Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 14, 2014 1:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, it's fun watching Hinata run all over the field. Really intense match still. I like how both sides are thinking outside the box with faints and chance serves...

Hinata needs to get up on his feet when he realizes it's hopeless sometimes. Damn. This game was about integrity and I think both sides demonstrated it very well.
Sep 14, 2014 1:28 AM

Nov 2007
Oh, wow @ how the main guy trying his best. NamiDai's character's serve missed? And Nobu's character recognized it. There's another guy who ex-prince knows.

They lost though, by NamiDai's character predicting what will happen and they blocked him.

Coach bringing the team to a feast.

1 more ep.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 14, 2014 2:46 AM

Oct 2013
Ohhhh the feels! Right in the kokoro! I didn't expect them to lose, with their momentum and Oikawa missing a serve and all. Next week is the last episode I believe. I've got high hopes for a Season 2 and soon!

Every play was beautiful to watch, especially Oikawa's second serve integrated with flashbacks of his childhood in slow motion. But my favourite part had to be the ending scene, with everyone crying ;_; as they ate.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Sep 14, 2014 2:51 AM

Apr 2009
Welp, i honestly didnt expected them to lose, i really hope they make another season because as it stands, the anime has a lot of potential. Plus, i REALLY like the animation on this one and they still have to play against the school they practiced against and used to be their rivals.
Sep 14, 2014 2:56 AM

Aug 2014
NoongaJuice said:
Every play was beautiful to watch, especially Oikawa's second serve integrated with flashbacks of his childhood in slow motion. But my favourite part had to be the ending scene, with everyone crying ;_; as they ate.

Great scene. I liked the montage with Kageyama "throwing away" his King clothes and then embracing teamwork. He evolved so much.

While not as intense as last week episode, it was still very, very good. I believe we were all left with a bittersweet feeling. Hope next week things end in a more positive note.
Sep 14, 2014 3:02 AM

Sep 2008
*crying*
I wanted them to win!
I thought they gonna win!
They fought so hard!
This hurt so much!
Why!? ;(

But this was really amazing episode!
There must be second season!

*still crying*
Sep 14, 2014 3:03 AM

Jun 2011
I am so confused. I was so convinced they would win. I think I'm still in denial. They can't lose.
Sep 14, 2014 3:03 AM

Nov 2012
;______; noooooo, i wanted them to win.
seeing them all cry while they were eating was so sad. :(
Sep 14, 2014 3:04 AM

Sep 2008
Hollweg said:
I liked the montage with Kageyama "throwing away" his King clothes and then embracing teamwork.

Oh! I liked this too!
I love all that kind of montages :)
Sep 14, 2014 3:09 AM

Mar 2013
This was an amazing episode, I was convinced they were going to win tho :/
And the scene in the end when they were eating and crying was so touching!!
It's so sad, but if there will be a 2nd season, it will be great.
Sep 14, 2014 3:11 AM
Jan 2014
And this is why I love Haikyuu!! so much. It's rare to find an anime without a rushed ending and proper pacing throughout. Not to mention how unpredictable it is, due to the lack of the OP archetype. I haven't even mentioned the characterization yet.

Karasuno might have lost the game but they gained a lot in return, thus making them the true victors, Tobio-chan/Kageyama in particular. Can't wait to see their improved performance in future tournaments.

It was kinda painful seeing Seijoh passing through the quarterfinals, they really are a powerhouse.

The ending of the episode felt very heartwarming. Tsukki will remain tsundere until the end.
ResidentSep 14, 2014 6:43 AM
Sep 14, 2014 3:14 AM

Mar 2013
What an epic way to animate the last play between Kageyama and Hinata.
Sep 14, 2014 3:17 AM

Dec 2012
;_;
Sep 14, 2014 3:25 AM

Aug 2010
Even though I had already read the manga... Even though I knew who was going to win...
I couldn't help tearing up at the end.
Such a sad episode.
You guys did it great! ;_;
Sep 14, 2014 3:26 AM

Jul 2009
EVERYTHING GOT SO COOL AND THEN....

