Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 10, 2015 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Props to both Yona and Yun for being courageous. Even the squirrel did something by biting that rope like a brave little fur ball. Action was pretty good imo. Hak and the others kicking some major ass on aboard the ship while the Green Dragon went around hunting for their boss. Honestly, I hate their that Kumji guy

Best part of the episode:
Kumji being shot by Yona. Best fucking part imo

Stark700Mar 10, 2015 8:24 AM
Mar 10, 2015 7:24 AM

Nov 2007
Rokuryuu came to the rescue first, then Seiryuu. That bishounen guy and the princess quite made a nice friendship as they care for each other. then the rest. The leader is skillful by herself, too.

Bishounen guy's logic is correct to figure out which ship the boss rode. He ran away, even though he said he said he's not going to give up. He shot Rokuryuu, but is afraid of the princess's gaze (w. OP1 song). She aimed correctly and got him (don't tell me he's not actually dead and going to appear later as that case happens a lot in anime). Even though everyone's shocked, they are all happy about defeating him. Only bishounen guy is not in the mood of cerebrating, it seems. Bumping into cousin guy at the end was not expected.

Two more eps.
tsubasaloverMar 10, 2015 7:29 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 10, 2015 8:35 AM

Jul 2010
Yona and Yun really did a fine job, to only show a little weakness like that at the start.

Jae-ha's attacks looked especially fancy with the kicks and sometimes the green aura it emits. Every dragon and Hak beating the mercenaries felt like a video game, which was quite entertaining. I liked the constant reminder that it was a joint effort with lots of assistance from the girls and pirates.

Jae-ha getting shot by the shoulders when facing Kum-ji. Yona's dead accurate shot was really quite the amazing feat to pull off, especially from such a distance and time.

A big drinking and feasting at the end, Su-won appearing in front of Yona, Yona haven't been thinking about Su-won and with the recent events, would this be a step back :/
Mar 10, 2015 8:36 AM

Jan 2015
This episode was amazing! I had an ear to ear smile watching the dragons fight together (with Hak, who's an honorary, in my opinion) and Yona's finishing shot was the icing on the cake for me.

I loved the blend of action and humor. It's one of the aspects I really appreciate about this series. It's also great to see a lead female character take charge of her life and stand up for herself. The amount of personal strength Yona has developed definitely comes across in this episode.

But with a cliffhanger like that! Let's hope she can keep it up!
Mar 10, 2015 8:58 AM

Jul 2014
HOLY YONA! that perfect shot!

WTF is SuuWon doing here? did this happen in the manga? scared that the anime might be rushin to the endin with only 2 eps left. wat bout the 4th dragon???
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Mar 10, 2015 8:59 AM

Jul 2007
WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!? That ending... I cannot imagine what the heck is gonna happen next episode like really. Seems like Yona got her first kill though. I wonder if more will follow :/
Mar 10, 2015 9:10 AM

Sep 2014
Oh snap

Soo wan incoming
Mar 10, 2015 9:29 AM

Aug 2010
DAT Cliffhanger!!! Damn! >.<! Bet no one expected that one :P Props to Pierrot for leaving it as a cliffy ^^

Awesome ep. It's just amazing when u think about it but Yona's pretty much the only person who killed someone in this whole battle. That's just crazy :O

Her stare of death and shot from that distance was friggin BA! Right in the KOKORO!! And Kumji wasn't really a joke of a villain to add, he was shown to be quite formidable so that just says more and more about Yona's accomplishment. Killing intent that reached him from meters :3 BA!

Loved seeing the Dragons and Hak kicking absolute ass XD And Gigan was friggin BOSS herself too hehe ^^; She's got skills that's for sure.

Lol at Hak and Kija beating up the henchmen when they saw Yona and Yun all bruised and Jaeha's "I'll strip" LOL XD

Let the MAL rank raise more and more :P
Mar 10, 2015 9:34 AM

Dec 2014
Why the cliff hanger!? :`(
Thoes Sanji kicks from Jaeha were nice.
Perriot did amazing this episode with the action.
Mar 10, 2015 9:38 AM

Feb 2012
Hell yeah the arrow shooting part was on point, and that ending doee, plus the soundtrack playing over all of this, pure greatness.

