Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 15, 2014 3:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp the fighting continues...and it looks like Sofya dominates.

And it also looks like Titta is possessed by Tir Na Fal. Poor Tigre, he got injured...seriously he needs to be careful on the battlefield. No, I don't think he will die from being tired from the fight but that's definitely going to leave him in quite a bad shape.

Not bad for his shooting skills though this episode. I'm actually impressed by Tigre's ability for using the Black Bow.
Stark700Nov 15, 2014 4:05 AM
Nov 15, 2014 6:44 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
The battle with Roland is already over, and I'm still bothered by this pacing... >_>
Nov 15, 2014 7:01 AM

Dec 2013
Titta forcefully being stripped.

She probably didn't know she got possessed right? Must have thought Tigre is trying to rape her or something.

Anyway Tigre always remind me of Yona from Akatsuki no Yona.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Nov 15, 2014 7:15 AM

Mar 2013
Benphyre said:

She probably didn't know she got possessed right? Must have thought Tigre is trying to rape her or something.

They screwed that part up slightly due to the way they've rushed this series, Titta is actually from a family of
, in the novels she didn't have any memories of been possessed but guesses thats what had happened she didn't overreact and cry about it either.

In the novels
TyrelNov 16, 2014 2:02 PM

Nov 15, 2014 7:15 AM

Aug 2010
No bees this ep :O

U gotta admit Roland is BA :3 And so is Tigre.

Pacing still as lol as ever XD
Nov 15, 2014 7:23 AM

Dec 2013
Newhopes said:

They screwed that part up slightly due to the way they've rushed this series, Titta is actually from a family of shrine maidens and is one herself which is the why Tir na fa could use her as a medium to talk to Tigre, in the novels she didn't have any memories of been possessed but guesses thats what had happened she didn't overreact and cry about it either.

I guess that explains it. They totally skipped a lot of content. I was wondering why is Titta screaming like that.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Nov 15, 2014 7:25 AM

Jun 2014
Roland for me is the most badass char in this anime so far, the beast.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2014 7:26 AM

Mar 2013
The Fight with Roland was ok, but end to fast same as everything on this series,
Tigre get new bow skills, look like it will take time until he fully recover.
Ellen cant let Tigre go - "you belong to me" X every second of the episode :)
decent episode this time - 4/10
Nov 15, 2014 7:27 AM

Sep 2012
The pacing feels so strange.
Oh god who are you people?
Nov 15, 2014 7:33 AM

Apr 2013
Newhopes said:
Benphyre said:

They screwed that part up slightly due to the way they've rushed this series, Titta is actually from a family of shrine maidens and is one herself which is the why Tir na fa could use her as a medium to talk to Tigre, in the novels she didn't have any memories of been possessed but guesses thats what had happened she didn't overreact and cry about it either.

In the novels Tigre actually borrowed the power from both Ellens and Sofya Vralt to beat Roland and he was half dead while doing so.

man this shoul have been 26 episodes.

and if this would have meant super slow pacing they could have instead used the extra episodes to expand on the battles.

was a decent episode
Nov 15, 2014 7:36 AM

Dec 2011
Although I still bothered with the pace, I believe that will read the LNs.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2014 7:45 AM

Jul 2010
Tigre getting powers from a goddess.

Roland being able to go against so much people at once was pretty cool. Also how he admitted his weakness and surrendered.

Things are going fast though I have nothing to refer to, I just don't feel the "grand" feeling that I thought I would get while watching this.
Nov 15, 2014 7:45 AM

Mar 2013
xSanox said:
Newhopes said:

In the novels Tigre actually borrowed the power from both Ellens and Sofya Vralt to beat Roland and he was half dead while doing so.

and if this would have meant super slow pacing they could have instead used the extra episodes to expand on the battles.

was a decent episode

They've already cut two full battles from the anime including the one against Ganelons forces just before Roland arrived which was when they dammed the river.

They've also cut alot of the back story which is hooked up into the whole over arching story, like the part about the frist king of Zhcted who gave the dragon tools to the frist vanadis who claimed he was a black dragon and how the vanadis are chosen the worlds gods ETC.

Just the frist arc would have made a great 26 episode series, real shame really.
NewhopesNov 15, 2014 7:54 AM

Nov 15, 2014 7:48 AM

Jan 2014
Hey, the pacing this epi...
*VROOOOOOOM*
And the pacing just zoomed by me
Nov 15, 2014 8:05 AM

Feb 2014
Tigre is a bit crazy, but it worked I guess, I expected the fight with Roland would end with him dying, but looks like he just surrenders... oh well.
Nov 15, 2014 8:33 AM

Dec 2013
Meh. The plot is weak and the ecchi is weak.
Nov 15, 2014 8:56 AM

Oct 2013
The episode was better than the previous.
Nov 15, 2014 9:00 AM

May 2013
Tigre just received a new power. Well, they finally defeated Roland with his Durandal. Nothing much to talk about.
Nov 15, 2014 9:16 AM
Dec 2011
Newhopes said:
xSanox said:

was a decent episode

They've already cut two full battles from the anime including the one against Ganelons forces just before Roland arrived which was when they dammed the river.

