Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 5, 2014 3:09 PM

Feb 2014
Yeah, somehow the introduction of those 16 "managed" to slow the pace down. I though the battle would be over on this episode. It's Bean's fault for talking so slowly.--

On the other hand, Alluka just so cute, darn it.

Waiting for next week is too long.
Aug 5, 2014 3:11 PM

Mar 2010
I just love this anime so so so so much. The writing. The complexity. The EVERYTHING.

Another brilliant episode.
Aug 5, 2014 3:15 PM
Mar 2014
Gotoh vs Hisoka !
Aug 5, 2014 3:17 PM

May 2013
I can't believe I'm saying this but the manga version > MH version, also 1,5 chapter for an episode doesn't work for me.The pacing is too slow for my liking, shame because this will be my last HxH I will see for a while and I was really looking forward to this episode.

3/5

Also its nice that Togashi balances out Hisoka, Chrollo and Illumi power levels. Fanboys used to say that Hisoka > Illumi didn't try to kill Gon after Hisoka told him not to. 300 chapters the vice versa happens and Hisoka is the one to back down. The truth is that a fight between those 3 can go either way.
SaSa-ZoldyckAug 5, 2014 3:22 PM
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Aug 5, 2014 3:20 PM

Jan 2011
i hope Hisoka brutally kills the butler, he hasnt been a threat or done anything impressive for a long time
Aug 5, 2014 3:21 PM

Jun 2009
SaSa-Zoldyck said:
I can't believe I'm saying this but the manga version > MH version, also 1,5 chapter for an episode doesn't work for me.The pacing is too slow for my liking, shame because this will be my last HxH I will see for a while and I was really looking forward to this episode.

3/5

Yeah, I honestly think I prefer the manga version of this arc a little more as well. Though not because of the pacing so much as scenes like the car crash weren't particularly well done in this version imo.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 5, 2014 3:27 PM

May 2013
insan3Spectre said:
SaSa-Zoldyck said:

3/5

Yeah, I honestly think I prefer the manga version of this arc a little more as well. Though not because of the pacing so much as scenes like the car crash weren't particularly well done in this version imo.

I disliked the car scene mosly because it took a long ass time to get there. In the manga it went from a cool phone call to a truck driving Killua's car out of the cliff in few pages.

:-|
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Aug 5, 2014 3:31 PM

Jul 2010
"Hisoka and Gotoh are about to engage in battle."
Thank you for that, narrator. I had no clue.
He usually has pretty meaningful things to say, so that surprised me a bit. xD

Anyways, really great episode. I can't get enough of KilluaxAlluka adorableness. It's just way too endearing, especially since I have an older brother myself. Sibling love is pretty deep.
(As we also see with Illumi's bloodlust, hehe. He totally has a thing for my Killua.)

Good thing Killua got out before Hisoka came around. Since it looks like Illumi is chasing him from the episode preview, I wonder what role Tsubone plays in all this. She seems to be bent on bringing Killua back so he can be an assassin.

Loving these family dynamics. CR didn't translate the chart, wish I could read it.

Hannah_Ana said:
Hisoka can go from moe
to sexy
faster than the speed of light.

Always forget how sexy he is because of the perviness.
fishergirl16Aug 5, 2014 3:35 PM
Aug 5, 2014 3:33 PM

Nov 2012
WK-Heisenberg said:
They had to introduce those 16, some of them will play a fairly important role, and you will hear of some of them even in the next arc...

I have to say that Mad House is doing a masterpiece with this anime, nothing to point out, excellent job. It's disappointing to know that after this arc the series will take a long break.

next arc probably being animated in about 10 years from now lmao
not counting the usual 1 year+ togashi hiatusxhiatus
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 5, 2014 3:34 PM

May 2013
fishergirl16 said:
"Hisoka and Gotoh are about to engage in battle."
Thank you for that, narrator. I had no clue.
He usually has pretty meaningful things to say, so that surprised me a bit. xD

Anyways, really great episode. I can't get enough of KilluaxAlluka adorableness. It's just way too endearing, especially since I have an older brother myself. Sibling love is pretty deep.
(As we also see with Illumi's bloodlust, hehe. He totally has a thing for my Killua.)

Good thing Killua got out before Hisoka came around. Since it looks like Illumi is chasing him from the episode preview, I wonder what role Tsubone plays in all this. She seems to be bent on bringing Killua back so he can be an assassin.

