Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 22, 2014 9:25 AM

Oct 2012
Free!'s Pv hehehe < 3
cant wait
Jun 22, 2014 11:20 AM

Dec 2012
This looks like what Tokyo Magnitude would be with badass protagonists.
Jun 22, 2014 12:08 PM

May 2012
I will be watching

Akame ga Kill (i heard a lot of good thing about this and the PV look good)
Sword Art Online II
Sailor Moon Crystal
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei!
Sabagebu! (girls and guns !! I'll watch it)
Zankyou no Terror
Tokyo Ghoul (the PV looks so good. I hope this is 2 cour long)
Tokyo ESP
Aldnoah.Zero
Shirogane no Ishi
Momo Kyun Sword (hot females with action. I can't resist that)
Himegoto (it has hot looking trap. I'm disappointed that it is short series)
Love Stage (also has trap but not as hot Himegoto)
Rail Wars!
Free 2 (I will watch it because I watched 1st season, but the anime is not as good as what other says)
thepathJun 22, 2014 12:11 PM
Jun 22, 2014 2:27 PM

Dec 2010
Tokyo Ghoul looks cool, really like the character design, on the other hand kind of disappointed in aldnoah zero's char design
Jun 22, 2014 6:24 PM

Jul 2013
wow, awesome PVs. ~
i will watch *Tokyo Ghoul + Barakamon*
Jun 23, 2014 2:48 AM

Jun 2012
i’ll only pick Hanamonogatari and Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma☆Illya Zwei!

and maybe Akame ga Kill!??
but after seen the PV i feels a lot of disappointment
like when watch Bleach anime Hueco Mundo arc after read the manga,

-first the character design feels not deep enough and animation feels stiff
what makes Akame ga Kill interesting is the sweet detailed character design, if character design awkward, rest of the show awkward
Heres the anime and manga Comparison:
- weird tatsumi character design:
http://oi60.tinypic.com/10nuwdh.jpg
http://oi59.tinypic.com/xssy8.jpg
http://oi59.tinypic.com/2how9co.jpg
and the worst of all http://oi62.tinypic.com/27xpfrt.jpg
it's more like that lame-ass Freezing Protagonist than Tatsumi http://oi58.tinypic.com/3008fer.jpg
-other character:
http://oi61.tinypic.com/rjgils.jpg
http://oi61.tinypic.com/28krk34.jpg
-in the end:
http://oi57.tinypic.com/i1fp1w.jpg

-second too much resemblance to SnK
now after the succes of Shingeki no Kyojin, i think the staff going to make this more like SnK. for example hard soundtrack, deep massive dark world, annoying tense atmosphere. if feel so much similar to snk, and feel not like Akame ga Kill! manga i used to know.

-third i don’t know the anime not aired yet, i just see the trailer…
let see what’ll happen to the actual show

what i love from Akame ga Kill! is the detail of sweet looking innocent character that suddenly turn into a piece of blood meat in a second, and the realistic feel of fast fighting scene with a sudden conclusion. that makes every fight so dangerous

maybe ill love it if they show alot of gore and detail of it (cutting cute meat)
but it feels impossible because it just a tv series

i believe people who love SnK gonna love this show or maybe Gokukoku no Brynhildr fan gonna love it...
eugh....
Jun 23, 2014 8:55 AM

Jan 2012
Will certainly watch:

- Hanamonogatari (I really liked those S2 arcs where Araragi wasn't the protagonist, and while I don't expect this installment to be as good as Neko Shiro and Koi, I'm game as long as it'll hit Otori's level. I just hope the three month delay will prove to be useful as far as production goes, but it having five episodes and yet another new narrator already makes it interesting)

- Space Dandy S2 (S1 showed that this franchise puts a huge emphasis on its all-around variety via its episodic nature, and while this format made the episodes to be varied in the hit-or-miss department as well, it made me convinced just enough to look forward S2. I do hope this season will have more hit than miss episodes though, but I'm still curious about the selection of variety, and the same goes to the possibility that the series will try to make the episodic nature into an actual plot point just for the heck of it)

- Zankyou no Terror (The combination of Watanabe and NoitaminA makes this a no-brainer)

Not "must watch" like the above titles, but still interested:

- Barakamon (Seems to be kind of slice-of-life show I could easily get behind, and it certainly helps that both the director and the music composer have a fine list of shows they worked on)

