Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2015 10:02 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, I think I like the OP song. It has a catchy tone and style to it..

Typical episode. The girls looked cute in their Christmas outfits though and Yuki is still adorable as ever.

Episode kinda made me hungry and also Haruhi showed up with her face shown huh? About time.
Apr 10, 2015 10:05 AM

Nov 2007
OP is nice.

Preparing for the party. Santa outfits! Party time!

She is remembering the time she met Haruhi. What Haruhi did, which is not supposed to do, made Yuki decide what to do something to save the club (courageous to do something).

Nice alone time (lol @ that friend girl interrupting in the middle).
tsubasaloverApr 10, 2015 10:51 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 10, 2015 11:15 AM

Oct 2012
Kyon might not have one, but I really do have a glasses fetish.

http://3xqbm2dgflv86yaj1p5u-gcdn.sova.bz/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/11/capt_4756.jpg

"What's a glasses fetish?"
Apr 10, 2015 12:03 PM

Oct 2008
Stuff that I loved:

1: Opening references Yuki (Snow) and Hare Hare (Sunny) Yukai by being about the weather.

2: Remix of BGM from the original series with the line drawing scene!

3: Haruhi! Out of all the characters, I really do believe Hirano Aya has done the best job in reprising her role. She sounds EXACTLY the same whereas the other characters seem a little off (not sure if on purpose or not).

4: Yuki wrote "Merry X'mas" mirrored, in reference to the movie.
ActarApr 10, 2015 12:12 PM
Apr 10, 2015 12:06 PM

Sep 2012
I didn't know that Haruhi was going to make an appearance after that first episode "cameo' but man that end was so damn cute like nigga ARRRRRRRGHH.
Oh god who are you people?
Apr 10, 2015 12:11 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I really wanted to like this show but... geeeeeh it's so boring =_=

Only time it feels worth watching is when Haruhi happens to get some screentime so I can only hope she gets more as the show goes on, because Nagato is a shadow of her former self like this
Apr 10, 2015 12:17 PM
Jan 2012
Much better than episode 1 and the next one looks to be good as well. Just saw today that it is going to be 16 episodes. Not bad, but still want more.
Apr 10, 2015 12:44 PM

Aug 2014
Lets hope this is successful so they make more haruhi

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Apr 10, 2015 12:52 PM

May 2013
Yay we get to see Haruhi here in this episode. Lol Asakura ruining that moment.
Apr 10, 2015 1:09 PM

Dec 2014
Haruhi!!! It's a decent episode, prob 4/5 :P
Apr 10, 2015 1:12 PM

Jul 2014
After being slightly underwhelmed by episode one, let me just declare that

MY FUCKING GOD THAT WAS AMAZEBALLS

This episode was sooooo heart warming.
And FINALLY a prospective anime couple that don't shy away from some physical contact early in a show <------ this is HUGE.

asfjasdasjdasjdff
Apr 10, 2015 1:15 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Asakura did one heck of a block there.

SHE's coming back folks. I want to see a ponytail soon.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 10, 2015 1:19 PM

Dec 2014
Nice episode, nice OST. Nothing more.
Apr 10, 2015 1:24 PM

Dec 2011
Dem angry Asakura powers doe...

Awww, cute Santa girl outfits :3

Poor Kyon... they made fun of him :(

Funny how it took me a while to recognize Haruhi XD

Damned Asakura and her stupidly timed intervention... well... at least things sorta worked out in the end for them.

A wild Haruhi appeared!!!!
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 10, 2015 1:25 PM

Nov 2014
Well, that certainly got more of my attention. The Op was typical but I don't mind.

Haruhi looked like she was not in melancholic mode at all. I guess I can come to like that, somehow.

Best frame

Nagato and Kyon were cute during the snow too. She actually reflected genuine emotions.
HomepageApr 10, 2015 1:28 PM
Haruhi ism
It's fun, isn't it?

