Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 29, 2014 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp and the finale. Looks like the show is over. The finale had serious moments that I thought was actually intense in a way.

Oh well, at least the kid survived and a reunion. There's still an OVA btw. Might watch.
Stark700Jun 29, 2014 5:12 PM
Jun 29, 2014 3:58 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode.

Having Angel Boat as a final boss is pretty weird . Souta using his "Ultimate Death Flag" against the boss.

Arrrgh..the girls' memories of Souta had been removed.
removed-userJun 29, 2014 4:05 PM
Jun 29, 2014 4:01 PM
Jun 2014
It's been a while since I started wanting a Myanimelist account, but THIS anime literally forced me, I had to express my comment.

So, let's begin.

What the actual **** happened here? The pace was WAY TOO SLOW in the first 9 episodes, and in a matter of 3-4 episodes everything happened so fast I couldn't understand it.

The harem was far over it's own limits in this anime. The story was too much confusing.

for example, Where the hell did the alternate dimension girl come from? I'm totally sure I didn't see her the episode before.

I think you understood my opinion on this anime, 4/10 is my overall score for this.

Always happy to see other opinions though.
Jun 29, 2014 4:02 PM

Jan 2014
Good episode, good show...

I'm not sure if it is, but the ending feels anime only.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Jun 29, 2014 4:03 PM

Aug 2007
There goes my guilty pleasure anime. :( I laugh, I wonder WTF was going at some points but I didn't regret watching this and I enjoyed the ride. Till next time Quest Dorm.
Jun 29, 2014 4:10 PM

May 2009
uran10 said:
Good episode, good show...

I'm not sure if it is, but the ending feels anime only.

Because it is. LN is still ongoing.
Jun 29, 2014 4:11 PM

Jul 2010
Everyone fighting together for Souta!
Angel Boat shooting down everyone.
For a second there, I really did thought that Souta was abandoned.
To save everyone by creating the ultimate death flag... to go through despair and loneliness forever.
Defeating Angel Boat together. All those were preparation to destroy it.
Number Zero being the found Queen!
Everyone seem to forgot. They soon got their memories from the virtual world!
Saving Akane once again :3

The story was weird ever since a few episodes ago. I don't exactly have everything down, but it was still enjoyable so this is going to be 7/10.
Jun 29, 2014 4:12 PM

Sep 2010
Just about to start watching, I'll update this later but oh gawd.. Happy end please.

EDIT: Okay now I'm confused again. The first ending, where he wakes up in the hospital made sense. But then they he went back in time into the fake world to start over? Uh. I'm probably missing something, but I think it would have been better to leave things off in the real world and then add the friends in some other way.. Oh well. Still cute. Wish it was better explained though.
FenixDragon43Jun 29, 2014 4:43 PM
Jun 29, 2014 4:13 PM

Apr 2011
Last ep was.. so-so.. I won't miss the show, gave it a 7.5 out of generosity, but there were better ones this season..
Jun 29, 2014 4:14 PM
Jan 2014
pretty good for light anime. :)

so is it only me or souta loves akane too?
Jun 29, 2014 5:03 PM
Jan 2014
The pacing was really messed up throughout the anime.
The first few episodes felt really slow and boring.
While the last ones were extremely fast pace.
I mean if the pacing was intact, this anime would have turned out to be okay.
I don't even know how to feel after that ending. A big bowl of mess.
The characters were decent, the character design itself was nice.
Anyway, I will rate this 6/10, for Megumu's sake and a lot of mercy.
Will probably watch the OVA when that comes out.
Jun 29, 2014 6:10 PM

Jun 2012
nice ending. pretty sure its anime only 8/10

so from what i gathered forgot about souta but maybe interacting with them restores their memories. seems like saving akane restored her memories of the virtual world. but hard to say because he didn't really meet anyone in the end other than akane confusing
Jun 29, 2014 6:12 PM

Jan 2014
wow.. not so surprise about the face of the girl under the mask...it was obvious anyway...but who would have thought that was the queen from the story long time ago...not much of an ending...it not that bad but good...

6/10 on this episode...
overall 7.50/10
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jun 29, 2014 6:14 PM
Mar 2013
[quote=Shaniyaz] Souta returns to Quest Dormitory and finds Akane, who doesn't quite recognize him. Saving her again was a nice scene. So, she remember him now or what? O.o quote]

I watched the sub version, and Number 0 said "On final note, the days you spent in the virtual world were nothing more than a flash in reality with nobody to share your memories. Princess Nanami, who dived into the virtual world to save you, is no exception." Hence nobody but Souta kept any memories. While it is implied Akane remembers him, it seemed hinted that those 2 little girls returned her memories to her right after Souta saves her.
RoychopJun 29, 2014 6:56 PM
Jun 29, 2014 6:26 PM

Oct 2013
Man this show went all over the place.

