3It was OK
19.6%
2Disliked it
3.1%
1Hated it
2.0%
Average 4.1
547 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2014 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was an okay episode. They introduced most of the characters with a seemingly focus on anime. I'm not sure I can get used to the OP theme song. It is somewhat catchy I guess.

Overall, I think it had a solid premise. There's more characters than I had thought but I'm sure the show will be able to flesh them out soon. Heh, the talking dolls were kinda weird.
Oct 9, 2014 8:53 AM

Jun 2012
Surprise surprise anime production is hard : P
I have some knowledge but it'll be cool to see if this does for anime what Bakuman did for manga
Oct 9, 2014 8:53 AM

Nov 2013
Drifting and donuts. Not half bad. Looking forward to see where this one will go.
“Change is inevitable — except from a vending machine.”
Oct 9, 2014 8:57 AM

Sep 2008
G.I xD

I see what you did there!
Oct 9, 2014 9:00 AM

May 2013
Aoi's a bit of a reckless driver... Anyway, I've been looking forward to watching this and I really enjoyed this episode. It's fun to see things like how an anime is made, especially in an anime. Looks like they're already having a hard time even before episode two aired. Reminds me a bit of Bakuman, just with anime instead of manga. Can't wait for the next episode!
Insert philosophical quote or exceptional picture here.
Oct 9, 2014 9:06 AM

Jan 2013
Do I see a female version of Tsumugu/Okikura ?

I didn't expected that time skip at the begining, that car race was also unexpected.

There are a lot of peculiar characters on the studio.

The doll talk was funny.

Let's see what they'll do with this.
Oct 9, 2014 9:07 AM

Jul 2012
An anime about making anime, interesting.

DONUTS!

I figured they finish making the whole season of an anime before the first episode airs, but in this anime it looks like they're still making it after the first episode aired, is that really how they do it or no?
Oct 9, 2014 9:08 AM
Jan 2014
The episode was fine, if you don't mind fast pacing. Way too many character introductions for a first episode as well.

It felt bizarre in some ways and had a lot of references as expected. Hopefully the series will have some decent characterization and even more references about the anime industry.

I guess I'll continue watching it for now, but I might change my opinion sooner than I expect.
Oct 9, 2014 9:10 AM

Jun 2012
therandomestguy said:

I figured they finish making the whole season of an anime before the first episode airs, but in this anime it looks like they're still making it after the first episode aired, is that really how they do it or no?

Most of the time yes unless it's a special case like Space Dandy where they're finished or working on the finale when it airs
Oct 9, 2014 9:12 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Who else thinks Aoi should also consider becoming a part time car racer? Them drifts were badass though!

Aside that, anime industry seems hectic as hell! Why don't the studio have their staffs assigned for specific sections beforehand? You don't air an anime until everything is ready to go, starting from episode 1 to the last.
I could be wrong, but are every anime studios in real life are like that? I don't think so.

Segawa-san is amazing! I hope she recovers soon, otherwise Musashino Animation is doomed.

Decent start. Hopefully, we'll see all 5 friends from high school joining the studio too and someday make their own anime as they envisioned earlier.

Oct 9, 2014 9:19 AM

Apr 2014
Wow this turn out something interesting for me. I thought this would be another Glasslip thing.
But this might turn like that too since Glasslip was interesting at first episode but on the run it was disappointing.

Anyway the thing that was interesting here is this was about the life of those people who are making our loved Anime the People at Animation Studios. And perhaps the characters here was also from the the P.A. Works Animation Studio?
Anyway I wish this will keep me interested if not. But right now it's just fine.
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 9, 2014 9:22 AM

Aug 2013
Rayzer said:
Glasslip was interesting at first episode but on the run it was disappointing.

