Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 14, 2015 1:10 PM
Nov 2010
Uda and his parasite, now named Jaw, are back and I'm happy to see that they helped with the inspector.
Tamura Reiko or whatever the female parasite is called now has changed in an interesting way. That, combined with the lecture and the rooftop meeting, put me under quite an impression.
And lastly, it seems that, whether they are related or just two separate processes, Shinichi and Migi are pretty much reversing their personalities now.

Overall, it was a very enjoyable episode.
Jan 14, 2015 1:10 PM

Sep 2012
uda's fuckin jaw tho
Oh god who are you people?
Jan 14, 2015 1:18 PM

Dec 2013
really nice episode. first time recognizing the awesome ost when migi told realtalk
Jan 14, 2015 1:34 PM

Nov 2013
You know just your everyday natural laughing face, is all.

http://i.imgur.com/otqLsUw.png

Shinichi quote of the day: Out of the way, you filthy humans!

As a whole, loved this episode!

Jan 14, 2015 1:38 PM

Mar 2013
Daaaamn this is getting better and better, I hope Sinichi loses all of his emotions and Migi actually inherits some, that would be a nice twist.
Jan 14, 2015 1:39 PM

Jul 2012
Oh wow the episode was named after Richard Dawkins Book.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jan 14, 2015 1:41 PM

Jan 2014
Damn Shinichi has changed big time, as always looking forward to next week. :3
Jan 14, 2015 1:45 PM

Feb 2013
Love this Anime! So amazingly well done and a really good anime adaption from the manga! can't wait for more :)
Jan 14, 2015 1:51 PM
Jul 2013
Did he killed his mom? I can't remember...
And if she is dead how will she close the hole in his heart?
I don't get it... This episode was lame!
5/10 :(
And by the way! Is he not meeting Murano ever again? (since he said goodbye and all...)
Jan 14, 2015 1:51 PM

Jul 2014
This is sooo fucking good.
Jan 14, 2015 1:57 PM

Aug 2014
Again with her laughs. Creepy bitch.
Jan 14, 2015 2:02 PM

Jul 2012
Mirianime said:
And by the way! Is he not meeting Murano ever again? (since he said goodbye and all...)

how can you not remember this?

His mother was killed by a parasyte, taken over by that parasyte and then was killed by Shinichi. How can you not know this? did you even watch the anime?

Also she can't close the heart, that was a fortune teller, she just said things she tells everyone, in the case of shinichi he actually had a real hole in his heart and the person responsible for this is already dead.

If you don't get it it is not because the episode was lame, but because you are not clever enough. Maybe you shouldn't watch shitty anime like Akame ga Kill and try to activate some of your braincells instead.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jan 14, 2015 2:11 PM

Nov 2013
Migi and Shinichi swapping roles slowly but surely. Migi gaining compassion and understanding, looking to reason and negotiate over killing. Shinichi is going the opposite way, switching to kill mode soon as things go wrong and now has Migi trying to calm him down lol. I remember the early episodes when Shinichi was begging migi to settle down, now Shinichi is losing the plot and becoming a cold hearted killer.

All we need now is Murano to kick the bucket for Shinichi to finish his change into the parasyte slayer that was promised™
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jan 14, 2015 2:13 PM

Apr 2014
Best evil laugh of 2015 right there
Jan 14, 2015 2:15 PM
Dec 2012
I was a bit disappointed with the previous episode but this one was fan-fucking-tactic. I had no problems with it at all.
gilgamesh310Jan 14, 2015 2:27 PM
Jan 14, 2015 2:16 PM

Jun 2013
Another teriffic episode.... It really is startling to see how much Migi is changing for the better and how much Shinichi is beggining to change for the worse, he's becoming less and less human!
Jan 14, 2015 2:17 PM

Jul 2014
I like disfigured face dude - Joe. But seriously, that ending wtf. Shinichi isn't human anymore, he's a monster.
Jan 14, 2015 2:41 PM

Jun 2014
During that lecture, i was fearfully expecting Tamura to just suddenly kill the baby in the middle of the class.... glad that didnt happen.
Jan 14, 2015 2:41 PM

Oct 2014
So Shinich is becoming more Parasyt-ish, while Migi is becoming more Human.

''Out of the Way, Humans''
My Reaction: 0.o
''I killed him''
Oh shi...
what is happening with him?

And it seems his heart will never heal....

m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
During that lecture, i was fearfully expecting Tamura to just suddenly kill the baby in the middle of the class.... glad that didnt happen.

so i wasn't the only one xD
Jan 14, 2015 2:44 PM

Jun 2014
Mirianime said:

*facepalm*

watch the episodes again
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jan 14, 2015 2:46 PM

Jan 2015
Great episode. The ending was to badass.