A boat is the final boss... Well haven't seen that one before.

So let me get this straight. So Souta took in all the death flags of everyone who was saving him which in turn, started his journey into the virtual worlds where he had to take the burden of all the death of the passengers of the ship, living with the guilt and being the "sacrifice" to the world. In doing so, it became a test between the two loli-gods, if either bonds or sacrifice wins. Seeing something is happening, the Queen intervenes somehow to do something about it. In the end, Souta wakes up before the start of the school year began so before the first episode of series and is told that no one will remember what happened because it never really happened in the real world. He moves to Quest Hall like in the virtual world and expects no one to remember but apparently, the two loli-gods messed around and gave Akane (And maybe everyone else from the epilogue?) their memories from the virtual world.

Did I get that right? I don't know... Last few episodes were really rushed and didn't really make that much sense.

Show would have defiantly benefited from a better pace and also maybe a smaller cast. A lot of the more secondary characters could have used more screen time to flesh them out. (I'm looking at you Rin! You were supposed to be one of the "main" girls!)

Overall, it was a alright show. Seen better and seen worst. 7/10
KevWasHereJun 29, 2014 10:46 PM
"No one can escape time; it delivers us all to the same end."
Jun 29, 2014 6:35 PM
Jul 2018
This ending was literally a page out of the movie inception. You think he's back irl but then you see the loli gods, who only exist in the virtual world, and big tits gets her memories back so now it's unsure if he just went back to the virtual world. Fuck
Jun 29, 2014 6:37 PM

Jan 2011
KevWasHere said:
Man this show when all over the place.

Ah, but was it a nice boat?....

To be somewhat serious (which might be more than this show deserves), I think I finally have the exemplifier for a "hot mess". Initially I thought it was a parody of all the other harem shows and tropes that are out there, but as time went by I realized to my growing surprise (and horror) that we were actually supposed to take this as a plot-driven and serious show. No! It's not enough to simply erect a wall and throw every trope that exists against it, and then sprinkle magical moe dust over it all to give a pastel sheen of cuteness to everything--you need to have a coherent plot, characters with substance and development, and some sort of conclusion that flows from what we have seen develop throughout the series. 5/10 because the magical moe dust has triggered my allergies and I can't think straight...
rodacJun 29, 2014 6:47 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 29, 2014 6:40 PM
Mar 2013
KevWasHere said:
Man this show when all over the place.

So let me get this straight. So Souta took in all the death flags of everyone who was saving him which in turn, started his journey into the virtual worlds where he had to take the burden of all the death of the passengers of the ship, living with the guilt and being the "sacrifice" to the world. In doing so, it became a test between the two loli-gods, if either bonds or sacrifice wins. Seeing something is happening, the Queen intervenes somehow to do something about it. In the end, Souta wakes up before the start of the school year began so before the first episode of series and is told that no one will remember what happened because it never really happened in the real world. He moves to Quest Hall like in the virtual world and expects no one to remember but apparently, the two loli-gods messed around and gave Akane (And maybe everyone else from the epilogue?) their memories from the virtual world.

Did I get that right? I don't know... Last few episodes were really rushed and didn't really make that much sense.

Show would have defiantly benefited from a better pace and also maybe a smaller cast. A lot of the more secondary characters could have used more screen time to flesh them out. (I'm looking at you Rin! You were supposed to be one of the "main" girls!)

Overall, it was a alright show. Seen better and seen worst. 7/10

. It seemed strongly implied that Akane had her memories returned by those 2 little girls right after Souta saves her from falling again given her and their dialogs. Given everyones expressions at the very end, it seemed like their memories were returned too (likely by those 2 little girls). I won't front, the anime would have been so much better if it paced properly and cut down the Harem to an extents (that was one of the main things that dragged the plot down, Harem is fine but there was too much focus on it that it dragged the plot down, and then when we got plot, it felt out of nowhere).

drendren said:
This ending was literally a page out of the movie inception. You think he's back irl but then you see the loli gods, who only exist in the virtual world, and big tits gets her memories back so now it's unsure if he just went back to the virtual world. Fuck

Souta didn't go back in the virtual world, he just came across the real life version of everybody and the dorm. Also if they're gods, it is not a shocker they can travel between universes and dimensions. As for Akane, read my previous 2 comments.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
VudisJul 1, 2014 9:33 AM
Jun 29, 2014 6:54 PM
Jul 2018
Roychop said:
drendren said:

Souta didn't go back in the virtual world, he just came across the real life version of everybody and the dorm. Also if they're gods, it is not a shocker they can travel between universes and dimensions. As for Akane, read my previous 2 comments.
they literally said 5 minutes before that scene that the lolis were just programs. They ain't gods. They ain't shit.

