Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 19, 2014 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, it's going with the usual gimmicks. Pretty relaxing episode overall though except with Noel being a bit clumsy as she is one of those girls that is still learning her ways in this world.

These kids can be so playful when they are having fun heh. Shione was being a bit tough this episode though. And what a reveal at the end. Noel is the saucer?!
Stark700Oct 19, 2014 7:59 AM
Oct 19, 2014 8:00 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Noel really is the saucer! Nonoka finally remembers their childhood friendship and that they're the ones who summoned the saucer. :o

Shione has so much hatred for Nonoka. >_> Now I wonder what would Yuzuki feel if she finds out Noel really is the saucer.
Oct 19, 2014 8:04 AM

Jan 2012
Noel being the saucer was expected. It was certainly an interesting episode to watch but I kinda already just want them all to make-up but I guess that'd be too easy huh? :D
Oct 19, 2014 8:11 AM

Jul 2010
The hostility from Shione throughout the episode :O
Shione telling the others that Nonoka is the girl they knew from 7 years ago.
Nonoka also remembering her childhood at that moment.

I am sure that once they find out Noel being the saucer, they would give in ^w^
Oct 19, 2014 8:12 AM

Sep 2013
I'm so glad that they didn't waste time in having Nonoka remember the past. It would have annoyed me since I already know it's her.
But overall, I loved the episode and can't wait to see what comes next week!
Oct 19, 2014 8:18 AM

May 2009
Faste than I expected

This anime has such lovely animation
Oct 19, 2014 8:20 AM

Aug 2013
Noel's kawaiiness level exceeds every scale.

I sense sad ending...

5/5 like always
rsc-plOct 19, 2014 8:26 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 19, 2014 8:26 AM

Jul 2014
Ha funny, after watching this I had to look up the scriptwriter/ creator.

Same guy as did Kanon and Sola.

And this is essentially a fusion of kanon and sola.

*smacks head*
Oct 19, 2014 8:29 AM
Nov 2010
So the one girl hates her because she suddenly left for seven years. Man how dare she just leave, It's not like her mom suddenly died or anything. >.>

I wonder how she will react when she finds that out
Oct 19, 2014 8:35 AM

May 2013
That was an interesting ending. Man, Shione really hates Nonoka. Now the question is how Yuzuki is going to react to all of this.
Oct 19, 2014 8:36 AM

Apr 2014
Oh! I get/know it now, why Shione (apparently the others too) was mad to Nonoka because she was the one who called the saucer.
And after calling the saucer/Noel she leave the town and also making an unclosed/undone promise to Noel that she will come back after few months but it took years till she came back and As a result the saucer/Noel stayed there for a long time.
And finally Nonoka remembered it all and Noel revealed herself. Now I wonder what will happen next?!
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 19, 2014 8:43 AM
Feb 2013
What's the deal with the saucer? Do they hate it because it reminds them of their missing friend ? Is Noel a spirit or did she come from space?
Man, I hate Togawa right now and I'm pretty sure it's gonna wreck my enjoyment of the series. Someone slap that little b***h for me.
Oct 19, 2014 8:45 AM

Feb 2014
Please don't bully the Nonoka.
Oct 19, 2014 8:49 AM

Jul 2014
I figured that Noel and the saucer would be linked in some way, but the possibility of Noel actually BEING the saucer had never even crossed my mind.

This is going to have such feels later on isn't it? Especially as the scriptwriter/creator is the same as Kanon.
Oct 19, 2014 8:51 AM

Jan 2013
Damn that was some hate against Nonoka.
Noel is the most kawaii moe thing that I ever saw :3
She's the saucer, well that was expected.
Oct 19, 2014 8:54 AM

Jul 2014
I knew Noel had something to do with the saucer but i never thought she would it

decent episode. the animation is really great
Oct 19, 2014 8:58 AM

Feb 2013
How old are they? They act like their 8 and at other times 15...
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Oct 19, 2014 9:00 AM

May 2010
I am loving the OP. I am starting to like Yuzuki, too.

She really got slapped.

Noel is too cute <3

Really liked the flashbacks. The cat is out of its bag already, awesome.

This episode was so much better than the last one, more like amazing.
Oct 19, 2014 9:17 AM

Mar 2014
shirozuki said:
How old are they? They act like their 8 and at other times 15...

Middle schoolers. Sounds like Nonoka was around 5 when she left, so they'd be about 12 now. Which makes your comment totally accurate...I interact with middle schoolers a lot in my job, and they can act very mature one minute and incredibly childish the next.

