Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 11, 2014 4:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, I suppose this episode reveals a little more about the cast but not much. There's some foreshadowing but still really vague in general. That aside, I kinda like the ED song. Not a fan of the animation style yet still.

I kinda like the personality of that new girl.
Stark700Oct 11, 2014 9:47 AM
Oct 11, 2014 10:59 AM

Aug 2014
Oh good the animation/art is so bad :O...

And the story will totaly do a ichigo 100%. Will think the childhood friend is the mainlove interest.

Well I will still watch it...
Oct 11, 2014 11:17 AM

May 2013
Maybe that scientist at the end is Sou and sent her to save Kaori.
Oct 11, 2014 11:18 AM
Jan 2011
Ok, so I'm guessing that Yui is some kind of lab experiment that got away.

I still don't get what that cube is, the one that Sempai is holding?
Oct 11, 2014 11:19 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
White-haired girl is revealed to be Yui, who is apparently amnesic, though I doubt it. It's more like she either came from the past or future and can't really adjust herself to the current settings.

That ghost looks so much like Yui. I wonder if she already died once. If so, that ghost is probably from the future.

Always knew that black box is some sort of supernatural medium. Yui figured out her reason to be here once she touched it. Interesting..

Not bad, thought the show continues to be vague. Hopefully, things will not get overcomplicated.

Oct 11, 2014 11:21 AM
Mar 2014
Can someone tell me why Sasaki is still alive? I thought she died at the end of Episode 1..?
Oct 11, 2014 11:26 AM

Aug 2014
pascalnacht said:
Can someone tell me why Sasaki is still alive? I thought she died at the end of Episode 1..?

Going back in time in a loop. Thats what the big white numbers are.
Oct 11, 2014 11:30 AM

Dec 2011
The episode was overall okay, Yui had some funny moments and the maid outfits were pretty nice, the ghost sightings were interesting and that's pretty much it I guess.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Oct 11, 2014 11:31 AM

Jan 2013
Don't really like the character designs, but ok.

That fall on the pavement when she went to get her hat though.. That looked funny.
Oct 11, 2014 11:35 AM

Feb 2014
Still wondering what that black cube Nagisa keeps holding is. After Yui touched it, she did look like her personality slightly changed.

A ghost that looks like Yui?

Hope they explain a little more throughout the series..

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Oct 11, 2014 11:37 AM

Aug 2014
Is anyone else going to point out Yui's changing bow tie color?... Green orange green orange.. make up your mind x.x
Oct 11, 2014 11:38 AM

Jul 2013
Well, if it's what I imagine, it's an ok concept.
But is soooo boring to watch I fell asleep twice.
Oct 11, 2014 11:41 AM
Feb 2014
I think they'll explain things later on. I'm desperate to read the VN so I can get my answers. Hopefully the patch will be out well in time after this ends *sigh*

It looks like they're off to a good start on Yui's development, but honestly I feel like this could be a better 2 cour series (VN readers tell me if this is a good idea). This way they'll have plenty of time to remain faithful. I do like Nagisa a lot though, seeing her get screentime is indeed a plus. I hope for more to come and things to be further explained. It was a nice first episode, but this one only took a small step back.

4/5
Oct 11, 2014 11:44 AM

Aug 2012
That was totally Okabe at the end.

Will give one more episode. The mystery aspect has some potential but it's so poorly constructed, and from what VN readers have said it doesn't really pan out anyway. That leaves the characters and their interactions which are stale and generic. Best thing about this is Kenny's seiyuu(Kaito Kid and and Cross Channel's Tomoki)
Oct 11, 2014 11:45 AM

Feb 2014
"It feels lacking" The boobs and the anime.
I feel like the art improved a tiny bit.
Oct 11, 2014 11:48 AM

Dec 2013
Yui some kind of test subject? There's a clone of her at the end :/
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Oct 11, 2014 11:48 AM

Aug 2014
llcruz said:
"It feels lacking" The boobs and the anime.
I feel like the art improved a tiny bit.

I feel it went down :P
Oct 11, 2014 11:53 AM

Jan 2013
That was really boring. And the characters are boring as well.

Oct 11, 2014 11:53 AM

Jan 2013
It needs to put the plot in order.
Oct 11, 2014 12:04 PM
Mar 2012
Hoping for more supernatural events later on in the series rather than more school slice-of-life.
Oct 11, 2014 12:06 PM
Jul 2018
The name of that white-haired girl is Yui.

The ghost looks like Yui. I wonder who is that scientist is at the end.
Oct 11, 2014 12:07 PM

Aug 2013
that white-haired girl remind me of Iona from Ars Nova..

decent story, the animation's still so bad..

