66 said:

Gomennasai Based J.C for ever doubting u!! Bow down to them!

Dat Erina *A*...Her body is heavenly <3 Based Souma for making her foodgasm :3

Erina's tsun is strong as hell but damn did she feel that. Her "I want more u have a problem?" Tsun act was so cute and her sulking about him making her foodgasm while blushing :P Well let the hate commence. I already liked her and the anime made me like her even more <3

Gotta love Souma's chill slightly arrogant personality :D How he just interrupted the Yuri HisakoxErina moment so non chalantly was so lol XD

Good for him that he made the chairman half strip! Screw Erina's opinion if her gramps has a say in this XD

And damn Jo's cooking must be insane to make a monk just ignore his fasting XD
Barion-ZaraApr 10, 2015 1:48 PM
Apr 10, 2015 12:50 PM

Aug 2012
za21 said:
bastek66 said:

I don't know, I'm kinda getting a little agitated at JC Staff oversexualizing the foodgasm scenes to a degree that way more than the manga did. They're upping the ecchi even more overall. It's going to get uncomfortable if they keep doing this which detracts from how great the series is in regards to the characters and food battles. It already turned off quite a number of people who otherwise would have loved it.

Its really not that bad because there is actually a meaning behind the fanservice unlike shows like Triage X, where they blatantly show fanservice unnecessarily.

Apr 10, 2015 12:56 PM
Feb 2015
The ecchi is real towards the end of the episode LMAO I LOVE IT!!!
Best girl: Nakiri Erina!!!!! Omg the baby verison of her xD

Man why can't she accept that his cooking is amazing.. Well he is going to get in anyway :p
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Apr 10, 2015 12:58 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Again, very good. The dish looked AMAZING, i wanna try this so badly.

I like Erina already.
Apr 10, 2015 1:02 PM

Aug 2014
Tsundere b.tch already annoying as hell.Hopefully old man will rekt her.The episode started well then the overflowing fanservice totally ruined in the end.
Apr 10, 2015 1:03 PM

Jul 2014
CloudStrifeFFVII said:

Its really not that bad because there is actually a meaning behind the fanservice unlike shows like Triage X, where they blatantly show fanservice unnecessarily.

Is there really meaning behind a constant focus on boobs jiggling and defying gravity? It's distracting and makes it seem like people who like the series are nothing but perverts.
Apr 10, 2015 1:05 PM

Nov 2012
Another great episode, for now the adaptation is nearly perfect.
Apr 10, 2015 1:07 PM

Sep 2012
Erina is just like a certain driving examiner.

No matter how good you are, you will never pass.
Oh god who are you people?
Apr 10, 2015 1:10 PM

Dec 2011
Probably the funniest show this season, the food reactions are the best.
Apr 10, 2015 1:12 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Another great episode this week, The art, animation and music was amazing yet again

Like with last week, the cooking was on point, we got some explanation as to what Souma did to make his food and we got introduced to the lovely God Tongue Erina (I love her already) - The scene when she was a baby and was getting breast fed made me die of laughter xD

Souma's dad/Kiritsugu continues to show why he's a badass chef (Dat Indian dude and the end card LOLOLOL) and Souma followed suit as well...Gotta love how smug he is and he has the skills to back it up too

I've seen people say that Erina is a bitch but she's just hard to impress because she has high standards and that I don't mind much. I was glad that all those applicants including that cunt that tried to talk down to Souma ran away crying....But man Erina at the end was so fucking petty xDDDD Her foodgasm was so strong yet she refused to admit it lol

Oh well, going by the post credits scene, the guy that was watching behind the door seems to be her grandfather/the director and judging by his action, Souma is definitely in the school...Looking forward to seeing what happens next
Apr 10, 2015 1:17 PM

Apr 2014
bastek66 said:

I love how J.C staff is embracing the foodgasms with open arms instead of toning it down.
Apr 10, 2015 1:18 PM
Oct 2010
No wonder everyone ran, she is an incredibly unfair judge.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 10, 2015 1:19 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Just once I'd like to meet a girl IRL who reacts like that from eating food
Apr 10, 2015 1:20 PM

Jun 2014
aots bitches, this is more intense than a lot of action thrillers for fucks sake
:3
Apr 10, 2015 1:22 PM
Apr 2014
The OST is freaking awesome
Can't wait for Next episode, finally getting into Tootsuki.
Apr 10, 2015 1:26 PM

Sep 2014
Erina is hot !

All those vegetables , eggs look so strong :))

Nice episode really !

