Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 13, 2014 12:57 PM

Feb 2013
That was wierd but fun:')
dat demon king scene.
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Nov 13, 2014 5:59 PM
Nov 2013
They won't continue the development of Andou and Tomoyo? Well, that's pretty disappointing. It seems like everything about the last episode was forgotten lol. Terrible.
Nov 13, 2014 8:26 PM

Dec 2011
The game at the start is pretty cool. Although I think the whole episode felt a little boring. Maybe because less of the other cast?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2014 12:44 AM

Feb 2012
Kryki said:
Plot twist: Dark and Dark is the most OP power in the series.
I've had this feeling since the first episode. Maybe he's not afraid of their powers cuz he's secretly holding his back.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2014 12:49 AM

Jul 2012
i guess jurai's dark and dark is overpowered and he intentionally hides this fact, sayumi said that he's aware of how dangerous their powers are ..
jjampzzNov 14, 2014 12:58 AM
Nov 14, 2014 1:12 AM

Dec 2010
Well this was a nice diversionary episode, but like others have said it feels kind of out of place with where the last episode ended.

Sayumi is my least favorite of the characters in this show, but she still gets her chance to shine, plus she does look good in glasses!
Nov 14, 2014 2:47 AM

Sep 2014
no op huh

cringed at use of the word feminism
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Nov 14, 2014 3:43 AM

May 2013
Sayumi episode. To be honest, I didn't much appreciated Sayumi from the start. Since she got her episode, I'm a little relieved that she has good intentions for the Literature Club.
Hatoko's episode next week! Can't wait!
Nov 14, 2014 4:03 AM

May 2009
Darstorm-Sandude said:
no op huh

Translator at CR went full retard.
フェミニスト should be translated as "gentleman".
Nov 14, 2014 8:08 AM

Sep 2014
Great episode Andou showing off his epic uselessness again and Sayumi having her story told interesting episode.
Nov 14, 2014 11:02 AM

Jun 2014
Oh yay! We get another look at how they all reacted to getting their powers. I hope they go through this with each character, how they felt about it and such.
Next week looks to be a bit of more serious drama.
Did they change the day this show airs on BTW? I could have sworn it was Monday....

And yeah, I'm calling it, when Andou's power fully awakens, its going to be BADASS. Also reserving magical girl power outcome... Just cause.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Nov 14, 2014 11:35 AM

Dec 2011
Andou looked pretty cool dressed as the demon lord XD.

Awwww, it was all for his birthday T.T

Dem tears doe...

So Sayumi is from a rich family eh.

Sayumi blushing and her lil sister Maiya were really cute :3

Andou getting his ass kicked XD.

Ah, so something not quite pleasant happened with the middle school student council.

LOL, she actually felt sleepy XD.

Andou... such a nice guy T.T

Nice ending and that the episode focused on Sayumi.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Nov 14, 2014 5:55 PM

May 2014
Harem mode activated! Hmm was hoping it wouldn't get to this, but I'm sure it'll still be good. Not quite as enjoyable, but still pretty close.
Nov 14, 2014 6:36 PM

Mar 2014
Rebelhero said:
Did they change the day this show airs on BTW? I could have sworn it was Monday.....

It was announced in advance that Inou Battle was being temporarily moved to Wednesdays in Japan for the first two weeks of November (don't know why). It looks like it should be back in its regular Monday timeslot again starting next week.
Nov 14, 2014 8:21 PM

May 2014
If next episode they're returning to what happened in the end of last episode, why did they split it and put an episode for Sayumi in between?

Sayumi with glasses :D
Nov 14, 2014 8:27 PM
Oct 2010
A perfectionist ex-student council president big sister and a tomboyish little sister who is a spitting image of Ryuuko. Hur hur hur.
Nov 15, 2014 11:07 AM

Jun 2008
The soundtrack was awesome in this episode!

So is there more to Dark and Dark? Will Andou actually release his full potential?
Nov 15, 2014 12:27 PM

May 2013
animefan8800 said:
This week was a Sayumi episode as expected, and she really does look different with glasses. Guess Andou's got another for his harem huh? :D Her little sister was a pretty enjoyable character too.

