Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 12, 2014 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, that was quite amusing. It felt like the show took on a RPG-like setting with the characters at least for a moment anyways.

Well the episode focused more on Sayumi. I'm glad it did though since it showed a more serious side of her character. That DARK and DARK is amusing though; Amusingly useless
Nov 12, 2014 12:01 PM

Dec 2013
Plot twist: Dark and Dark is the most OP power in the series.

Nov 12, 2014 12:06 PM

Jan 2014
Best. VN. Ever.

Nov 12, 2014 12:09 PM

Dec 2011
Chuunibyou style chants don't work well in actual battles do they?

Took a while to figure out what was flashback and what wasn't.

Andou really is a great guy isn't he?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 12, 2014 12:18 PM

Jan 2012
This week was a Sayumi episode as expected, and she really does look different with glasses. Guess Andou's got another for his harem huh? :D Her little sister was a pretty enjoyable character too.

Judging by the preview for next week though it seems we're going back to the Hatoko and Tomoyo drama from last week. If so I'm not really sure why they felt the need to break those two episodes up with this week's kinda felt like an odd staging choice, but oh well. :D
Nov 12, 2014 12:19 PM

Dec 2009
So best girl Sayumi takes the spotlight today.

Andou again shows how mature he actual is underneath the chuunibyou exterior. It's no wonder the girls in the literature club like him. Sayumi included. And even Mirei who finally shows up again.

A lack of Hatoko reaction from the last episode was surprising though. They could have easily moved this episode to 5 and the last episode to this one and I think it would make more sense judging by the preview. Andou has shown us he can handle situations involving the women in his life, but I feel Hatoko is going to be a completely different hurdle entirely.

Tears incoming
blazeheroNov 12, 2014 12:24 PM
Nov 12, 2014 12:27 PM

Jul 2010
Oh, no opening song, I guess it's because of Sayumi route being longer, so on to Hatoko route.
yeo
Nov 12, 2014 12:32 PM

Sep 2013
I thought Sayumi was the last girl to get her spotlight but I forgot Hatoko needs some time to shine next week.

It was a good episode, not much in the way of jokes but it was quite heart warming.
Nov 12, 2014 12:54 PM

Jul 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
Chuunibyou style chants don't work well in actual battles do they?

Took a while to figure out what was flashback and what wasn't.

Andou really is a great guy isn't he?

Lol yeah...

Yeah, I had a hard time figuring out that too... what were flashbacks and such.

Lol yeah he is.
Liked this ep.

Hm, Drama next week.

Sep 2012
Andou is a feminist
>feminist
F e m i nist
F e m
T h a t s n o t o k a y
Oh god who are you people?

Feb 2014
Haha what a dramatic opening for this episode.
The game actually turned out to be a birthday present for Andou.

Sayumi getting sick because of working on most of the game.

Flashbacks to 10 months ago.

Looks like the next episode will focus on Hatoko.
Oh and Kiryuu looks like he will also be appearing again.

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Nov 12, 2014 1:10 PM
Dec 2013
HelghastKillzone said:
Best. VN. Ever.

pls don't play with mah feelings ;_; link to vn?

This best-girl episode was charming, really wanted the spotlight to be on Sayumi
"If i were to be the protagonist of a story, it would be a tragedy"
Nov 12, 2014 1:22 PM

Feb 2014
Andou is Dark Flame Master's long lost brother.
Nov 12, 2014 1:24 PM

Jan 2013
I think that it was easy to figure out what or what not was a flashback.

Good episode, centered on Sayumi, her sister is funny.
That initial sequence was great.
Nov 12, 2014 1:35 PM

Aug 2014
Lol at that beginning. Such an awesome birthday surprise, best friends ever.

I'm really liking the dialogue in this anime, it seems to try to stray from the typical highschool dramas, and i'm surprised at how intelligent Andou is. Then again, as with the current episode, it's funny how he has them all hooked and doesn't realize anything.

4/5. Last girl is next...

I'm getting the feeling that we won't find out what Dark&Dark does until the last episode...
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Nov 12, 2014 1:42 PM

Apr 2013
I really like how InouBattle can be so mature despite the generic setting. A very promising anime.

Looks like Hatoko's route will be sad :(
Nov 12, 2014 1:43 PM

Apr 2012
HelghastKillzone said:
Best. VN. Ever.

What are you talking about? This series isn't a visual novel, it's a light novel.
Nov 12, 2014 1:45 PM

Nov 2012
Nice episode,

Lol at the end Ando:"if I were a girl, I might have just fallen for you, Sayumi san"
Nov 12, 2014 1:51 PM

Oct 2013
Tomoyo still the best match. Though I will say all the characters are very enjoyable.

