Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mushishi
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 3, 2011 5:18 PM

Jul 2009
I was expecting a last episode like this really. I don't feel there is or should be a definite ending to Mushishi because of the whole nature of the anime. Overall I thought it was a fantastic and unique anime 10/10.
May 18, 2011 2:26 AM

Dec 2009
First I thought that this type of anime will be boring but Mushishi proves that I'm wrong. Mushishi is a lot better than what I had expected. I'm glad that I pick up this anime.

Very good. Overall: 8/10

Jun 14, 2011 1:51 AM

Sep 2010
A nice watch. Glad I decided to start this.
Jun 26, 2011 8:56 AM

Jun 2009
Mushishi is a gem; it can be denied. It fleshed out the characters’ problems and strengths at the multiple mini-arcs every episode, its unique storytelling making it the engaging, mysterious tale we got to know along these twenty-six episodes. No matter how slow-paced it was, it did the perfect job to attain my interest piqued.

It’s been an unforgettable experience. I’m sure I won’t be able to find anything like Mushishi ever again. I can’t help but yearn for more episodes; an entire new season would be extraordinary.

I’ll miss this series; it left me an incredible experience. It holds a special spot on my heart. So, I hope for a second season some day.

I don’t even need to say it’s a 10/10 for me.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Jul 13, 2011 1:36 PM

Dec 2010
The dub is great, like on the same level as Bacanno. I gave this series an easy 10. Originality at its best.
HI
Jul 30, 2011 4:56 AM

May 2009
Amazing Series.... I hope there's a sequel coming up... I really don't mind if this series gets 10 seasons... I'd wanna watch them all!!!!

love Ginko!
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Oct 1, 2011 1:12 AM

Mar 2011
Well, that's a wrap. Decent episode, I guess. Loved the anime, so unique and a great art style with an awesome main character. Ginko's the man.

Gets a 9/10 from me. I'm saddened by the fact that a second season probably isn't going to be made. I want more Mushishi.
Oct 14, 2011 7:15 PM

Jan 2011
9/10 for me.

GREAT show, I have no comparison to something like this, even though the ending didn't like one, they answered some questions about Ginko's past, and a possible second season is open, I can't be more happy and satisfied.

If it happens to be a S2, i'll definitively watch it.
Nov 18, 2011 7:19 AM

Aug 2011
This was actually one of my favourite episodes. I really liked the ending of it as well. It's not like you could really expect anything monumental as a last episode anyway. I mean, most episodes were completely disconnected so there was really no way to build up or anything. But overall I thought the series was great, it may not have had the greatest storyline as a series, but it was great in that each episode had it's own unique storyline.
I could go on and on, but I'll just say that I will definitely recommend this anime.
Nov 27, 2011 6:15 PM
Nov 2009
Why didn't I see this earlier? Is this even anime? I think it's something beyond that!
The art, the soundtrack, the story, all of it was spot on, never too much so that it became obvious what would happen next, nor too little. It's perfect!
Now to read the manga!

Also, if you liked this, check out Natsume Yuujinchou. It's really really like Mushishi, more on the comedic side, but also amazing.
Dec 1, 2011 12:20 PM

Mar 2009
For this kind of genres, im very new to it. And I really enjoyed this show. it was relaxing, and I think the ending was perfect. We got to see a nice story about Ginkos past, and how he evolved. You can clearly see hes alot more happier with his life now than before. An episode which keeps us wishing for more. But I guess the rest for a long while will remain for manga readers only. And this Anime a nice introduction to the manga for those interested.

I'm giving this a 10/10. Because not a single episode let me down in any way. They all had entertaining stories which calmed me down.

When the only negative things I can say about this anime is that many people looked alike, and that I think 26 episodes was too little, I want more. I dont consider these two things as important factors to the grade of 10/10 because I enjoyed it fully and will never regret watching this show. It did its purpose and did it better than any other anime ive seen so far. So I definetely think this deserves a 10/10.
Dec 9, 2011 5:47 PM

Aug 2011
beautiful series! last episode was ok but overall the whole series was great. beautiful art great voice actors, awsome soundtrack. easily re-watchable 10/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2012 7:01 AM
Feb 2011
Didn't really feel like the last episode.

