3It was OK
9.5%
2Disliked it
2.6%
1Hated it
0.9%
Average 4.5
116 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 23, 2014 5:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, fire in the hole.

This episode was amusing and these kid shouldn't play around with objects they have trouble using. Really cute to see Noel trying to cheer up Shione. About time Nonoka and Shione made up too :3
Nov 23, 2014 7:59 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Nonoka and Shione did make up but it was all for nothing on the next day. x_x
Nov 23, 2014 7:59 AM
Dec 2012
Shione is one of my favourite characters so this episode was great :3
Nov 23, 2014 8:03 AM

Jul 2010
Funding to make a planetarium!

Noel glistering at all those tickets, she saying that she can't go is sad.

That fire, MAX POWER! xD

Nonoka leaving the important message to Noel and Noel telling that to Shione.

It was nice to see Shione's perspective and feelings. how she always had waited on the bench :/

>.< Noel was like a little older sister cheering Shione ^^

Seeing the two made up was really nice! Lots of hugs and tears!

Granting the good view... I thought for a second that Noel is going to disappear to make everyone "happy."

Shione with her sudden change in attitude and not wanting to be friends! Noel ;_;
Nov 23, 2014 8:26 AM

Aug 2013
5/5 of course, but...
Don't tell me that Noel will disappear in next episode? :(
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 23, 2014 8:37 AM

Apr 2014
rsc-pl said:
5/5 of course, but...
Don't tell me that Noel will disappear in next episode? :(

Well that's what she hints.
"We will have a great view this year" (of Meteor Shower) so it means the saucer will be moved or disappear with Noel.
Haters always gonna hate.
Nov 23, 2014 8:37 AM

Jan 2012
Shione backtracking at the end there must have something to do with Noel. Annoying, but I figured we had too many episodes left for everything to go that smoothly anyway...

Oh and if Noel really disappeared next episode what would we even do for the last 4?
Nov 23, 2014 8:47 AM

Feb 2014
Yes, they made up for 10 seconds, that's good.
Nov 23, 2014 8:52 AM

May 2013
Definitely happy that Shione and Nonoka were able to make up, but I guess that has gone to waste at the end there.
Nov 23, 2014 8:57 AM
Sep 2007
Love this series, nice and relaxing with a bit of drama.

Anyways, I was glad Shione and Nonoka could make up. Always made me sad they were fighting in a sense. Nonoka should have told her friends she was leaving, but not her fault she left due to her mothers health.

Anyways, guessing Shione backtracked because she probably realized if her and Nonokas wish comes true (watch the meteor shower together) then Noel would vanish. So now she's trying to distance herself from Nonoka. My guess at least.
Nov 23, 2014 9:13 AM
Jul 2018
Ok I liked this episode but I was like "Wtf Noel already told 2 people that she is the saucer and no one gave a damn". Finally Shione realized it at the end of the episode. Now she wants to stop Noel from leaving and that's why she changed her attitude. :(
Poor Noel, I really don't want her to leave but I guess it's inevitable.
Nov 23, 2014 9:28 AM
Oct 2014
I knew this will happen to Noel, at the end of the ED, the group assembled but i see no Noel, the camera moves up but there is no saucer there.... Please dont do this to me... I dont want Noel to leave .
Nov 23, 2014 9:33 AM

Feb 2014
Juhnny said:
Ok I liked this episode but I was like "Wtf Noel already told 2 people that she is the saucer and no one gave a damn". Finally Shione realized it at the end of the episode. Now she wants to stop Noel from leaving and that's why she changed her attitude. :(

Both of them had memories of Noel from way back and she hadn't changed a bit. Considering the saucer is already supernatural it shouldn't come as too much of a shock that she is too.

I have a feeling Noel will indeed leave, but at the end they'll form another summoning circle to bring her back. If they can summon the Saucer once, then why not twice?
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Nov 23, 2014 9:39 AM

Jul 2014
Damn, the people in this anime are sure slow, like way too slow.