Judging by the preview for next week though it seems we're going back to the Hatoko and Tomoyo drama from last week. If so I'm not really sure why they felt the need to break those two episodes up with this week's kinda felt like an odd staging choice, but oh well. :D

I'd have to agree, it would make more sense to air these dramatic segments sequentially in most situations. However, if you were Hatoko and you saw this, do you really think you would immediately confront Tomoyo? They're good friends and Hatoko seems to be a fairly kind character. Chronologically and characteristically it would make sense for other events to occur before she confronts Tomoyo, although I suppose they could just have put in a small time lapse or even aired episodes outside of chronological order, although the later option wouldn't apply very well in this series and the former wouldn't be quite as interesting.

So while it makes more sense from a production stand point to have aired this episode before last weeks (it would make it easier to follow the progression of the drama), I think it also makes some sense that they would want to place this episode in between the two. Also, it cuts some of the intensity of the drama which works well with the lighthearted, endearing nature of the show. Certainly, I wouldn't want the show to become suffocatingly filled with drama.

I hope that when they find their friendship tested by this drama they will come out better friends than ever: they shouldn't let a guy come between them. I'm fairly interested, however, in how the show's examination of the uselessness of superpowers (in the more meaningful parts of life) will come into play within this dramatic segment.

It it also quite possible that I'm looking to far into it :P.

In any case, this was a good episode. I enjoyed it more for the endearing moments than anything else; it's one of the more meaningful shows this season and I enjoy it for that.
Nov 16, 2014 1:46 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

One more point to vote for this episode, because the authors have managed to mess me up ideas with this narrative.
Episode that catapults the story to a point not yet analyzed immediately, I like others who were waiting for this episode to enjoy the strange situation that had arisen between Andou, Tomoyo and Hatoko, gathered spectators of a show entirely disconnected from history since there told.
Narrative that you can charge the only defect, he always Andou as MC.
I'd planned this episode at a different time, but you see that they wanted to give some originality to the narrative.
Sufficient drawings, animations no maximum.
Who knows if this will succeed anime to surprise me again.
Nov 16, 2014 10:12 AM

Jul 2010
Well, Sayumi is probably my favorite girl in this show but I fairly liked the previous episode more, actually I find Tomoyo a little more appealing and interesting as heroine.

Anyway, what's important is that next episode we're gonna see some good drama.
Nov 16, 2014 12:05 PM

Aug 2013
I had a bit of difficulties of understanding what those filtered scene were supposed to be, but it all made sense in the end.

Sayumi was sooo cute this episode. Man, if I wasn't sold to Tomoyo, I could have fallen for her :P

It was interesting to get more information about Sayumi, since she was pretty faded since the beginning. Also, why is Andou so perfect??
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 16, 2014 7:50 PM

Jun 2014
bastek66 said:
Darstorm-Sandude said:
no op huh

Well, all makes sense now.
Nov 16, 2014 9:31 PM

Oct 2011
Andou the Hero <3

Happy Birthday

She tries to convince Andou to get rid of her powers but it didn't work.

Sayumi trying to perfect. I can relate to that.

Oh she has been smitten by Andou.

Back to Hatoko next time. Preparing for the feels.
Nov 17, 2014 5:53 PM

Mar 2014
Much more serious episode than i thought it was going to be.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Nov 17, 2014 11:09 PM

Jan 2011
It seems strange to get the serious episodes after such a light beginning. There still seem to be some loose-ends lying around regarding earlier events too. I like the show, but I can't help expecting some sort of Trigger wtf moment to occur (and kind of hoping that it does...)
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 19, 2014 4:33 AM

Aug 2010
Hm, I wonder if this episode had a different director from usual? The narrative felt disjointed and the flow was abrupt. In the case of out of sequence scenes it's doubly important to pay attention to connecting the events. A real shame, I like Sayumi and would have preferred to enjoy her episode as opposed to constantly feeling there was something wrong. 3/5.
Nov 29, 2014 9:45 PM

Sep 2013
"If I were a girl, I might have just fallen for you, Sayumi-san"

Someone care to explain what that even means? Haha
Dec 2, 2014 12:58 PM

Apr 2013
Loved this episode. I was the least sold on Sayumi amongst all the girls in the beginning of the series but she really got a chance to shine with her own episode here. And she looks amazing with dem glasses/megane. Best girl (for now).
Dec 9, 2014 7:09 AM

Jan 2014
It took me 3 times to watch this episode without falling asleep. Some episodes you just can't watch tired, especially ones with flashbacks every other scene.

