Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 4, 2015 2:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The world fiction of this OVA remains brilliant imo. Not only do we get some dolphins but the environment remains fresh.

Reema is an alright character I suppose, not much characterization on her but she does play a good role in this OVA. In the second half, we also see a bit of despair although I think it ended on somewhat of a heartwarming note.

Loved the theme song tbh.
Apr 5, 2015 8:52 AM

Jun 2012
I've been looking forward to this.
Apr 5, 2015 11:55 AM

Nov 2009
Is it already come out???? I haven't seen it yet.

Anyway, look like this will be the last animation for Gargantia as SS2 got cancelled.
Apr 9, 2015 9:02 AM

Jan 2008
The first raw file is out. Will have to wait a bit longer to get the translation. Hopefully by the end of the month we'll have a translated second episode :)
Apr 9, 2015 11:45 AM

Aug 2013
I can't tell if OP actually watches the episodes (and knows what's going on word for word) or just skims through raws to get an idea

Marina2 said:

Anyway, look like this will be the last animation for Gargantia as SS2 got cancelled.

What's SS2?
Tw1tcHyApr 9, 2015 11:49 AM
Apr 10, 2015 3:34 AM

Apr 2011
Tw1tcHy said:
I can't tell if OP actually watches the episodes (and knows what's going on word for word) or just skims through raws to get an idea

Marina2 said:

What's SS2?

A second season.
Apr 11, 2015 3:21 AM

Aug 2013
Never even read anything in my research in the past about their being talk of a second season, let alone there being one to get cancelled. Not sure where he's getting his information from then.

Why SS2? Why not just S2...?
Apr 12, 2015 4:23 AM
Dec 2012
Snk OVA gets subbed in hours. and this has been out for 8 days!
SOMEONE SUB THIS GODDAMMIT!
Apr 13, 2015 10:58 PM

Dec 2013
This OVA was so good and leaves off to where more has to be told!
I'm honestly sad that S2 isn't happening (cancelled) and a novel is happening instead.
The visual, storytelling, characters voice, and everything is just done so well in this anime.

9/10 OVA.
Can't wait for the novels to finally conclude the whole story about Ledo/Amy and the whole mystery of the world they live in.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Apr 27, 2015 8:00 AM

Mar 2014
Any idea why the 2nd episode hasn't been translated yet? The raw's been out for nearly a month now.
Apr 28, 2015 7:22 PM

May 2014
LordMorningStar said:
Any idea why the 2nd episode hasn't been translated yet? The raw's been out for nearly a month now.
the show sucks that's why
Kenjataimu mode status: 恒久
May 5, 2015 7:56 AM

Nov 2011
Do not expect too much from this OVA, because otherwise you will be a bit disappointed in the end.
Not that unpleasant, just that with all the time available; It thinks more to fuck you to show things that interest you and then they give body to the story.
Drawings discrete but not excellent as well as the CG decent but not spectacular; IG perhaps did not want to spend much.
However in the end the impression I gave, is that this is a new beginning to realize some other season in future on this project. I can not wait to happen.
May 15, 2015 1:39 PM

Jan 2014
LordMorningStar said:

Tweeted the guys that subbed the first episode, they said they will probably do the second one when the BD is available... whenever that is.

edit: according to Amazon.jp the BD for the second episode is getting released on May 27th so not too long after that I would assume.
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

May 18, 2015 2:34 PM

May 2010
Kenjataimu said:
LordMorningStar said:
the show sucks that's why

i was hoping the ova would be more interesting than the main show but its quite the opposite... judging after the first episode. i will watch the second ep raw, be done with it and forget about it.

also SnK and this show are dont even exist in the same universe for me.
May 22, 2015 3:09 AM

Dec 2008
These ova could have EASILY been a single movie. BUT without a 2nd season...the franchise just leavs us all hanging....and aside from some half assed answers and some ok ones, I felt ininspired by some of this. Thats not to say I was not glad to see it at all. Proves that the technology is rapidly heading towards great advancement; many more suits out there potentially. Sux if the next season was cancelled thouhg..FAREWELL WATERWORLD....T.T 6.5/10...and they just introduced a floating capital of the world with agriculture and all too...*sighs*
Jun 7, 2015 6:59 PM

Jan 2008
So Rackage goes back to being a pirate with her crew...and that's it. Well WTF is going to happen to my Pinion x Rackage OTP!? My ship is sinking.