If that old man at the end is Erina's granfather , then Souma passed ;P
Apr 10, 2015 1:26 PM

Feb 2013
Great episode, and of course Souma had to show her how snobby she is. Next episode, best girl incoming.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Apr 10, 2015 1:28 PM

Jun 2014
Lol she told her mom straight up that her breast milk tasted awful. O god, my mum would have threw me out the window.

Apr 10, 2015 1:28 PM

Jul 2014
Z4k said:

I love how J.C staff is embracing the foodgasms with open arms instead of toning it down.

And that's a bad thing. They should have toned it down.
Apr 10, 2015 1:29 PM

May 2013
That foodgasm by Erina lol. She doesn't want to admit that the dish tasted good. That reaction on Souma's face lol. That old guy semi-stripped after eating. Most likely her grandfather.
Apr 10, 2015 1:29 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
zat-bust said:
Lol she told her mom straight up that her breast milk tasted awful. O god, my mum would have threw me out the window.

I laughed my ass off at that.
Apr 10, 2015 1:31 PM

Aug 2012
za21 said:
Z4k said:

Do you read the manga?

Apr 10, 2015 1:34 PM
May 2014
za21 said:
bastek66 said:

I don't know, I'm kinda getting a little agitated at JC Staff oversexualizing the foodgasm scenes to a degree way more than the manga did. They're upping the ecchi even more overall. It's going to get uncomfortable if they keep doing this which detracts from how great the series is in regards to the characters and food battles. It already turned off quite a number of people who otherwise would have loved it.

You're saying that about a scene that is in the manga? (chapter 3, pg 17-18)
Animated it would look something like that.
Not to mention her appearance on pg 19..
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Apr 10, 2015 1:35 PM

Aug 2012
konatachan80 said:
za21 said:

He obviously does not read the manga and was expecting less!~

Apr 10, 2015 1:37 PM

Apr 2014
za21 said:
Z4k said:

Why? That scene was in the manga too.
Apr 10, 2015 1:37 PM

Jul 2014
Gravis said:
. Next episode, best girl incoming.

You spelt worst girl wrong.
YehartApr 10, 2015 1:41 PM
"Hi!"
Apr 10, 2015 1:39 PM

Mar 2015
I came.

Man eating while watching this is the only way to truly enjoy it ;P
Apr 10, 2015 1:44 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
That sudden Yuri undertone was a bit surprsing.. Perhaps Erina swings both ways? :3

Once again, Souma's epic and exquisite cooking induced foodgasm on even an elitist like Erina. Dat body doe! Too mature for a 15 years old? O.o

Souma's face at the end though.. Pretty sure he'll be taken in the school by next episode. Grandfather seems to have taken a liking to his dish.

Decent episode. I hope we get to see Souma dad every now and then, even though he's only a supporting character.

Apr 10, 2015 1:47 PM

May 2014
za21 said:
CloudStrifeFFVII said:

Is there really meaning behind a constant focus on boobs jiggling and defying gravity? It's distracting and makes it seem like people who like the series are nothing but perverts.

I think you're taking the ecchiness too seriously. It doesn't really bother me because I know it's also a part of the comedy of this show. Those people you mentioned who were turned off by the ecchi probably need to stop acting like it's offending them in a way which it actually... isn't. It's not as if balloons & butts were showed for a long period of time on this episode as well...
Apr 10, 2015 1:47 PM

Dec 2011
This episode was better than the first one and it cover perfectly chapter 2&3.
There was some additional scene as well like grandfather was hiding watching Souma cooking as well as his father....
Can't wait for next week for another Souma cooking.....
Apr 10, 2015 1:49 PM

Apr 2014
Erina equals tsundere.
Apr 10, 2015 1:56 PM
May 2014
If it is of any consolation for the anti-everything.. The manga starts out quite heavy on
the foodgasms, but they are toned down quite a bit when it gets more competetive.
Whether the anime is long enough to get to that point is another matter..
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Apr 10, 2015 1:57 PM
Nov 2010
za21 said:

I'm middle of the road and I actually posted something similar about this about the first episode over at Randomc.

I like the foodgasm scenes, although I do wish they would sometimes dial it back from an 11 to about a 9. I agree that it's a great series that can stand on content alone, but let's be honest - they are gonna do what sells. If they think they'll sell more BDs with more T&A then that's what they're gonna do.

This is Jump, they know their target audience well, and beyond that this ain't Steins Gate or anything high brow - it's a shounen manga.

You can take some solace (maybe) in the fact that a number of the upcoming ones are men or women that stay clothed. Now if they start randomly peeling clothes off women who are fully clothed during their foodgasms in the manga, that will bother me because that would be just cheap and pathetic.

