Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 22, 2014 6:34 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn the episode felt fast. As much as badass as Valkyria is, I find her childish side to be pretty silly. Action was okay this episode I suppose.

I'm looking forward to how the series will conclude though with everyone fighting her. Poor Ryouta ;.;

We also learn more about Kotori too.
Stark700Jun 22, 2014 7:08 AM
Jun 22, 2014 7:30 AM

Jul 2010
The girls expressing their feelings beside Murakami's body.
I kinda felt that Hatsuna just died like that... glad her sacrifice wasn't in vain.
Nanami did think quite far ahead!
Valkyria and Neko's history! I want to know it!

A resistance group that can counter magic. Neko being stronger than Valkyria though she has to unseal her powers at a 0.1% success rate.
Those stuff about the monsters coming out... :O
Kotori containing the thing that would kill everyone off. Wow, that sure went to a large scale scene.
Jun 22, 2014 7:33 AM

Nov 2011
Brynhildr in the Cliffhanger

Jun 22, 2014 7:35 AM
Jan 2014
Well that escalated rather quickly.

Ichijiku is more messed up than I though. I also want to find out about his relationship with Rena.
The Organization's ideals are even more terrifying than Ichijiku's.

Murakami had to endure a lot of pain again and was at the brink of death.
Kuroha is stronger than Valkyria, but is unable to control her magic? Nanami suggested to push the top button of Kuroha's harnessed to unleash her full potential.
That was a huge risk, 99.9% chance of death. Murakami couldn't do it in the end, good thing the Hexenjagd showed up with their Initializer.

Ichijiku managed to wound the Initializer and escaped along with Kotori.
Hatsuna sacrificed her life in order to revive Murakami, though the scene where her tissue was forming around her harnessed looked suspicious.

I can't believe that Kotori's Drasil (Grane) can wipe the entire humanity.
I wonder what our crew will do in order stop Ain Soph Aur from fusing everything together.

I also hope that Valkyria will do something about Ichijiku, especially since she heard what he thinks about her. She is blinded by her love towards him.
ResidentJun 22, 2014 7:57 AM
Jun 22, 2014 7:36 AM
Feb 2011
This was so stupid (if you read the manga, you'll know what I mean).

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
Suzune-chanJun 22, 2014 9:07 PM
Jun 22, 2014 7:38 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Why Hatsuna have to die, why :(

Well anyone who looked up Kotori's character profile on MAL would know she was 1107 before Nanami was even sent to recover her.

Looks like Valkyria is going to be furious. Hopefully she joins Neko and turns on Chisato. Knowing his true intentions and feelings it will be meaningless for Valkyria to continue being on Chisato's side.

At the beginning I thought Valkyria would go insane like in OP 1 where she is facing Neko, but Valkyria didn't want to harm Neko. Perhaps those two are like sisters considering how similar they look.

After what happened at the end of this episode it is safe to say Kotori will most likely die. Not sure if killing that monster thing will also Kotori,but it leaves Murakami with no choice but to face Kotori's unleashed form to also save humanity.

Unless this show takes a shocking turn and we get an original ending which I doubt, but if it does then I'd like to see that.

Jun 22, 2014 7:48 AM

Dec 2013
How should I put it, I liked the Manga very much what led me to like the Anime as well. I didn't read the Manga that further, so I instead watched the Anime, I don't know if this is a good Anime-Adaptation, I will see, when I continue the Manga.

The last episode kinda felt rushed but still it was an acceptable ending. The Anime wasn't as boring as I thought it would be, when I heard that it's going to be censored, otherwise I could see my favorite characters animated and in color, which made it all the way worth watching the Anime.

OK, Anime has 13-Episodes my rating has to wait til the last episode, I really thought it would be the end, let's wait for next week!
MoecalypseJun 22, 2014 7:52 AM
Jun 22, 2014 7:50 AM
Feb 2011
CurryTeddy said:
How should I put it, I liked the Manga very much what led me to like the Anime as well. I didn't read the Manga that further, so I instead watched the Anime, I don't know if this is a good Anime-Adaptation, I will see, when I continue the Manga.

The last episode kinda felt rushed but still it was an acceptable ending. The Anime wasn't as boring as I thought it would be, when I heard that it's going to be censored, otherwise I could see my favorite characters animated and in color, which made it all the way worth watching the Anime.

In the end, I really think that this Anime is way to underrated, when I don't even understand why, so all in all, I'll rate the Anime with 8/10, probably 9, who knows.