Goddammit. First Chamber, and now Mazuru (which I liked more for it's sharper edges)....they really want to destroy everything don't they. Now I desperately want another OVA set or better yet, a second season, because this can't be the end! It was just so left open, you can't really call it satisfactory.
Jun 7, 2015 11:20 PM

Sep 2012
Yukkage reminded me of Emi from Hataraku.

The arty scene was really cool.
Oh god who are you people?
Jun 8, 2015 11:09 AM
Mar 2014
Will it have a continuation or a second season??
Jun 9, 2015 12:52 PM
Apr 2015
The overall episode was pretty good, the animations too.
but there is one thing that pisses me off :
Jun 19, 2015 1:58 PM

Jan 2013
Where did you watch this? I can only find bad subs...

Jun 24, 2015 3:00 AM

Dec 2013
It's a struggle simply trying to understand what is being said. As it stands now, not only are the subtitles very literal translations of what is being said and are hard to understand, but they are also not even on the screen long enough to read in the first place. Talk about kicking me while I'm down.

Does anyone know how many groups subbed/are subbing this?

*edit

Scratch literal translations. Try completely inaccurate and wrong.
Kuro_YuukiJun 24, 2015 3:05 AM
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Jun 25, 2015 2:24 PM

Mar 2014
The UCCUSS subs are good, you can use those without a problem.

Man, almost cried when Muzzle said "Re-Reema" for the first time, fuck, that hit hard.
Excellent OVA series, that tease for S2 is insane, I want it so bad.
Jun 28, 2015 12:41 PM
Aug 2008
Wow, when I watched this with UCUSS subs, I just realized that Muzzle's dialogue is actually in Engrish, with some weird accent.

Indeed, the first few lines are also simply displayed on Muzzle's UI during that scene. The rest is just reading the subs, shifting every vowel 3 positions to the right on the gojūon matrix (i.e. hiragana, katakana chart):
a --> i
e --> u
i --> o
u --> a
o --> e
y --> y (they 'forgot' this one as it's not a vowel in Japanese)

Setting-wise, it makes a lot of sense, given Muzzle's origin. And to me, it did shed some light on Muzzle's relationship to Reema, which managed to add a bit more of much needed depth to an otherwise unfulfilling OVA.
Jun 28, 2015 1:37 PM

Mar 2014
kenesu4 said:
Wow, when I watched this with UCUSS subs, I just realized that Muzzle's dialogue is actually in Engrish, with some weird accent.

Indeed, the first few lines are also simply displayed on Muzzle's UI during that scene. The rest is just reading the subs, shifting every vowel 3 positions to the right on the gojūon matrix (i.e. hiragana, katakana chart):
a --> i
e --> u
i --> o
u --> a
o --> e
y --> y (they 'forgot' this one as it's not a vowel in Japanese)

Setting-wise, it makes a lot of sense, given Muzzle's origin. And to me, it did shed some light on Muzzle's relationship to Reema, which managed to add a bit more of much needed depth to an otherwise unfulfilling OVA.
I really like how you could understand him by the end, added a lot to the scene and his character, even if he wasn't here for long.
Jul 3, 2015 5:30 AM

Feb 2012
Horrible subtitles. I waited almost a month for better subs, but to no avail so I ended up bearing with it.

Reema's character is intriguing. Too bad I couldn't really appreciate her character and some parts of the plot due to the bad subs.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jul 3, 2015 12:16 PM
Jun 2014
Wow that was a waste of time. Hoping for something more substantial, and all this was was an introduction for a new character and they basically made the ova's about her. The higher mysteries of the series were more or less ignored.
Jul 6, 2015 10:06 PM

Jun 2012
jbeat said:
Horrible subtitles. I waited almost a month for better subs, but to no avail so I ended up bearing with it.

Reema's character is intriguing. Too bad I couldn't really appreciate her character and some parts of the plot due to the bad subs.

Yeah the subs were awful but I managed to get the gist of what was going on.
Shame there wont be a second season.
Jul 8, 2015 12:01 PM

Oct 2009
They introduced a new character for the S2 and then they cancel it? I'm disappointed.
Jul 8, 2015 7:45 PM

Apr 2014
So S2 got canceled? Can anyone link the info? That sucks, but the show wasn't that popular to begin with. So it's understandable.
Jul 9, 2015 12:43 PM

Apr 2013
Didn't care to much for Reema and her relationship with Mazuru... Overall, at least the second episode wasn't really amazing.