What the fuck is up with Ginko's clothes already?!

Played my favorite theme ("In the Cradle" episode) at the end, and felt better.

8/10. Didn't connect much with most of the episodes even though they were all good, but the ones that I DID connect with just FLOORED ME with their awesomeness.

Ginko you are so great.

ON TO THE MANGA!
Jan 14, 2012 5:01 PM

Aug 2011
i really liked this episode, shows another part of ginko's past.
Mar 1, 2012 11:44 AM

Feb 2012
It doesn't fell like it is over, so there must be a second season in the future.
One can only hope. ^^
Mar 10, 2012 11:15 PM

Jul 2008
There needs to be a second season already!
Mar 19, 2012 2:27 AM

Sep 2008
Master_M2K said:
Ginko said:
hmmm, what does the name Ginko means?

Well if I was to literally translate it, it would mean "Silver child" but because it is written in katakana (ギンコ) it has no relative meaning whatsoever. ^_^

Even though it is written in Katakana and thus supposedly has no real Japanese meaning, I still took it to be "silver child" because of Ginko's silver hair. :D Nevertheless, I couldn't help but think of gingko trees every time I heard his name...

Zerakus said:
Yeah, I was kinda disappointed that it didn't have more Ginko...

Amen to that... and as everyone has already said, I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't very "last episode"-ish. Still really enjoyed the series as a whole, and all its quirks and great ED scores.
Mar 29, 2012 3:35 PM

Nov 2011
A rare little gem I watched on CR :>

Not bad overall.
Apr 10, 2012 6:58 AM
Dec 2008
What a refreshing anime it has been. I've heard this is about halfway through the manga so I hope there will be another season.

The atmosphere, animation and music were all great. All of theses stories were really good and it's surprising that they have all been only 1 episode long. This is one of the best anime i've seen and I hope to see more.
Apr 14, 2012 12:12 PM

Jul 2011
The last episode is my favorite!! I love the relationship of the two boys when they were kids. (Ginko got thrown in too!)

It was an original, and very lovely anime. Greatly enjoyed it.
May 19, 2012 11:47 PM

May 2012
Really good series,Just as expected the lat episode didnt have any special info on Ginko.The first episode showed him kind of a curious person .Peeping through the hole to see how the boy creates reality from drawing.Yes through the series he was like a research doctor.Wish there was more on life of Ginko with other characters (even his collector friend)

Even though you didnt have to wait for what happened next ,as all the episodes are an individual story and even slow phased "Its Really A Great anime" overall 9/10
May 21, 2012 1:44 AM

Jan 2012
I need more of this.

Now.
May 21, 2012 2:46 PM

May 2010
Not a bad show, but I just can't find myself loving this.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 8, 2012 9:19 AM
Feb 2011
This series has a really good original concept carried out beautifully and surreally. It'd be great if it were to have many seasons like Natsume Yuujinchou.
Jun 8, 2012 3:38 PM

Nov 2011
Finished this series and thought was decent and unique compared to some of the other series I've seen.

Ah, that smooth music at the end...
Jun 9, 2012 11:32 PM
Oct 2010
What a wonderful piece of art. The music, art-style, story was all spot on. I just spent £60 buying all of the DVD volumes just to show my support for this masterpiece (Volume 4 cost me £35, apparently it's rare).
Jun 21, 2012 11:00 PM

Jan 2012
Can we get a second season on Kickstarter or something like that please?!
Jun 23, 2012 4:29 PM

Jul 2011
Took me a while to finish, because I started right before my final exams started as well. Whoops. I'm rather confused at the ending, though. 10/10, each episode was a beautiful journey consisting of great music and creative stories. <3
Jun 25, 2012 6:45 PM

Aug 2010
What a beautiful, amazing show. Now I must read the manga.
Jul 11, 2012 12:44 AM