Nagisa-senpai still mai best girl..
Oct 11, 2014 12:21 PM

May 2010
dropped. simply too boring to watch.
Oct 11, 2014 12:21 PM

Apr 2010
Another ending with a cliffhanger even tho the one of last week was unexplained.
This makes me wonder should we consider Kaori a ghost or is she actually alive, it deems like an illusion or a second dimension and it isn't explained yet.
It probably will later in the anime but it still makes me wonder.
Oct 11, 2014 12:23 PM

May 2013
babymilo91 said:

exactly what i was about to say haha...

even worse, I think Yui is Airi and Sou's child, cus sou married Airi since Kaori died...... and thats why she is so attatched to the two of them! :D
¨I´d rather die a hero, that kill a failure¨~RedLikeARose

meaning I'd rather help others than to commit suicide without even a notice on the internet
Oct 11, 2014 12:39 PM

Aug 2007
An okay ep but pretty much nothing truly happen till the end. I'm curious on more what Yui figured out though.

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 11, 2014 12:41 PM

Aug 2008
Slushie said:
Is anyone else going to point out Yui's changing bow tie color?... Green orange green orange.. make up your mind x.x

I only really noticed the tie color change once, granted I wasn't paying that much attention to it, and that once was intentional. The uniform she changed into at the beginning was from Airi, who is in the year ahead of her, so the tie was orange. When she actually went to school the next day it was the proper green of her year.

They're altering a lot of stuff for the anime though, not sure how I feel about that yet. Feels messy.
Oct 11, 2014 12:41 PM

May 2013
y123y said:
RedLikeARose said:

exactly what i was about to say haha...

even worse, I think Yui is Airi and Sou's child, cus sou married Airi since Kaori died...... and thats why she is so attatched to the two of them! :D

Why would that be considered "even worse"?

its not... worse... but... more like... more intense of a plot?

I guess it might have been a translation mistake on my part

worse could also mean "more intense" or "more extreme" in my language... once translated... so yeah...
¨I´d rather die a hero, that kill a failure¨~RedLikeARose

meaning I'd rather help others than to commit suicide without even a notice on the internet
Oct 11, 2014 12:52 PM

Aug 2014
Ustnap said:
Slushie said:

I only really noticed the tie color change once, granted I wasn't paying that much attention to it, and that once was intentional. The uniform she changed into at the beginning was from Airi, who is in the year ahead of her, so the tie was orange. When she actually went to school the next day it was the proper green of her year.

They're altering a lot of stuff for the anime though, not sure how I feel about that yet. Feels messy.

Try like.. from 3:06 to about 4:00 .. ; w ; It happens like four times. So I'm not sure if it's on purpose or accident. But I agree with the messy.
Oct 11, 2014 12:57 PM
Nov 2013
These characters are painfully generic, especially Yui. I hope the mystery stuff will be good enough to make up for it.
Oct 11, 2014 12:58 PM

Jul 2013
I'm not gonna lie, I'm really confused lol, BUT in a good way.

I'm hooked I wanna know what the hell is happening. I understand that this took place before the events of episode 1 (at least I'm hoping I got that right) but as for everything else I was just like WTF?

I was kind of hoping to get the aftermath of what happened at the end of episode 1 but I guess that will happen next week.. hopefully.

But yeah damn so much mystery in this we need to call fucking Velma. What's with the cube? with the laboratory? WITH THE FREAKING GHOST? Like i said I'm hooked.

I really wish the animations was better though. Haven't seen so much still-frames like this in a while. The best animated scene this episode was probably when the guys were looking at the girls grab their boobs which was kind of disappointing.

Overall I'm left confused as hell but again it's in a good way. Will definitely not be dropping this before the next ep.
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Oct 11, 2014 1:01 PM

Aug 2008
Slushie said:
Try like.. from 3:06 to about 4:00 .. ; w ; It happens like four times. So I'm not sure if it's on purpose or accident. But I agree with the messy.

Ah, yeah. Well, if anything it should be orange all through that scene. Bad QC on the animators team. I honestly can't remember what color the tie was in the VN, but with how much they're changing I don't think that even matters at this point.
Legal_Latino said:
I'm not gonna lie, I'm really confused lol, BUT in a good way.

I'm hooked I wanna know what the hell is happening. I understand that this took place before the events of episode 1 (at least I'm hoping I got that right) but as for everything else I was just like WTF?

I was kind of hoping to get the aftermath of what happened at the end of episode 1 but I guess that will happen next week.. hopefully.

No, you being confused is due to lack of explanation on their part, so it's not really a good thing. Looking at the anime like a VN, Kaori getting in the accident was a bad end, and now we unlocked a new route to play through with Yui appearing. I can't really explain too much more without spoiling stuff so I'll leave it at that.
UstnapOct 11, 2014 1:09 PM
Oct 11, 2014 1:04 PM

Aug 2014
Ustnap said:
Slushie said:

Ah, yeah. Well, if anything it should be orange all through that scene. Bad QC on the animators team. I honestly can't remember what color the tie was in the VN, but with how much they're changing I don't think that even matters at this point.

'w' For some reason it bugs me more than it should
And I know it doesn't matter I just have a huge problem with colors xD
Oct 11, 2014 1:13 PM

Feb 2013
this is becoming a pain to watch, i cant do anything else when I watch it or I wont be able to understand what is going on...
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Oct 11, 2014 1:23 PM

Apr 2014
This is so confusing and boring.
Oct 11, 2014 1:40 PM

Aug 2012
Everything's all over the place, and I have no idea what's going on. The scenes in the science labs are really interesting though, I'll probably watch this just for that.
Oct 11, 2014 1:41 PM

Nov 2011
That was horrible. I had to force myself to watch the second half of the episode.