Had forgotten that they already cancelled a S2, but now that I remember it makes me sad again... And GODDAMMIT JUST KISS ALREADY!
Jul 9, 2015 4:45 PM

Apr 2014
Reema...is she one of the people from the same place as Ledo?
Since Reema also have a mecha just like Ledo do...hm
There are so many things still need answer, but over all it good.
Missing Chamber.
8/10
Jul 19, 2015 2:45 PM
Oct 2010
This felt like a stop gap to get people interested in another season. All this time I've been under the assumption that gargantia was the norm in terms of nations and that the sea level rose to the point that land didn't exist. Now we know that there are land nations but they didn't expand on them at all, even showing a few glimpses would have been interesting.

I thought lukkage's departure was well done, but I suppose a lot of people will be lost as to why she left. Now my statement obviously won't be 100% fact, but I believe she left because she realized that the mechanic guy would never accept her for who she really was and that basically left her with no ties to gargantia.
Jul 22, 2015 12:39 PM

Oct 2012
Good second episode. I guess I enjoyed this OVA, it was better than previous ones.
Muzzle's end and Reema departure was well done.

Guess this is their farwell to the series.
Jul 24, 2015 5:13 PM

May 2012
Great second episode, I really liked that they introduced that older mecha and well the overall character development and strong emotional bond creation sure was impressive!

I really wish there would be a second season but I do think this is the end of this wonderful franchise!
Jul 26, 2015 10:44 PM

Apr 2009
WHY NO SECOND SEASON?!!! GODDAMN!!!

Gargantia is better than almost every anime coming out right now.
Jul 29, 2015 10:50 PM

Jan 2011
Ya I couldn't wait for better subs any longer. It's been sitting in my pending folder for...ever.

Need more. NEED MORE!!!! For real though dammit man. It pains me this is all we have of this.
Aug 10, 2015 12:12 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I was left wanting more. It's a shame that an ambitious series like this one cannot get a second season.

Rackage in disguise looked like like a grown up Senjougahara. Nice. Definitely too much of a woman for a guy like Pinion.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 11, 2015 2:14 PM

Jan 2011
It's too bad that they didn't show us anthing about the GA and the Hideauze etc., but it was alright.

Regarding Reema, the ending was a bit stupid though. I get that she *wants* to have some penance, but still..

So she comes from a nation that is at war all the time? So what, Ledo comes from a nation that is at the brink of destruction all the time.

She "can't" go home? She can - both to Gargantia, and to "Land". What her live would be is another thing, but i think on Gargantia with Amy etc. it would not have been bad. She is both a good mail girl and mechanic, she also has experience piloting Yunboros. And while not as useful on the Gargantia i'd imagine, she can also lie/avoid answering question, infiltrate the "enemy" etc.

Her life in Land..well, if they re at war all the time, they can make good use of her skills. She is expandable, but if she's back anyways.. maybe she would be "reduced" to work as a mechanic, even only doing repetitive work etc., but it would probably not be all bad.

Ledo does not even know where the GA is, and even if he has no means of returning or even communication.

Her mech got destroyed? Oh really? You had like 2 minutes where it was more then a machine. Ledo spent years with Chamber.

Basically, everything that happend to her happend to Ledo before, only a hundred times worse.

They should have focused a bit more on why she wants to do penance. "None of this would have happend" - what exactly? Minor damage to the Gargantia? The ship they lifted, during which she rescued Ledo (or at least got the rescue operation started) is probably worth more, both material and actual use than what got destroyed.

Nobody was hurt physically, and the only who could really offer objections is Amy, who was literally begging her to come back.

That they cut Rackage quite short, with why she thinks she has to leave etc. didn't help, either.

Overall just a minor issue, but it was a bit rushed there. Maybe they had planned to extend on it in season two, where there obviously would be a reunion, especially given Rackage saying "there is only one sea".
Sep 3, 2015 12:41 AM
May 2012
THAT'S IT?! REALLY!?

IS THIS HOW THE SHOW REALLY ENDS?!

WOULDN'T BE GREAT IF CHAMBER COMES BACK TO LIFE?!!
JafriZinSep 20, 2015 12:28 AM
Sep 4, 2015 7:29 AM

Mar 2014
I wish there was more but oh well !!
Sep 5, 2015 3:48 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I was really hoping that Reema would give her machine to Ledo, and then Chamber becomes the interface for the new machine, although it definitely still much weaker than Machine Caliber, Reema's machine is cool.

Rackage is much hotter on that clothes, she should wears that all of the time. It's unfortunate she had to leave Gargantia, she is badass and her machine is the strongest Yunboro in the series.