Let's see if there will be any continuation expect of the OVA

What do you mean, there is still one more episode left. This anime has 13 episodes. Besides I can't really imagine any studio stupid enough to end the series this way even for a cliffhanger. Cliffhangers always give this dramatic atmosphere/scene and background music that convey the messages to viewers that "it will be continued". I'd be really dumbfounded if they actually ended the show with earth about to be destroyed. It just feels like episode 11 of 11 Eyes where world gets destroyed, everyone dies, and the witch lives on (I literally loled when I watched the episode).
christyuJun 22, 2014 7:55 AM
Jun 22, 2014 7:51 AM

Feb 2013
That ost when the kid stopped Mako's magic was pretty boss
Jun 22, 2014 7:54 AM

Dec 2013
christyu said:
CurryTeddy said:

In the end, I really think that this Anime is way to underrated, when I don't even understand why, so all in all, I'll rate the Anime with 8/10, probably 9, who knows.

Let's see if there will be any continuation expect of the OVA

What do you mean, there is still one more episode left. This anime has 13 episodes.

Goumenasai, I really thought it would be a 12-Episode Anime, I got deceived!! Well more fun to wait for the last episode, then. Let's hope for a good final and hope that this Anime will gain more fans, even if 7.6 isnt such a low rating, I kinda feel it's really underrated.
Jun 22, 2014 7:54 AM

May 2013
Oh no they took Kotori. Now we know that Kuroha is more powerful than Valkyria, although she has a really high chance of dying if she tries to press the button. Poor Hatsuna sacrificing herself trying to save Murakami.
Jun 22, 2014 7:56 AM

Dec 2012
I feel sad that Hatsuna died.

Kotori is hatching now.

Valkyria heard it straight from Chisato. Still,I wonder what is her relationship with Neko.

Hoping the last ep will be a good one.
Jun 22, 2014 8:01 AM

Jan 2014
christyu said:
This was so stupid (if you read the manga, you'll know what I mean). Hatsuna was supposed to regenerate herself right away after melting. Kazumi was supposed to fight to the death against the other hacker in the lab using her "true power" (heck, they didn't even introduce that other hacker just by showing her face once). The blonde girl from Hexenjagd was supposed to have a bitchy personality but she seems so relaxed and calm in the anime. Also, Kazumi was supposed to give wrong information to Hexenjagd people so that Murakami and others could go to the real base (there were two locations). Lastly, they seriously rushed things by making Kotori hatch...

i understand what you mean! This episode is really rushed but i guess they had no choice since this anime was decided to be aired for 13 episode only... and with a special on september

Jun 22, 2014 8:01 AM

Jan 2012
we'll the early part of this episode was mostly like:

"Murakami!!!"

and rushed episode is RUSHED...

though still enjoyed it, a little (maybe because it was rushed...)
Jun 22, 2014 8:03 AM

Jan 2012
Mizeteo said:

Kotori is hatching now.

Valkyria heard it straight from Chisato. Still,I wonder what is her relationship with Neko.

I don't think that Hatsuna really died there...maybe she'll show up at the end (EPISODE 13) maybe...she just can't regenerate because she'd hanged up.
Jun 22, 2014 8:04 AM

Aug 2007
About time they revealed which witch was the one they been searching for all this time. Neko is more powerful then Valkyria!? Though it requires a 99% chance to do it, I wonder if that almost applies to all witches since they have to press the harness for a risk of melting to get more power? Hatsuna power is pretty unique to have she is already melted and hanged up and yet showing signs her power is working to revive her. Next week is the last and I'm curious on how they going to wrapped this all up now!

Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 22, 2014 8:05 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Nova12 said:
Mizeteo said:

Kotori is hatching now.

I don't think that Hatsuna really died there...maybe she'll show up at the end (EPISODE 13) maybe...she just can't regenerate because she'd hanged up.

What was that thing where it showed Hatsuna on the ground, then something came out of her harnest? Looked like worms.

Jun 22, 2014 8:12 AM

Dec 2012
SweetKotomi said:
Nova12 said:

What was that thing where it showed Hatsuna on the ground, then something came out of her harnest? Looked like worms.

Yeah. Though it looks like the process when Hexenjad explaining what will happen if the drasils hatches.
Jun 22, 2014 8:14 AM

Apr 2014
Shit Wtf is going on? It was too fast damn it!

So Mako and Neko just doesn't look like each other I guess? Maybe her twin sister? It seems they were very close to each other.