- Rail Wars (Originally I wasn't planning to watch this series at all, but after reading that some people likened it to You're Under Arrest, I changed my mind. I love YUA a lot, so I hope RW turns out be potentially similar not just in a vague way, but in its charm as well)

- Sailor Moon Crystal (While I don't remember as much about this franchise as I do about Dragon Ball even though they were aired back to back in my country around 1998, I do remember that I found it entertaining enough as an "appetizer" for DB, so while I'm not going in with as much nostalgia as some people might do, I'm still somewhat interested in what Toei has done with this reboot)
Jun 23, 2014 11:15 PM

Nov 2012
Tirno said:
Nope said:
Tokyo Ghoul is about the only thing that got my attention, but other than I already plan to watch Sailor moon, and Space Dandy
The manga is actually really bad lol.

And that says a lot considering what has your attention this summer.
it says nothing.

skudoops said:
Nope said:
Tokyo Ghoul is about the only thing that got my attention, but other than I already plan to watch Sailor moon, and Space Dandy
The manga is actually really bad lol.

Not really it's pretty enjoyable and entertaining, but it's nothing revolutionary or mind blowing. It's just a lighter version of berserk without the grand story and politics.

As for your other stuff I'm just interested in tokyo ghoul, I'll wait till space dandy ends since the first season wasn't all that and sailor moon doesn't interest me.
It's nothing like Berserk besides the amount gore but feels awfully forced in to give the reader shock value, the characters are all just plainly bad, and there's essentially a harem around the MC too, since all the women who fall for him end up getting killed the next chapter.
Jun 24, 2014 2:58 AM

Sep 2013
August 16....BANZAI!!
Jun 24, 2014 3:31 AM
May 2014
Nope said:
Tirno said:

And that says a lot considering what has your attention this summer.
it says nothing.

skudoops said:

Not really it's pretty enjoyable and entertaining, but it's nothing revolutionary or mind blowing. It's just a lighter version of berserk without the grand story and politics.

As for your other stuff I'm just interested in tokyo ghoul, I'll wait till space dandy ends since the first season wasn't all that and sailor moon doesn't interest me.
It's nothing like Berserk besides the amount gore but feels awfully forced in to give the reader shock value, the characters are all just plainly bad, and there's essentially a harem around the MC too, since all the women who fall for him end up getting killed the next chapter.

You sound like you havrn't even read the manga to spout stuff like that. Please before critisizing something at least know what you're talking about and really your opinion means nothing when Tokyo Ghoul is the only thing you're interested in for this summer.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jun 24, 2014 12:35 PM
Feb 2013
Hmm, nothing good for me except the new Sailor Moon. Guess i'll work on my PTW this summer.
Jun 24, 2014 12:53 PM

Mar 2012
Summer 2014 doesn't looking particularly promising. Hanamonogatari is the only thing on my radar, really. We'll see.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jun 24, 2014 1:20 PM

Nov 2012
kikohunter said:

You sound like you havrn't even read the manga to spout stuff like that. Please before critisizing something at least know what you're talking about and really your opinion means nothing when Tokyo Ghoul is the only thing you're interested in for this summer.
I have, I read 14 chapters of that garbage. What a waste of time :/
Jun 24, 2014 3:49 PM
May 2014
Nope said:
kikohunter said:

I have, I read 14 chapters of that garbage. What a waste of time :/

You didn't like it, ok. Nice to know but please don't state completely false things to justify why you didn't like said series. It didn't click with you, which is fine. We all have different opinions on things and that's what makes us human but you don't have to go out of your way to state wrong things about Akame ga Kill to make it seem like something it's not for someone else.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jun 24, 2014 4:36 PM
Jun 24, 2014 5:16 PM

May 2014
Akame ga kill s2
Jun 24, 2014 10:11 PM

May 2013
looking to be a great summer, can't wait for Akame ga kiru
"Why the hell is it so easy to make people mad, and so difficult to make them smile?" -Kurosawa Dono
Jun 25, 2014 12:47 AM

Jul 2012
So my Summer~
Tokyo Ghoul-High Priority
SAO 2-High Priority
Akame ga Kill!-Normal Priority
Rail Wars!-Normal Priority
Zankyou no Terror-Normal Priority
rest not really that interesting,i will go on with HxH and manga this summer,more hope into fall season.