Apr 10, 2015 1:30 PM

Sep 2014
Most of this episode was just fine, so I hope the next ones get a little more interesting. That being said, the window scene at the end really cracked me up and the ending was pretty cute.
FlamepriesTApr 10, 2015 1:36 PM
Apr 10, 2015 1:43 PM

Nov 2011
Apr 10, 2015 1:51 PM

Jan 2015
So far I'm enjoying this more than the original series. I just hope that bitch Haruhi doesn't waltz in and sink the Kyon x Nagato ship, otherwise I'm gonna be pissed.
Apr 10, 2015 2:03 PM

Oct 2014
And Haruhi comes to steal the show :D
Apr 10, 2015 2:08 PM

Sep 2008
I don't planned to watch this episode today, but since Haruhi get some screentime I will check it right now!

Edit.
Haruhi! I gonna cry!
Just... right in the feelings!
Why they don't made another season and they go with that since of life with Yuuki? -.-
Hope since Haruhi show up something cool will happen in next episode!
LittleStarApr 10, 2015 2:23 PM
Apr 10, 2015 2:22 PM
Jul 2018
It was good to see Haruhi in this episode.

Asakura ruined Nagato's confession.
Apr 10, 2015 2:22 PM

Jan 2013
HG97 said:
So far I'm enjoying this more than the original series. I just hope that bitch Haruhi doesn't waltz in and sink the Kyon x Nagato ship, otherwise I'm gonna be pissed.

lololololol

Never watched any Haruhi shows before, but I'm really enjoying this. It's relaxing, but not boring. Somehow they got the mood just right. And the main is likeable. She's low key, without being flat or generic. It's been pretty funny so far, and definitely very adorable

Hope I continue to enjoy this! I'm curious to see what Haruhi brings with her arrival next episode

Apr 10, 2015 2:23 PM

Aug 2013
Background music @ park, scene with Haruhi is from old series :)
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 10, 2015 2:34 PM

Jan 2015
brianez said:
HG97 said:

lololololol

Never watched any Haruhi shows before, but I'm really enjoying this. It's relaxing, but not boring. Somehow they got the mood just right. And the main is likeable. She's low key, without being flat or generic. It's been pretty funny so far, and definitely very adorable

Hope I continue to enjoy this! I'm curious to see what Haruhi brings with her arrival next episode

You know I just hope Haruhi gets hit by a truck in the next episode or something, I don't want her ruining this anime because the way it has been going, it's the perfect anime I've been waiting for and sifting through a bunch of shit anime to find.

StefanMZ said:
Damned Asakura and her stupidly timed intervention... well... at least things sorta worked out in the end for them.

You know this anime is probably the first one in existence where the 2 romantically (or to be) involved have been interrupted but then they carry on, they don't just run back to the club room or something, so mad props there.
Apr 10, 2015 2:38 PM

Oct 2012
It was bit better than previous ep but writing and direction is still pretty awful not to mention rather simplistic art. And it's really bad when main character is the less interesting person in the show.

I could understand this series if they wanted to remind everyone of Haruhi franchise only to make more appropriate continuation of original series with KyoAni but if this stands alone, it's pretty pitiful.
Apr 10, 2015 2:50 PM

Oct 2012
HG97 said:
You know I just hope Haruhi gets hit by a truck in the next episode or something, I don't want her ruining this anime because the way it has been going, it's the perfect anime I've been waiting for and sifting through a bunch of shit anime to find.

She will stay. And that's good because this series would be nothing without Haruhi. Really, I would prefer Mikuru anytime (too bad she has so few lines here, not to mention Gotou Yuuko sound bit different after her surgery) but I still acknowledge that Haruhi's guts are what drives this group further. Aya Hirano did great in Parasyte and it's nice to hear her again in role that got her famous. That's not to mention this series won't be Yuki-centered ofc.

HG97 said:
You know this anime is probably the first one in existence where the 2 romantically (or to be) involved have been interrupted but then they carry on, they don't just run back to the club room or something, so mad props there.