Next episode finna be good.
Mar 10, 2015 9:47 AM

Aug 2012
I even felt Yona's bloodlust, goes to show how much 'aura' she has now, so happy with her growth as a character thus far

And of course, didn't expect anything less from the dragons/thunder beast as they continue to be badass fighters

Overall episode was awesome and that end yo, pretty cool that both of them are the type of people to wander alone like that so meeting up seems inevitable
Mar 10, 2015 9:56 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Well, the arrow shot part was alright, but i felt nothing from this since it was basically spoiled in the OP, so meh. THE ENDING THOUGH, oh my fuck, THE FUCKING OST!
Mar 10, 2015 10:01 AM

Aug 2012
Kumji sensed Yona's bloodlust, but it never seemed like the typical bloodlust of intense anger and revenge. It was very calm and I'm happy they didn't make a huge deal over her killing a man like Kumji.

I never was caught up with a character's personality or aura like Yona.

Definitely one of my favorite anime shows ever.
Mar 10, 2015 10:18 AM

Dec 2013
Yona shouldn't have wandered off without her cloak. Guess she was too caught up in the moment.
Mar 10, 2015 10:43 AM

Apr 2013
Incredible episode. 11/10
It was really nice to see Jae-ha fight so seriously. Can't wait for next week.
And I don't think you have to worry about the 4th dragon. Everybody who's reading the manga knows how it will go on. Let's hope for a second season!
I love this show so much. :D
Sayo3Mar 10, 2015 10:46 AM
Mar 10, 2015 10:52 AM

Jan 2013
Since when is this confirmed to be 24 episodes? I thought they would make it longer because they didn't rush until now. They haven't even found the 4th dragon :O
Mar 10, 2015 11:00 AM

Jun 2011
Great episode, although the 'shooting Kumji scene' felt a bit dragged out, but that may just be me. And this episode made me remember why I love Shin-Ah so much. (And Yona and Yoon of course.)
Ah well, I like the manga way more anyway. Pierrot has done a good job animating this, but the humor feels too forced. In the manga it's more natural. And the art is way prettier, haha.
Mar 10, 2015 11:01 AM

Jan 2008
That ending! Omg. There better be a second season. This is such an underrated anime on here.
Mar 10, 2015 11:02 AM

Apr 2014
MasterQuest said:
Since when is this confirmed to be 24 episodes? I thought they would make it longer because they didn't rush until now. They haven't even found the 4th dragon :O
seems like a season 2 is eminent based on the pacing tbh

they aren't gonna rush 2 episodes they aren't ARMS studio lmfao
Mar 10, 2015 11:07 AM

Mar 2013
Nice shot, Yona. That ending, though
Mar 10, 2015 11:20 AM

Nov 2014
Nice episode!

Oh my god, I expected her to run into the fourth dragon or something; I never expected to see Soo-won! What a mean cliff-hanger to end on. I really hope this will get a season two, it's one of the better shows I've been watching lately.
Mar 10, 2015 11:23 AM

Jul 2014
This has to be on of the best anime episodes I've seen in while.

Mar 10, 2015 11:34 AM

Jun 2014
I fucking love it when they play the old OP :')
Wow Yona. That bloodlust. I'm glad she killed him.
Best episode so far & OMG THAT ENDING
6/5
Mar 10, 2015 11:37 AM

Dec 2012
The meeting between Soo-won and Yona was my most expected moment,I wanted to see it animated so bad.

The fourth dragon will just pop in the last episode and end the anime like that. They won't make an original ending,so it'd be another open ending probably. That's how I see it at least.
Mar 10, 2015 11:40 AM
Oct 2014
Soo, anyone wanna discuss this episode? What did y'all think? :D I loved this episode the most so far, to be honest. Yona was so freaking badass throughout the whole episode but omg...
what was HE doing there in the end?!?!?! Q_Q
Mar 10, 2015 11:41 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Barion-Zara said:

Awesome ep. It's just amazing when u think about it but Yona's pretty much the only person who killed someone in this whole battle. That's just crazy :O

Yeah, I really like that. Especially considering how she just went fully against her father's beliefs. I love that determined expression of hers, with that flashback of her father dying, it shows that Yona has accepted the idea of using a weapon to kill someone, even though before, she was hesitant when thinking about killing.