I painted my teary face with a disguised smile[COLOR=#ff3333] and pretended it was a cry out of joy.[/COLOR]

Jun 25, 2014 12:48 AM

Nov 2011
Is it assumed that neither Kantai Collection: Kan Colle or Grisaia no Kajitsu will debut this Summer? That would be a shame.
Jun 25, 2014 2:44 AM

Mar 2012
Stark700 said:
Is it assumed that neither Kantai Collection: Kan Colle or Grisaia no Kajitsu will debut this Summer? That would be a shame.
I'm a patient man after all. Waiting one or more season is nothing.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 25, 2014 2:48 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Stark700 said:

Re: KanColle
Kineta said:
cyclone1993 said:
KanColle should probably be listed under the unknowns, because as far as I know they haven't announced when it will be out yet...But it is coming this Summer supposedly...
It was initially announced in our news for Summer 2014. However, when I looked into the entry last week, the official site only said "2014" and there hasn't been any news on their Twitter since May's birthday event. Thus, I highly suspect we won't be seeing it this season and have changed the start date to only 2014.
Official site still only says 2014 and there haven't been any updates.

As for Grisaia no Kajitsu, there's no news that it will even air this year, let alone this season. It's been 15 months since it was initially announced, so it's anyone's guess right now. That being said, they did release a handful of staff names and the studio at the end of April, so perhaps we'll see it this year yet.
Jun 25, 2014 4:50 PM

May 2010
So many interesting series! This spring was actually kinda weak in my opinion, this time I'll be watching more series, that's for sure (since I wasn't really interested in anything from spring season lol).

Definitely watching:
Sailor Moon Crystal (<333 My no.1 awaited series)
Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus
Free!: Eternal Summer (Wet bishies, so...)
Hanamonogatari

Besides that I'm interested in Ao Haru Ride, because it's shoujo, new SAO, though I still need to watch the first season, and Tokyo Ghoul, because of the tags (horror!).

Well, this should be satisfying :3
Jun 25, 2014 6:29 PM

Nov 2011
Kineta said:
Stark700 said:

Re: KanColle.

Ah, I just found a post in the sub-forums about it.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1164861&pages=2&show=20#msg31920901

Kinda a shame oh well. I hope it will debut this Fall.
Jun 25, 2014 8:21 PM

Nov 2008
Stark700 said:
Kineta said:

Re: KanColle.

Ah, I just found a post in the sub-forums about it.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1164861&pages=2&show=20#msg31920901

Kinda a shame oh well. I hope it will debut this Fall.

Hopefully the production staff will figure out a way to create a good anime out of this and soon or it could be the trainwreck of the decade.

Jun 25, 2014 8:51 PM

Jun 2014
SAO II, P4G, Glasslip, and Rokujouma no Shinryakusha that i'll be watching for this summer i think..
Jun 26, 2014 2:57 AM
Dec 2010
Quick question, when is the Summer 2014 simulcasts thread going up? CR, Funimation and Madman have all confirmed simulcasts, so we already have a decently-sized list.
Jun 26, 2014 7:51 AM

Nov 2008
xHoneythief said:
Quick question, when is the Summer 2014 simulcasts thread going up? CR, Funimation and Madman have all confirmed simulcasts, so we already have a decently-sized list.

Next week at the earliest.

Jun 26, 2014 7:53 AM
Jun 2013
Dunois said:
Kids' series are not listed.

I thought the "kids anime are not previewed" mentality is limited to western anime blogs. This trend should end a long time ago, as kids' anime are not as bad as they seemed.

By the way, stuffs that I'm going to watch:

Pri Para - I'm super hyped for this one since that it is essentially Pretty Rhythm going Aikatsu! route. Will it inherit Pretty Rhythm's fair share of drama or become as light as Aikatsu!? Can this series surpass Aikatsu! in popularity? I can't wait for this.

Shirogane no Ishi Argevollen & Aldonah.Zero - I need some fill of mecha while waiting for G-reco and Gundam Build Fighters 2nd Season.

Futsuu no Joshikousei ga [Locodol] Yatte Mita. - I like the character designs and the premise sounds interesting.

Hanayamata - Another Manga Kirara Time adaptation. GochiUsa was great and I expect no less from this.

Zankyou no Terror - Just having a hunch that it will be a surprisingly good anime.