May 2014
VanishingKira said:
Doesn't feel the same as the manga,it's the same but don't like this as much as I did the beginning in the manga (though this might just be because lately the manga has been rather ehh which is affecting my opinion on the anime).

Well obviously because it's being animated with sound and music. You should be grateful. I wonder why those recent chapters of the manga make you dislike this episode more so than the beginning of the manga.
Apr 2014
Majuicezumi said:
Erina equals tsundere.

>dere
Haha

7godeohs said:
I'm middle of the road and I actually posted something similar about this about the first episode over at Randomc.

I like the foodgasm scenes, although I do wish they would sometimes dial it back from an 11 to about a 9. I agree that it's a great series that can stand on content alone, but let's be honest - they are gonna do what sells. If they think they'll sell more BDs with more T&A then that's what they're gonna do.

This is Jump, they know their target audience well, and beyond that this ain't Steins Gate or anything high brow - it's a shounen manga.

You can take some solace (maybe) in the fact that a number of the upcoming ones are men or women that stay clothed. Now if they start randomly peeling clothes off women who are fully clothed during their foodgasms in the manga, that will bother me because that would be just cheap and pathetic.

You mention Steins;Gate like it's some flawless high literature.
Drake1000Apr 10, 2015 2:04 PM
Apr 10, 2015 2:00 PM

Jul 2014
CloudStrifeFFVII said:
konatachan80 said:

He obviously does not read the manga and was expecting less!~

Yes, I read the manga. I'm caught up to the latest chapter (113) and have been reading it for some time. I was excited for the anime. Everything about the anime so far is great except for the fanservice being taken up to a higher level than the manga. I'm just worried it's going to keep doing this.
Apr 10, 2015 2:01 PM

Jul 2012
LOL good episode. Really funny how the man at the ending, tasted the food and went super saiyan :D
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Apr 10, 2015 2:04 PM

Jul 2014
Chickened said:

Well obviously because it's being animated with sound and music. You should be grateful. I wonder why those recent chapters of the manga make you dislike this episode more so than the beginning of the manga.

Because the series relied on fanservice more in the beginning to sell. Later on in the manga, the fanservice was toned down as it came into it's own.
Apr 10, 2015 2:04 PM

Jul 2013
I'm just plain not a fan of ecchi so the food reaction scenes are hella awkward and unnecessary to me.

Love the character introductions though.

I really didn't like the first episode, but second episode has made me start to like it and look forward to it. Reading here, very glad to know the ecchi tones down and the story gets more competitive.
kriganimeApr 10, 2015 2:13 PM
Apr 10, 2015 2:05 PM
Feb 2014
it's better than first episode, but stills a bit off for me, but don't mind me. maybe i'm just being subjective.

and i have to accept that there will be more unnecessary fanservice in this anime. i mean, erina didn't even strip like that-girl-from-episode-1 and look how it is animated. yes, it has ecchi genre, but i prefer no more jiggly jiggly moment.

i say this so when it comes the time to another girl-strip-because-of-soma's-food-moment, you'll be ready

*still waiting for alice
Apr 10, 2015 2:06 PM

Aug 2014
I wanted to see some of the other characters, but this disgusting boring trash doesn't deserve any more of my time.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Apr 10, 2015 2:07 PM

Apr 2015
za21 said:

Yes, I read the manga. I'm caught up to the latest chapter (113) and have been reading it for some time. I was excited for the anime. Everything about the anime so far is great except for the fanservice being taken up to a higher level than the manga. I'm just worried it's going to keep doing this.

I absolutely disagree with you. The manga actually seems more sexual to me. The scene in the anime was in my opinion just stupid fun, and I don't see anything wrong with it. In the manga, it almost looks like something straight out of Fakku.
Apr 10, 2015 2:07 PM

Jul 2012
Just wanted to put this here. If you are thinking of dropping the series (for ex. bec of the fanservice), please read this post ;w; http://grimoire-heart.tumblr.com/post/115656559389/shokugekis-my-friends-got-me-thinking-tonight-on

Also, there are time where J.C. Staff makes me iffy about the animation. It's really pretty and everything but... there are just small things the bother me. I can only hope it gets better from here on out~

I was so happy about the furikake gohan lol. I was really looking forward to it. It made my mouth water just like in the manga. LOL. Really can't wait for the next ep bec fav girl is coming up!
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

330 by Phaeton777 »»
Apr 17, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

636 by o_ob6o_o »»
Apr 11, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

221 by Emejotis »»
Apr 4, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

186 by Duany »»
Mar 9, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Dec 31, 2023

13 by Arrow02 »»
Jan 2, 7:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.