Can't wait for the next episode.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Nov 12, 2014 1:54 PM

Apr 2010
This episode demonstrated why a chuunibyou will never win a real fight, in real fights the enemy won't wait till they are done talking.
While they are bragging they are full of openings that the enemy can use.

Well we learned a bit more about Sayumi and her little sister who has a different personality from her, she is pretty cheerful.
I hope we will see more of her.
Nov 12, 2014 1:55 PM

Dec 2013
Lots of Sayumi. I really enjoyed this one.
Andou's line to Sayumi near the end was so weird lol
Nov 12, 2014 2:07 PM

Jan 2014
Oddyeus said:
HelghastKillzone said:
Best. VN. Ever.

What are you talking about? This series isn't a visual novel, it's a light novel.

I-It's not like we made an entire visual novel for your birthday because we l-like you. B-B-Baka.

Happens in the first five minutes of this episode.
Nov 12, 2014 2:30 PM

Jul 2013
How nice of her to allow the chuuni to chant to his heart's content xD
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Nov 12, 2014 2:41 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
The members of the Literature Club made an RPG for him on his birthday with the 5 of them as the game characters! That was so awesome! Tears of gratitude... ;__;

This episode that focused on Sayumi was really great and it explored on her past about being a Student Council President in middle school up to the point where they obtained their powers and why didn't she get to be in the Student Council Elections Campaign in high school. She was so against having their super powers in the beginning but Andou convinced her with his intelligent explanations. Chuunis are so awesome!

Andou's such a very smart but caring guy, isn't he? I see next episode's gonna focus on Hatoko and there's gonna be tears...
Nov 12, 2014 2:51 PM

Oct 2014
I'd say that this was a bit of a slower episode than usual. That's not a bad thing by any means, though. So I assume that we're getting a Hatoko episode next week? It would make sense, considering that each of the other girls got their own episode essentially.

I'm interested to see where this show is heading. Although, at this point, I don't think that there really is going to be a significant change in their lives between the beginning and the end of the series. After all, wouldn't that go against the point of the show? Haha
Nov 12, 2014 3:01 PM

Jan 2014
So its Sayumi's turn now...Last girl of the harem captured...
Nov 12, 2014 3:19 PM

Aug 2012
Really like they directed this to best convey Sayumi's character with all the flashing back, it came together quite nicely by the end. And Andou is a boss again, this episode showed once again how smart and considerate he is when it comes to his nakama.
Nov 12, 2014 4:04 PM

Jan 2014
Dat intro though, the feels were there all the way, shed a tear
Nov 12, 2014 4:30 PM

Jan 2012
Noooo! Hatoko's crying in the next episode's preview!!! Q.Q naaay!
Can't for the next ep now.
Nov 12, 2014 5:15 PM

Aug 2013
LonelyWizard said:

It's not a harem, only Tomoyo and Hatoko love him, and you need 3 or more people for a harem, even with that last line from Andou you can get what her interests are actually like.
Nov 12, 2014 5:27 PM

Nov 2011
Sayumi is best girl
Hate Keeps me warm
Nov 12, 2014 5:56 PM
Jul 2018
Nice to see Demon King Andou in a game. That was great birthday gift for Andou.
Nov 12, 2014 6:00 PM

May 2010
Silver4000 said:
I think that it was easy to figure out what or what not was a flashback.

Same, the different colour tone thingo definitely gave it away.
Nov 12, 2014 6:10 PM

Jun 2013
Week 6: I'm still waiting for the best girl to have her episode.
Nov 12, 2014 7:24 PM

Jun 2013
OMG! Mirei is back! She was gone way too long, hopefully she stays
Anyway, This episode focused on Sayumi and i liked the development between the two and overall i just love Andou's character! :)
Nov 12, 2014 7:39 PM
Jul 2014
llcruz said:
Andou is Dark Flame Master's long lost brother.
Well I think giving him the 'dark flames' was sort of a reference, there are a lot of chunibyou references in this show, although i'm not quite sure about this example http://puu.sh/cODfu/b780019f2e.jpg
Nov 12, 2014 8:00 PM

Aug 2008
Sayumi killed it. Fuckin love her.
Nov 12, 2014 8:10 PM

Jan 2014
Anon028 said:
LonelyWizard said:

It's not a harem, only Tomoyo and Hatoko love him, and you need 3 or more people for a harem, even with that last line from Andou you can get what her interests are actually like.
Yes bro,and now its 3
Nov 12, 2014 8:34 PM
Aug 2014
Ehhh I thought this episode would build off of what happened during last episode...
Nov 12, 2014 8:46 PM

Dec 2013
Kudou <3 She only got about twenty seconds of screentime but it's better than nothing.