As for this episode, not that much to say other than that it looks like the plot is starting to move now, and the drama level went up a couple of notches. The animation is still fabulous, but I felt more engaged emotionally with this episode than the last one. And at least for now, I officially dislike Headphone Girl - if she wants to cling to her old hurts and grudges against Nonoka that's one thing. It's not totally rational (as if Nonoka had any choice about leaving), but grudges rarely are. Trying to turn everyone else against her too, though, especially when Nonoka isn't there to defend herself, is crossing the line as far as I'm concerned.
Oct 19, 2014 10:18 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
As much as I like Shione, she was mean to Nonoka. That threat of slapping was pretty scary. :O

I still don't get how the hell the saucer is causing them problems. That alone seems to be the main concern for Shione and Yuzuki.
Besides, didn't they all decide to summon the saucer together, even though Nonoka was the one to bring it up? Why now say that she made them do it? It almost sounds like they're just looking for a reason to hate Nonoka.

I kind of figured Noel had a direct connection to the saucer but her being the saucer itself/part of it was a bit surprising.

Average episode. I do love the animations though. Plot still needs more developing.

Oct 19, 2014 10:26 AM
Jul 2018
Shione really hates Nonoka.

Noel revealed that she is a saucer at the end.
Oct 19, 2014 12:03 PM

May 2009
I was actually surprised that they remembered her...
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Oct 19, 2014 12:25 PM
Oct 2014
Seriously what is wrong with the headphone girl? Was she agreed to call the disc and now she blamed it on Nonoka ? And whats wrong with the innocent disc shinning in the sky , isnt it beautiful ?? i see no reason to hate it. Im sorry but to me this episode is all ruined by that b***h....
Oct 19, 2014 12:34 PM

Aug 2013
Noel is the saucer?
I thought Noel is an alien that come to earth with the saucer or something..
But..

Ah well, nice episode..
They all remembered, now the show starts here..
Oct 19, 2014 12:36 PM

Apr 2010
So Shione was the only one to remember Nonoka yet the others didn't realise at all, and Nonoka didn't realise the others knew her.
This means Shione must still have a feeling of friendship towards Nonoka left or she hates her a lot, and she has a good memory.
And by judging the group in the best it seems the bond between Shione and Nonoka was better then the bond with Nonoka and the other members of the group.

Seems the group and especially Shione blame Nonoka for leaving without saying a thing.
And they are also convinced she called the Saucer there with their help.
Oct 19, 2014 12:37 PM

Feb 2014
Shione's definitely being a bit too harsh on Nonoka. Although Nonoka told her in the flashback that she most likely wouldn't be there when winter came, hinting that she would move away from the town, Shione thought she was referring to travelling to the observatory instead.

Hopefully, Nonoka will tell her the full reasons behind her departure (and her mother as well) and maybe Shione's anger at Nonoka will subside.

That aside, Noel being related to the saucer was painfully obvious, but Noel being the saucer ITSELF, was a bit unexpected.

The animation looks colourful and flows nicely too. So, coupled with the improving plot, I'm looking foward to the next episode already. =D
Oct 19, 2014 1:21 PM

Nov 2007
y123y said:
Fghdc17 said:
Seriously what is wrong with the headphone girl? Was she agreed to call the disc and now she blamed it on Nonoka ? And whats wrong with the innocent disc shinning in the sky , isnt it beautiful ?? i see no reason to hate it. Im sorry but to me this episode is all ruined by that b***h....

ummm........ if there is a UFO just hanging over my house..... I would be panicking...... Have you seen the movie the Fourth Kind? yeah....

But yes, I do agree with you. Its a very moe UFO :)
Perhaps at first, sure, you'd be concerned. But after 7 years of it just doing nothing but looking pretty? It doesn't move, it doesn't interact with anything, it doesn't affect anything... except maybe for an increase in tourism. ;p

Why don't they have a scientific team over there trying to figure it out anyway? *lol*

Noel is as adorable as ever. Poor thing smacked her face on the ground... Ouch. >n<

Shione is starting to get on my nerves. :/ And Nonoka needs to stand up for herself, more. Then again, in middle school, I wasn't exactly good at handling confrontation, either. But still, it's an irrational and wrong headed hatred that Shione has, and she's acting like a bully. I'm sure it was because Nonoka suddenly moved without saying anything directly (the "We might not be able to meet here in winter" was very weak, but I'll forgive her cause she was like 5) and that can cause a lot of hurt/betrayal feelings... but it's been 7 years. It's time to get over it. Grudges hurt the person holding them as much as they do the person they're held against.

Still, I'm thinking they moved to Tokyo because that's where the good hospitals and doctors are going to be, and her mom looked pretty sick in the car. If so, I hope Shione feels like a heel when she finds out the reason :/
Oct 19, 2014 2:34 PM

Jul 2013
I see, so Noel is the saucer huh.
Shione really hates Nonoka. Dat slap :o
Animation looking really good :D
Oct 19, 2014 3:26 PM

Nov 2011
Oh god, why are they all so irrational?! Why do they treat the saucer as some kind of a catastrophe? Why are they holding a grudge against Nonoka for encouraging them to summon the saucer? Why are they holding a grudge against Nonoka for having to move? And why was Shione expecting Nonoka to remember everything when no one except her remembered Nonoka? Why why why? It's annoying... Nonoka should stick to Noeru and just ignore the crazies.