Murakami got killed after saving Neko when Mako tries to kill Neko. But Hatsuna used her healing ability and Murakami had survived after his wounds was healed with CPR of Neko and Kazumi. (Neko already kissed Murakami huh?) But in exchange Hatsuna just melted... Well I guess she wasn't dead since the last scene of her was being regenerated/restored.

Those "Hexenjagd" group was somewhat knew what was the main goal of the Laboratory that experimenting about Alien Ruins. And their goal was to capture #1107 which is Takotori Kotori to prevent the alien to be "hatched" inside Kotori's body. And it finally revealed that those slime monsters called "Drasils" will grow on the witch's Harnest (Nest?) and they are being fed up by those "death suppressant pills" and if they grew they can devour the body of it's host.

And Kotori wasn't Kotori? What that thing means? I feel this Anime was like The Host Movie now! It has a lot of similarities! But not as witches who got powers/abilities.

I hope this Anime won't get an Original Anime Ending. But if this would be like Elfen Lied I'll just read the manga I guess. Anyway I still want to watch this at the very end, Can't wait for the episode next week!
RayzerJun 22, 2014 8:26 AM
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 22, 2014 8:15 AM

Jan 2011
Score down to 5/10.
Did they really have to drag the show for 10 episodes and then rush the last 2 to the point that they make no sense whatsoever?
I am actually mad that the great art kept me watching this crap.
Jun 22, 2014 8:22 AM

Dec 2010
Well the manga fans did say it was going to be rushed
Jun 22, 2014 8:35 AM

Aug 2010
First half of the ep was adapted quite well but the second half just put on a jet and skipped lots of shit O_O XD Well it was obvious that they're gonna be doing something like this once they skipped the Skadi arc oh well...

I'll just enjoy hearing Kazumi's Kansai-ben :3
Jun 22, 2014 8:44 AM

Mar 2008
mmmm I am at a lost for words to describe what I just saw
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2014 8:47 AM

Aug 2013
I was very sad to see Hatsuna sacrifice herself for Murakami.

Those nuns and priests showed up right at the perfect time to save everyone.
My Candies:
Jun 22, 2014 8:55 AM

Jun 2011
Again, 10+ chapters in 1 episode?!
very fast & they skipped some details.
still enjoyable.. tho, Part1 > Part2 of the ep.
i'm looking forward to how they will end it?
(Exactly like the manga / Cliffhanger / Original ending)?
also dat reference... T-T
Jun 22, 2014 8:58 AM

Apr 2012
It seems it gets like Elfenlied an anime ending which I don't like :/
Jun 22, 2014 9:01 AM

Jan 2014
I'm not sure i understand how dragsils work, they feed on the witches and if they hatch on to them, they unleash some strange and unique power which in Kotori's case, annihilate all human beings O.o i wonder what's the theory behind that (rhetorical question)

I was pretty surprised that #1107 was Kotori, i don't know why but i thought it was Neko. From the last few seconds before leaving the observatory it also looked like Hatsuna lives.
I just wish those 23 min would have lasted longer ._.

They can't possibly fill all that information and plot into the last episode, just end it properly and give us a second season :3
CandyFaceJun 22, 2014 11:06 AM
Jun 22, 2014 9:03 AM

Nov 2013
I feel like were gonna have a lot unanswered questions in this
Jun 22, 2014 9:18 AM

Dec 2010
This was a pretty good episode, and that's coming from somebody who has read the manga. Sure they had to shorten a lot, but they did it in a way that largely makes sense. I still have no idea how they can finish this show in one episode though. They could do it in 3 at the rate they are going, but 1 seems like a bit of a stretch.

The series is still awesome, but I wish it had been twice as long...We might get an anime original ending at this rate
Jun 22, 2014 9:19 AM

May 2010
AlexGK said:
Score down to 5/10.
Did they really have to drag the show for 10 episodes and then rush the last 2 to the point that they make no sense whatsoever?
I am actually mad that the great art kept me watching this crap.

yup..rated down to 4/10 here..this show is just garbage at this point.tho i dont even consider this shows art and animation as good..its average at best .
Jun 22, 2014 9:31 AM

Mar 2008
Why people bother watching some "garbage" shows just for the sake of lowering the rating? Or perhaps they are natural M and want to torture themselves?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2014 9:54 AM

Jan 2013
Interesting development.
I still loved the episode.
Too bad it wasn't 2 cour.
Jun 22, 2014 10:33 AM

