Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 24, 2014 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The chicken and the art is BACK. About time again.

It was somewhat of a refreshing episode I guess. Yukinari's curiosity about Touko's love life was kinda obvious. The mood sure felt awkward though. Inb4 incoming misunderstandings
Stark700Jul 24, 2014 7:28 AM
Jul 24, 2014 8:20 AM

Aug 2013
another great episode, again eyegasm, I can't wait for more!

BTW I'm in Touko x Yuki ship.

Stark700 said:
incoming misunderstandings

heh, right :D

Great date :D
rsc-plJul 24, 2014 9:03 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 24, 2014 8:35 AM

Jun 2013
That moment when the rain was coming down and Okikura was with Yanagi is probably going to give Touko the wrong idea i bet. It was nice that Hiro and Sachi went on a date.
Jul 24, 2014 8:37 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
So, Okikura's mom is a classical musician? Nice!

Yuki deserved that friendship punch for duping Yanagi! XD

Nice seeing Touko and Yanagi settling relationship matters so their friendship stays strong. (^^)

Hiro's clumsiness in front of Sachi were pretty funny. Well, he at least had the courage to ask her to watch a movie together.

Yuki and Touko's little conversations were nice, though a bit awkward. He's still jealous after all..

Okikura and Yanagai's naming talks were hilarious in a way, especially the part where she said "Kakeru is such a weird name" and he goes "Yanagi is a nice name." XD
He's so quick to analyze the characteristics of a person based on the Kanji!

Damnit.. Touko just had to see them together at that precise moment.. A good deal of misunderstanding incoming.

Good episode. I'm really liking the animation and the classical tracks they're playing in each scenes!

Jul 24, 2014 8:38 AM

May 2013
Hiro and Sachi going on a date to the movies, but Hiro's sleeping during the movie lol. Definitely some misunderstandings are gonna happen when Touko saw Yanagi and Okikura.
Jul 24, 2014 8:44 AM

Dec 2011
Um, is this anime even trying to be good anymore? This episode was full of useless scenes like Yanagi saying 'It's going to rain' and Okikura saying 'The rain has stopped'. Some parts were completely random. Like some other person said last week, I don't friggin' know these people and I don't care about their drama and stuff. Instead of showing us how some girl eats pudding or some other girl is drawing chickens, show us some plot. The story has something to do with seeing future and stuff, but so far, nothing about it is clear, like, why is it happening. I think this anime is one of the examples why slice of life shows about high schoolers doing things they do shouldn't involve plot elements from other genres. I would enjoy Glasslip much more if it was about Touko making glass stuff (wasn't this anime originally going to be about that?). I'm continuing to watch this show just to see how everything will be wrapped up, honestly. I'm not bitching, I know I can just 'not watch' it, but I guess I still have or at least want to have faith in this anime.
OG-3Jul 24, 2014 9:10 AM
Jul 24, 2014 8:50 AM

Dec 2010
Lol I thought this episode was much better than the last one. Unnecessary drama of course with Touko spotting the two in that awkward situation...but I'm rooting for Kakeru x Yanagi anyways, so their scene together was a treat.
Jul 24, 2014 8:50 AM

Jul 2014
development keep going slowly, but with this, the romance keep going.

wow that yukinari, so frontal, to assume that touko love kakeru

and what's with yanagi and kakeru? even after that compliment, yanagi isn't blushing? does she only blush with yuki?

and congratulation to hiro with the date, but why the hell are you sleeping? hahaha

nice episode, waiting for the next!
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Jul 24, 2014 8:53 AM
Jan 2014
This was a good ep,

The highlight when Hiro sleeping on his date with Sachi though lol

As others have posted above, it seems a bunch of misunderstandings are coming between Touko and Yanagi.

