Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 7, 2014 1:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I really like the momentum of this match from both teams actually. Karasuno is facing a bit of a problem now. It seems like the camera focuses on Hinata a bit more so I guess it's to emphasize some of his ace shots.

LOL, some of the poses on the team were just hilarious. I like how some of the creativity in this match as well. I mean, using feet? Cool. What a great match. It didn't waste a single minute of action.
Stark700Sep 7, 2014 2:29 AM
Sep 7, 2014 1:28 AM

Nov 2007
Despite in strong team, NamiDai's character is still afraid of that main guy.

Giving up the fearsome wall to prevent that main guy's shot. Then that guy with the megane guy is finally in, but failed. Then everyone's all out. One point left.

Two more eps.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 7, 2014 2:35 AM

May 2013
Such a great episode but that should be redundant for this series at this point. I can't get enough. The strategy is great and I love how every character got a spotlight this match (everything isn't reliant on one character, Hinata and Kageyama are definitely the forefront but they wouldn't be able to get anywhere without their other teammates and they still have some growing to do), even though Tamaguchi missed his serve, he still tried and gave Karasuno momentum to keep pushing. Hinata has come so far, he didn't even want to become a decoy at first but now he's such a great decoy, he's even drawing in Kageyama. At the same time, Seijoh isn't giving up either, they keep pulling ahead but Karsuno is catching up. You can almost feel the tension and how much each team wants to win.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Sep 7, 2014 2:50 AM

Apr 2014
Oh Gosh I came after watching this episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2014 2:57 AM

Aug 2014
SO. FREAKING. INTENSE.

Easily one of the best episodes of the anime run. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time and the climax was awesome.
I was not expecting Tamaguchi to play at all, I'm glad he had a chance.

This is easily the best way to celebrate a point!
HollwegSep 7, 2014 3:03 AM
Sep 7, 2014 2:59 AM

Feb 2013
This is bad for my heart
Sep 7, 2014 3:09 AM

Jan 2011
Haikyuu HYPEEEEE!!!! My goodness, this episode was amazing. Aoba Johsai is definitely a tough team but Karasuno's team fighting spirit is also strong. Hinata's broad cross is godly but Aoba Johsai were able to counter it eventually. I was so hyped when Yamaguchi was getting onto the court, for the first time in a game. Everyone was feeling nervous for him but the poses from the players on the bench was hilarious. xD Yamaguchi's jump floater will definitely be useful in future games, really looking forward to that. Even though he failed the serve he was able to change the momentum of the game and liven up Karasuno's spirit. :D

Those last few minutes of the episode were the best! I felt so into it that I was cheering for Karasuno to keep fighting on and try to get a break. xD Tanaka saving the ball with his leg was nice! Daichi's block with his arm was just awesome and I really liked it when they showed him, Tanaka and Kageyama thinking 'I'm not going to lose!'. The when Oikawa was about to set but then Kageyama's hand came into vision made me go crazy happy. That moment was just amazing and Hinata spiking through~ As always the music and animation were top-notch. God, I need the OST. <3 2 more episodes left, this needs a season 2!
5/5
Sep 7, 2014 3:17 AM

Dec 2012
This 3rd set is getting intense. Hinata and everyone are doing a great job.
Nice to see that Yamaguchi got a chance to play.
Come on Karasuno You can win this.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 7, 2014 3:19 AM

Apr 2013
This final set is so close! Kageyama's one handed toss to Hinata was amazing. That was a great way to end the episode. Let's go Karasuno!
Sep 7, 2014 3:25 AM

Nov 2012
Amazing episode. Really got me pumped up. Yamaguchi got me to pause the episode and scream into a pillow though.
Sep 7, 2014 3:26 AM

Jun 2011
asjhdgasgh that was so intense. omg I can't.