If there isn't any improvement next week, I think I'll drop.
Oct 11, 2014 2:02 PM
Jul 2013
When I watch good anime, an episode always feels like a minute. But man, this episode of WareMete felt like forever. I kept checking on how many minutes left until it finishes because it was so boring.
The only part I enjoyed was when Yui tripped. lol
And the character designs as well,.. mehh

I might drop this depending on what happens on the next episode
Oct 11, 2014 2:39 PM

Mar 2013
very disappointing episode after the end of last week.

one more chance for it to redeem itself
Oct 11, 2014 2:47 PM

Nov 2011
boring, ugly art... i got better thing to watch. dropped.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Oct 11, 2014 3:24 PM

Apr 2014
Seems good so far, a little slow but it's only ep 2 so what can you expect really...
Oct 11, 2014 3:37 PM
Oct 2014
omfg i think i understand what the first episode was about i think that its an event thats going to happen later on but yui is from the future and she is trying to save sou because he is going to feel guilty from the accident with koari and he is going to spend is life being obsessed with trying to save her and wake her up from being in a coma. I believe sou is like her teacher and she is trying to save him from his suffering. Also the reason for her traveling in time might have caused her to loose her memories as well. Another theory could be that sou created yui and she has some sort of powers since she isnt a normal human being and an experiment. Another theory could be that kaori body was so badly injured that sou created yui as a vessel to transfer kaori mind into yuis body so that kaori could live.Which is the reason why you see the to big tanks or water. in the scientist scene.
crod1758Oct 11, 2014 3:45 PM
Oct 11, 2014 3:38 PM

Jun 2013
well that boring to watch with the slow pace and all but i gotta admin the concept is kinda cool
Oct 11, 2014 3:40 PM
Oct 2012
Slushie said:

I am very sure that was intentional, my guess is that something time related that will be explained later was happening there. It cannot just be a coincidence that the scene was staged to draw our attention to Yui (notice how they have all the other characters staring at Yui as if something weird was going on but they couldn't quite figure it out what it was).

I very much liked the last scene where Yui touched the cube. She regained more than her memories at that point, she also regained her intelligence. They demonstrated this by having her Japanese change dramatically. Basically it went from a 3rd grader to a high school student. Her face expression also changed subtlety. They reinforced this change by then having Nagisa comment on it.

The body at the end is Yui, not a clone. My guess (as it was in the first week) is some sort of quantum event is occurring, but having Yui in two times at once is causing the space time continuum to go out of whack - hence the ghost Yui as well as the shaking of the building. I am pretty sure that the box falling will have some relevance later (it should be related to changing the past). That was another scene that was animated to draw attention to it. Though it makes me wonder if that is the last we will see of ghost Yui, at least for a while.

I have not read the LN, but so far I am really enjoying the way this show is being filmed and how it was script. Those "messy" things that people are talking about, I think all have a point. So I am grabbing the popcorn to see where this show ends up.

Edit: Oh should add, the final scene with Yui also showed that Yui both knows and respects Nagisa
Takuan_SohoOct 11, 2014 3:53 PM
Oct 11, 2014 4:03 PM

Jan 2012
babymilo91 said:

This was my guess as well, but it seems too easy considering how early we are in the story. If we learned this in say episode 8 or 9 I might be more convinced, but it's only episode 2...
Oct 11, 2014 4:10 PM

Jan 2014
I don't mind the animation in this anime, Don't know why people are bitching about it, I've seen worse. But that ending tho, now I'm really curious to find out whats going on
Oct 11, 2014 4:17 PM

Dec 2013
DoctorWasabi said:
I don't mind the animation in this anime, Don't know why people are bitching about it, I've seen worse. But that ending tho, now I'm really curious to find out whats going on

I feel the same ... The animations are not great, but I've seen much more boring series in terms of plot... this intrigues me!
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Oct 11, 2014 4:42 PM

Jul 2013
Well I think this episode was ok, but I guess I agree with some people say that the animation and art style wasn't as great as it should be, and it felt like it was a low budget production.

Although I'm interested to see what Yui is and why is she here at school. Then I was questioning myself about that incident happened from the previous episode. So I guess there in a time loop or something.

Hoping to have some mysteries in here.

Oct 11, 2014 6:06 PM

Jan 2011
I really hope it was their own choice to drop the whole CGI thing animation looked extremely stiff the whole episode on top of being inconsistent I can't handle another Rail Wars so soon i just can't!.

not to mention didn't really find this episode remotely as interesting as the last one.
Oct 11, 2014 6:23 PM

Aug 2013
Slow setup episode. Set up for what? I hope something interesting.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

124 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 21, 6:21 AM

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2014

62 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 20, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

62 by NoviSun »»
Jul 22, 2023 11:34 PM

» Low score??? ( 1 2 )

SakurasouBusters - Oct 19, 2014

57 by Crimson_poetry86 »»
Jun 10, 2023 3:46 AM

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2014

46 by Gringo5959 »»
Sep 26, 2022 3:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.