I would have loved if they showed us the people' reaction to the saucer when it first appeared, or something similar.

I would also like it if the Saucer and Noel are all a part of the group's imagination, damn that would be cool.
Nov 23, 2014 9:41 AM

Feb 2014
Really loved the remix of last week's ED. I don't want to wait for Christmas for the full version!
We need as much lewdness as we can possibly get. ~ Komine Sachi
Nov 23, 2014 9:43 AM

Jul 2014
If they were just going to backtrack on it 10 seconds later they really may as well not have bothered to have Shione and Nonoka make up at all. That scene where they made up was a powerful scene, but the show has shot itself in the foot here by undermining that moment.

And how on Earth did it take Shione so long to react to Noel saying that she was the saucer? And why the hell does that mean that she and Nonoka can't be friends?

Well, there are 5 episodes left, so it figures that they have to do something to drag this out. After all, this has so far been almost entirely built on the character drama. With that all out of the way, there would only be so much that could be done.
Nov 23, 2014 9:55 AM

Mar 2014
Noel: "I'm the disc."
Nonoka: *fucks given count: -1*
Shione: *currently looking for fucks to spare* Wait... here's some, crap, now I've too many.

And I don't think I've ever seen a character go 180° and then back so fast, that re-introduction was really cute though.
Paulo27Nov 23, 2014 10:13 AM
Nov 23, 2014 10:02 AM

Apr 2010
So they made up and it all ended with her finding out the truth and now they are back to square one?
Guess there relationship is complicated from the start.

Well it will be alright i guess.
Nov 23, 2014 10:20 AM
Jul 2018
Nonoka and Shione did make up.

I never expected that ending.
Nov 23, 2014 10:27 AM

Jul 2013
So she realised that the saucer (thus Noel) would disappear once the meteor shower comes; not wanting this to happen she cuts her ties with Nonoka again? Either for Noel's sake, or because she's angry at Nonoka for not realising such a thing.
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Nov 23, 2014 10:28 AM
Jul 2018
xytech said:
Juhnny said:

Both of them had memories of Noel from way back and she hadn't changed a bit. Considering the saucer is already supernatural it shouldn't come as too much of a shock that she is too.

I have a feeling Noel will indeed leave, but at the end they'll form another summoning circle to bring her back. If they can summon the Saucer once, then why not twice?

Yes but shouldn't they be a little bit surprised at least? They never expected to call a girl with it. xD
I hope you're right. :/
Nov 23, 2014 10:36 AM

Jun 2014
I hate Shione ..
Nov 23, 2014 10:50 AM

Jun 2010
Nov 23, 2014 10:56 AM
Oct 2014
Seriously what does the fox in the observatory has to do with the whole series..... No ppl gives a single fuq about it now lol
Nov 23, 2014 11:10 AM

Aug 2013
dude, i love SnM so much

I've never really watched an anime that's main huge focus is friendship, but this anime just hits me in the feels each week.

I had been craving that Shione x Nonoka moment, then the ending happens and Shione is worried about Noel and I'm just trying to prepare my heart for next weeks' feels lol
Nov 23, 2014 12:57 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode. None of them think that Noel being an ageless alien is strange.
Nov 23, 2014 1:14 PM

Feb 2008
Oh man they just end it like episode like that .
It make me wonder what will happen on next episode.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 23, 2014 1:20 PM

Oct 2013
I concur with other posters that Shione might be trying to keep Noel from leaving, and that is why she steps back from renewing her friendship with Nonoka at the last minute.

This was another really good episode.
Nov 23, 2014 2:06 PM

Mar 2010
Yep she wants noel to not leave... I wonder what Nonoka is going to do now to 'mend' their relationship. Its still strange to see Shione smile though.
Nov 23, 2014 3:48 PM

Mar 2013
Shione episode,
i thought they finally made up and then
this ending.....