Still, Noeru is so cute I'm gonna keep watching... oh the power of loli.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Oct 19, 2014 3:31 PM

Jan 2014
shirozuki said:
They act like their 8 and at other times 15...

Aren't we all?
Oct 19, 2014 3:40 PM

Mar 2009
She's the saucer? But they all want the saucer gone. This can only end in sadness.
Oct 19, 2014 4:00 PM

Sep 2011
Mormegil said:
She's the saucer? But they all want the saucer gone. This can only end in sadness.

She stated last episode that the saucer would be gone soon, most likely when the 'wish' is granted.

I'm glad that they haven't dragged out too much the reunion thing as it was getting annoying. Now we can get down to the business of what exactly this saucer thing is.
Oct 19, 2014 4:19 PM

Oct 2013
This is turning out to be just like Glasslip. Instead of focusing on that big-ass saucer, they'd rather fill our donut holes up with this shitty friendship drama.

It's sort of ridiculous too. Shione hates Nonoka because she basically forgot some, most likely, meaningless promise as like 5 year olds. Cut the cunt some slack... We don't all have memories of our birth like you do.

Anyway, it's pretty terrible so far. Can't believe I was excited for this.
Oct 19, 2014 4:56 PM

Oct 2013
I'm guessing Shione was the only one to remember Nonoka because of that photograph she keeps pinned to her cork board. The other kids, and Nonoka herself, have forgotten each other after 7 years apart.

Of course it was obvious that Noel was somehow related to the saucer, but that she and the saucer are one and the same was an interesting turn.

I suppose the ruined kindergarten was attended by the characters years before. Why has it been abandoned? Demographic changes? Or does the saucer have something to do with it falling in to ruin?

So how will everyone react next EP? Shione (who appears closest to Nonoka in the falshbacks) will likely stay aloof until some more drama. I have a feeling hot-head Yuzuki will have a falling out with Nonoka. Koharu seems goodhearted and Souta is a level-headed guy so I'm anticipating they'll be less hostile to Nonoka.

So far this has been the best episode, but I have not found any episode boring. I like the series so far.
Oct 19, 2014 5:07 PM
Nov 2013
Damn, Shione is cold. Noel was really cute this episode. Did not expect her to actually be the saucer. I wonder what's going to happen..

Really glad Nonola rembered now and not 10 episodes later. This show is progressing pretty well, I'm ready for some feels.
Oct 19, 2014 5:23 PM

Jun 2013
Noel is so freaking moe. The Saimoe Tourney has to watch out for her. And everyone is cool that Nonoka got slapped by Shione? Damn Japan is tough. Incoming drama I guess in the next episode.

Ah look, they are already know what I'm going to do when the feels kick in. How thoughtful of them.
Oct 19, 2014 5:27 PM

Sep 2014
Is this where the anime starts to pick up?

The hostility of Shione.

Shione tell everyone that Nonoka was there childhood friend and that she was the one that summoned the saucer.

Nonoka realising that they are her childhood friends and that she summoned the saucer.

And Noel is the saucer?! kind of saw it coming tho

I wonder how everyone will reacted now? I kinda just want them all to make up already but that would be to easy.
Oct 19, 2014 5:40 PM

Nov 2013
currently this anime score 7.00

isn't that a bit too low? i dont find any flaw of this anime yet, its fluid, cute and refreshind character. the MC is not annoying at all instead very lovable. anyone can explain why?

is this somehow affected by the last season Glasslip anime?
Oct 19, 2014 5:51 PM

May 2012
06:21 OST's so fitting

06:57 LOOOL u bestgirl

12:48 lol

19:05 TOHHH

7.5/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 19, 2014 5:51 PM

Jan 2011
blitz_21x said:

isn't that a bit too low? i dont find any flaw of this anime yet, its fluid, cute and refreshind character. the MC is not annoying at all instead very lovable. anyone can explain why?