No it wasn't (I mean it wasn't bad) .

btw, good first episode, like expected
rsc-plOct 9, 2014 12:33 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 9, 2014 9:23 AM

Sep 2008
I will love if these girls will really meet each other again and will work together *.*

Can't wait to see episode with dubbing recording and for next episode :)
Oct 9, 2014 9:45 AM

Oct 2012
It was OK, they showed their past and how are they doing now.
Aoi is a bit weird.
Music and animation are good too.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Oct 9, 2014 9:57 AM

Jun 2012
I want to see more of that redhead, so cute :3

Hope they'll make this a great and realistic anime about anime industry.
Oct 9, 2014 9:58 AM

Apr 2013
Rayzer said:
Wow this turn out something interesting for me. I thought this would be another Glasslip thing.
But this might turn like that too since Glasslip was interesting at first episode but on the run it was disappointing.
Glasslip was never good, it had an interesting synopsis and thats it.
Oct 9, 2014 10:00 AM

Jul 2014
I love Miyamori, she's a great character.
Loving the show so far, seems interesting.

also, Words to live by:
Oct 9, 2014 10:01 AM

Aug 2010
I've always been interested in how anime studios exactly work so this should be quite fun :3

Didn't know they just have 3 eps up when the first ep airs. Lots of stress there.

Segawa has some pretty huge oppai there :3
Oct 9, 2014 10:14 AM

Sep 2010
Already 10x better than Glasslip the only flack I have is way too many characters introduced in the first episode I will never remember them all. I don't really like that in anime tbh.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 9, 2014 10:18 AM

Nov 2007
I enjoyed this episode quite a bit, probarly because it's all about how to make anime, I mean how are we not intresed in knowing that?
So P.A.works also sits around like that during a first broadcast I wonder? Haha
Oct 9, 2014 10:21 AM

Jul 2014
Illegal street racing and donuts... what more do you need.

Good first episode (about a gazillion times better than Glasslip). I was expecting more comedy (since it is listed as a comedy anime on the MAL page) but I didn't really miss it; I was too busy enjoying the episode.
Oct 9, 2014 10:33 AM

Apr 2014
The starting few minutes got me expecting this would be another cute girls doing cute stuff but oh boy was I wrong. This episode was interesting enough to continue watching this. The only major thing that annoyed me was the introduction of those many characters.
Oct 9, 2014 10:56 AM

Jun 2013
No love polygons and future fragments. AOTS confirmed.
Oct 9, 2014 11:09 AM

Jan 2014
G.I. Staff, A Certain Temple's Self-Mummified Monk, Initial D, G Colle.
My first impression from the summary of the plot was spot-on: Bakuman. for anime, and I'm not disappointed.
I wonder how Miyamori will solve the issue with Segawa
Oct 9, 2014 11:12 AM

Aug 2009
P.A Works, yes, redeem yourself with this tho please make an anime without cute girls next, it's already third one in a row

the car race sequence was nice, hah. Quite enjoyed it :D
Oct 9, 2014 11:17 AM
Oct 2013
Good episode, really like the design of the characters (^‿^)
Oct 9, 2014 11:17 AM

Jan 2014
Well that was fun. I love the animation so far. I like the concept of working in an animation studio. Looking forward to next week!
Oct 9, 2014 11:23 AM

Dec 2009
An anime about anime production. Count me in.

Im glad there wont be a High School setting too.
Oct 9, 2014 11:24 AM
Aug 2011
A lot more interesting then I thought it would be but I don't know if my interest will carry me through 2-cour of this.

Laughed when they mentioned the older man and said that he wouldn't draw moe anime lol.
Oct 9, 2014 11:31 AM

Dec 2012
Not this shit again, people comparing this to Glasslip how they compared Glasslip to NagiAsu. Wow.

Linkark07 said:

Im glad there wont be a High School setting too.
Oct 9, 2014 11:39 AM

Apr 2010
What i liked about this is the fact that we get an insight into the anime business which doesn't happen to much in anime.
The characters seems nice but there where a lot of them, it's logical that there are many characters considering it's an anime company.
But it might be a bit to much for an anime, it's hard to keep them all a part.

The driving scenes where funny, thing i have to note is that the car is front wheel drive so drifting like the did is almost impossible to do.
Oct 9, 2014 11:53 AM

Jul 2014
Seems alright. Lots of niche appeal, but I hope they go deeper. Seems a bit... Scratching the surface.
Oct 9, 2014 12:00 PM

Jan 2014
an ok episode went a little fast. too many character introductions for the first episode though, there's no way I could remember them all. Hopefully they will give more focus to the 5 girls.

This show does have potential though so hopefully it turns out good.
Oct 9, 2014 12:01 PM

Jun 2013
Aversa said:
What i liked about this is the fact that we get an insight into the anime business which doesn't happen to much in anime.
The characters seems nice but there where a lot of them, it's logical that there are many characters considering it's an anime company.

The driving scenes where funny, thing i have to note is that the car is front wheel drive so drifting like the did is almost impossible to do.