Really? That's because writer had to be brain-dead to let them sit there nonetheless. I would call that Yuki-fanservice, nothing more. And how realistic was it for them to freeze there when they could go in? It may be nice gesture but they are totaly killing Kyon's character.
Apr 10, 2015 2:54 PM

Jul 2013
[size=120] wow, I have to give the studio credit

I didn't think it was possible but they actually managed to give Yuki even less of a personality than in the original show.
[/size]

just give us more haruhi and mikuru, that's all i ask for
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Apr 10, 2015 2:55 PM

Aug 2014
Don't like the outrageous comedy moments like when Asakura was angry about the fake snow, and I didn't like the OP animation. I need more Tsun with my Haruhi. I did get excited when I heard that classic tune when Nagato met Haruhi (even though they replicated it and it wasn't nearly as good). Also the audio quality seems poor, like their is an reverb to their voices. Satelight dun messed up. Oh well, wasn't bad. Well adapted, from the manga at least. But it won't hold a flame to the original dimension.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Apr 10, 2015 3:16 PM

Apr 2009

A wild Haruhi appeared!
Apr 10, 2015 3:25 PM

Oct 2012
Haruhi has finally appeared huh. I just hope she can provide this series with the bit of life that it severely needs.
I have to admit though, it was great to hear some pieces of the soundtrack from the original series.
Apr 10, 2015 3:36 PM

Mar 2015
My nickname says exactly why I really like this series so far: I always prefered Kyon and Yuki together more than anything. And obviously this show will build up towards the "I love you" moment. I just can't wait for more heart-warming moments like the snow scene, it felt exactly (at least to me) like the one in the movie.
Apr 10, 2015 3:39 PM

Apr 2014
TiKey said:

A wild Haruhi appeared!

Lmfao *tosses Master ball at her*
Apr 10, 2015 3:48 PM

Jul 2010
The comedic moments are hitting fine for me. The party was pretty fun with Asakura "improving" the moments here and there. The moments between Yuki and Kyon shared were nice.

That first encounter and then Haruhi appearing like that.
Apr 10, 2015 3:50 PM

Apr 2010
That was a sweet episode. In a sweet way.

Apr 10, 2015 3:54 PM

May 2010
i fell asleep around the 10 minute part after that very slow party part. the show has barely any value for me to keep watching.

drop
KerozinnApr 10, 2015 4:02 PM
Apr 10, 2015 3:58 PM

Sep 2013
And the best version of Haruhi appears! It was another close adaptation, added a nice montage for the party prep as well.

That turkey looked seriously good.
Apr 10, 2015 3:59 PM

Oct 2014
YES. HARUHI!HARUHI!HARUHI!HARUHI!
Apr 10, 2015 4:36 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
*Mikuru laughs*

It's Super Effective!

She's damn kawaii and her Santa cosplay looked adorable on her. I think the dark green hair girl Tsuruya if that's her name, looiked a bit better in the cosplay than Asakura.

Talk about nostalgia with the OST at the park. Haruhi and Nagato scene.

Turkey looked delicious, but too chewy. Usually when I make it, it's moist and the meat is easy to chew.

Asakaru can be scary when she gets into serious mode.Asking Nagato if she was gonna step up or let the club die. Only member left is Koizumi, and that's if he appears in the show.

Apr 10, 2015 4:52 PM

May 2012
Cool, this version of Haruhi arrived.

Still not feeling this character designs.

This episode was a bit better than the first.

I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Apr 10, 2015 5:29 PM

May 2010
Worse than the first episode. Too much 'rom', not enough of 'com'. I can already guess that episodes focused on Nagato and Kyon are going to be the worst... Funny how it's the exact opposite from the original series.

At least Haruhi seems like herself. Such a powerful voice in the opening, the best part of it!
Apr 10, 2015 5:39 PM
Nov 2013
I don't know about you guys but this ep has really inspired me to try things out of my comfort zone which has been a real issue for me for quite a long time.