Yamaguchi got a chance to play :D
The one handed toss was to Hinata was awesome askdjaksjdh
Sep 7, 2014 3:33 AM

Nov 2012
holy shit, this was intense!
poor yamaguchi though, it's his first time in a real match and then he messes up :(
Sep 7, 2014 4:02 AM

Jul 2013
What the hell.
That was bloody intense. 24 all now.
Despite how strong Aoba Josai is, they're all still quite afraid of what Hinata is capable of doing.
Yamaguchi pinch serving, and stuffs it up. At least there's going to be a next time for him :D That moment also changed the mood Karasuno's team.
LOL the guys monologues when Yamaguchi got on the court. Especially Kageyama's XD
"I think the back of my head is a little safer than if Hinata was serving"

Just two more episodes. Next episode to decide it.
Sep 7, 2014 4:09 AM

Feb 2012
What an intense episode! That pinch serve failed miserably, but it was funny though! I hope Yamaguchi improves coz I wanna see more of him in other matches. I'm hoping they'll win because I want to see them beat Nekoma High School as well.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Sep 7, 2014 4:10 AM

Aug 2008
Ok, peeps, if you are going to read the manga when the anime ends, consider reading the manga from the start, they kind of cut of many bits of the manga that I loved.
The one thing I was the most bothered is that they didn't show that Noya-san was surprised at the Libero at Aoja did the receive at the line (it would have been better if they showed).
But one thing I especially liked better than in the manga is the scenes where Karasuno's hand catched up with Oikawa and grabbed his shirt. This is more clear in the anime than in the manga.

I was nervous watching Yamaguchi serving, even though I knew he's going to fail, poor Yamaguchi. :(
KuriniSep 7, 2014 4:14 AM
Sep 7, 2014 4:22 AM

Jan 2013
Man I was incredibly surprised that Ukai got Yamaguchi to serve! I was rooting for his serve to make it in but it sadly it didn't D: nevertheless he finally had his moment on the court! I lmao'd when Sugawara and others did that pose for him.

Though I know how the match ends (thanks to the heartless people who think it's funny to spoil it for everyone sigh), I am very pumped for the next episode! It's great to see both teams giving their all.
Sep 7, 2014 4:32 AM

Feb 2013
My mood changed wih the team while watching this! so pumped up after last scene!

I have to say when Yamaguchi went in to serve I tought 'are we so desperate?!' (I'm sorry Yamaguchi ^^") but it was nice to see him enter the court for the first time
Kurini said:

But one thing I especially liked better than in the manga is the scenes where Karasuno's hand catched up with Oikawa and grabbed his shirt.

I know it may seem an obvious scene but I really liked it too

No Blood! No Bone! No Ash!
Sep 7, 2014 4:33 AM

Jan 2011
Sick one-handed toss with an epic follow-up by Hinata.

Sad pinch server is sad. Was kinda hoping for him to get that jump floater in though.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Sep 7, 2014 4:35 AM

Aug 2014
Me, during the whole episode.

The bench cheering Yamaguchi up was hilarious, too.

Sep 7, 2014 4:49 AM

Jun 2010
I've read the manga. I know what's going to happen but man, I still can't stop grinning. Too freaking epic.
Sep 7, 2014 5:07 AM

Oct 2013
What the!?
Did they just suddenly decide to reduce the budget drastically
Or am I the only one who have just come realize that their faces and the animation is messed up all this time?

Aside from the animation
It is a good episode as usual
"Burn the heretics"
Sep 7, 2014 5:29 AM

Nov 2013
GoMarcia said:
Oh Gosh I came after watching this episode

This episode was everything I was hoping it to be <3
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Sep 7, 2014 5:45 AM

Aug 2009
Toaki90 said:
What the!?
Or am I the only one who have just come realize that their faces and the animation is messed up all this time?

Aside from the animation

it's not just you! i also noticed that the quality of the animation has really gone down, especially if you compare it to some of the early episodes of haikyuu!! ): but the series is still great, and im hoping that its because they are saving some budget for the next 2 episodes....

Signature made by PresSiT. (:
Sep 7, 2014 6:14 AM

Mar 2013
amandaa23 said:
Toaki90 said:
What the!?

Aside from the animation

it's not just you! i also noticed that the quality of the animation has really gone down, especially if you compare it to some of the early episodes of haikyuu!! ): but the series is still great, and im hoping that its because they are saving some budget for the next 2 episodes....