Sep 2011
This was an amazing and beautiful series. I actually do like the last episode a lot because it did show a lot of things: the relationship between mushi and man, the light vein, Ginko's past after the events with Nui, and a few others. In my opinion, this episode was great.
I also like how the very obvious recurring symbol in this anime is water, which, in literature, symbolizes rebirth. In many of these episodes, Ginko tells/implies to the troubled characters to start a new life and live it to the fullest while the camera pans out to the sea or ocean.
Not to mention the fact that the stories told were done so in a very interesting fashion that inspired the viewer to think about life in general. Not many anime are able to accomplish that as well as Mushi-shi can. These stories are so surreal, yet so realistic at the same time, that it really lets the viewer want to watch more.
Let's not forget the amazing music for this anime. All tracks fit each scene they're in and these tracks are so beautifully done that they're just a pleasure to listen to by themselves. My favorite track has to be the ending theme for episode 5.
Truly a wonderful series. Even though I don't like episodic series, I can safely give this anime a solid 9/10. I'm definitely going to show this anime to my kids if and when I get to that age.

My favorite episodes have to be all of them except for episodes 10, 24, 6, and 17. But those were also good.
Jul 13, 2012 11:49 AM

Jun 2012
Although I've watched my fair share of anime, this anime just takes the cake. Honestly, the artstyle, music, plot were all amazing. I even wonder why this anime wasn't one of the first anime I watched. The music was not only smooth, but relaxing, which is why I took a good amount of time watching this anime. Other anime I just zipped through the episodes, but this one made me want to be slow & steady. Let's not forget the art. As soon as I saw how detailed the "Mushi" were, I knew this anime was bound to be good-looking. Last but not least, the story. Having each episode center on different people in different circumstances may not be for some people, but for me, it was sweet.

As much as I want a second season along with you guys, I have a weird feeling that this is a good ending for this anime. If this was to continue for a second season, I have a bad feeling that the episodes would soon get... repetitive. Just my thoughts.
Jul 21, 2012 4:00 AM
Dec 2010
+ One of the best episodic anime out there. This show is impenetrable proof that great anime doesn't have to be about saving world or anything super epic.

- Being episodic is also its main down site. It would be nice to at least see side characters once again or to add 1-2 main characters later in series, e.g. the women with mushi in her black leg whom was promised to travel with Ginko once she gets better.

Overall very good watch 8-9/10

Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jul 24, 2012 2:27 AM

Mar 2010
i hope they make a second season
Aug 5, 2012 5:07 PM

Dec 2009
Very unique series and beautiful too. Some episodes had a good philosophical angle which made you think.

But some episodes felt lacking for me. It was very up and down. A good journey, but very bumpy.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Aug 14, 2012 4:19 AM

Mar 2010
Gin-iro said:
Ironic how the last episode had the least amount of Ginko.

I think it was a perfect last episode. In the end, the mountain had changed, giving a sense that everything changes eventually. That's the nature of life and time. It kinda gives you the feeling that, though Ginko was a good Mushishi, there will be more after him and there will still be more Mushi to be discovered.

The world might not look the same, but they'll still be there. Just like the catfish. ;)

10/10 definitely.

You gave the best possible description of the whole series so far, so Im going to second your opinion :)

Traditional Japanese setting, creepy mysterious music, well made stories and Ginko, a man who doesn't even look like he belongs to the whole period in which the things are occurring. Master-piece!
Really, the story bout Ginko and Mushi and the complete nature and the ways it functions along with humans, plants, animals, and mushi, making a perfect harmony of life, is something very different and unique.
Everyone should take a deeper look into the series and try to understand them, like a philosophical piece of work :)

10/10
“If you`re losing your soul and you know it, then you`ve still got a soul left to lose”
Aug 18, 2012 7:39 AM

Feb 2010
Looking back at my first post regarding this show, it seems it took me more than a year to finish this anime. It's something I watch at my own pace. While I may have consumed many series during this period, this remain as one of the only few, if not the only anime, that have such a lasting and strong impact on me.

It's criminal to craft depressing stories so beautifully.