Loving these family dynamics. CR didn't translate the chart, wish I could read it.

bleachjoj said:
Cruncyroll didn't translate the Family graph so here is the manga translation

http://images.wikia.com/hunterxhunter/images/archive/c/c7/20120417122937!Zoldyck-relationships.jpg
Aug 5, 2014 3:35 PM
Apr 2013
I've been waiting for the Illumi death glare to be animated and it did not disappoint.

Meanwhile Alluka just continues to be the cutest thing. It seems Togashi can do moe as well as he can do shounen.
Aug 5, 2014 3:36 PM

Sep 2012
Kawai aluka :3
Hyped for the next battle!
Aug 5, 2014 3:50 PM

Jan 2013
hmm I thought they would finish the fight in this episode.

Still holding hope that 334-335 will be in the same episode and directed by Mori. It would be the best episode of this arc for me. >_<
Aug 5, 2014 4:00 PM

May 2010
Hisoka was wearing heels this episode...anyone else noticed?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 5, 2014 4:09 PM

May 2013
Alluka was so cute this ep. her asking if theyre better of without her was really really sad. illumi was real scray i didnt see that coming at all
Aug 5, 2014 4:10 PM

Oct 2013
Confucius said:
Hisoka was wearing heels this episode...anyone else noticed?

He is wearing heels since the beginning of the arc.

Even in the Heaven Arena arc if I remember well.
Aug 5, 2014 4:20 PM

Aug 2013
I hate Leorio, his character is so lame. Too much emotion. WHERE IS KURAPIKAAAAA DD;

Gotoh is so badass like damn. Canary used her GTA skills in this episode I see ;)

I absolutely loved the part when Illumi wanted to kill Hisoka, MY FAV PART!
Aug 5, 2014 4:25 PM

Jul 2013
I can't decide whether I like Illumi or not.

Also, though I love Killua I can't decide whether I think he's doing the right thing or not. Especially with all the people that could die if he can't fulfill the requests.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Aug 5, 2014 4:48 PM

Sep 2011
And I thought this episode is the fight. *sigh*

Oh well. ^_^

--------------------------------------

I can relate to this old lady.

Seeing the once little runt you helped raise now doing incredible things really makes you proud and teary-eyed. ^_^

While others see Killua and Alluka part to be the feel good scene, this is my feel good scene.
Aug 5, 2014 4:49 PM
Oct 2013
Killua is such a good brother. So is Illumi, in some kind of weird way.

And that face of Alluka, she's sooo cuuuute..<3
Aug 5, 2014 4:52 PM

Aug 2009
KILLUA IS THE CUTEST!
My god his love for Alluka makes me love him even more. UGH stop being such a cutie will ya!?
Good episode. So nice to see Hisoka fighting once again. Its been awhile.
I am absolutely content with all this Killua we have going on here.

Aug 5, 2014 4:53 PM

Dec 2011
I loved seeing Alluka's melting moe face animated. And it's interesting to see Killua's older brother side too.
insan3Spectre said:

Some new music this episode? It was pretty nice. Hisoka being awesome as usual, the same for Killua. I noticed that Killua never shows his "killing intent" face to Alluka. Pretty interesting. I surprisingly missed that in the manga.

I missed that too. The difference between his "kind big brother" face and "cold-blooded assassin" face is slightly more obvious in the anime.

Hisoka trolling Illumi is the best thing. I look forward to Hisoka vs. Gotoh next episode.
Aug 5, 2014 4:53 PM

Jul 2013
Damn, I was expecting to see Hisoka vs Gotoh this episode, the week wait is going to be a killer.

The truck scene was intense.

I hate children, but if they were as adorable as Alluka then I probably wouldn't mind having some.

Every time Godspeed is shown I get so much hype, it's just so awesome. Never get tired of it.

Been waiting to see Illumi's bloodlust moment for a while. Hisoka trolling him was hilarious.

Good episode, 4/5.