Psycho-Pass New Edit - I stopped the original at episode 17. I guess I'll just watch this and drop the original since that it has new scenes. I will not stop this time.
Nothing is bad for being in any genre or demographic, especially anime for kids.
Jun 26, 2014 7:59 AM

Feb 2014
too much.... good.... animes.... within.... the.... month....
*Heavy Breathing*
*passes out*

✿ King of the Night ✿
Jun 26, 2014 8:01 AM

Apr 2009
Do you post Summer previews here or in the general anime forums? I am confused.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jun 26, 2014 8:44 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
murazrai said:
Dunois said:
Kids' series are not listed.
I thought the "kids anime are not previewed" mentality is limited to western anime blogs. This trend should end a long time ago, as kids' anime are not as bad as they seemed.
It's not about quality. The news section of MAL doesn't post news about hentai and kids' anime (unless the series is very popular on the site) because the majority of the community never responds to these articles.

Nidhoeggr said:
Do you post Summer previews here or in the general anime forums? I am confused.
Please post any summer previews we are missing here. We'll then update the OP with the link while you wait for the delivery of your virtual cookie in thanks. We'd prefer to house all PVs in this thread, rather than multiple threads being made in each series board.
Jun 26, 2014 9:24 AM

Mar 2013
Jun 26, 2014 10:01 AM

Aug 2007
By this time I only want to watch sailor Moon and Sword art online. Maybe I'll watch another, but I haven't decided.
Jun 26, 2014 3:25 PM

Jul 2010
Didn't look through the whole list yet, but I'll watch for now:

Akame ga Kill
Free! Eternal Summer
Glasslip
Persona 4
Pripara
Psycho-Pass New Edit Version (maybe)
Sailor Moon
Space Dandy S2
Sword Art Online II
Tokyo ESP
Tokyo Ghoul
Zankyou no Terror
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Jun 26, 2014 11:02 PM
Aug 2013
glasslip glasslip glasslip glasslip glasslip
Jun 27, 2014 12:09 AM

Apr 2013
Zankyou no Terror gets me extremely excited.
Powerful eyebrows.
Jun 27, 2014 10:38 PM

Mar 2014
Super pumped:
- Zankyou no Terror
- Space Dandy 2nd Season

Somewhat pumped:
- Tokyo Ghoul
- Shounen Hollywood
- Sengoku Basara.

I'm also somewhat interested in Hamamonogatari and Shin Strange+, but I haven't seen the original series for either, so I'd think jumping into the middle of things might be a bit weird.
Oh, and the same goes for Maido! Urayasu Tekkin Kazoku... except I'm really interested in it. I might just end up watching it, since it's a comedy and wouldn't need to watch it in order or anything... but part of me also just wants to go back and marathon the original series right now, lol.
::End of Transmission::

Jun 28, 2014 2:53 PM

Apr 2008
So much to choose from - not sure I'm going to have enough time to watch it all!!! XD

MUST WATCH:
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun - surprise addition (seiyu list/PV3 have me hooked! :P)
Zankyou no Terror
Ao Haru Ride
Sword Art Online II
Glasslip
Free!: Eternal Summer
Barakamon (oops forgot to add!)

MAYBE:
Shin Strange+
Nobunaga Concerto
Tokyo Ghoul

At some point but need to catch up on prequels! ^^; ...:
Sengoku Basara: Judge End
Persona 4 The Golden Animation
Hanamonogatari
nehnehnejiJun 29, 2014 9:37 AM
Jun 28, 2014 4:01 PM

Apr 2014
I have lot of backlog from Fall, Winter, and Spring to catch up on. However, from the current list, I will be watching:

Aldnoah.Zero
DRAMAtical Murder
Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen
Sword Art Online II

After all the Mecha that was released in the Fall, Winter, and Spring, and 2 that are still currently airing, I'm glad that there's only 2 new mecha anime for the Summer. Too bad none of the Slice of Life anime caught my appeal, but I would love to watch a good series of the SoL variety for the Summer.

"Haunted by darkness... Cursed by light... I am Jyakotu."
Jun 28, 2014 4:20 PM

Sep 2010
My list of series I will be watching

Aldnoah.Zero
Barakamon
Captain Earth
DMMD
Fairy Tail
Free! Eternal Summer
Glasslip
Haikyuu!!
Love Stage!
Mobile Suit Gundam-san
Re: Hamatora
Shirogane no Ishi Argevollen
Shounen Hollywood
Space Dandy season 2
Sword Art Online season 2
Tokyo Ghoul
Yami Shibai 2
Zankyou no Terror

Bolded ones I'm most excited for I didn't bold the currently airing ones like Captain Earth and Haikyuu!! since I'm loving them enough to not drop them.