Mod Edit: Removed racial slurs.
VudisJul 1, 2014 9:33 AM
Jun 29, 2014 6:55 PM

Jun 2013
This one sure turned into something unexpected :)

7/10.
Jun 29, 2014 7:09 PM
Mar 2013
they literally said 5 minutes before that scene that the lolis were jus They ain't gods. They ain't shit.

if they can put a death flag on someone, I don't think it's a shock they have other super abilities, such as being able to travel between dimensions (it was not said he went back in the virtual world).

Mod Edit: Removed racial slurs from quote.
VudisJul 1, 2014 9:34 AM
Jun 29, 2014 7:22 PM
Jul 2018
Roychop said:
they literally said 5 minutes before that scene that the lolis were jus They ain't gods. They ain't shit.

if they can put a death flag on someone, I don't think it's a shock they have other super abilities, such as being able to travel between dimensions (it was not said he went back in the virtual world).
all that shit happened inside the game. They literally can't do shit or exist anywhere else.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting and racial slurs from quote.
VudisJul 1, 2014 9:34 AM
Jun 29, 2014 7:34 PM

Apr 2014
When everyone from the "Quest Dorm" comes to save and fight for Souta, It's so awesome and they are all adorable on their clothes/costumes!

So that's the truth behind the "Premium Ambriel" incident which is they All met each other on that place.

Also it's revealed that Sakura (Sacrament) and Laplace Demon was the emotions (conscience) of Anglus Gemini or rather they are programs... And "Number Zero" actually named Kagura Bladefield the founding Queen of Bladefield Kingdom

Well I don't really get it. If Souta's memories of Shoukanji, Kikuno and Eiyuuzaki, Rin being his childhood friends was also real. But All I know that Nanami and Souta being siblings and being the Prince and Princess of Bladefield Kingdom was real. Also thus everybody's ("Quest Dorm" Residents) memories of each other was been reset? Or only Akane got her memories about Souta and the other girls (Excluding Nanami, Hakua and Ruri?) forget things/memories about Souta? Or They all got their memories about everybody back?

Anyway I'll give this Anime 7/10 score overall because of lots of confusions about what was really happening. I think I should read the Manga Adaption (or Light Novel itself) to figure out what was really happening on this Anime or rather the story/work/Light Novel made story made by Touka Takei and Illustrations of "Cuteg"... I Will still watch the OVA and I'm hoping it would be something great.
RayzerJun 30, 2014 1:36 AM
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 29, 2014 7:34 PM

May 2013
Dat boat :)

Well it was really a scrambled anime from the start and man those episodes with magic and stuff caught me off guard. Well might as well watch the OVA

6.9/10
Tch.
Jun 29, 2014 7:49 PM
Jun 2014
having watched anime im not surprise to be disappointed and confused loved the series hate the ending
Jun 29, 2014 7:56 PM

Mar 2014
That was a very rushed final. I like so much the premise of the series and the
characters, but the changes of pace and the last 2 episodes no let me enjoy
it as it should be. Also by know the fact that the light novels are still ongoing
and thanks to the manga that there alot of things left (starting with the group
that intend to kill the princessess in the train who were replaced by a evil Ruri).
That makes give them a 7 as score.

Still I'm gonna follow the manga (like better the telling of the events ) or the
light novel (if the manga is tooking much time in translate LOL). GAO GAO!
Jun 29, 2014 8:02 PM
Mar 2013
drendren said:
Roychop said:

all that shit happened inside the game. They literally can't do shit or exist anywhere else.

I've already said the case with Souta. Number 0 said those two little god girls were programs, but she seperated them by saying "Along with the virtual world simulations" (sounds to me like they were more special programs and not just part of a virtual world simulation. I've seen shows where programs can get in the real world through some means).

Mod Edit: removed baiting and racial slurs from quote
VudisJul 1, 2014 9:36 AM
Jun 29, 2014 8:16 PM

Apr 2012
The last episodes were weird but the series was good.
Jun 29, 2014 8:18 PM

Mar 2012
Why did the ending look like they were playing an MMORPG? o_o
Jun 29, 2014 8:50 PM

Aug 2013
I'm really not sure what to say at this point. That ending felt rushed, but I did like the series. I'll just have to wait and watch the OVA.
Jun 29, 2014 9:06 PM

Nov 2013
Pretty good for a final episode, but I don't know what the hell was going on for the last 4 episodes.
Jun 29, 2014 9:20 PM

Apr 2014
Last episode was so-so, but it was a okay conclusion for this anime. I didn't like how the anime turned down to and how the pacing was. Since the genres for this anime were comedy, school, harem and romance. What i expected from this anime was to see these genres in the anime. But it totally forgets about these genre, except the harem genre of course. Then it turned into something dark, serious and something that looks like from a fantasy/sci-fi. It was a complete mess and made the story really confusing and literally garbage. The characters were bland and 1-dimensional. Only meaningful characters were actually nanami and souta himself for the story to progress. Everybody else was just a part of souta's harem. They were only helpful at that alternative virtual world or something. This anime actually had potential, the first episode showed that. It could have been a good series. But ended out to be a very dissapointing one.