It was nice to see some stuff about Sayumi. Didn't really have much of an opinion on her before the episode and now that I've seen more about her...well, I still don't really think much of her. Not sure why, she just doesn't really appeal to me.

derprume said:
Ehhh I thought this episode would build off of what happened during last episode...

Was thinking the same thing, but it looks like it might next episode. Even if it isn't direct, I'm still looking forward to a Hatoko episode.
Nov 12, 2014 10:26 PM

Dec 2013
Kryki said:
Plot twist: Dark and Dark is the most OP power in the series.

I god damn hope so! I hate how it's literally useless and he's picked on for it! But if he said that it would evolve it most likely will cause he's always right! :D

That was really good! I liked how they actually made a misunderstanding really vague instead of showing us from the start like all other shows! ^ ^
Nov 12, 2014 10:54 PM
Jul 2012
Now, this was a fun episode. The flashback scenes were fun to watch and plain enjoy with the Dark And Dark moment with Andou revealing his maturity. Also, I like Sayumi's character development being shown. It really helps me see why the author did that design for her.

But, seeing that fight, made me think about Dark and Dark's ability. Given how Andou was talking about how an evil power maybe used, then he would stop it. How would you stop a power without making it go out of control? This means we can't do those massive battles we see in Bleach, One Piece or Fairy Tail. But, what if we took Touma's Imagine Breaker from To Aru Majutsu no Index? If Dark and Dark just cancels powers, then no need for those battles with Andou using his impressive chunnibyou power over words. Also, it would explain why Sayumi's power didn't work, in a more logical than emotional fashion.
Nov 13, 2014 12:17 AM

Apr 2012
Sayumi Episode :D

Wow that RPG game made by members of literature club special for Andou Birthday. Nice gift

Hatoko tears in preview, NTR intensified? D:

Nov 13, 2014 1:48 AM

Aug 2014
To be honest, I was kinda bored in this episode x.x
I really like Andou, and Sayumi is really nice to let Andou finish his chant xD
A smart and wise Chuunibyou, I need more of that xD
Nov 13, 2014 2:45 AM

May 2010
Basically Andou is the type I tend to dislike - The kind who (over)acts just to make others laugh when they are actually suffering from inside because they know way more than an ordinary person. To me, it seems like they overact as a way of laughing at others (NOT that they mean to; they might, they might not. I just don't like the whole overacting thing) I'm more than okay as long as they act just right tho. I am aware that this POV is biased, but yeah blahblah.

This episode was way better than I thought it would be. Nice take on Sayumi's personality.

Finally Hatoko is next and I can't wait for it!
TragicRomanceNov 13, 2014 2:51 AM
Nov 13, 2014 6:35 AM

Aug 2010
I really love Andou's chant. It's so damn epic :3 If it was in a serious show I'd have chills ^^...Well I did hear this show gets serious later so maybe it will become awesome at the time XD

But really Andou is such a great MC. Liking this guy a lot. He obviously has lots of depth underneath. Lol'd at his "If I were a girl I'd fall for u" XD

Hato-chan drama incoming! Hope it's not overblown.
Nov 13, 2014 7:23 AM

Oct 2011
Andou is surprisingly more mature than he lets on. You can tell he cares deeply for his friends, and despite his constant display of chuunibyou nonsense, he makes an effort to think matters through when it concerns the well-being of his friends. Also, Sayumi best girl confirmed~ :3

This show is my guilty pleasure of the season, and is one of the most entertaining generic harem I've watched in quite some time.

Nov 13, 2014 7:55 AM

Mar 2013
Great Sayumi episode,
with a little back story of there powers.
Andou acting more mature this time,
I really like the beginning of the episode with the
game Andou play was also really funny.

from the preview im guessing next time will be Hatoko episode.
Nov 13, 2014 8:06 AM

Mar 2013
Anon028 said:
LonelyWizard said:

what about Mirei she also love him,
u forget how she act when she thought Andou send her a love letter
so its already 3 .
and Sayumi does love him, on the last scene she said how she when
to teach him about the women heart, and she also get jealous when Andou
go with Mirei.
Nov 13, 2014 11:15 AM

Aug 2013
Quite liked this episode, placing flashbacks at opportune moments and developing the story well

Andou is trying to complete the route of every girl in anime, and does so without realizing

I yet had not a favorite girl in the anime, but I really liked of Sayumi in this episode, I'll keep watching, but for me she is already almost becoming my favorite ..
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2014

248 by Gin_Okuri-inu »»
Apr 14, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Best girl

q1w2e3r4t5 - Mar 26, 2019

7 by Piromysl »»
Apr 13, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2014

297 by Olticul »»
Mar 19, 11:33 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2014

109 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 30, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

115 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 30, 6:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.