The thing about the anime going on hiatus, what I'm worried about is not the hiatus itself, but rather the fact that it may not get picked up by Madhouse again later on. Is it 100% confirmed that it will get picked up again?
MinagatachiAug 5, 2014 4:57 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2014 4:57 PM

Jul 2012
tsubone is so proud of killiua <3 maybe tsubone is the strongest butler cause shes old kinda zeno age
illumi is creepy scary

loled at family graph no one wants milluki
KurokokoyAug 5, 2014 5:03 PM
Cty Best mid
Aug 5, 2014 4:58 PM

Aug 2010
Alluka's smile was too moe. Really like seeing all these moments between the two siblings.
Aug 5, 2014 5:05 PM

Dec 2013
I feel like Hisoka is going to betray Illumni so that Killia can save gon.

Syrup-
Trust me when I give you this profound answer:
It's shit.

Aug 5, 2014 5:08 PM

Jul 2012
Lmao @ Leorio in 3rd for punching Ging.

Alluka's face was so damn adorable :)
Aug 5, 2014 5:22 PM

Jul 2010
The top 16 with Biscuit in it too!
The Zodyck internal struggle! Illumi trying to kill Alluka with all those cars as a distraction.
Hisoka wanting Gon to live too with a mission to kill the butlers!
That smile by Alluka ^^

Hisoka versus Gotoh though!!! Just how strong are the Zodyck butlers!
Aug 5, 2014 5:29 PM

Oct 2012
Hisoka was awesome in this episode. Really looking forward to next week episode.
Aug 5, 2014 5:42 PM
Jul 2014
I like how tsubone is actually following killua altho hes using godspeed, just makes me wonder how strong is she
Aug 5, 2014 5:46 PM

May 2013
WHAT A F*CKING CHAOTIC EPISODE! MY GOD THIS IS WHY I LOVE HxH FROM BEGINNING TO ENDING THIS WAS F*CKING AMAZING. IT WAS FUNNY, DRAMATIC, SERIOUS, EMOTIONAL EVERYTHING GOOD ALL IN ONE!!!!! THIS IS WHY HUNTER X HUNTER REIGNS SUPREME AS MY FAVOURITE ANIME OF ALL TIME! HXH FOR THE MOTHAF*CKING WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10/5. Just everything, it was great. Too many great moments to mention. I really loved Killua telling Alluka that he loves her, Killua's become such a sweet guy I used to hate Killua but I love him so much! Killua was such a badass in this episode, he shined man! EFFIN GREAT! Can't wait to see Hisoka in action, him and Gotoh is sure to be a good one! I don't want either to lose or die, HXH for the win! GREAT EPISODE, NEXT WEEKS WILL BE CRAZY TOO! 10/5, SHOUTOUT TO MADHOUSE AND TOGASHI AND WHOEVER HELPED OUT WITH HUNTER X HUNTER! HXH FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!

Aug 5, 2014 6:10 PM

Nov 2011
bleachjoj said:
Cruncyroll didn't translate the Family graph so here is the manga translation

http://images.wikia.com/hunterxhunter/images/archive/c/c7/20120417122937!Zoldyck-relationships.jpg

Thanks for sharing that.

I already knew the top 16 contenders. I've been pausing to read the tallies. >.>;

The car scene and family internal conflict was pretty interesting. Killua and Alluka are as cute as ever. The troll moment between Hisoka and Illumi was pretty funny. Hopefully he'll end up crossing Illumi to help save Gon... Speaking of Hisoka, I'm pretty sad right now: Gotoh is my favorite butler, and it seems very unlikely that he'll even live through this, let alone win. Still, the coin moment was cool.

The pacing felt a bit slow this episode. Or rather, the episode felt short thanks to the long top 16 list. The wait is going to be a bit harder this week, I think.
Aug 5, 2014 6:30 PM

Jun 2013
Aug 5, 2014 6:52 PM
Jan 2014
ok alluka's face was just too cute and adorable, made me smile as well haha. A battle between hisoka and gotoh should be interesting but i like gotoh so i hope nothing happens to him. I also hope hisoka helps out killua to save gon.
Aug 5, 2014 6:53 PM

Oct 2013
Good episode. The second half of the episode is when things really get interesting. Hisoka is so fucking cool. :3 4/5
Aug 5, 2014 7:24 PM

Mar 2014
Lol for a moment Hisoka's trolling face look just like Pariston's

The candidates introduction felt a bit too long, but it's a nice way to introduce some potential players in the future and I don't think they can fast-forward the scene anymore than that.
LLawliedAug 5, 2014 7:33 PM
Aug 5, 2014 7:35 PM

Jun 2013
KumaKing said:

Thank you.
Aug 5, 2014 7:48 PM

Jan 2013
It's been a long time since Hisoka fought. After the Chimera Ant King and royal guard all human antagonists don't seem that strong.
Aug 5, 2014 8:06 PM

Oct 2013
Great episode!!! Illumi's bloodlust O.O

Killua and Alluka are really cute...The development seems interesting and Hisoka vs Gotoh!! RIP Gotoh, no way he can win against Hisoka..
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Aug 5, 2014 8:22 PM

May 2013
So many great moments I can't even begin to count! So I won't -- I'll just say lol at Biscuit: "More and more people want her to scold them." lolwut

On the topic of Biscuit however, I still think all the names in this series are goddamn ridiculous. BUSHIDORA AMBITIOUS.

EDIT: Shit, I wanted to mention that I love the new OSTs. It's always a treat, and really helps to give the arcs their own identity. These new ones are kind of a mix between the somber and the quirky that came before -- very appropriate.
StarmacAug 5, 2014 8:31 PM
Aug 5, 2014 8:29 PM

Sep 2013
Amane is Tsubone's granddaughter :O she's gonna be powerful when she gets older.
I wonder if they will make the Hisoka/Gotoh fight longer like they did the truck scene :O

RediceRyan said:
It's been a long time since Hisoka fought. After the Chimera Ant King and royal guard all human antagonists don't seem that strong.

Not really, I'm sure most of the phantom troupe and Hisoka can beat pouf and youpi and maybe 2 or 3 can beat pitou :)
Aug 5, 2014 8:29 PM

Jan 2010
This was an epic episode after a long time. Don't get me wrong, this anime has held up quite well after the finale of CA arc which I believe is the peak never reached by any other shonen before. But in the Chairman Election arc most of the episodes have been just good, but not intense. This episode was intense, due to the depth in the plot as well as the thrilling sequences.
Aug 5, 2014 8:32 PM

May 2012
ichii_1 said:

RediceRyan said:

Not really, I'm sure most of the phantom troupe and Hisoka can beat pouf and youpi and maybe 2 or 3 can beat pitou :)

Yeah I don't think so.
Aug 5, 2014 8:36 PM

Jan 2010
ichii_1 said:
RediceRyan said:

You are way off on this one. You seem to have forgotten how strong Youpi was, the royal guard who seems to be the weakest among 3 according to you (it could easily be the opposite). The guy had the ability kill Morel, Knuckle, Shoot in one solid punch if they weren't playing the distraction game on him. All three guys who can hold their own or even kill some Troupe members. He also was the most durable of Royal Guards, zero damage after engaging in a battle against 4 (Killua included).
Aug 5, 2014 8:40 PM
Jul 2014
Illumi's bloodlust freaked me out. Looking forward to Hisoka's and Gotou's fight.
Aug 5, 2014 8:41 PM

Jan 2009
damn Gotoh will die at the hands of Hisoka
Aug 5, 2014 9:21 PM

Mar 2012
I didn't remember about Morel being a star hunter... Well shit, he's fucking weak.
Ahahahah I laughed so hard when they mentioned Ging in that list ahahahahah
Hisoka someday will be fucked because of his play, I also don't think he's able to deal with the strongest Star Hunters. Also Illumi doesn't seem to be much stronger than Hisoka, they seem to have the same strength.
Gotoh is going to... Well, it's against Hisoka so I guess everyone knows what will happen with him even without reading the manga =)

Good episode.
Aug 5, 2014 9:55 PM

Jan 2014
Fantastic episode. Things are afoot, both in the election and the Zoldyck fiasco. Love episodes like this.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Aug 5, 2014 10:03 PM

Sep 2013
jonnyhan said:
ichii_1 said:

You are way off on this one. You seem to have forgotten how strong Youpi was, the royal guard who seems to be the weakest among 3 according to you (it could easily be the opposite). The guy had the ability kill Morel, Knuckle, Shoot in one solid punch if they weren't playing the distraction game on him. All three guys who can hold their own or even kill some Troupe members. He also was the most durable of Royal Guards, zero damage after engaging in a battle against 4 (Killua included).

All of them will get bodied by anyone in the troupe (excluding non fighting members like kortopi, shizuku)
Including killua or do you think he can beat nobunaga?

Phinks swing his arm around about 40 times and instantly destroys youpi since knuckle can keep up with him, he will have no problem.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.