Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 23, 2014 10:22 AM

Mar 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think Izumi is the best heroine of this season at present. In this episode, he was cute as usual. And DAIGO's existence was really huge. DAIGO didn't perform as Shougo, he seemed to perform as DAIGO. lol

Anyway, the romance finally started? I think some viewers will drop it after this episode. I, I will watch the next.

P.S. Kaze no Tani no Naushika (Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind) reference.
dmrchJul 23, 2014 10:28 AM
Jul 23, 2014 11:18 AM

Dec 2010
<3 Izuminnn
Jul 23, 2014 11:23 AM

Jul 2014
Man this anime has been really funny so far, I died when he dropped the marble. Probably the highlight after the dirty dirty *__*
Jul 23, 2014 11:56 AM
Mar 2014
i hate how izumi is so reserved and shy like fucking shit just sit on ryouma's face already
Jul 23, 2014 11:57 AM

Jan 2009
Best episode yet but... This show still has no plot
Is it so difficult to make a yaoi anime with an interesting plot that doesn't revolve around the fact that they're gay? It would be my dream
Jul 23, 2014 12:00 PM
Jan 2014
Shougo is a pretty good character, he's obviously a brocon.
Ryouma almost went all out on Izumi, he didn't even try to resist him.
Lol, Ryouma thought it was all a dream, but wasn't.
A bit painful to watch those shounen ai moments, but what can I do about it. It's my fault and definitely not the anime's.
Jul 23, 2014 12:03 PM

Apr 2010
Well I will be one of those who are going to stick with this show for sure. I really like the comedy and the animation quality is really great compared to some other stuff I have been watching recently. And Izumi is really cute.

I'm interested in seeing how well they can adapt the manga into the anime with the future episodes.

DAIGO sounds really goofy, love him <3
Jul 23, 2014 12:05 PM

Apr 2013
Best episode so far, this episode was much more hilarious than the other episodes; i died when he dropped the marble and Ryouma kept walking into that pole, haha.
Jul 23, 2014 12:58 PM
Jul 2014
Really the best episode yet :D it had me giggling like a little girl (what I'm certainly NOT!) xD.
The funny parts were with the marble, when Ryouma walks into the pole lol xD and when he was chasing after Izumi and telling him to strip XD! Awww great episode indeed :). I'm having such a blast this summer with all the new stuff.
Jul 23, 2014 1:01 PM

Apr 2009
Wow. This is so entertaining :> I'm fanboying the whole 20 minutes.
Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 23, 2014 1:07 PM

Dec 2011
Funny episode. I was kind of hesitating whether to watch this episode or now, not that I hate plot or this show or anything but I was embarrassed.

Still can't get fully used to DAIGO's voice acting ugh :/

And I think that Izumi's and Ryoma's 'scene' looked kind of awkward.

But still, enjoyed the episode a lot!
Jul 23, 2014 1:20 PM

May 2009
Yabe!! Hayai desu yo ne?!!

Alll right... that was a total first for me!!! *_*

LOL (remembering the Barakamon fujoshi first reaction! hehehe)
Wow... Toooooootally did not expect that!! Ryouma got so carried away!! EEK! I was so red! :"|

But lol, I must admit, it's exciting too! I like how they rendered out the explicit details into the pink bg. Uncensored would've been like.. whooooaaa noway! Hmm.. this is gonna test me though. lol.
Izumi's face was class! S&M much? hehehe. He was so shocked he couldn't push him away. Poor guy.. but now his thoughts will be full of Ryouma! XD

:))) The marble fall was epic. LOL. And all of how Ryouma's dealing with it. hahahaha. Wild eh? Uncontrollable passion. X)))) Shougo the saviour! hahaha
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Jul 23, 2014 1:22 PM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
My boyfriend thinks I'm a pervert now... Yeah, shit happens.
Whatever, it was totally worth it, this show is simply hilarious XD

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Jul 23, 2014 1:22 PM

Jan 2009
omg ryouma ate izumi's tears xD

8/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jul 23, 2014 1:49 PM

Aug 2009
boooo! that sensor ;/////;
Jul 23, 2014 1:49 PM

Dec 2012

They left out some bits at that scene but whatevs, still enjoyed it.
RothJan 31, 2015 4:46 AM
Jul 23, 2014 1:50 PM

Mar 2012
Didn't take long for Ryouma to fall again for him lol. Ryouma-Shougo's scene was also hilarious, wonder if it will be a scandal lol.
Keep moving forward
Jul 23, 2014 2:10 PM

Aug 2011
Hilarious, marbelous. I need this chapter in gifs.
The censorship was better than what I expected.
and I can't get use to DAIGO as Shougo OTL
Jul 23, 2014 2:28 PM

Jun 2008
XD, that was quite interesting~ Tho I thought they'd be able to make a few perfect replicas of a glass marble with the influence the family has~
A good start of any relationship is that of a wolf and a girl in a little red hood ;p
Jul 23, 2014 2:59 PM

Aug 2009
Them censoring Ryouma pink was hilarious...like really? I guess
Good episode none the less