Noel is to cute, I wait to the upcoming episodes
just to see her.
Nov 23, 2014 4:46 PM

Jan 2011
Good episode but funny that two shows this season had planetariums being made in fact they were only a week apart!
Nov 23, 2014 4:54 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
When Souta got swerved hard by Yuzuki at the bus stop, I thought he'd just sit there like a spineless dude; but he paid back soon after pretty well!

What type of weak bulb were they using for the planetarium? Max power shouldn't have been able to cause fire at the very least.
Koharu's late reinforcement was pretty funny; especially how Souta screamed just before getting splashed. XD

Shione probably doesn't like the group at all; saying "Did we really call that saucer?" and leaving the room without further words proves it. Either that, or she was just having a bad day. Or simply, she was being melodramatic like most of the characters.

Nonoka's flashback was nice. More than her conversation with Noel, I loved the background OST! It automatically gave me some feels! Skip to 11:45 & 12:12 to listen to it.

Leave it to Noel to comfort and convince Shione. Headphone Actor admits that it was her fault that she couldn't trust Nonoka fully.

Nonoka and Shione finally makes up by confessing their sin of forgetting about her friends and being distrustful to her beloved friend, respectively.
When Shione was asking to be friends with Nonoka again, I couldn't help but think she sounded like Hase Yuuki from "Isshuukan Friends."; which made me laugh out loud a bit. XD

Too bad, Shione turned 180° right next morning and rejects Nonoka once again. All those meaningful emotional conversation between two friends from last night; gone in an instant! Sasuga Headphone Actor.

Decent episode. Jokes aside, I think Shione has a legit reason to tell Nonoka that she can't be together with her anymore and it's most likely related to Noel somehow. It's been hinted from the start that she would disappear in the end anyways.
VindstotNov 23, 2014 4:58 PM

Nov 23, 2014 4:55 PM

Jan 2013
They are all friends now.
But she took a while to figure out what Noel had said.
The ending was obviously to avoid Noel disappearance. Which most likely will happen :(
Nov 23, 2014 5:04 PM

Jun 2013
Another great Episode!!! I really wish people would give this anime more love XD
Nov 23, 2014 5:41 PM
Nov 2013
Glad Nonoka and Shione made up. But those hints at Noel leaving are very strong, maybe that's why Shione cut her ties with Nonoka. I don't want Noel to leave :(
Nov 23, 2014 6:38 PM

Mar 2014
Well someone finally cares about how Noel is the SAUCER. That's probably the reason why Shione went total tsundere on Nonoka and said "Can't be your friend anymore peace out."~ , but I was hoping Nonoka could get another slap like before that would be priceless. Nonoka will still probably my least favorite character in this show due to her blindness to the world and people around her.
Nov 23, 2014 6:59 PM

Aug 2014
that ending though! first they made up as friends again! and now shione can not be together with nonoko?! next ep will noel say goodbye and then the saucer will be gone? can't wait for next episode!
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Nov 24, 2014 12:35 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Paulo27 said:
Noel: "I'm the disc."
Nonoka: *fucks given count: -1*
Shione: *currently looking for fucks to spare* Wait... here's some, crap, now I've too many.

Lol seriously. I'm with people here that it's weird how both of them pretty much had zero reaction to what Noel said. Well except the ending. I mean yeah they accept that they called a saucer, but that doesn't mean they it's shouldn't be a surprise or worry that Noel is the saucer (again, wtv that means. She can't literally be the saucer and Noel at the same time unless she's a human projection of the saucer or the saucer is a part of her/she is part of the saucer. Which does not equate to her being the saucer. Okay so maybe that's too complicated for Noel to say or think). At least give me some reaction dammit.

Shione's drama with Nonoka was somewhat understandable, how she doesn't want to lose trust again. Trust issues I can understand, but she still went way too far with her slap, something that I will always remember. Being rude to Nonoka may have been some sort of defense mechanism, but being violent to any completely harmless person is a no-no.