10/10
Sep 8, 2012 3:43 PM

Jul 2012
One of the best anime I ever watched.
Oct 10, 2012 7:20 PM

Apr 2010
I shivered by the end of almost every episode, what a beautiful anime.

But I didn't like the last episode... not because it didn't have a "closure" to Ginko's journey, but the tale was weak and I didn't few touched by it, I think I was expecting something deeper and heartwarming, and this felt so... meh.
Oct 27, 2012 10:49 AM

May 2012
Quite a lovely Anime, the whole thing was really great with its separated stories, really great in overall this last episode was still left with a big open ending as they could expand it way more though I've really enjoyed the journey we've got to see from Ginko!

Great Anime 9/10
Dec 2, 2012 7:57 PM

Aug 2012
I just finished this anime a couple days ago... while it was a very good and very unique anime, the ending was far too open for my tastes. It would've definitely been a masterpiece in my opinion if there had been some kind of closure, or a plot with some kind of meaning behind it...

The stories were neat, but I would've preferred it if there was an actual story/reason and not just a collection of little ones.

My favorite episode was the one where the lady gave birth to slime and the little fungus children ended up burning their house down. I kind oh wished that episode had occurred earlier in the series, and that Ginko talked with it more :P

Anyways, rated this anime at 8/10. Was really good, but I was kind of unsatisfied.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Dec 5, 2012 5:12 PM

Sep 2011
A great series!

Aoi Bungaku and the Hell Girl trilogy fit the genre in some strong ways... if you haven't seen them, make a point to do it!
Dec 11, 2012 11:45 PM

Jun 2012
Who ever did this anime is a fucking genius. He comes up with something new and out of this world. Every episode was intriguing and entertaining to watch, makes me feels like mushishi really do exist. Dam, just wish there was more. 10/10
Dec 14, 2012 3:50 PM

Oct 2012
really liked the series, most of the episodes entertain me with those good stories and made me philosophy about it.

great anime. 9/10
Jan 6, 2013 5:07 AM

Nov 2010
all i wanted to say, has been said by other posters.
anyway, it was really great. 8/10
Jan 17, 2013 4:40 AM
Jan 2013
It took me a while to figure out that mushi are not actual folklore (i think?). The author made the whole concept of it, which is pretty cool and deserved a 9/10 alone.

Though the story kinda dwindled from a great start, it's still awesome. 8/10
SvengardJan 17, 2013 4:59 AM
Jan 24, 2013 7:06 PM

May 2011
Finally finished it after keeping it on hold for almost a year.

I think I liked about 3 or 4 episodes out of the 26. I was bored as hell for the most part unfortunately. It's just not my kind of anime. :(

6/10
Feb 5, 2013 7:47 AM
Aug 2011
I will give this series a pure 10/10. Probably I will re-watch this in future.
AdramelechFeb 5, 2013 7:50 AM
Feb 5, 2013 1:40 PM

Jan 2012
Well it was really and awesome show. Loved every single episode of it. Not much of an ending, but yet again there was nothing to wrap up. The plot was just fascinating. 10/10 from me without a doubt.

Mar 12, 2013 9:10 AM

Sep 2012
I'm going to miss this anime. One of my favourites and the whole story and episodic stories were beyond amazing.
hypochondriacMar 17, 2013 10:32 AM
May 10, 2013 2:25 PM

Aug 2006
Gosh, I can't believe it took me such a long time to finally watch and finish Mushishi. I started the show with high expectations because many people were raving about it, and I definitely wasn't disappointed. There were a lot of depressing moments, and the fact that I really did feel sad for the characters who only had 20 minutes of screen time meant a great deal to me.

Now I'm off to bug my anime-watching friends to see this asap!
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zippy - Feb 6, 2008

159 by Nuikorakabiri »»
Apr 22, 12:03 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zippy - Feb 2, 2008

157 by hinasuns »»
Mar 21, 7:17 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zippy - Feb 10, 2008

93 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 16, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zippy - Feb 10, 2008

174 by Dragona_8002 »»
Mar 13, 5:47 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zippy - Feb 4, 2008

132 by GeneraalKV2 »»
Mar 13, 1:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.