They've also cut alot of the back story which is hooked up into the whole over arching story, like the part about the frist king of Zhcted who gave the dragon tools to the frist vanadis who claimed he was a black dragon and how the vanadis are chosen the worlds gods ETC.

Just the frist arc would have made a great 26 episode series, real shame really.

MF Bunko J never made 2 cour series, i was hoped maybe Vanadis would be first one come with 2 cour when the TV anime announced, but nah, they still using same strategy.
Nov 15, 2014 9:56 AM
Jul 2018
The battle with Roland is finally over.

Tigre and others thought they will lost the fight, but luckily Roland had surrendered, Roland is really one tough opponent!
Nov 15, 2014 10:56 AM

Dec 2011
Freaking Roland's really strong...

Mashas... bro T.T

Damn, Tigre ain't doing well at all with that wound of his.

So His Majesty went nuts over the loss of his beloved son.

Tigre finally opened his eyes and is awake T.T

Dem tactics doe...

Titta has been possessed by a goddess :o

Dat arrow doe... making Titta almost fully naked :3

Two war maidens can't defeat Roland... lol...

Freaking hell... can nobody stop Roland... oh wait, it seems he admits defeat and surrendered.

Damn, Tigre fainted once again T.T
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Nov 15, 2014 11:26 AM

Jan 2014
Some may call Roland a...

Dark Knight.
Nov 15, 2014 12:42 PM
Sep 2014
I am completely disappointed how they are adapting this anime. Well may be as standalone it may not be that bad but in my opinion its just a horrible adaption like FSN or FSN UBW movie. They already removed two important battle now this battle is cut short. It just feels stupid that silver meteor army lost miserably last time but this time they achieve overwhelming victory just because of mud even though Knight used their battle proven crescent formation this time. The plot looses all dept because of their meaningless mutilation, they even removed foreshadowing about Tigre's black bow, as a light novel reader I think it is related to why the series is called "The King of the Magic Bullet". Also Lim lost all character development.

Well I said too much but as a fan of the light novel I just needed to vent my frustration.
55UiM10Nov 15, 2014 2:52 PM
Nov 15, 2014 1:52 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Roland's sword is one mighty weapon. Still Tigre took him down.

Cannot wait to see them fight Thenardier head on.

Wish they made this 2 cour so the adaption would flow better.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 15, 2014 1:55 PM
Nov 2014
So to all who haven't seen the manga or the light novel: What do you think of the series so far? It is rushed, thought that's pretty much unavoidable. Wish they made a 24 episode series instead of 13.

Hopefully the story still flows with all that they had to delete. A lot of character development and interactions were cut out though.
Nov 15, 2014 2:16 PM

Jan 2013
Hum... they sure are skipping some stuff, it looks obvious now.
I guess they only cared about animating the battles, but at least they could make them longer.
Nov 15, 2014 2:24 PM
Nov 2014
He was given new power but it was not at all impressive. It seems like the same power being shot differently. I wonder how he will begin to own it...
Nov 15, 2014 5:12 PM

Mar 2013
HazukashiiDesu said:
Meh. The plot is weak and the ecchi is weak.

I agree. The ecchi is weak. The plot has all the potential (according to the light novel readers) but never has the chance to realize it due to time constraints.
Nov 15, 2014 5:44 PM
Nov 2010
A long while ago I read about 3 chapters of this show and loved it, then heard that it was becoming an anime so i stopped reading. Now that I watch it I feel as if I'm missing major parts of the story as if during the show im dosing off and missing explanations. After this episode I was fed up with it (but still gonna watch cause overall I like it) and came to this thread. On to the main point, the goddess in this episode was suppose to give him power but from what I saw and the subs I read it looked like he had it before he even shot the bow. Where did that power come from?

Tldr: Just when the hell did he come to accept that he feels he can use magic? So far the senki have been around so he could ignore it saying they did it IIRC but this time it was just him.
Nov 15, 2014 5:53 PM
Dec 2011
55UiM10 said:
Also Lim lost all character development.