Jul 23, 2014 3:15 PM

Jan 2008
Seems like the series is starting to delve deeper into the genre. Never having seen actual BL anime and being a straight male, this scares me.
Jul 23, 2014 3:44 PM

Jun 2008
Im really happy the anime is being so fluffy, even though I was a bit mad with so much censoring. In the manga when Izumi is assaulted ofc its all explicit, but I understand that the hard stuff its only for manga. Im happy this way anyway.
Well its funny and its sweet and Im really happy because there are a lot of males watching it. Somehow I feel that people are getting more open-minded, and most of guys already understands that a fujoshi's fascination by watching a couple of two boys its basically the same that a male anime fan feels watching two girls as a couple.
I must also congratulate the forum moderators for keeping trolls away from this thread:D
No matter if straight or not, we are what we are and if we're straight its not by watching an anime with a gay theme that we will all turn gay. If it was like that then Brookeback mountain movie would have turned millions ;P By watching different things we get new perspectives and opinions. That's all:D

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 23, 2014 3:44 PM

Mar 2012
That elephant scene was epic! xD
Jul 23, 2014 3:47 PM
Apr 2014
Loving the comedy and characters so far! WHY CENSORSHIP WHYYYYYY?!?! That delicious scene though <3
Jul 23, 2014 4:31 PM

Aug 2013
DAT CENSORSHIP hahahahahahahha

Zou-san!
Jul 23, 2014 4:34 PM

May 2012
Can't stop laughing when Ryouma was so distracted and keeps on walking on the pole! LOL.
Jul 23, 2014 4:50 PM

Oct 2013
This is an amazing manga-to-anime adaptation! Its basically the exact same with some very subtle changes which really isnt worth noting (well, except for the sezy bits but that's understandable).
Jul 23, 2014 5:51 PM

Nov 2012
The assault made me really uncomfortable, I'd hoped that they wouldn't include that scene from the manga :/ but yaoi anime has a ways to go on that front (meaning that yaoi anime tends to include those terrible tropes more often). Still, this is definitely one of the better ones out there.

Well besides that, comedy was fantastic as usual.
Jul 23, 2014 5:55 PM

Jul 2010
The marble getting more and more damaged!
Ryouma keep thinking of Izumi and plans to move on once and for all!!!
That expression by Izumi and the "screw it, he is just too damn cute" moment!!!
The aftereffects on Ryouma, now I can't wait to see how Izumi thinks about it ^^
Jul 23, 2014 6:01 PM
Jul 2008
5/5 for the elephants

lol the censoring was weird to watch
Jul 23, 2014 6:48 PM
Jul 2014
I loved this episode, but the only problem I had with it was that that scene was practically rape (or it almost was). He was crying! I mean it would be nice if it would actually develop a relationship between those two before getting to those parts. It also seemed awkward when the brother walked in.
Jul 23, 2014 7:20 PM

Nov 2007
Hirakawa-san's character to the point. Main guy always runs from the troubles.

lol @ that actor's dream, it seems that the truth is making him "trauma". The CM is complete and public.

Oh, wow @ exclusive scene, and rocker brother to the rescue. That gave both more trauma, though.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 23, 2014 7:39 PM

Mar 2013
This episode was just... perfect. Man, I even didn't feel bothered for the censoring thing! I thought it was actually hilarious.
The attack of the pink man. Lmfao.
I had so much fun watching this episode, really. Can't wait for the next!
Jul 23, 2014 7:46 PM

May 2012
Definitely the best episode that has aired so far. The fujoshi in me was just screaming for more action, specifically more HARDCORE UNCENSORED FULL FRONTAL RA.....but of course this is anime airing on TV so we can't expect too much of that.

11 out 10, best romance this season.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Jul 23, 2014 8:00 PM

Feb 2013
I can't even explain how happy made me this episode. Like, that was wonderful!
That elephant thingy killed me completely.
I was immersed for 24 minutes because not even a natural disaster could have taken my eyes off the screen.
It was a challenge for them to censor this episode, I wonder how they will do with the others. As Mei said above, censorship was not a bother at all. That pink Ryouma was pretty well done.
Obviously I would have loved to see more action, like in the manga, but I cannot expect more from a series that airs on TV.
10/10 just because I can not give it an 11.

Jul 23, 2014 8:28 PM

Oct 2011
The only thing that bothered me about the censoring is that I'm not sure why it was censored in the first place. The scene was dulled down to Ryouma just kissing him, its not like we saw Izumi's junk or anything. God forbid we see a dude kissing another dude. It was apparently only alright the first time because Izumi was in drag.
Jul 23, 2014 9:52 PM
Dec 2013
love the episode but i just don't like when Ichijou Ryouma was making out with Sena Izumi– they didn't show Ichijou Ryouma as his normal self. hate it. they where just kissing.
Jul 23, 2014 10:28 PM

Jan 2013
That assault was shocking.
I don't see Izumi falling in love with Ryouma naturally
Jul 23, 2014 11:01 PM

Jul 2013
LOLed at the elephant dream.

Also LOLed at the assault scene with the pink censoring.