Sep 14, 2014 3:27 AM

Jan 2013
XdramechX said:
Welp, i honestly didnt expected them to lose, i really hope they make another season because as it stands, the anime has a lot of potential. Plus, i REALLY like the animation on this one and they still have to play against the school they practiced against and used to be their rivals.

Its essentially guaranteed that this show will get a second seasons. Its sales are going to be huge.

Also I'm sure theres another tournament for them to win, just like in kuroko.
Sep 14, 2014 3:32 AM

Jun 2011
The part where Kageyama threw his King's Cape and crown was so cool. I read it in the manga and I waited for so long to see that part animated.

Nishinoya not receiving Oikawa's serve because he knew it was going to be out ...asadagaasdjhghj

I really want a second season.
Sep 14, 2014 3:39 AM

Jun 2012
This episode was pure perfection, just everything, the montage of oikawa, kageyama throwing off his cloak. Hinata shouting at kageyama at the end, so so good.

Absolutely gutted they lost, but they got better even during that match, they went beyond their limits and next time i hope they win. You can't count the other team out though, they'll be practicing hard as well.

That scene at the end where they were eating and crying, i shed a tear :'(

This must have a season 2, surely

I'm just really impressed with the whole series really, the directing during the matches is perfectly done, the sound track etc. it's all there, production i.g. doing work again :D
jimbob1141Sep 14, 2014 3:42 AM
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Sep 14, 2014 3:39 AM

Jan 2013
Despite being spoiled by the result, watching them block Hinata's spike was heartbreaking :( Impressed they got over 30 points though! I am a tad happy for Aoba Jousai I guess considering Oikawa still wants to play against the other team.

That ending :')

Only one more episode to go and it'll air on my birthday WOOH. Will anticipate a second season! Will definitely start the manga during that wait, it won't be the same since its blessed animation is one of the animes' highlights but I know the story will be just as great.
Sep 14, 2014 3:45 AM
Oct 2007
Haikyuu is as good as or even better than Kuroko no basket.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2014 3:47 AM

Aug 2008
Dammit I didn't even cry in the manga!

It was so goddamn intense their deuce match! It was so packed up, I felt so stressed watching it. At the last moment, when Hinata seemed to be able to make a point, I scream "yes!". But when I saw Kindachi and Oikawa blocking it I was like "Noooooooooo". (Yep, I totally forgot how they won) :(

KuriniSep 14, 2014 3:50 AM
Sep 14, 2014 3:47 AM

Nov 2013
Ahhh one episode left ;____; Good thing this series is pretty much guaranteed to get a season two.

Oikawa <3
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Sep 14, 2014 3:50 AM

Jul 2013
Yet another great episode.
Was sad seeing Hinata's spike getting blocked.
Karasuno all frustrated about the loss.
Those montages, wow.

Just 1 episode left.
Sep 14, 2014 4:15 AM

Dec 2012
Such an intense and great match. Really wanted Karasuno to win, but congrats to Aoba Josai.
All those tears at the end.
Final episode next week. Cannot wait.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 14, 2014 4:20 AM
Oct 2012
this last episode were a pure waste, i feel tricked.

why the fuck loosign after 23 fuckin damn episode.

fck it
Sep 14, 2014 4:34 AM

Jul 2014
I dont know what to feel anymore.
I play for my college's football team, on my first year we lost a close game in the inter college quarterfinal, and that ended my seniors college football career. This episode just made me go through that whole emotion again.

What doesnt kill you makes you stronger, waiting to see them come back stronger.
How do I signature?
Sep 14, 2014 4:43 AM
Feb 2013
That scene with them eating was so touching and I felt ashamed for feeling hungry looking at the pretty dishes.
Sep 14, 2014 4:44 AM

Feb 2012
I had a feeling they'd lose, but I was really hoping I would be wrong. Coz in most sports/competitive anime, the team would lose in their first tournament, but compensate in the next one; the loss usually acts as motivation to work even harder and be stronger. Ugh! I wanted to so wrong though.

