Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 10, 2015 9:26 PM

Aug 2011
Feels a bit odd to watch an xmas themed episode in the middle of april. Lol

So close to a confession. Too bad Asakura had to ruin it. Gahhh!
Apr 10, 2015 9:32 PM

Jul 2011
okanagan said:
Kyon might not have one, but I really do have a glasses fetish.

http://3xqbm2dgflv86yaj1p5u-gcdn.sova.bz/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/11/capt_4756.jpg

"What's a glasses fetish?"

MEGANE IS LOVE MEGANE IS LIFE
Apr 10, 2015 9:41 PM

Dec 2009
The original show has far better plot (i hope the open ends of the movie get solved sometime)

Again, WHAT'S WRONG WITH KYON'S FACE? lol

I can't say it enough. this show is so broken and so wrong, after having been so dedicated to Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu . . . it's like a big smakc in the face "EVERYTHING YOU THOUGHT YOU KNEW IS WRONG! HAHAHHA"

Though if haruhi got bored again and kyon failed to stop it, this is a completely plausible outcome. This is absurd enough compared to the original show to be something haruhi would think up.
Haruhi is a bit more energetic than normal too...almost reminds me of kongou minus the gratuitous japanese.

Nevertheless, i can't bing myself NOT to enjoy this... it's so cute and so lovable... and pretty damn funny.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Apr 10, 2015 10:04 PM

Dec 2014
Loved this episode! It had a nice mix of hilarious and touching moments.
The 2 second snowball fight between Kyon and Nagato was pretty adorable, and Asakura's reaction was funny.
Aw yes, next episode is gonna focus on Haruhi it seems!

CrimsonPhantom said:

So close to a confession. Too bad Asakura had to ruin it. Gahhh!

It wouldn't be good if she confessed on the first try lol
PreachElectrickApr 10, 2015 10:08 PM
Apr 10, 2015 10:07 PM

Apr 2013
Better than the first episode. I can see this snowballing with each episode being better than the last.
Apr 10, 2015 10:26 PM

May 2012
haruhi up to her usual shenanigans
Apr 10, 2015 10:27 PM

Aug 2012
Haruhi is still Haruhi no matter what universe we're in huh?

Goddamn Asakura!!!!!!
Apr 10, 2015 10:39 PM

Aug 2014
The OP song is wonderful along with a hint of Hare Hare Yukai! Super catchy.

Typical episode yes, but it gives us a chance to see each chara especially that alone time with Kyon x Nagato. S/o to Asakura for being too nosy.

Haurhi shows her face! Finally!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2015 10:41 PM

Mar 2013
Mikuru's voice is making me so glad I only watched the original series and movie dubbed. She sounds awful.
Apr 10, 2015 10:55 PM

Nov 2011
Haruhi showing up next episode! AWW YISSSS!!
Apr 10, 2015 10:56 PM

Aug 2012
straggy said:
Mikuru's voice is making me so glad I only watched the original series and movie dubbed. She sounds awful.
She was way worse in the dub lol
Apr 10, 2015 10:58 PM

Feb 2014
frequency15k said:
haruhi up to her usual shenanigans

Glad Haruhi is still Haruhi and not the jaded one from Disappearance.
Another decent episode. The snowfall scene and Haruhi moments saved the rest of the episode from being boring like the first half. Still don't care much about this Nagato, though.
Apr 10, 2015 11:00 PM

Jul 2014
YAY Haruhi!!! stilll dont get y people r bashing this show.
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Apr 10, 2015 11:34 PM

Dec 2013
Based Yuki.
Apr 10, 2015 11:38 PM
Nov 2013
So fucking ready to see Haruhi next week~
Apr 10, 2015 11:38 PM

Jan 2011
still enjoying this show even if it gets a little bit boring but since Haruhi is here i feel like things might get a little crazy
Apr 11, 2015 12:40 AM

Mar 2009
I need Koizumi to appear ASAP

I kinda like the ending song, somehow if feels like a 90's ending and it makes me emotional:/
Apr 11, 2015 12:58 AM

Dec 2008
As a fan that was introduced into Anime via Haruhi, seeing her again basically made me go

I've missed Haruhi so much. Not just the character but the entire universe. Hasn't really been the same since the Light Novels stopped continuing for whatever reason, and even if this isn't entirely the same, I'll take it nonetheless.