Now on to the rest of my backlogged airing anime.
Dec 21, 2014 6:48 PM
Feb 2011
2/5
Jan 8, 2015 9:43 PM

Aug 2013
Oh Sayumi's episode,
The mix with flashbacks was quite nice.
Feels a bit off though because maybe the atmosphere doesn't suit this anime.
It's heartwarming but not much to laugh at.
Next episode seems interesting.
Jan 9, 2015 2:51 PM

May 2012
Pretty nice episode, a bit slow but still quite nice! Let's see what's next.
Jan 27, 2015 2:50 AM

Oct 2009
Sayumi's sister is obviously best girl >_>
Feb 13, 2015 5:15 AM

Jun 2011
Who was it that thought it's a good idea to direct an episode this way?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 17, 2015 4:56 AM

Aug 2014
sayumi's younger sister is opposite of her attitude^^haha what if sayumi is the student council president?
Mar 1, 2015 4:05 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, I'm not very fond of this episode... it somehow felt weak in terms of writing and they really didn't tell Sayumi's background well... I dunno, like it was rushed or something, with unnecessary parts left in. It felt like they are making characters tell the story without any second thought of their emotions and considering their personalities. In the end it lacked needed impact. Boring you could say.
Not to mention that whole premise wasn't interesting much and overall pacing wasn't good either.
Mar 11, 2015 2:15 AM

Sep 2014
Best girl Sayumi taking the spotlight, dem glasses <3
Andou showing his mature side again nice
"if I were a girl, I might have just fallen for you, Sayumi san" wtf
May 3, 2015 12:19 AM

Nov 2012
If this was an actual romance drama, hell, I have no idea what would happen.
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
May 23, 2015 6:07 AM

Jan 2008
That RPG intro tho. XD

Gotta agree with most, Andou's chant really is cool.

Next up is Hatoko-chan.
Sep 22, 2015 9:37 AM

Feb 2013
That's the best birthday present ever.
Sep 26, 2015 11:09 PM

Aug 2009
too much talking for my liking

good to finally see kudou again

meh ep
Oct 2, 2015 6:11 AM

Mar 2014
The Hero's Plot .
Surely , Maturity is appreciated .
Etiquette of a raised woman .
Glad Mirei is doing fine.
State of Naturalization . GREAT EPISODE !!! SHIPS !!
Oct 6, 2015 9:37 AM

Nov 2013
Amalekite said:
bastek66 said:

Well, all makes sense now.

*cough You do know that フェミニスト is pronounced as "Fe-mi-ni-su-to.".
I'm sure he was being sarcastic.
マンコ means "Graceful" btw.
Also, I usually hate anime characters with glasses..(Nanase from Macross.)(The book girl from TWOGK) but Sayumi is fantastic with glasses.
Also, she kinda reminds me of Utaha Kasumigaoka, am I the only one?
Aug 16, 2016 9:52 PM

Dec 2014
Almost every anime that I have watched has some deep and strong lessons to teach sandwiched between gags ,comedies, action,etc.
This is my most favourite excuse(reason in particular) to keep watching anime of any genre.

Jan 2, 2017 4:03 AM

Dec 2013
Sayumi looks really nice with glasses :)
Apr 13, 2017 3:30 PM

May 2015
Sayumi with glasses, she is so cute!
May 29, 2017 12:27 AM

Sep 2011
At the beginning I was a bit confused because I was just watching it all relaxed and stuff, but once I actually 100% paid attention it all made sense.

As for the episode as a whole, not bad actually. I like how it concluded.
Aug 16, 2017 10:47 PM

Mar 2015
At first I thought I watched the wrong episode, like what happened to the whole Hatoko watching Tomoyo on a date thing? I thought it'd flow better if that's in this episode and put Sayumi on the next one.

May 8, 2018 12:16 PM

Apr 2013
This episode was really messy and the comedy was kinda cut short. Weakest episode so far.
May 5, 2021 11:51 PM

Jun 2020
Quite the unusual introduction of a game from the start didn't believe that Sayumi made that mostly she's talented, neat for a surprise for Andou

Mostly this episode focuses on Sayumi which was I'm waiting for and I'm happy that it finally happened we got more Sayumi scenes in this series

It was quite wholesome Andou and Sayumi talked to each other with meaning and some bits from the past were brought upon today that ending though what do you have in mind Sayumi.

wait...oh no...

KanezushiMay 6, 2021 2:51 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2014

248 by Gin_Okuri-inu »»
Apr 14, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Best girl

q1w2e3r4t5 - Mar 26, 2019

7 by Piromysl »»
Apr 13, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2014

297 by Olticul »»
Mar 19, 11:33 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2014

109 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 30, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

115 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 30, 6:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.