Next weeks ep should be interesting.
Jul 24, 2014 8:54 AM

Dec 2012
Everything is so stupid that made me laugh. I can't bring myself to like anyone,especially Tokuo who is the most annoying protagonist of the year. I still hope for David to do something interesting,but no,he just acts like the misunderstood lonely artist. Everyone else are a bunch of idiots.
I'll still watch it,at least for fun,which is the only thing they can do and hoping everything will make sense and stop being so random.
Jul 24, 2014 8:55 AM

Dec 2012
OG-3 said:
Um, is this anime even trying to be good anymore? This episode was full of useless scenes like Yanagi saying 'It's going to rain' and Okikura saying 'The rain has stopped'. Some parts were completely random. Like some other person said last week, I don't friggin' know these people and I don't care about their drama and stuff. Instead of showing us how some girl eats pudding or some other girl is drawing chickens, show us some plot. The story has something to do with seeing future and stuff, but so far, nothing about it is clear, like, why is it happening. I think this anime is one of the examples why slice of anime about high schoolers doing things they do shouldn't involve plot elements from other genres. I would enjoy this anime more if this anime was about Touko making glass stuff (wasn't this anime originally going to be about that?). I'm watching this anime just to see how everything will be wrapped up, honestly. I'm not bitching, I know I can just 'not watch' this anime, but I guess I still have or at least want to have faith in this anime.

You're right with everything you said,I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks like that.
Jul 24, 2014 8:56 AM
Jan 2014
Whad'ya know, this episode showcased more CHICKENS, and had some very cheesy moments.

The lack of character developement is kind of killing me. Such a shame.

The visuals are pretty good and so are a few tracks from the OST.

Why did Davi- I mean Kakeru choose to sleep in a tent, when his dad's house is pretty decked out?

Of course Yanagi would trip and fall into Kakeru's arms, while Touko was walking by.

Hiro finally had the chance to go out with Sachi and whad'ya know, he fell asleep.
Jul 24, 2014 9:11 AM

Jan 2014
rsc-pl said:

heh, right :D

:I:I:I i hate this kind of situations,if i were to want this kind of situations i would watch some morning TV drama instead of anime...up until now everyone was so understanding and open to each other,i hope it will be solved quick enough...
They all are hopeless,in the end most possible shipping seems to be Touko x Sachi
Btw what is the deal with Touko?Is she kind of a chicken artist or something?Why is she only drawing chickens...
LoneWizzyJul 24, 2014 9:16 AM
Jul 24, 2014 9:12 AM

Mar 2014
Yana is an idiot, she doesn't even know how to use crouches properly.
Yukio is dick of the season after making that joke about carrying yang.
Also hire sleeping in the movie while he is with the girl he likes is pretty ignorant and disgusting,
He is not worthy of sachi.
I have a feeling things are gonna get extremely complicated, more than usual,
I'm gonna look forwards to it.
zunderdog24Jul 24, 2014 9:20 AM
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Jul 24, 2014 9:13 AM

Apr 2012
And I thought rail wars was bad... Really really don't care what happens to the lot of them. So bored now. First show in over a year that I have dropped.
greeboJul 24, 2014 9:28 AM
Jul 24, 2014 9:15 AM

Dec 2012
hiro is so cute.... seems like he's trying his best to relate with sachi. nice move
Jul 24, 2014 9:15 AM

Sep 2008
Hiro how can you sleep?!
Finally he is on date with Sachi...
Kinda dissapointed...

KakeruxYanagi could be kinda pretty cool ship :)
Since Yuki totally family-zonded her xD

This could fix things if YukixTouko and KakeruxYanagi happen.

The best thing in this series is animation! <3
Jul 24, 2014 9:19 AM
Sep 2013
OG-3 said:
Um, is this anime even trying to be good anymore? This episode was full of useless scenes like Yanagi saying 'It's going to rain' and Okikura saying 'The rain has stopped'. Some parts were completely random. Like some other person said last week, I don't friggin' know these people and I don't care about their drama and stuff. Instead of showing us how some girl eats pudding or some other girl is drawing chickens, show us some plot. The story has something to do with seeing future and stuff, but so far, nothing about it is clear, like, why is it happening. I think this anime is one of the examples why slice of life shows about high schoolers doing things they do shouldn't involve plot elements from other genres. I would enjoy Glasslip much more if it was about Touko making glass stuff (wasn't this anime originally going to be about that?). I'm continuing to watch this show just to see how everything will be wrapped up, honestly. I'm not bitching, I know I can just 'not watch' it, but I guess I still have or at least want to have faith in this anime.

+1 with this.

4 episode and its going nowhere. its way too slow than i expected. The story had a good premise but i wonder how it'll turn out because mostly original anime material will leave lots of plot holes.