The grieving after-game meal was so sad. No one wants to see boys sincerely cry :(
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Sep 14, 2014 4:52 AM

Jun 2013
the match was intense and i loved it.. pretty awesome episode. played with my emotions all the time.. always feel a little light headed after an episode. All the characters are growing and at a wonderful pace which is the beauty of the show.. Looks like they wrap up things in the next episode and set the stage for season 2 hopefully.. Wonderful sports show.. Keep them coming , IG!
Sep 14, 2014 4:54 AM

Jun 2013
I was sooo convinced they'd win. Losing not even crossed my mind. And they actually lose, well Aoba Josai was great too
Really great anime, but this way I'm looking forward to the next season ( hopefully) even more!!
Laughed at Tsukishima at the end :D everyone cried except him
Sep 14, 2014 5:08 AM

Sep 2012
xikarra said:
That scene with them eating was so touching and I felt ashamed for feeling hungry looking at the pretty dishes.

LOL, I had the same reaction.
Anyway, that was a great episode, I will really miss that show.
Sep 14, 2014 5:11 AM

Jun 2014
Tbh I wanted Aoba Josai to win or maybe thats really biased bc Oikawa is like.. a fave but it's kind of a thing all teams have to go through anyway. Like Shiratorizawa is to Aoba Josai and etc.
This was so intense and so great I can't believe there's only on episode left
Sep 14, 2014 5:17 AM

Nov 2007
Take-chan and Keishin are such an parents...

anyway,i wasn't really expecting them to lose but oh well
Sep 14, 2014 5:38 AM

Jun 2014
Even before the finale is aired i can confirm this is, for me, the best sports anime to date. Them feels :(

Kills me to see them loose, but here is hopping for a season 2 :)

Kageyama and Hinata are the perfect duo really ! Every character just hits the spot. The teacher had a perfect speach :D

To everyone crying about them loosing, in the manga its not over so it all depends on if this gets a season 2 really.
Sep 14, 2014 5:58 AM
Mar 2013
LOL did I waste my time watching and anime to see them lose?

Nah it was good though. That last slam from Shoyo though....

Pretty damn nice.
Sep 14, 2014 6:06 AM

Apr 2008
LittleStar said:
*crying*
I wanted them to win!
I thought they gonna win!
They fought so hard!
This hurt so much!
Why!? ;(

But this was really amazing episode!
There must be second season!

*still crying*

^ Exactly!!!!!!!! Man both teams were amazing... but but... Also that post ED scene... ;_;
Sep 14, 2014 6:35 AM

Jun 2010
I don't remember it being this sad in the manga.. ;_; They animated the eating scene perfectly.
Sep 14, 2014 6:41 AM

Jan 2011
Gosh darn it, this episode was so emotional and amazing. I honestly was hoping that Karasuno would win and the match was really intense. Being tied and having deuces so many times too. However, in the end Oikawa was able to predict what Kageyama would do. Karasuno losing is a real beat-down but this match will only make them stronger. I really loved that scene after the ED song where they're all eating and crying. Ah, the feels~ 1 more episode left, nooooo!!! Season 2 needs to happen!! <3
5/5
Sep 14, 2014 6:47 AM
Feb 2011
sweetdrops said:
Even though I had already read the manga... Even though I knew who was going to win...
I couldn't help tearing up at the end.
Such a sad episode.
You guys did it great! ;_;

Me too! I thought I got over it because I read the manga a few weeks ago but when I watched Episode 24 today, I can't stop my tears! ;_;
Sep 14, 2014 7:04 AM

Aug 2013
What an intense episode! Man the final point almost gave me heartattack lol
This is maybe the best episode of Haikyuu so far. Back and forth they went,using everything they had,two things maybe three stood up for me.
1)When the talking stopped,no music just playing volleyball and the score went to 31-31
2)When Hinata grab Kageyama and expressed his frustration,not in a bad way.
3)When they sat down eating and at the same time crying,it was so touching.