Also thank god for no Murano.
Jan 14, 2015 2:48 PM

Jun 2014
The selfish gene concept was used very well in this episode. 9.5/10
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jan 14, 2015 2:51 PM

Aug 2014
Damn that was a nice episode, when he said "Out of the way, humans!", Shinichi have not considered him a human. And I love when he said "I killed that person" - creepy smile *-*
Jan 14, 2015 2:52 PM

Sep 2013
one of the few shows from which i can honestly say, deserves its hype.
Jan 14, 2015 2:53 PM

Oct 2013
OH MAN Shinichi has officially turned
Jan 14, 2015 3:00 PM
Oct 2014
Does anyone know the last music played in every episode? Right after the Ending Song. Just when Izumi talks about the next episode. I know that there is a dubstep version of it in the OST called "HYPNOTIK" but I want to find the calm one that appears in every episode... Can anyone help me please?
Jan 14, 2015 3:11 PM

Oct 2010
Damn his alpha-ness is out of this world. How many people can chuckle and say "Haha you skank, you thought you had me there, but I already killed that person." Tables turned.
Jan 14, 2015 3:11 PM

Jan 2014
Man shinichi's really messed up inside isn't he?

Still no new op/ed? Not that I'm complaining :P and gahh the ed gets to me everytime! It kills me to see how shinichi used to be, he was so pathetic and lame it was adorable >.< I admit, BA shinichi is pretty cool, but I do really miss old shinichi
Jan 14, 2015 3:12 PM

Aug 2013
Orsonius said:
Mirianime said:

His mother was killed by a parasyte, taken over by that parasyte and then was killed by Shinichi. How can you not know this? did you even watch the anime?

Also she can't close the heart, that was a fortune teller, she just said things she tells everyone, in the case of shinichi he actually had a real hole in his heart and the person responsible for this is already dead.

If you don't get it it is not because the episode was lame, but because you are not clever enough. Maybe you shouldn't watch shitty anime like Akame ga Kill and try to activate some of your braincells instead.

Rekt
Jan 14, 2015 3:13 PM
Jul 2018
LeosApathy said:
The lecture that professor was teaching was rather intriguing.

I agree.

Also, it seems like Shinichi has gone insane :O
"I already killed that person" mwahahaha
Jan 14, 2015 3:14 PM

Aug 2009
Landos said:
Was not feeling this episode and felt it was kinda slow.

-Didn't like how the ally had his parasite mouth open and scream while no one noticed.
-How in the hell was that parasyte allowed to bring a baby to the lecture? What did she just walk in and was not told to leave?
-The ending was forced and didn't coincide with Shinichi's character.

Just graduated from university, there were times when a parent would bring their child to class, as long as they told the professor, there really was no issue. I've had classes where infants came with their mothers, or a full blown kid age 8 or 9 has come with his mother to a lecture so there really is nothing wrong with it. It happens all the time.

Great episode, really loving the character development. This is becoming even more interesting, such a great show . I may up the rating from a 9 to 10 by the end of the series. It's getting so damn good.

Jan 14, 2015 3:14 PM

Aug 2014
Parasite never disappoints.

Finally that investigator is put in his place. The Joker would say that he looks like a squealer, he better not do anything stupid. Not gonna lie, i didn't expect Migi to verbally defend Izumi like this, looks like he really is taking after humans, while it seems to be the complete opposite for Shinichi.

And Ryoko should just die. She should just cease to exist before she has the chance to do anything to the innocent baby. I can't believe Shinichi let her get away, but i guess he couldn't have risked injuring the baby.

The lecture on altruism was really interesting, seems like she's taking psychology.

''Out of my way, humans!''

4.5/5

It looks like there'll be more Murano next time, fml...
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jan 14, 2015 3:30 PM

May 2014
Damn, the creepy look at Shinichi at the end. LMAO, "I killed that person". Damn, it were creepy.

Hahah, it's hilarious how Reiko is holding the baby. I bet it's not even 1 year old, so how is his neck not broken yet. hhaha, that anime logic. That's why I love it. :D
Jan 14, 2015 3:38 PM

Jan 2013
lilypippili said:
Ruben_Jb said:
I'm sorry for being so forgetfull, but when he said "I killed that person", who did he mean? I mean, the fortune teller was speaking of the person who re-opened his hole. Was she talking about Ryouko? If so, he didn't actually kill her, so why did he say: I killed that person. And another stupid question probably: what is the status of his mother now, the parasyte which took her over?