I'm surprised this anime that I started watching randomly have this much impact on me and as a first baby step I'm posting a reply to this ep's discussion (I always worry that people might think my comment on things as unnecessary or just plain stupid and now I realise that's OK and I'll never know until I "actually" hit post button ^________^
Apr 10, 2015 5:40 PM

Mar 2009
Another good episode. This Is definitely my relaxing show of the season. I'm having a cook out tomorrow and supposed to clean the house, but now I just feel like snuggling up next to Nagato with my Vita and jamming some Neptunia! Ooooh rare item...

It's definitely not TMHS, but I'm glad. It stands on its own as a great romcom, I think it would suck if it tried to go the quirky sci-fi route.

Haven't read far enough in the manga to know how much Haruhi is in it, or if Koizumi shows up. But looking forward to those elements.

In the movie/manga wasn't Nagato a Lil more pervy, like playing dating sims, etc?
Apr 10, 2015 5:41 PM

Nov 2014
Togino said:
I don't know about you guys but this ep has really inspired me to try things out of my comfort zone which has been a real issue for me for quite a long time.

I'm surprised this anime that I started watching randomly have this much impact on me and as a first baby step I'm posting a reply to this ep's discussion (I always worry that people might think my comment on things as unnecessary or just plain stupid and now I realise that's OK and I'll never know until I "actually" hit post button ^________^

Heyy, how does it feel like to post for the first time?

I get you man, this ep is a surprising change from the first one, not hugely enjoyable or anything, but it has some thing going for it. I was really entertained.
Haruhi ism
It's fun, isn't it?

Apr 10, 2015 5:53 PM

Jun 2013
What blew my mind was that they reused "Oi Oi" from the KyoAni show's brilliant OST, slightly re-arranged. I remember in episode 1 the music in the beginning had a short part of it which was the same melody as a part from "Itsumo no Fuukei", and I kinda feel like that isn't a coincidence. It can't be. Also, at the scene with Yuki and Kyon outside there is some music, and I'm certain that I've heard it before, but it can't be from the KyoAni OST (I went through the whole thing just now), so I'm pretty sure I've heard it in some other anime?! But that would be really weird, THOUGH it has happened several times before with different shows!!!...
At any rate, I really hope they'll keep reusing that OST!!
Birdo for sm4sh
Apr 10, 2015 6:18 PM
Jan 2015
Yuki is insufferable in this show.

However, I'll keep watching for more Tsuruya moments. She's the best character from the entire franchise, but never really got her fair share of attention.
KytrarewnApr 10, 2015 6:23 PM
Apr 10, 2015 6:26 PM

Jul 2014
Togino said:

I recognize the feeling. When I first got into anime, all I wanted to find was a good sci-fi (was my favourite genre from western media) but I failed so hard. Then the Haruhi franchise became a gateway drug to slice of life and romance-esque vibes (just at the last moment before I would have given up on anime altogether)

Now, I have pretty much given up on sci-fi apart from LOGH and Suisei no Gargantia, and my most highly rated genre according to MAL after nearly 150 completed shows is slice of life lol.

Funny how things turn out.

My philosophy is, everyone can like all genres, it's just about finding the entry point, the 'hook'.
Apr 10, 2015 6:36 PM

Jun 2013
When Nagato's "mother" cockblocks her haha.

If you didn't read the manga that this was from (the spinoff), you just witness one episode speeding through like 5 chapters. Now I'm looking forward to the point when they can't use the "script."

Loved the Santa cosplay even though I still have hard feelings that KyotoAni isn't doing this. 10/10
Apr 10, 2015 7:15 PM

Jun 2009
Haruhi!!! The show has meaning again!
Apr 10, 2015 8:15 PM

Nov 2012
Nice episode, Nagato was quite cute... too bad her confession got ruined by her "mom"
Apr 10, 2015 8:35 PM

Jun 2014
I'm enjoying Nagato WAY more than Haruhi. Top 5 tier right here.~
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

138 by Shaka-bun »»
Mar 7, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2015

181 by Pitt83 »»
Mar 4, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2015

82 by Pitt83 »»
Feb 17, 11:06 AM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

90 by Pitt83 »»
Feb 15, 7:49 AM

Poll: » Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

357 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 31, 8:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.