Overall i would give it 3/10, considering 2/10, but right now i'm quite generous, since i did enjoyed the anime a little bit.

Remember this is my opinion about this anime, you might totally disagree with me, but that's fine. I just wanted to throw out the rage of my feelings of this anime.

Jun 29, 2014 9:50 PM

Jul 2013
So everything was just a simulation for No. 0 and the rest to analyse Souta around humans... It was kind of a let down, since there were supernatural powers and action scenes, but eh it was an okay ending.

6/10 for this, the story was kind of confusing, pacing seems kind of fast, and I'm not really fond with the animation and art in here. And besides there are like more than 8 or more girls that likes Souta are something throughout its run.

On the positive side, I thought it is going to be some lighthearted harem show, but turns out to be a more darker and grimly side, which is game me some major points in it :D.

Jun 29, 2014 9:56 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
So Akane gets her memories back likely by those two girls in the tree as I see no way how Akane had her memories returned.

Ok episode, glad to see the gang is back at the end.

Jun 29, 2014 11:01 PM

Jan 2010
Ok so
was a WTF moment, but everything tied together at the end. 7/10 for me overall.
Jun 29, 2014 11:05 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Inception + Matrix ending. The ending clearly shows that they are not in the real world but another of the goddesses' simulation.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 29, 2014 11:12 PM

Apr 2011
It's a bit confusing finding what is real and what is not especially the end when the gang was going to the quest dormitory and saving Akane once again.

One thing I like was Souta hugging Akane at the back. They look like a cute couple, right?

Well 7/10 for me.
Jun 29, 2014 11:30 PM

Aug 2012
It's understandable that this anime will have an original ending due to the LN still publishing, but this is beyond ugly. I just can't believe they pulled something ridiculous for ep 11-12. Meh.

Putting my disappointment aside, I think the last few seconds of this ep was actually good. And.. hmm.. that's all. I can't say that I enjoyed this ending at all.
Jun 29, 2014 11:39 PM

Oct 2013
Solid 4/10
"Burn the heretics"
Jun 29, 2014 11:39 PM

Aug 2013
rodac said:
To be somewhat serious (which might be more than this show deserves), I think I finally have the exemplifier for a "hot mess". Initially I thought it was a parody of all the other harem shows and tropes that are out there, but as time went by I realized to my growing surprise (and horror) that we were actually supposed to take this as a plot-driven and serious show. No! It's not enough to simply erect a wall and throw every trope that exists against it, and then sprinkle magical moe dust over it all to give a pastel sheen of cuteness to everything--you need to have a coherent plot, characters with substance and development, and some sort of conclusion that flows from what we have seen develop throughout the series. 5/10 because the magical moe dust has triggered my allergies and I can't think straight...

Haha well said. I honestly had no idea what was happening during the last couple of episodes and I'm still lost.

So Zero is the founding queen of the Bladefield principality. Souta and Nanami are the prince and princess (are they really?) so does that mean they're related to Zero? Grandma? When Nanami was imprisoned by Zero, was that in real life or the virtual world? Zero said Sacrament and Laplace demon were programs. How can they exist outside of the virtual world? I'm so confused >___<

edit: Re-watched it but I'm still confused. 6/10 for the love of Megumu.
xcheeJun 30, 2014 5:28 PM
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 29, 2014 11:53 PM

May 2010
It was really cool to see the girls in action. Of course, I am not counting Megumu as a girl. The animation was pretty cool, too.

I am guessing, Ruri became a human at end? Can't say. I am happy with Akane end but would have preferred Megumu turns out a girl who thinks she is a guy and Souta ends up with him. Also there wasn't enough Serika.

Idk why it hasn't a high score (It deserves to be in 7s at least) I mean, it was better than Mahouka and Mekakucity Actors (which can't be compared to KagePro) but still it has a mediocre score here.

8/10, it had the oddest pacing ever but it still works because it knows its pros and cons well. I loved it.
Jun 30, 2014 1:38 AM

Mar 2014
I literally have no idea what I watched, im just glad its over so i can finally stop trying to understand whatever plot I could find,
To sum up my opinion of this show......
Boring
Bad Characters (also hated the character designs)
Bad story
Bad pacing
I didnt like the OP either....
Come to think of it, I have the same opinion of blade and soul.