No, the hole was caused by some random parasyte killing his mom. Shinichi got so angry he killed the parasyte who was trying to replace her, hence "I already killed that person". Got it?

Thank you, I got it. Last question, what episode did he kill that parasyte/mom?
Jan 14, 2015 3:48 PM
Feb 2013
ROFL there is many awkward laugh in this episode
Jan 14, 2015 3:49 PM

Aug 2013
This anime is always exciting, more and more people know the truth and less Shinichi looks human, in front of parasites he gets restless, but in front of humans he gets too cold

I expect great twists in the story, and that surprised me even more ..
Jan 14, 2015 4:01 PM

May 2012
His heart is already close, he's so cold right now after he killed the one who open his heart... "kimi Izumi Shinichi-kun dai yo ne" needs to open it again..

Jan 14, 2015 4:01 PM
Nov 2014
Good to see bro uda is still around, dat ending doe. Shinichi being badass as fuck.
Jan 14, 2015 4:09 PM
Dec 2014
seriously? "out of the way humans" i don't see why shinichi would ever say that. under what species would he place himself under?

kiseijuu episodes always pass by so fast it's ridiculous.
Jan 14, 2015 4:10 PM

Jan 2015
Orsonius said:
Mirianime said:

Woah woah, maybe you should activate some of your braincells. He might have forgotten that obvious fact but at least he isn't bashing other animes here like a dumbass trying to be so cool.
Jan 14, 2015 4:34 PM
Nov 2013
A lot of important talking happened this episode. The lecture definitely intrigued me and the fortune teller's words were very spot on. I was very surprised that Shinichi said he 'killed that person' so easily.

I honestly really agree with the people who are saying Shinichi is becoming more parasite like, and Migi somewhat more human (or at least finally understanding human emotion or at least what sympathy is). I wonder when Murano will find out about him..
Jan 14, 2015 4:36 PM
Feb 2014
Awesome episode. 10/10.
Though I get so used to HxH narrator that it sounds weird to hear him dubbing other animes
Jan 14, 2015 4:39 PM

Aug 2012
Loved the bit with Migi showing how much he understands and 'empathizes' what Shinichi has been through, in his own way. Since those little moments are probably going to build up to something big, I think the way they've been executed is great.
Jan 14, 2015 4:41 PM
Dec 2014
This ending left me looking forward to what's to come.
Jan 14, 2015 4:59 PM

Nov 2014
Izumi is really losing his humanity!
Calling people humans, laughing like a maniac, and telling others he killed someone
Hi there
Jan 14, 2015 5:06 PM

Nov 2012
The fortune teller thing felt random and forced, but cool episode nonetheless.
Jaywalker.
Jan 14, 2015 5:11 PM

Mar 2014
Jan 14, 2015 5:12 PM

Dec 2013
Ryouko is becoming a real troll
Jan 14, 2015 5:19 PM

Dec 2014
And...they lost it again. *Sigh*

I thought the detective is just a throw away character judging by how the show introduce him, now he is a secondary? And he is just weird, whether the way he talks, his motivation and his reaction to all the chaotic evens, it just feels unnecessary and intrusive to the story.

Where is my establish scene before the detective walking up the stairs to his apartment? I like the scene before that when Ryouko just laughing uncontrollably accompanied by the helpless cry of the baby, if only they can hold that scene one second longer so that the impact would be more effective. Too convenient at the end when the two students walk into the stand down between Ryouko and Shinichi, and his reaction when Ryouko leaving the rooftop is just wrong given that we see him cringed in pain just a second ago, not to mention at the start his responses to Satomi's accusation also feels unnatural, imo he should be standing still unable to react to the situation and only when he laying on the bed to come up with the idea of giving up his relationship, I think at this moment he still has some humanity left, the way the show presents is just too forceful.

This show is littered with lots of these little problems right from the start, I don't remember if these are existed in the manga because I read that a long time ago, but the anime definitely needs tons of refining.
Jan 14, 2015 5:21 PM

Jan 2010
Loved this episode. The background score perfectly matched the grim atmosphere. I was initially skeptical of this show and thought it as just another shonen. But it is fresh in a unique way. I am glad they killed off Kana and broke his relationship with his girlfriend, now they can focus on more important things of the plot.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

381 by yarwe »»
May 3, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

656 by crousu »»
May 1, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

377 by yarwe »»
May 1, 3:09 PM

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Apr 23, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.