Yeah I'm guessing the use of high quality animation in the 1st cour affected the 2nd cour heavily, animation was bound to have gone down, even with the phenomenal sales.
Sep 7, 2014 6:21 AM

Jun 2013
And they're TIED now!!
Those few last episodes are sooo intense! It's been a while I was this hooked up on an anime.
Poor Yamaguchi but I bet he'll do great in the next match!
well I'm too excited now dor the next episode, too bad only 2 left
Sep 7, 2014 6:33 AM

Mar 2014
Great shit, indeed.
Sep 7, 2014 6:56 AM

Jun 2014
Even if the animation isin't as good (they probably used most the budget at first), the episode was still **** awesome :D

I hope there will be a season 2 and they probably get a bigger budget (how is it doing in japan anyone ?)
Sep 7, 2014 6:57 AM
Jun 2014
What a great episode, i was screaming and laughing on my pillow for everything they did. I like how they let yamaguchi serve and it was ok if he missed either they will get fired up if he had scored or missed. The good thing captain and coach raised his moral so next time he wants to stay longer in the court and keep playing with the team. I like how they ended it, put a smile on my face can't wait for next week and the manga will be read next week
Sep 7, 2014 7:25 AM

Aug 2010
Epic!! TOO FRIGGIN EPIC!! >.<!!

The tension at the end was just amazing!! Dat one hand toss by Tobio followed by Hinata's spike gave me chills!!!

The senpai's reactions to Yamaguchi going into the court were lol XD They're just as nervous while Tobio is just relieved that Hinata won't hit him XD And the faces Yamaguchi saw on them and Aoba were lol XD

Loved the serious faces Karasuno had after Yamaguchi went out. So reliable :D

Hinata's save when he got his face hit the ground gotta hurt XD

But really! GOOSEBUMPS!! Loving the poll on this thread :3
Barion-ZaraSep 7, 2014 7:34 AM
Sep 7, 2014 7:25 AM

Aug 2010
Great episode. So damn intense.
Sep 7, 2014 7:26 AM

Jan 2012
Aww somehow I feel bad for Aoba Johsai... though I'd feel bad if Karasuno lost too...
Sep 7, 2014 7:43 AM

May 2013
Good episode. That was a nice play at the end. This is so close. I really don't know who is going to win this one.
Sep 7, 2014 7:45 AM

May 2013
Oh man that cliffhanger!

24-24 is the score, the final serve has everyone's hard work and determination behind it :o
Sep 7, 2014 7:56 AM

Jun 2014
SalmonSandwich said:
amandaa23 said:

Yeah I'm guessing the use of high quality animation in the 1st cour affected the 2nd cour heavily, animation was bound to have gone down, even with the phenomenal sales.

Glad to know that I wasn't the only one who noticed it. It's okay though, the plot is getting so intense now.

Its 24-24 and I cant wait for the 24th episode!
One hell of a cliffhanger, super intense, the 3rd set was incredibly well done and I hope we have a real good ending to this match.

Team Blackbeard||Hot Seat Thread||-主人-様 <3||DIE
Sep 7, 2014 8:18 AM

Jun 2014
It was simply amazing. It was climax at every second that i actually forgotten to breathe, which is extemely rare for me when i watch anime. The best eps by far in my opinion.
Sep 7, 2014 8:23 AM

Jul 2013
My god, it ends with the points on 24-24. Damn I felt the intensity from the set match and everyone is going full out.

I felt bad for Yamaguchi, when he served failed, though he did a good job with that jump float though.

Sep 7, 2014 8:29 AM

Dec 2011
Toaki90 said:
What the!?

Yep, I noticed that too.
Well, but it's Haikyuu so it was great even with the less better animation than usual.
Sep 7, 2014 8:37 AM

Jul 2014
gosh, that was nerve wrecking, I must have lost a few year of my lives watching that ep.
How do I signature?
Sep 7, 2014 8:44 AM

Oct 2013
The episode was awesome as usual!