Looking forward to more~
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Apr 11, 2015 1:16 AM

Oct 2008
Legal_Latino said:
[size=120] wow, I have to give the studio credit

I didn't think it was possible but they actually managed to give Yuki even less of a personality than in the original show.
[/size]

How is it the Studio's fault when it's based on a manga?
Apr 11, 2015 1:43 AM

Jan 2013
I never expected Haruhi to appear, I saw her on the OP and thought "what?", and then she makes an appearance, thank god, I never thought that I would love her more than Yuki.
Apr 11, 2015 2:09 AM
Jul 2018
Nice OP, and of course Nagato's confession was ruined haha but it's only episode 2 so I won't complain about this cliche. Good episode, looking forward to the development of their relationship and how the literature club will stand.
Apr 11, 2015 2:21 AM

Apr 2015
With the appearance of Haruhi, all I have to say is: https://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY?t=32s

Can't wait to see more of her next week!
Apr 11, 2015 2:31 AM

Aug 2014
The haruhi ost remix bit was the best part of the episode.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Apr 11, 2015 2:49 AM

Feb 2012
MisakaTheRailgun said:
Based Yuki.

Once again, Yuki is better than...that girl in every way possible
In 9/10 cases, the worst thing about an anime is its fandom.
Apr 11, 2015 3:21 AM

Aug 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
straggy said:

DUB is always much worse, so it is not that strange.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 11, 2015 3:43 AM

Dec 2011
The OP is here, and it's quite nice.

A warm episode, the interaction between Yuki and Kyon was nice to see. Asakurablock though, lol

The manga has a lot of "reference" to the original series, the show did a good job about that so far.
Apr 11, 2015 3:51 AM

May 2010
Quite good. I felt that this second episode is better than the first. Despite the fact that the character design is sometimes somewhat confusing. I'm in and I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 11, 2015 4:37 AM

Mar 2013
rsc-pl said:
AlexTheRiot said:

lmao, dub bias, surprising literally no-one. Nah, all these voices were better in the dub, every single damn one. It's pretty easy to hear that Stephanie Sheh's a good voice actress and that she was great as Mikuru, but boringass dub haters don't even bother, cover their ears and go "dubs are evil!!!" because it makes them feel better if they worship Japanese voice actors purely because they're speaking Japanese, as though Japanese voice casting doesn't make mistakes or a Japanese voice actor can't sound off in a role. Hell, most of you don't speak Japanese, which makes it plain difficult for any of you to even tell which Japanese voices do sound good. They just sound exotic and different, so you flock to them, the same way people flock to foreign accents by precedent. Literally, dub actors are the exact same quality as the voices you hear in western animation (which most of you watch as well), yet no-one shouts about them sounding bad all the time... because it's just Japanese-wanking dub bias that makes people shout that they're bad in the first place.
Apr 11, 2015 4:48 AM

Apr 2015
jeratdinardo said:
I'm the only one who thought in Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo when Haruhi appeared at the final scene?

They are very similiar
Apr 11, 2015 5:09 AM

Mar 2014
Well, that was miles better than the last episode
straggy said:
rsc-pl said:

lmao, dub bias, surprising literally no-one. Nah, all these voices were better in the dub, every single damn one. It's pretty easy to hear that Stephanie Sheh's a good voice actress and that she was great as Mikuru, but boringass dub haters don't even bother, cover their ears and go "dubs are evil!!!" because it makes them feel better if they worship Japanese voice actors purely because they're speaking Japanese, as though Japanese voice casting doesn't make mistakes or a Japanese voice actor can't sound off in a role. Hell, most of you don't speak Japanese, which makes it plain difficult for any of you to even tell which Japanese voices do sound good. They just sound exotic and different, so you flock to them, the same way people flock to foreign accents by precedent. Literally, dub actors are the exact same quality as the voices you hear in western animation (which most of you watch as well), yet no-one shouts about them sounding bad all the time... because it's just Japanese-wanking dub bias that makes people shout that they're bad in the first place.
Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to bash the English voice actors or anything. But if they can't differ between bad and good Japanese dubs, how would you be able to know if the English Haruhi voices are better or not? (I'm assuming that you don't speak Japanese)
Comic_SansApr 11, 2015 5:29 AM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 11, 2015 5:20 AM

Jul 2014
Wasn't 100% on this first ep, but I definitely am now. The moments between Kyon and Nagato are sweet as heck, but I hope she actually confesses to him by the end of the series.

On a different note, Haruhi's still the same as ever then. Hopefully she's slightly more tolerable now than she was in the original series.
Apr 11, 2015 5:23 AM

Aug 2012
Finally Haruhi shows up
Apr 11, 2015 5:41 AM

Apr 2013
Asakura is awesome in this show. Still need to get used to the designs, but this episode was better than the last. Mainly because... HARUHI!
Apr 11, 2015 5:45 AM

Feb 2014
Improved from the first episode. The moments between Nagato & Kyon were cute and adorable.

Damn you and your timing Asakura! You help Nagato in almost every step of the way to help her confess her feelings to Kyon, and then thanks to you opening the window, you effectively blew Nagato's chance! Still, Asakura's expression after realising she screwed up was LOL worthy. XD
Apr 11, 2015 5:48 AM

Mar 2013
Comic_Sans said:
straggy said:

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to bash the English voice actors or anything. But if they can't differ between bad and good Japanese dubs, how would you be able to know if the English Haruhi voices are better or not? (I'm assuming that you don't speak Japanese)

Ok I'll be the first to admit I was sort of saying that to provoke, but I definitely do prefer the dub voices. I think they sound nicer and I prefer the way they're translated to English in 9/10 animes, especially comedies. They're better for me, I probably should have added. I'm mostly complaining about the way people never give dubs a chance and judge the English voices objectively, instead of preferring something foreign just because it's that, especially when people watching English dubs are usually people with English as a first language that would be better at judging English voice acting fairly than any other people. Only they don't judge it fairly... they just wank over the Japanese because it's Japanese. For instance, there's the way that when someone thinks a voice doesn't fit a character, when it's in Japanese they just say that. When it's to do with the dub, it's instantly "the entire dub sucks" just because they personally didn't like one voice. It's bias and it's annoying to see people shit on dubs constantly as though dubs like Baccano and Black Lagoon's don't exist.
Apr 11, 2015 7:03 AM

Jul 2013
straggy said:
Comic_Sans said:

Ok I'll be the first to admit I was sort of saying that to provoke, but I definitely do prefer the dub voices. I think they sound nicer and I prefer the way they're translated to English in 9/10 animes, especially comedies. They're better for me, I probably should have added. I'm mostly complaining about the way people never give dubs a chance and judge the English voices objectively, instead of preferring something foreign just because it's that, especially when people watching English dubs are usually people with English as a first language that would be better at judging English voice acting fairly than any other people. Only they don't judge it fairly... they just wank over the Japanese because it's Japanese. For instance, there's the way that when someone thinks a voice doesn't fit a character, when it's in Japanese they just say that. When it's to do with the dub, it's instantly "the entire dub sucks" just because they personally didn't like one voice. It's bias and it's annoying to see people shit on dubs constantly as though dubs like Baccano and Black Lagoon's don't exist.