This loss wil only make them stronger,the raves will fly again!
Sep 14, 2014 7:06 AM

Jun 2014
Actually the part when the music stopped put me off because i felt like they re used a lot of the scenes.
Sep 14, 2014 7:23 AM

Jul 2010
... Can't help but cry a little from them losing such an awesome game.
Being over 30 points :(
Kunimi having the reserved energy to play at his fullest, and Oikawa able to read the last spike.
The build up to Hinata's spike, never thought it would get blocked.
The music and their facial expression when they were eating... T.T,ah.
To eat and get stronger and take the loss and reach even greater heights.
Really enjoyed the management team's encouragement and thoughts.
Sep 14, 2014 7:29 AM

Aug 2010
Did not except them to lose.. great show.
Sep 14, 2014 7:42 AM

Aug 2009
Zentensa said:
this last episode were a pure waste, i feel tricked.

why the fuck loosign after 23 fuckin damn episode.

fck it

Imagine reading 69 chapters and they lose. This was a long game and a tough one at that. When I read the manga I surely thought they would win just like everyone else. When they lost my heart dropped to the floor I had to take a break from reading I was so bummed out.

Great episode as usual. I still felt all those pure emotions even when I knew what was going to happen next. That eating scene while crying was preferably done better in the anime than in the manga. So many feels right now. Such an amazing anime. Second season please.

Sep 14, 2014 7:48 AM

Jan 2012
Aww I actually didn't want Seijoh to lose but now I feel so bad for Karasuno :(

The last scene made me cry :(
Funny how Tsukishima is the only one not crying ^^"
Sep 14, 2014 7:55 AM
Oct 2010
Really good episode, I kinda expected the loss. If you guys didn't notice a reoccuring theme in this show is overcoming the lows of sports and of life. Losing in the major tournament is part of that for kageyama and hinata's character development. It was the same for Oikawa and Asahi etc....
Sep 14, 2014 7:59 AM

Jan 2011
Kinda expected Karasuno to lose though. Dat scene where they ate gave me too much feels.

That's the end of the tournament for them. Wonder how will the last ep end.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Sep 14, 2014 8:17 AM

May 2012
MY EYES T.T
Sep 14, 2014 8:24 AM

Jul 2012
Honestly, I didn't see the loss coming in the manga. But even if didn't already know this was gonna happen, I understand why it had it be this way. A win wouldn't have made sense either way, especially with that episode count. And I'm so satisfied with how it turned out in the anime, the bittersweet feeling really comes across. Win or lose, the matches are always bittersweet, it's cool how you find yourself rooting for everyone. And so many important things happened - Kageyama's character development, Takeda Sensei's words to Kageyama and Hinata (really cool moment imo) and how it opens them up for more development, and then the last scene with them all sobbing hysterically while eating (bless that scene, bless this anime and it's gross/cheesy crybaby moments). And even the characters in Aoba Josai, they were really well done, even the heaping pile of trash that is Oikawa Tooru, he's such a good character. He's so terrifying and ridiculous, and in the end there he acknowledged Kageyama.

I'm just so satisfied, and we still get one more episode, and an OVA is in the works too (WHICH I'M HELLA PUMPED FOR BECAUSE I'M PRETTY SURE IT INVOLVES NEKOMA). I'm super confident in the possibility of a season 2. The manga is doing well, the anime did well, and the plot possibilities are there. It'll fall in place in time. *Sighs* though, one more week. I'm gonna miss looking forward to new episodes. Definitely gonna rewatch when it's all finished airing, and will probably reread the manga too.
Sep 14, 2014 8:26 AM

Oct 2013
skudoops said:
Really good episode, I kinda expected the loss. If you guys didn't notice a reoccuring theme in this show is overcoming the lows of sports and of life. Losing in the major tournament is part of that for kageyama and hinata's character development. It was the same for Oikawa and Asahi etc....

It was for Oikawa? It is! He never won a tournament, never bet Shiratorizawa, since middle school! 5 years always loosing!
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

302 by Leggoo »»
Apr 25, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2014

154 by AnimeBeckYor »»
Apr 20, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2014

325 by Carpal_Tunnel69 »»
Apr 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

169 by ElGuaguaso »»
Mar 29, 12:50 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2014

171 by Arizona89 »»
Mar 27, 6:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.