Unfortunately I have somethings bad to talk about this episode:
- The animation was inconsistent, in some places it was beautiful and amazing but in others it was off. It seems like the budget and the time they spent in making other places amazing is coming to bite their asses now, and the ones suffer aren't only the production but the viewers as well :'(

- The episode condensed to much content. This episode used 5 chapters full of content. While overall the episode is still amazing, but they are removing a lot of excellent stuff and making scenes awkward like the Oikawa fangirls and the neighborhood volleyball club members and their explanation of the game.

- The impact of certain scenes while still great in this episode, in the manga are way more impactful.Maybe because of the animation and the rushing of this episode? I don't really know, but is a shame because I wanted to see those scenes with full impact.
bigivelfhqSep 7, 2014 8:48 AM
Sep 7, 2014 9:23 AM

Aug 2013
Yamaguchi might have hit the net, but he did successfully make it float! That's got to count for something right?

I actually liked the exposition between the neighborhood guys and the fangirls. I especially liked how as the match has progressed the girls have seemed to get wrapped up more and more with the game instead of just screaming for Oikawa. It felt like Karasuno was stealing their attention from him slowly but surely. I kind of wish that the Karasuno Girls team got to watch this match too though. They could count it toward their club activities right? Right?
Sep 7, 2014 9:37 AM
Nov 2013
R- said:
This is bad for my heart

Blitzkriag said:
gosh, that was nerve wrecking, I must have lost a few year of my lives watching that ep.

well those pretty sum up my own reaction *was screaming internally during the whole ep*
Sep 7, 2014 9:55 AM
Oct 2010
Glad to see I was not the only one hyperventilating during this episode... It was truly intense!! (most popular word in this thread so far haha)
On a side note, I laughed so hard when Oikawa "missed" that serve! Even the best players fail... it gives some sense of reality to the show which is great. Poor Yamaguchi tho...Hope he gets another chance soon! (before this season ends?? please???)

Sep 7, 2014 10:19 AM

Sep 2011
maan, the best episode so far..
Sep 7, 2014 10:38 AM

Jul 2010
Their Libero being a setter too!
Tanaka calling that feint annoying xD
Performing at 100% yet the gap is still there! Just got to perform at 120% to be able to reach Aoba Johsai!
The broad cross only working once then getting countered :(
All those rally back and forth!
Tadashi getting sent out as the pinch shooter xD That face! Though the serve failed, it really switched the momentum! I really liked the "Tadashi, nice serve" cheer ^^
Both teams not wanting to loose and at the end to finally grab the shirt! Time go pull it back :)
I couldn't stop smiling out of excitement :D
Sep 7, 2014 10:45 AM

May 2010
someone who has read the manga please tell me if they are going to win all the tournament matches or not.

please confirm.
Sep 7, 2014 10:53 AM

Aug 2009
Kerozinn said:
someone who has read the manga please tell me if they are going to win all the tournament matches or not.

please confirm.

Signature made by PresSiT. (:
Sep 7, 2014 11:00 AM

Jun 2012
THIS FUCKING EPISODE

I can't believe the finale is next week, i was gritting my teeth like shit towards the end of that, fuck me. Almost screaming geez, getting more hyped than most people over football.

I'm shaking jesus, this last episode is going to be the shit, so excited
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Sep 7, 2014 11:26 AM

Aug 2014
Phoenix Wright Suspense theme vibe from the track near the middle of the episode. Fitting. Overall the OST complements the show very well. The tension near the end was great.
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 7, 2014 11:29 AM

May 2010
amandaa23 said:
Kerozinn said:

please confirm.

thanks for the answer. someone else just send me a message and said pretty much the same ;)
Sep 7, 2014 11:32 AM
Jul 2018
That was so close, Karasuno almost lost the match. Hinata saved the day!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

302 by Leggoo »»
Apr 25, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2014

154 by AnimeBeckYor »»
Apr 20, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2014

325 by Carpal_Tunnel69 »»
Apr 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

169 by ElGuaguaso »»
Mar 29, 12:50 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2014

171 by Arizona89 »»
Mar 27, 6:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.