That was a good ending to the climax of the arc overall, with the pirates partying like silly. Seriously, Jae-ha stripping omg XD I was smiling until I saw Yona walking around by herself...NOPE. They did a great job with that cliffhanger though, I liked how the music starts right when it did.
Mar 10, 2015 11:42 AM
May 2014
kawaii-despair said:
The meeting between Soo-won and Yona was my most expected moment,I wanted to see it animated so bad.

The fourth dragon will just pop in the last episode and end the anime like that. They won't make an original ending,so it'd be another open ending probably. That's how I see it at least.

True, considering how faithful they are to the source, they're not going to make an
original ending. If they did, it would destroy the faithfullness they've shown so far.

I'd say it'll be open-ended (aka read the manga), or second season.
konatachan80Mar 10, 2015 11:46 AM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Mar 10, 2015 11:44 AM

Jul 2014
The word "badass", thrown around so cheaply these days. It saddens me.
Mar 10, 2015 11:48 AM

May 2009
:O

nooooo, i want mooooorrree!!!
Jeeeez, that ending, and that preview!! gaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!

Wow.. Yona's bloodlust.. ah... she's finally 'closer to Hak'... that Hak's face... heh... ahhh..! I wanted to see him hug her. :( Instead i get to peep at Suuwon engulf her. Bzzz. X{

I actually thought that was the 4th dragon... I'd completely forgotten Suuwon. Jeez, cliffhanger like hell. Hak would be feeling totally busted... after letting his emotions ride free so long, suddenly he's reminded of his purpose and status in such a slap-in-the-face way. Those dead-eyes so killing man... After all that fire! And now that Suuwon knows about their existence.. damn. Tuffffo!!!

Jeaha's kicks were awesome. Ah.. I was wondering if Yona'd be limping.. her bloodfire must've healed her ankle up eh..

Yona's face... when Kumji had held her by the hair.. man.. keeps comin back at me.. I guess it's finally time to change my profile/forum pic. Huaaaaaa...
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Mar 10, 2015 12:00 PM

Nov 2012
Man, I never imagined she'd actually kill someone, this anime is pretty legit.
Jaywalker.
Mar 10, 2015 12:07 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The Dragons and Hak were all equally amazing this episode, and I believe they were holding back too since Gigan forbid them from killing. Otherwise, the battle would've been over long ago, considering the rate they were advancing.

But of course, Yona totally took the spotlight with her bloodlust inducing death stare and that arrow shot! Too friggin' badass! >.<

Everyone getting into the party mode except Yun was pretty funny, especially Jae-ha wanting to strip. XD

DAT CLIFFHANGER THOUGH! Out of all the people, Yona bumped into Soo-Won! Damn, this is getting too good!

Great episode! Too bad, it doesn't seem like Yona will be able to kill the guy, though she'll have the chance too. But, she must have a good reason behind.

Mar 10, 2015 12:07 PM

Apr 2010
Threads merged

Thread "Akatsuki no Yona Ep. 22" merged with "Akatsuki no Yona Episode 22 Discussion" thread.
Mar 10, 2015 12:10 PM

Jan 2013
The episode was amazing! The scene with Yona was breathtaking. They really adapted it well. However, the episode was unfortunately a bit rushed. But all in all, it was awesome.

Mar 10, 2015 12:14 PM

Apr 2008
Man the Yun part... those darn onion ninjas!!!! But seriously I even got the chills from Yona's blood lust, and the end... perfect OST use!!!
Mar 10, 2015 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
I really like how the Dragons and Hak kicked some asses.
Mar 10, 2015 12:26 PM

Jan 2014
What an episode this was! "First blood!" for Yona. I was really waiting for that moment and here it was, and it was great. The music was also awesome in the last scene with Su-won bumping into Yona before the episode ended and when Kumji took that arrow in his chest. I wonder what will happen next...
Mar 10, 2015 12:31 PM

May 2011
Holy shit that ending!