Go watch Tigre-kun to Vanadi-chu
Nov 15, 2014 6:03 PM

Apr 2010
So in the end the enemy lost the question is does Tigre still have enough forces to engage tho other enemies as the clearly send out that knight to weaken him and to buy time.
This means they are probably planning to do more towards Tigre army in order to weaken and delay him.
And it's clear they have control of the kingdom and do everything in there power to take out their enemies Tigre has a hard opponent against him.
Nov 15, 2014 6:04 PM

Oct 2013
Roland is badass.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 15, 2014 6:35 PM

Mar 2012
Usually I try to hold off on reading the LN before I finish the adaptation (though in this case I'd already read a few volumes of the LN before the adaptation was announced), but for this series it actually doesn't hurt to read the LN before watching the anime because then you can fill in the gaps as you watch. Plus, this is a good series to watch to visualize the battles, maneuvers, and special effects from the LN. So I highly recommend those of you who're just watching to go ahead and catch up on the LN.
Nov 15, 2014 8:31 PM

Aug 2013
Tiger on the verge of death, even then was behind a large power, but it surprised me Roland be so strong
I felt that the episode went by quickly even with many explanations and not so many battles
I expect more battles in the next episode and know that power was this that Tiger got ..
Nov 15, 2014 8:44 PM

Jun 2013
Good episode, Im interested on how next episode will continue though :)
Nov 15, 2014 9:18 PM

Sep 2011
1 againts 3? roland is a strong dude & tigre got a goddess power.
Nov 15, 2014 9:49 PM

Apr 2013

Well, we finally got the showdown that we were waiting for since last episode. Unfortunately with dat rushing, I didn't get the full effect of the battle between Roland and the War Maidens and Tigre. I have no clue what happened with Tigre's new "power" but I'm assuming it was somehow incorporated into his attack (which looked the same). Still, it was a boss battle and I look forward to the future ass-kicking of Duke Thenadier. I just wish this show had a few more episodes...
Nov 15, 2014 11:26 PM

Apr 2011
Decent episode even thought they cut a lot of scenes from the LN.

Oh well. Best to read the LN afterwards.
Nov 16, 2014 12:36 AM

Jun 2014
I feel like this show has lost something somewhere... I was LOVING IT at first, but now... IDK something seems off.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Nov 16, 2014 12:51 AM

Aug 2013
While I still find this show entertaining, I'm a little saddened that both this and Trinity Seven are not quite living to my less than high standards.
Nov 16, 2014 12:55 AM

Jul 2008
I'm glad to see Roland able to take on 2 war maidens at the same time given that he is a mortal and both girls were using powerful arts against him :)
Nov 16, 2014 9:48 AM

Feb 2013
Titta needs to burn, so fucking clingy.
This anime reminds me of kamidori alchemy meister.
sofya is serawi
elenora is Yuela
lourie is emelita
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Nov 16, 2014 11:14 AM
Nov 2014
shirozuki said:
Titta needs to burn, so fucking clingy.
This anime reminds me of kamidori alchemy meister.
sofya is serawi
elenora is Yuela
lourie is emelita

You cant apply Western "dating" standards and cultures to a Japanese show.
Nov 16, 2014 2:43 PM

Jun 2008
it feels like there is a lot of wasted potential here because of low budget and limited episodes which is sad.
Nov 16, 2014 5:28 PM

Sep 2014
I like this show a lot of people are putting it down but I find it really entertaining.
Nov 16, 2014 5:42 PM

Mar 2013
Carefree859 said:
I like this show a lot of people are putting it down but I find it really entertaining.

Problem is it could have been a top notch series....

Nov 16, 2014 7:11 PM

Jul 2012
Holy Crap! Roland is a beast!

Roland took the war maidens attack and negated them like nothing. He took Tigre mighty arrow head on and was still standing without the use of his arms.

Great episode!!!
Nov 17, 2014 3:20 PM

Jun 2008
Newhopes said:
Carefree859 said:

Yeah that is what is frustrating. If they bothered a little bit more this could have been quite awesome and now is just ok and getting worse which is disappointing.
It started good but this last episodes showed how the company making it isn't very serious about it. As i said, wasted potential.
Nov 17, 2014 3:46 PM

Mar 2013
Monad said:
Newhopes said:

Yeah that is what is frustrating. If they bothered a little bit more this could have been quite awesome and now is just ok and getting worse which is disappointing.
It started good but this last episodes showed how the company making it isn't very serious about it. As i said, wasted potential.

This is a case of the novel company telling the studio they have to cram in 26 episodes worth of content into 13 with a very limited budget, I am actually fairly impressed with how the studio has handled it so far even though its rushed to hell the basic story line is or less still understandable.

Nov 17, 2014 6:18 PM

Jul 2013
Anyone who likes Titta and wants her to end up with Tigre needs to stop and take a long look at their decisions in life.
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

181 by Talamare »»
Mar 28, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

141 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Oct 7, 2023 2:01 PM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

277 by Apratim »»
Jul 11, 2023 12:49 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

81 by Overcast93 »»
Dec 29, 2022 7:52 AM

Poll: » Madan no Ou to Vanadis Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

72 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 23, 2022 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.