Yeah it's a 1-cour anime about an anime industry producing a 1-cour anime... that's some animeception sh*t right there.

In any case, I agree. I'm all for anime that teaches me something new, and it's nice to get a glimpse of what it's like in the anime industry. And since the people producing this show are very much familiar with the anime industry, the dialogues are very natural and realistic, which is always a plus.
Oct 9, 2014 12:04 PM
Sep 2011
So far the biggest surprise for me this season. The promos made it seem a bit dry even with the interesting topic at hand (anime production) but the first episode really stood out with its snappy directing, a refreshing setting (it feels so good not to have a show set in High School or any other school for that matter) and a natural sense of humour. I should have never doubted you, Mizushima! Hope he works his wonders here like he did in Girls and Panzer.
Oct 9, 2014 12:06 PM

May 2009
pakoko said:
Aversa said:

Yeah it's a 1-cour anime about an anime industry producing a 1-cour anime... that's some animeception sh*t right there.

In any case, I agree. I'm all for anime that teaches me something new, and it's nice to get a glimpse of what it's like in the anime industry. And since the people producing this show are very much familiar with the anime industry, the dialogues are very natural and realistic, which is always a plus.

It's 2-cour
Oct 9, 2014 12:15 PM

Feb 2013
to be fair it was pretty amusing
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Oct 9, 2014 12:19 PM

Jun 2014
I really liked this episode. They made working in an anime studio look fun.
I love the chara design, their eyes (especially girls's) look really beautiful. But Miyamori still looks like a teenager :/
Speaking of Miyamori, I hope she doesn't have a car accident someday.

Okashi_sama said:
I love Miyamori, she's a great character.
Loving the show so far, seems interesting.

also, Words to live by:

The most inspirational anime quote of all time.
May 2010
It was interesting to watch how really hard and time-consuming is anime production.
Segawa-san for sure has got it really rough :(
Also, great ending - both song and visuals.

Jun 2013
bastek66 said:
pakoko said:

It's 2-cour

Woops. Thanks for clarifying.
Oct 9, 2014 12:27 PM

Jan 2014
Dat street race. Dat driving skills. Sure escalated quickly.

It was a rather interesting first episode, but I'm not sure anymore if this will be enough to keep me watching for 20+ episodes.
Oct 9, 2014 12:44 PM

Jul 2014
Really enjoyed this episode! Much better than GlassShit. If only theyd come out with this after Nagi Asu instead of Glasslip. Wondering what happened to all of MC's friends from highschool though? I huess theyll introduce them later as theyre in the ending theme. Just no yuri from this one please P.A works.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2014 12:46 PM

Aug 2014
Didn´t laugh one.. This will be put on hold/or dropped. Don´t find it fun when you need time for like 10 other good ones :)
Oct 9, 2014 12:47 PM

Feb 2014
Well, this was OK. The series don't seem too bad so I guess I'll keep watching.
Oct 9, 2014 12:49 PM
Nov 2013
Wow, did not expect this to as interesting as it was!

The car race scene was hilarious. And people say women can't drive lol. The pace seemed a little fast but I think they showed how hectic working in an animation studio can be very well. But damn, there sure are alt of characters. I will have a hard time remembering all of them.

Good episode, definitely a surprise. I hope it keeps it up cause this already a lot better than Glasslip.
Oct 9, 2014 1:00 PM

May 2010
Sweanime said:
Didn´t laugh one.. This will be put on hold/or dropped. Don´t find it fun when you need time for like 10 other good ones :)

was this supposed to be funny? strange this has the comedy genre tag.
Oct 9, 2014 1:03 PM

Jun 2013
cool anime about making anime
Oct 9, 2014 1:04 PM

Dec 2012
The first decent anime from P.A Works since The Eccentric Family and Tari Tari.

I liked the characters - working people ftw, desu ne - and certainly will support the chicks' ambition to create their own anime movie feature.

Good luck ;)!
Oct 9, 2014 1:07 PM

Jun 2008
Surprisingly less K-on and more Bakuman.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Oct 9, 2014 1:13 PM

May 2013
This is an interesting series. Kinda reminds me of Bakuman.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does Shirobako get any better?

terryacer - May 7, 2018

26 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

286 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2014

138 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 12, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2014

115 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 11, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2014

165 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 6, 2:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.