Yona's character growth is really amazing btw. I like how the bad guys keep getting afraid of the look in her eyes.
Mar 10, 2015 12:34 PM

Jul 2013
I just stared in awe at the screen for like five minutes after the episode was done. Suuwon. One of the best antagonists I've ever come across in anime so far. His appearance is so innocent, yet he killed for a crown. I wonder what he will do now that he knows Yona is alive.

The story has really been a tread through mud these last couple of episodes, but it's finally picked up. I'm excited.
Mar 10, 2015 12:46 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That ending was extremely unexpected. Well done Yona. I did not see that coming.

I expected Yona to have a stronger reaction to having killed for the first time, but she seems to have taken it in stride. But seeing Soo-won the usurper in front of her sure took her breath away.

Cannot wait for next weeks episode.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 10, 2015 12:49 PM
Jan 2010
MasterQuest said:
Since when is this confirmed to be 24 episodes?

it's actually been known since the beginning. Yona's voice actress confirmed that it would be 2-cour. MAL just took a long time to update the episode count.

See this thread: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1278739
Mar 10, 2015 1:14 PM

Aug 2008
Su-won, you are so beautiful. It makes me hard to hate him even though he fking killed Yona's dad.

YES, YONA FINALLY KILLED A PERSON WHEN NEEDED!!
Mar 10, 2015 1:42 PM

Mar 2014
That ending! I literally said "Oh my God"
Mar 10, 2015 1:55 PM

Dec 2014
Ending was so random. What the heck is Soo-Wan doing there? Poor Yona... She's like "?!"
Mar 10, 2015 2:01 PM

Mar 2009
What an episode. One of the best of the series, and that's saying something. And what an ending! I have no idea how Yona is going to react in the next episode. She must be feeling so many conflicting emotions right now. Reminds me of that one scene in Berserk when Guts sees Griffith again, and forgets his urge to kill him.

And Yona...what a badass. god damn. I love this show so much.
Mar 10, 2015 2:04 PM

Aug 2013
That was... totally unexpected :O
Well, as soon as I saw that white dress with the hair, it was obvious, but holy shit, I didn't even expected her to encounter him before she would have found all the dragons. That suck for Yona, since she seemed to have forgotten him a bit already. Seeing him will bring all the pain again :/
But mmmmh, sweet drama.

I called it!! Yona killed that man with an arrow! Well, okay, I was half-right since I said she would shoot him in the head, but in the end, I find it even better an arrow right in his cold heart. Yona, you're so hawt :3

I still don't understand why they didn't want to kill the mercenaries. The locals who helped the lord, I can understand to some extand. But the mercenaries? Who give a fuck about mercenaries? They are no names from all around the world, betting their life for money. No one will miss them and they mostly have a reputation to flee when things get shitty. The best way to beat mercenaries is to destroy their moral, and the best way to do it is to emotionlessly kill them. Keeping them alive probably even boost their confidence, showing that the enemy doesn't have the guts to kill them. Anyway, just a bit of ranting... It didn't really affected my appreciation of the episode.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 10, 2015 2:21 PM
Apr 2014
oh man are you serious? what was up with that end... Now Yona will just be confused by her feelings again -.- And here I thought we'd finally get an emotionally stable Yona from now on.

Whatever. How do they intend to recruit the fourth dragon in just two more episodes? The previous ones took at least three if I remember correctly. And I mean he is in the opening after all. They at least have to introduce him which would most likely end up in a cliffhanger. They can't just do 24 episodes. It would fuck up the entire work they've done until now.
Mar 10, 2015 2:57 PM
Sep 2013
This is one of my fav animes this season really well done :)
Mar 10, 2015 3:15 PM

Apr 2013
That was like, the best episode so far!
Mar 10, 2015 3:23 PM

Apr 2012
Amazing episode. What a cliffhanger o_o
Mar 10, 2015 3:32 PM

Nov 2013
Holy sh*t!! I wasn't expecting that ending! And that ost!!! Awesome ending! The action was also good in this episode and Yona shows again what a badass she is <3 That shot was amazing!

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2015

374 by perseii »»
Apr 8, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2014

138 by Seraschi »»
Apr 6, 1:42 PM

Poll: » should i keep watching????

Tamar5858 - Jul 31, 2022

20 by BiobulletM »»
Apr 3, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 17, 2015

146 by nyaasar »»
Mar 21, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2015

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 9, 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.