OP, ED, Yanagi, Saori Hayami, PA Works, and curiosity keep me watching this one so i hope it turn out to be a good and memorable one

--
Anyone knows why Yanagi and Yukinari live together? Did the "kazoku" word in this episode literally means "family" because they dont bear same family name. I'm getting confused here, maybe i missed something in the first 3 episode?
hahailham1Jul 24, 2014 9:24 AM
Jul 24, 2014 9:19 AM

Sep 2011
I'm still hoping that it will get better.
Jul 24, 2014 9:23 AM

Jan 2008
And the annoying typical misunderstandings in romance anime finally begin. Tohko gets on my nerves with her obliviousness. When Yukinari asked her if she likes Kakeru, she didn't know what to say as she isn't sure about her feelings but the moment she sees Kakeru and Yanagi together, she runs misunderstanding the whole thing. She is either jealous or shocked to see Yanagi with Kakeru.

I'm still hoping for a Yukinari x Tohko ending but after this episode, I don't think it's likely to happen.
Jul 24, 2014 9:35 AM

Aug 2012
As much teasing as they're doing, I don't think it'll end up ship swapped. They've put too much into Touko x Kakeru already. Well, I don't think any of us know where the show is going in general. Hoping to be surprised.
Jul 24, 2014 9:44 AM
Jul 2018
It was nice to hear Chopin once more.
Regarding the anime itself,it is pretty slowpaced,but I don't mind.
Animation is pretty and so is the OST.
Romance is getting complicated,even more so with cliché misunderstanding.
Jul 24, 2014 10:03 AM

Oct 2010
This has been a big disappointment for me so far. I feel nothing for the characters, Kakeru is the only one to not have annoyed me so far, and it often feels like there's not even a story besides the relationship conflicts, which has now gotten worse with the use of typical misunderstanding based drama. Hopefully it'll get better soon, or it could stay mediocre throughout like Red Data Girl.
Jul 24, 2014 10:09 AM

Jun 2013
OG-3 said:

Summed up my feelings. This anime is worth watching for the beautiful animation and sceneries, but the show is aimless and characters soulless. I weep for the people who animated this series beautifully only to have a shitty scriptwriter ruin everything. The animators be like "They what now?" or "I'm supposed to animate this?"
pakokoJul 24, 2014 10:12 AM
Jul 24, 2014 10:15 AM

Jul 2013
Oh that convenient scene in the rain sure isn't going to cause a misunderstanding or anything noooo~ :P
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Jul 24, 2014 10:20 AM

Sep 2011
Oh Hiro-kun, why are you sleeping during your date? LOL.
I still don't get the point of this show. It's like they had to injure Yanagi just to make Okikura catch her. I think I like the Yanagi x David pairing btw.
but the art is really beautiful and I like the OP and ED song.
pew pew pew
Jul 24, 2014 10:21 AM

Feb 2014
It was a nice episode.
Misunderstandings inc.
Jul 24, 2014 10:22 AM
Apr 2014
This anime is getting worse by episodes. :( And isn't Yanagi holding the crutches the wrong way though? Sighssssss.
Jul 24, 2014 10:30 AM

May 2014
This just became unwatchable. I had to constantly pause it in order not to fall asleep. Slice of Life at it's worst. These paper cutouts are moving with no goal in mind, with no reason, just w/e the scriptwriter came up with this week. I have no idea why I', even bothering anymore. And fuck the love polygon drama, my criticism from last week still stands, these aren't people, we don't give a rat's ass about them!

1/5 BORING!
Jul 24, 2014 10:30 AM

Dec 2013
I like it, but I want drama . Real drama :D! I hope that the anime will show us more than only misunderstandings about the couples. I hope the next episodes will revolve more about Toukos and Kakerus ability to look into the future. I like Sachi, but I wouldn't mind if the anime chooses a sad direction and her illness gets worse (Do we even know what illness she has ?).