Needs more Souta. Planetarium was pretty btw.
Nov 24, 2014 11:33 AM

Dec 2012
So they made up but then the next day it all went to waste...
I'm assuming it *somehow* has to do with Noel or smt~
Nov 24, 2014 12:54 PM

Jun 2013
Ok first off I started the episode thinking "did I miss an episode?" I hate when that happens, did everyone just suddenly know that Noel was the saucer? If I missed something then thats just me being stupid, but I don't think they ever mentioned it even though it was suggested.

I thought Shione had something against Nonoka because something big happened between them, but it turns out it wasnt really anything. Shione was just a bitch because she's a bitch.

This was a good episode I guess, the only good episode of this series so far. I will admit the planetarium scene was super beautiful, I'm a sucker for those thingies. Makes me want to bust out my own again.
Nov 24, 2014 4:52 PM
Jul 2018
Why does nobody care that Noel is the saucer? Why does Shione think she has to end the friendship to keep Noel? If Noel was the one going to let them see the meteor shower, why not just say "yo, Noel, we made up... you don't have to move your disc self out of the way anymore..."?

And, after 8 episodes, I still feel all weird that people were pissed at Nonoka leaving in the first place because OF HER DYING MOTHER.

Yet I still watch and relatively enjoy.
Nov 24, 2014 5:55 PM

Jun 2013

+1 moe point to Shione for some good character development and a pretty sad story. The feels is inching its way there. I can... feel it...
Nov 24, 2014 7:24 PM

Jun 2014
kira-factor said:
Love this series, nice and relaxing with a bit of drama.

Anyways, I was glad Shione and Nonoka could make up. Always made me sad they were fighting in a sense. Nonoka should have told her friends she was leaving, but not her fault she left due to her mothers health.

Anyways, guessing Shione backtracked because she probably realized if her and Nonokas wish comes true (watch the meteor shower together) then Noel would vanish. So now she's trying to distance herself from Nonoka. My guess at least.

OOOOH! I didn't even think of that. If thats the case, it makes a TON of sense. Damn this show. ITS JUST TOO GOOD.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Nov 25, 2014 2:49 AM

Feb 2014
Just when Shione and Nonoka made up, straight after they already broke up. :'(
The scene with the planetarium was quite touching. It was a beautiful sight.
:)
Nov 25, 2014 11:17 AM

Nov 2013
wow,talk about an unexpected development. 5 minutes ago they say they`re gonna be friends again..and then..POOF..they can`t be friends anymore..WHAAAT? :)))
This is where I`d put my signature...If i had one.
Nov 25, 2014 9:05 PM

Aug 2012
Kyandesu said:

And, after 8 episodes, I still feel all weird that people were pissed at Nonoka leaving in the first place because OF HER DYING MOTHER.
Not even that, the reason she doesn't remember anything is because of her trauma, yet she's been treated like shit for forgetting. Yuzuki had no way of knowing(I think?) but Shione knew everything. So she should have known/understood why she forgot and didn't come back.

I like Shione's side of the story muuuch better than Yuzuki, but once again there's a huge disconnect that makes it hard to feel the emotion being conveyed. The show just really leaves a lot out on the table.
Nov 26, 2014 4:57 AM

Oct 2013
THAT WAS SO TOUCHING. The melodrama was still stupid (although admittedly less so than usual), so why did I feel the feels?!

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 26, 2014 11:31 AM

Feb 2013
She doesnt pay much attention to conversations does she, well to be fair neither do I :')
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Nov 26, 2014 6:50 PM
Apr 2011
Oh my god, this is SO boring. It was pretty good at first, and the animation is great, so I started, but urggggghhh it's so uninteresting...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2014

116 by SlammyHammy »»
Nov 2, 2023 6:38 PM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2014

97 by Bakunoaato »»
Aug 4, 2023 12:38 PM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2014

64 by florin2v36 »»
Oct 4, 2022 5:28 AM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2014

118 by hacker09 »»
Jan 1, 2022 12:52 PM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2014

78 by Kanezushi »»
Apr 19, 2021 8:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.