Mar 2012
Once i knew they skipped skadi arc, i knew most likely they would rush the final arc. I just hope it does not have an original ending like Elfien lied if it does i will be pissed, but for now i can cope with the rushing at least they are still consistent with the main storyline as in the manga for now even if there were a few changes and some things left out.
-ShadowClaw-Jun 22, 2014 10:40 AM
Jun 22, 2014 10:44 AM

Dec 2012
I'm curious about the relationship between Mako and Neko. But, I have to say Mako's personality was a bit of a disappointment... Lots was revealed in this episode though, so I'm glad. I'm expecting the last episode to be extremely rushed.
Jun 22, 2014 10:44 AM
Feb 2013
Ok, either Hatsuna is regenerating or is that a drasil coming out of her hernest.
Jun 22, 2014 11:10 AM
Jun 2014
This episode

reeked of bullshit

so bad

Starting with the 99.9% thing until the end
Jun 22, 2014 11:13 AM
Apr 2013
This should have been a two cour anime, from episode 7 to now everything has been pretty face paced. Though I still love this show, it shouldn't have strayed off from the manga to this degree.

24 episodes would have been good enough to tell this story with more detail included.
Jun 22, 2014 11:35 AM

Apr 2012
Interesting development but the show is still crap o_O

Well if hatching into a monster is an inevitability, they are all pretty fucked >_>

Jun 22, 2014 11:50 AM

Oct 2013
Wow that escalated even more
Jun 22, 2014 11:57 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
God, they shoved a bucketload of manga chapters worth of content in one episode. This is going to be one rushed ending, but I guess it cannot be avoided.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 22, 2014 12:14 PM

May 2012
cant wait to finish this s h i t
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Jun 22, 2014 12:19 PM

Apr 2010
So a cliff hanger and a being left with Kana so things might be exciting last week however i somewhat have my doubts.
This development also seems a bit late in the anime.
I wonder what they are trying to achieve with it.
Jun 22, 2014 12:24 PM
Mar 2014
I was surprised at the ending, only because I assumed it was a 12 episode season. Well I hope everything is wrapped up next week.

Did anyone notice what Kazumi was browsing?
http://imgur.com/gallery/lJDKWQQ
Jun 22, 2014 12:31 PM

Aug 2012
Why are so many people surprised by how rushed it is? And manga readers at that lol. You just can't fit 30 chapters in two episodes and hope it goes well. That said, with as intense as it should have been considering the pace, everything just kinda happened with little effect. Pretty terrible direction in this one, an episode where they needed to pull out alll the stops to make the lightning speed pace seem believable.

Guess that means they're saving their efforts for the finale. They skipped so much of the buildup and struggle to get to Chisato and Kotori, they can actually give the right amount of focus to the climax. It's still gonna be lightning fast pacing, so hopefully the direction is better than this episode. All I'm wanting is the canon ending to this arc to be adapted properly(like any manga fan), if they do it this can still be saved from complete mediocrity.

Poor Kazumi though. She got shafted in her time to shine. Like I mentioned, that whole scene just kinda happened as if it were a recap.

Big question, very big spoiler:
Jun 22, 2014 12:38 PM

Jun 2013
Ahh that cliffhanger at the end there. Really want to see the next episode now.
Im guessing next episode Valkyria will probably stop that thing hatching out of Kotori and she may also kill Ichijiku.
Jun 22, 2014 12:41 PM

Dec 2010
Oh boy. This was so painfully bad. Evil guys explaining their goals, people weeping minutes long over some shit while the bad guys wait for them to finish instead of just finishing them off etc...

I hope this'll be over soon.
Jun 22, 2014 1:11 PM
Jan 2013
Wow this anime is terrible.
Jun 22, 2014 1:25 PM
Pokémon Master

Apr 2014
I really can't wait to see what happens next.

But I'm definitely going to read the manga for it. :3
Jun 22, 2014 1:27 PM

Dec 2011
Ahh. They seriously went this rushed route after all. My goodness. At least, it still is following the plot of the manga, just skipping out a lot of details.

I am expecting to see a Neko vs. Mako on the final episode, with the foreshadowing that Neko has the power to defeat her.

It is a shame that this anime didn't get the chance to explore the skipped Skadi arc... and this arc with Valkyria properly and how it played out. Oh well.
Jun 22, 2014 1:27 PM
Oct 2013
It gets worse each episode. Not just from the perspective of the manga but the production quality worsens every week too.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it set in the same world as Elfen Lied?

Saku33 - Nov 16, 2023

5 by Buny0058 »»
Nov 18, 2023 12:33 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2014

126 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 13, 2023 3:41 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

403 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 7:24 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

231 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 6:03 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

308 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 4:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.