I even like every possible pairing O.o and I guess the reason is that we don't know a lot about the characters :/.
Days need to be longer. 24 hours isn't enough ...
Jul 24, 2014 10:33 AM

Jul 2010
Hiro I am disappointed finally on a date with Sacchi and sleeps through the movie?!
Oh well men are like that....chick flicks sleep
Oh my god the misunderstandings in this episode
Yanagi and Kakeru really?! Touko it is not what you think
Yuki I feel bad for him
The whole beginning was cool only why sleep outside the house is so big does it only have one bedroom?!
Well atleast I know that Yuki and Yanagi are step siblings.
Jul 24, 2014 10:37 AM
Jan 2013
thought after last episode things would get a lot more interesting but no it has went back to being rubbish and boring with the chicken scenes. Touko has to be the most annoying female character and i feel this episode has been wasted with pointless scenes apart from Hiro making some progress with Sacchi which i am liking and finding it cute and adorable. I am also liking Yanagi x Kakeru pairing but of course it probably won't happen

But still hoping it will get better and more interesting, it's just a shame this anime has amazing art and has so much potential if the script was better written
Jul 24, 2014 10:47 AM

Apr 2014
I don't know why, but I keep feeling like I'm waiting for something to happen...and then nothing happens. I genuinely want to like this series. Nagi no Asukara is my favourite anime, and I'm expecting a lot out of P.A. Works for this one, but at this point...it's four episodes in and I don't know much of anything.

Well, here's my reaction throughout the episode.

Firstly, I think even the tiny scene of Kakeru [ Okikura ]'s personal life really makes him less distant and mysterious, even if by a small amount. Is his mom dead, or is she perhaps traveling on a piano concert tour? I do like how much this anime ties in to classical music; it provides a relaxing backdrop for the series, which is equally tranquil [ but boring at some points ].

Does anyone know of what relationship Yukinari and Yanagi have, actually? Are they siblings, step-siblings, is one of them adopted? I'm terribly confused by this and no matter how it's phrased, Yanagi liking Yukianri just sounds like a tendency towards incest. Please. Don't make this another Kirito/ Suguha romance...

The value that everyone places on friendship in this series is very heartening. Everyone seems a bit worried to advance romantic relationships for fear of destroying their friendships; actually, romantic relationships seem to be such a foreign thought that I don't think Sachi realizes that Hiro likes her, and Touko was surprised to hear Yukinari's confession. Speaking of the latter two, their friendship, while resilient, will be forever changed.

As the series goes on, I'm starting to get the feeling that Kakeru is very introverted, and maybe that's why he comes off as cold and unfeeling. Although I still don't really like him that much as a character, I do think I'm beginning to understand why he acts the way he does. It is a new town, after all, and I know firsthand the difficulty of trying to enter a tightly knit group of friends.

For a last note, does anyone know what was being said at the end, in the movie?

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Jul 24, 2014 10:48 AM

Jul 2013
ofc she had to see that...
yayi so we got a love triangle (square?)
these characters go all drama queens for nothing
Jul 24, 2014 10:54 AM

Nov 2011
I think this show is taking "slice of life" a bit too literally. Where's the plot? Next to nothing happened in this episode.

The art and animation looked a lot better, but it's just fluff without a plot or character expansion. Plot aside, all of the MC's are still one-dimensional characters at this point, with only Kakeru even having a hint of a second dimension. At least flesh out the characters already!

Oh, and Hiro, don't take a girl to a movie if you're going to fall asleep. That's a major turn-off to a lot of people. Show some interest if you're trying to win her over.
Jul 24, 2014 10:56 AM

Dec 2013
Meh not much happened. And I can't tell where is it going..
Jul 24, 2014 11:01 AM

Oct 2013
Jonathan is the best character so far.
Jul 24, 2014 11:06 AM

Mar 2012
I didn't understand why Yukinari said he and Yanagi are a "family", I don't really get it... Are they cousins or something? There isn't such information in MAL.
"Tomodachi punch!" xD
This anime is obviously taking the same path as Nagi no Asukara, but I like stories like that. Drama and misunderstanding everywhere, well, I don't like the misunderstanding part that much, to be honest I hate it :x Why would someone misunderstand things that fast? My brain can't do that, I don't know about everyone else's but I don't think intelligent people would misunderstand that fast.
I admire how Touko's father tries to troll his wife so hard, I want to be totally like him in the future xD
b1GZZJul 24, 2014 11:12 AM
Jul 24, 2014 11:07 AM

Oct 2012
If this was a 2-cour show I'd be much less concerned about the start so far but seeing as its a 1-cour show, it feels like they're squandering their time. There are too many scenes which are unnecessary or don't do enough that they're wasting the limited time they have.