As much as I want to add K: Missing Kings to the list it won't be shown near me the closest theater is like almost a 3+ hour drive. -___- So I have to wait for some precious person to cam rip it or wait until there is a DVD/Bluray release in Japan. *sigh* This is the movie I was most excited for and one of the things I wanted to see the most out of everything this year besides Free!
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 28, 2014 11:04 PM

Jul 2013
SandyBoi said:
Hanayamata [PV]:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2uF35VwMEo

This one hasn't been posted up on the main post of this thread yet - Since I thought it may have been missed earlier so I brought it up again.
Jun 29, 2014 12:34 AM

Nov 2013
Humm I will be watching :

- Free!: Eternal Summer
- Sword Art Online II
- Himegoto
- Hanamonogatari
- Glasslip

And a lot of other ^^
Jun 29, 2014 1:00 PM

Oct 2013
I'll be watching Sengoku Basara: Judge End yo
and glad JJBA runs 4 cours!

I'm not good at keeping up with on-going anime so 2 on-going anime is enough for a week for me :)

Might watch: Tokyo ESP and Persona 4 The Golden Animation
Jun 29, 2014 5:15 PM

Feb 2013
Does anyone know the release date for the Psycho Pass New Edit? It's one of my all time favorites so I'm excited to see it (even if it's just a new editing of the original)! :)

Also...while searching for info on the Psycho Pass New Edit to air this summer I noticed that there is a SECOND SEASON (like a REAL second season!!!) coming out in October 2014 and a movie coming out in the winter:

Psycho Pass Season 2: http://myanimelist.net/anime/23281/Psycho-Pass_2

Psycho Pass Movie: http://myanimelist.net/anime/21339/Psycho-Pass_Movie

Sorry to talk about fall and winter but I was so shocked to see that there would be a true S2 AND a movie! I felt the need to share for others who might not know. :D *so happy for more Psycho Pass* :D

To stay on topic, here is what I'll be watching out of the Summer 2014 lineup:

Super psyched for:
- Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus
- Zankyou no Terror
- Ao Haru Ride
- Tokyo Ghoul

I'm also looking forward to watching:
- Aldnoah.Zero
- Free! Eternal Summer
- Space Dandy s2
- DRAMAtical Murder
- Akame ga Kill!
- Hanamonogatari
- Glasslip
- SAO 2
- Barakamon
- Sailor Moon Crystal

I'll probably watch a few other shows as they come out but these are shows I'll be checking out for sure. :)
Jun 29, 2014 11:17 PM
Nov 2013
I'm really looking forward to:
Akame ga Kill
Aldnoah.Zero
Ao Haru Ride
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal
Barakamon
Glasslip
Persona 4 the Golden Animation
Rail Wars
Space Dandy 2
Sword Art Online II
Tokyo Ghoul
Zankyou no Terror

I'll probably try most of the other shows too but these are definite watched for me.
Jun 29, 2014 11:23 PM

Sep 2013
Hanamonogatari is in august. :(
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jun 30, 2014 4:05 AM
Sep 2013
Goona watch a lot
SAO 2
Love Stage
Barakamon
Akama Ga Kill
Ao Haru Ride
Fate/Kaleid
Dramatical Murder
Bakumatsu Rock
Hanamonogatari if i'll finish season 2
Hanaymata
Jinsei
Seirei Tsuki No Blade Dance
Tokyo ESP
Maybe 1-2 more
But i'll probably drop some
Jun 30, 2014 5:07 AM

May 2014
Plan to watch: Glasslip, Psycho pass, SAO 2, Prisma kaleid,hanamonogatari, persona 4, kuroshitsuji

I'll try to watch the others if their feedbacks are good
Jun 30, 2014 7:18 AM

Mar 2013
Jun 30, 2014 8:11 AM
Jul 2018
Due to massive workload I will have to limit myself to only 5 shows:

Plan to complete:
Aldnoah Zero
Terror in Tokyo
Space Dandy 2
Agame ga kill
Sword Art Online 2

Might try (or watch if one of the shows I'm planning to complete gets bad):
Persona 4
Tokyo Ghoul
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
4 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
7 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
8 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.