As for someone who has english for a second language and adore it very much, there's just something about the dub that I find irritating. Clearly the original VA is superior, but that also goes the other way around. Take Avatar for example, given that it doesn't have a japanese equivalent, I'm 100% sure no Japanese VA can replicate the voices and make it better, there's just no way.
Apr 11, 2015 7:48 AM

Mar 2013
Raycee said:
As for someone who has english for a second language and adore it very much, there's just something about the dub that I find irritating. Clearly the original VA is superior, but that also goes the other way around. Take Avatar for example, given that it doesn't have a japanese equivalent, I'm 100% sure no Japanese VA can replicate the voices and make it better, there's just no way.

Original =/= best, though. Amy Winehouse's cover of Valerie, for example, shows us that pretty well. As does the Lindsay Lohan edition remake of The Parent Trap and the Black Lagoon dub.

I don't have a problem with people that don't like dubs in general though, I'm not like the dub haters that harass dub watchers. If people don't want to watch/don't like dubs that's fine, that's their opinion, but constantly hating on them and saying they suck as some raging bias is ridiculous and annoying, especially when not all dubs are the same and especially when plenty of people want to enjoy them, particularly people that have dyslexia/other troubles with reading quickly. It's stupid how, whenever anyone says they prefer/like a dub, tons of people arrive purposefully to try and prove them wrong and to scream "dubs are always worse!" when they could easily just not watch dubs and leave the people that want/need to alone. Just let them enjoy it and stop being such a crotchety old preacher that wants to spread his bias to every "filthy dub watcher".

There's also the fact that I'm sure a lot of people here would never have heard of anime without dubs they saw on TV as a child... it seems a bit stupid to hate on something so avidly (especially something you evidently enjoyed) when it introduced you to the entire medium.
Apr 11, 2015 7:51 AM

Nov 2014
AngelShiva said:
Nagato > Haruhi

I can't stand Haruhi >.<

You, sir, just committed blasphemy.
Haruhi ism
It's fun, isn't it?

Apr 11, 2015 8:08 AM
Jan 2015
I'm actually pretty disappointed.
Nothing happend so far, they should really do something.
Apr 11, 2015 8:38 AM

Feb 2014
#Haruhisavestheshow
Apr 11, 2015 8:54 AM

Jun 2012
Completely boring. Would rather watch Endless 8.
Shoot first, think never.
Apr 11, 2015 9:33 AM

Apr 2015
Can't get in terms with the style, and I'm finding Sugita's voice very irritating for some reason. I'm watching it with music playing over it...but still watchable though. 2 much better than EP1 I suppose
Apr 11, 2015 9:34 AM

May 2011
What a nostalgic experience. I miss Aya Hirano; it's unfortunate that she stirred up so much drama in her career.

I'm liking Nagato, but it's really hard to get used to her not monotone. I tried reading the manga a few years ago, but I'm glad that an actual adaptation is out. I'm glad I'm not disappointed thus far.
Apr 11, 2015 9:45 AM

Oct 2012
Haruhi appeared, she was weird as always. I didn't like this episode but finally she's here.
4/10.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Apr 11, 2015 10:58 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode, very enjoyable. Nice romance too
Strange seeing Haruhi in this artstyle.
Apr 11, 2015 11:33 AM

May 2010
Nice party. Kyon makes this anime so much better.

And Haruhi! Hirano Aya! Heck yeah!

Ah man, Ryoko ended up getting in the way of Nagato's confession lol.

Smooth move by Nagato, good job *thumbs up*
Apr 11, 2015 2:04 PM

Jul 2007
straggy said:

Was going to comment to argue in Black Lagoon's dub's favor, but you made specific mention. Sweet. :)
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Apr 11, 2015 2:51 PM

Mar 2013
Haruhi s2
Apr 11, 2015 3:45 PM

Jun 2013
HARUHI!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 11, 2015 4:41 PM

Jul 2009
oh lawd I'm so glad this is a thing
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

138 by Shaka-bun »»
Mar 7, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2015

181 by Pitt83 »»
Mar 4, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2015

82 by Pitt83 »»
Feb 17, 11:06 AM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

90 by Pitt83 »»
Feb 15, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

357 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 31, 8:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.