It pretty much all boils down to them trying to do too much for the amount of time they have, they have to develop 6 MCs to the point that we actually care about the drama between the characters. I think it is probably doable but the writing has to be very sharp so that the limited amount of time is maximized and Glasslip's writing just isn't there.

I really want to like it, it has an interesting enough premise to set it apart from other shows but the execution so far has been pretty bad that I'm not optimistic. I'll still watch the whole thing for the PA Scenery porn and just to see what happens so I honestly have no clue at this point.
Jul 24, 2014 11:10 AM

Jul 2014
What is up with this anime?

It's absolutely gorgeous to look at but the story is just so boring. Are they just going to focus on this love polygon for the remainder of the episodes? Maybe if the characters actually had a personality that could work. However, they're just so bland and it seems the more interesting future-seeing aspect of the story has been completely disregarded.

At this point I'm just watching for the scenery porn and the chickens.
Jul 24, 2014 11:11 AM
Feb 2014
Okay, I know there are many stereotypical misunderstandings that occur in almost every anime that includes romance, but…

I'm a sucker for that stuff!

This episode was much better than the last, I can feel the story develop a little but…c'mon! Get some more of the 'magical future seeing glass' part!

Well, I guess they'll never beat Nagi No Asukara
Jul 24, 2014 11:12 AM

Jan 2014
A really amusing and relaxing episode. I'm so looking forward to seeing the
further development of all the characters. Can't wait for the next ep!!! ^^
Jul 24, 2014 11:14 AM

Mar 2012
OMFG HE FELL ASLEEP ON THE CINEMA AHAHAHAHAH So epic
Jul 24, 2014 11:19 AM
Aug 2011
All these episodes you could have done in 5 minutes because that's just about the only content worth anything.

Oh no I got injured off-screen (could have gotten injured when you were hiking but I guess that was too dynamic for this writer) now i'm falling a little bit so catch me David-kun let's also add the friend peeking around the corner so she can get all jelly about the situation

It also tries to push the "seeing into the future" thing and then backs off considerably the next moment.

Blah- Bad Taste the anime.
Jul 24, 2014 11:30 AM
Jul 2018
Kakeru x Yanagi moment scene wasn't bad.

Hiro asked Sachi out to see a movie together. Hiro fell asleep while watching the movie with Sachi..good one.
Jul 24, 2014 11:39 AM

Oct 2012
OG-3 said:

+1, this show has only 13 episodes... Even though I love the scenery, this show deceived me. Few months ago they announced this series and I've been waiting patiently to find this thing... I thought that this show was about glass artisans who wanted to become glass artisans but now I only see a group of high schoolers doing random stuff with several romance and sometimes watching the future. 2.5/5 for this episode. I'm trying to wait until episode 5 comes out to drop it.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Jul 24, 2014 11:44 AM

Oct 2011
Oh my Kakeru and Yanagi : 0 Misunderstanding OMG!!!

Will Yukinari fight for Touko affection by confronting Kakeru???

OMG Hiro. At least Sacchan enjoyed the movie though.
Jul 24, 2014 11:49 AM

Jul 2013
something only happened in the last 5 minutes. the rest of the episode was filler and useless and it's been like that for the majority of the show.

i would probably be more interested in the characters' daily lives if i cared about them but i don't because the writer hasn't given me any reason to care. i'm looking forward to development from this show but i'm not seeing anything. i don't care about watching 2 people awkwardly reading or another girl eating pudding. this show takes "slice of life" way too seriously.

also, yanagi doesn't seem too bright (neither does touko for that matter). if she has a sprained ankle she shouldn't have been trying to dance and put her weight on it. i laughed when david caught her when she was falling. that scene could've been played way better.

does anyone find touko's voice actor irritating? imo she's not good and is too over the top to the point that her voice grates on my ears
Jul 24, 2014 12:06 PM

Oct 2013
This show is SO. FUCKING. BORING.

The show still hasn't told us who the hell any of these people are, so why should I care about anything that's happening right now?
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
Jul 24, 2014 12:10 PM

Apr 2013
I don't think I've seen so much spaghetti spilled in just one episode, this is cringeworthy.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.