Great episode.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Jul 23, 2014 11:15 PM
Aug 2011
Hope someone else besides me thought that the pink and sparkly censoring actually made it more intense than what it probably would have been if normally drawn.

Shougo's voice is still awful, good lord.
Jul 23, 2014 11:51 PM

Jun 2014
Gahhh conflicting feelings on the censorship of this. I'm really glad they decided to keep the yaoi scenes (Well, this one anyway) but I'm also really disappointed in the censorship. I for one don't really want to watch Izumi getting intimate with some pink blob of sparkles and nightmares. The rest of the episode was great.
Notice me Senpai
Jul 24, 2014 12:37 AM

Apr 2011
It's like Yaoi series move at 2x the regular pace but I guess that's better than beating around the bush.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Jul 24, 2014 3:33 AM

Feb 2010
SleepyBear said:
The assault made me really uncomfortable, I'd hoped that they wouldn't include that scene from the manga :/ but yaoi anime has a ways to go on that front (meaning that yaoi anime tends to include those terrible tropes more often). Still, this is definitely one of the better ones out there.

We'd probably get more sparkly Ryouma imo lolll

I personally dont see the anime go past ch 16 (or was it 15 i dont remember) or anyhoos with how it's going from manga>anime atm so i guess there will be only 1 more scene of sparkles if they decide to stay true to the manga (if my memory serves right lmao).

But anyways, it was a decent episode, looking forwards to eps 4.
I wanna see more Shougo, im totally digging DAIGO atm *u*
Jul 24, 2014 3:45 AM

Jan 2008
parfaited said:
Hope someone else besides me thought that the pink and sparkly censoring actually made it more intense than what it probably would have been if normally drawn.

Shougo's voice is still awful, good lord.

Check aaaaand check. I know, I know, last time I wrote his voice-acting got better but it seems that lowering your volume because other people are in the room makes all the difference. But I'm kinda seeing the "charm" in it, it's so bad it's actually good. Please don't judge me.
The first thing I thought when saw the pink background was "oh heck, Sailor Moon is transforming somwhere near". Or maybe it was Lala Lulu?
when censorship in yaoi series is better than your CGI henshins, then you know something's up
Jul 24, 2014 5:13 AM

Feb 2011
Welp, that scene was deffinitely... something.
Anyway, Shogo's VA is so damn annoying.
Jul 24, 2014 5:32 AM
Oct 2009
SleepyBear said:

Well besides that, comedy was fantastic as usual.
I like that trope, also always love it when smexy harem anime's bring out le tentacle monsters. And since most otaKu like it, it will keep being therejust like ecchi and moe, luckily :-)

Anyway, awesome anime, I'm enjoying it just as much as everyone else ! He's really cute :-) (I am bi guy and huge pervert XD)
Jul 24, 2014 7:50 AM

Nov 2012
MINMAY- said:
Is it so difficult to make a yaoi anime with an interesting plot that doesn't revolve around the fact that they're gay? It would be my dream

I'm working on it. It's not hard, actually. I have one that revolves more around the fantasy than the yaoi.

Until I publish it, you will have to suffer with finding the little yaoi that has actual plot.
"Hey, assbutt!"—Castiel, Supernatural

"Do you ever have a problem where you just don't know how to reply to an argument-- not because you don't know the answer, but you just don't where to begin? Like, the foundation of knowledge you'd need to impart to this person before you could even begin to drag them out of their sinkhole of ignorance would cost thousands of dollars, if it were coming from a University?" -MAL in a nutshell.
Jul 24, 2014 10:05 AM

Feb 2010
Man, they took the invisible d to a whole new level. I'm speechless.
EarlCielJul 24, 2014 2:38 PM
Jul 24, 2014 10:28 AM

Oct 2010
MINMAY- said:

What you just said is so true! They never choose yaoi mangas with good plots to be animated, and it's really a pity.

Plus, the way they animated Ryouma in the 'h' scene. Really? Like REALLY? It wasn't good at all

Plus I hope that they [spoiler] will include ShougoxRei scenes in the anime, they are such cutie pies :3
Jul 24, 2014 11:39 AM
Mar 2012
SleepyBear said:
The assault made me really uncomfortable, I'd hoped that they wouldn't include that scene from the manga :/ but yaoi anime has a ways to go on that front (meaning that yaoi anime tends to include those terrible tropes more often). Still, this is definitely one of the better ones out there
Yeah. I don't like the belittlement of rape and sexual assault that mangas and animes revert too so often. :( I mean, seriously, you can tell beautiful and also sexy stories without that. It just makes me sad. And a little worried about what it does with peoples attitutes.
I don't hate Love Stage, but I'm feeling sad after this episode.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 9 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 3, 2014

42 by sanjiT___T »»
Jan 7, 3:15 PM

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Sep 10, 2014

137 by WELLERM »»
Jan 1, 3:16 PM

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

onoda - Jul 9, 2014

155 by WELLERM »»
Jan 1, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dmrch - Jul 30, 2014

72 by GhostlyHana »»
Nov 23, 2023 1:59 AM

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VirtueHunter - Jul 16, 2014

104 by GhostlyHana »»
Nov 22, 2023 9:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.