Don't trust MAL rating especially so early in the season is one reason

i haven't found any major flaws so far either seems like a decent show for a new studio and their animation is top tier guess the biggest complaint people have is about the "forced Drama" and as of now their irrational thinking despite being young
Oct 19, 2014 6:01 PM

Nov 2013
katsu044 said:
blitz_21x said:

i haven't found any major flaws so far either seems like a decent show for a new studio and their animation is top tier guess the biggest complaint people have is about the "forced Drama" and as of now their irrational thinking despite being young

agreed, even i didn't notice the 'force drama' part in this anime until you mention it just now. The animation and character design is quite comparable with P.A works or Kyoto Animation high quality.

at least i expect the score should be around +-7.5 at this moment. Maybe because the community here is getting older, so naturally they might reject this kind of anime since it looks like an old pervert watching a cute girl doing cute stuff. LOL
Oct 19, 2014 6:04 PM

Oct 2013
katsu044 said:
blitz_21x said:

Count me in as another who doesn't find any serious problems with Sora no Method. I do think there is a kind of "Glasslip Effect" going on with many who seem to be comparing this very different show with Glasslip.

Now understand first that I'm biased. I enjoy these types of series with some drama and SOL elements. That out of the way, the animation is very good, the music is also good with nice selections for the OP and ED (hello Fhana), the voice acting and characterization seems fine, and the writing also hasn't jarred me in any way.

At least that's my take on things so far.
Oct 19, 2014 7:11 PM

Oct 2007
The more you love someone, the more you can hate that person. It just shows how much Shione used to love Nonoka.

VanishingKira said:
Haven't found a single interest in this for the last 3 episodes,but feel I should atleast watch till episode 5 to see if there even the slightly little interest that'll keep me watching this.

Honestly was expecting to drop this this episode,but fuck it might as well waste another hour on this.
I don't think the show will turn into something else and I hope it stay this way.

redtailrav said:
katsu044 said:

Count me in as another who doesn't find any serious problems with Sora no Method. I do think there is a kind of "Glasslip Effect" going on with many who seem to be comparing this very different show with Glasslip.

Now understand first that I'm biased. I enjoy these types of series with some drama and SOL elements. That out of the way, the animation is very good, the music is also good with nice selections for the OP and ED (hello Fhana), the voice acting and characterization seems fine, and the writing also hasn't jarred me in any way.

At least that's my take on things so far.
It has nothing to do with the quality of this show itself. If anything, it has to do with how famous other shows are, and specially most of those show are sequel.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 19, 2014 7:15 PM

Aug 2011
Did I mention how much I love the ending?

» Escapism.

Oct 19, 2014 7:46 PM
Jul 2014
Was obvious that Noel was related to the saucer, but being the saucer was, well....
Shione is holding an irrational grudge. Its like shes trying to find fault with Nonoka just because she moved back then. But it's not like Nonoka had a choice either. Well its okay to be mad especially since nonoka didn't say anything, but being mad for 7 years and even slapping her? Wow... I hope this conflict gets resolved quickly and the focus shifts to Noel or something.
Oct 19, 2014 8:01 PM

Jun 2013
This episode was actually a bit depressing at times i thought, nonetheless a great episode :)
Oct 19, 2014 8:02 PM

Mar 2014
That slap was necessary imo.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Oct 19, 2014 8:47 PM

Nov 2011
Noel is the saucer.

...I can't type it with a straight face.

I don't get Shione's problem; they all tried to call the saucer, so it's as much her fault as it is Nonoka's. I also don't see why the saucer is bad in the first place. I mean, it's not hurting anything, right? Hopefully the next episode will explain more.

Anyway, for those wondering why the score is "low": The characters are flat and the plot has yet to develop. At that, the amnesia suggests a cliché plot development (though this a more justified case given the characters' ages). There's basically nothing of note other than the saucer, which could easily be considered a gimmick/viewer hook at this point. Plus, the supernatural nature of the saucer could easily lead to a deus ex machina (or multiple). The character designs are plain as well (and there definitely are people that will count that as a negative).

Basically, this has all the workings of an average supernatural slice of life, and nothing to really differentiate it yet. That doesn't mean you can't/won't enjoy it, but people who aren't big SOL fans won't care for it as much, nor will analytical viewers rate it as highly.
Oct 19, 2014 9:07 PM

Dec 2010
Nice to see things coming together at the end there! The episode overall was pretty nice and calming, but I know things are going to get real soon.

Also consider me surprised that Noel is the Saucer. I thought she might have come with it, but literally being the saucer is something else completely!

Shione needs to relax, seriously
Oct 19, 2014 9:10 PM

May 2013
Please don't make Noel disappear just because she's the saucer 2K14

Feels will overload if ever. But men, I can feel Shione's hatred for Nonoka in this episode.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2014

116 by SlammyHammy »»
Nov 2, 2023 6:38 PM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2014

64 by florin2v36 »»
Oct 4, 2022 5:28 AM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2014

118 by hacker09 »»
Jan 1, 2022 12:52 PM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2014

78 by Kanezushi »»
Apr 19, 2021 8:57 AM

Poll: » Sora no Method Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ejc - Dec 13, 2014

65 by Kanezushi »»
Apr 19, 2021 8:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.