This definitely needs another season~

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 14, 2015 5:45 PM

Jan 2009
why did they cancel season 2 for this, they could really extend the story like Gargantia can fight the Land nations lol, and better yet Gargantia has the blueprint for that mech that Leema pilots so they can mass produce it

ah well, Leema is member now of the Pirate squad of Rackage
Sep 20, 2015 5:35 PM

May 2014
IMO the AlliancelHideauze (from space) invading Earth would be the only reason to have a full/two cour second season.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Sep 21, 2015 2:57 AM
Jul 2018
KazuhoYoshii said:
IMO the AlliancelHideauze (from space) invading Earth would be the only reason to have a full/two cour second season.

I'd actually love to see that. But this isn't getting a second season. What was the second season is getting turned into a novel (novel series?) instead, which I haven't heard anything about in awhile. I'd really like to know what happens in it, even if I can't Japanese. I'm sure someone will at least summarize for the rest of us eventually.

Anyway, back to this episode. From the end of the last episode, I thought Reema was going to end up being from the Galactic Alliance. But this went a totally different direction with it. It would have been cool if she was, but it would have been hard to explain and would have required a longer story.

I did really like the world building in this. Since the anime was so focused on Gargantia, we didn't get much of an idea of what the rest of the world was like. But this gave plenty of hints of what else is going on in the world. Unfortunately, those might have been left overs from what was supposed to have been the second season. Seems like there was conflict brewing between this "Land" nation.

Loved the action sequence at the end. Seems like the animation in this was better than the TV series.

Would have liked Reema to have more character development. I'm sad to see her go, but it doesn't particularly surprise me, since she's the new character and all.

And damn it, Ledo and Amy just need to kiss already. Their feelings for each are obvious and they've all but confessed to each other at this point. Yeesh.

Oh well.

OVA Rating: 8/10 (wish I could give half points, as it would be a 7.5. But I really like the character and world of this series, so i'll give it an 8)
Sep 28, 2015 4:50 AM
May 2012
So you guys just ignored the statement regarding

THEY NEVER BROUGHT BACK CHAMBER!?!
Oct 17, 2015 3:01 AM

Nov 2009
I enjoyed these OVA's, they were nice additions to the story that expanded on the world a bit plus seeing Ledo and Amy together the way they are is always nice.
Oct 20, 2015 7:56 PM

Apr 2008
As enjoyable as this OVA (but for all intents and purposes, a movie) was, I felt that Meguru Kouro, Haruka unfortunately ended up having to straddle two different audiences that leaves both somewhat dissatisfied. With the fans feeling it wasn't enough, and new viewers probably confused or bored. As great as it is to see the ongoing journey of the Gargantua, giving hints of future possibilities (i.e. the Land) but ending on a contrived crisis just makes the lack of greater development jarring.
Nov 7, 2015 5:01 PM

Feb 2013
These two OVAs were enjoyable.

That Muzzle mech seems like it was a first generaion of the type of mech Chamber was. Reema joined Rackage who also left Gargatia. I must saw Rackage looks way prettier that way than in her pirate attire.

Sucks that season two was canceled. It really sucks. But they did say it will continue in light novel form. From what I seen time passed as pictures of Ledo and Amy were older than they are now. They're 18 in the sequel. might read the sequel Light novels once they're done.
Dec 7, 2015 5:43 PM

Feb 2013
That mech was awesome when Ledo helped pilot it.

7/10 (good) same as the series.
Dec 8, 2015 11:49 PM

Mar 2008
Would still kill for a second season of this series, it's just so good. Solid 8/10 for these two episodes. Would have been 9/10 if Leema had not left.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia: Meguru Kouro, Haruka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

74 by Xenoseeker »»
Aug 23, 2023 3:51 AM

» Season 2

SkyWielder - May 20, 2015

2 by awesomeblackman »»
Jan 13, 2023 7:27 PM

» Any chance of a dub for Suisei no Gargantia: Meguru Kouro, Haruka?

awesomeblackman - Mar 7, 2021

0 by awesomeblackman »»
Mar 7, 2021 9:39 AM

» Can someone confirm to me if Suisei no Gargantia: Meguru Kouro, Haruka a real sequel or non-canon? And is it worth watching?

awesomeblackman - Mar 2, 2021

3 by Gurenn »»
Mar 2, 2021 12:36 AM

» Preview(s) - Update 3/13

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2014

7 by dmr »»
Mar 13, 2015 4:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.