Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Soul Eater NOT!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2014 10:04 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was an interesting Halloween theme episode. Ah, Memi and her outfit was quite something. The bats theme also did itself well with the pumpkins, ghosts, and decorationsl. Speaking of bats, they had a little baseball batting session as well. Anyways, I thought it was okay overall, nothing too exciting though.

I haven't read this far into the manga yet but I'm pretty excited to see what's to come next. Oh shit, I spot that witch in the hat.
Jun 3, 2014 1:53 PM

Jun 2013
Super cute episode (as usual). Meme sleeping drunken boxing lol

I think from this point on it's all original anime content because just from seeing the preview, it didn't look like anything from the manga content.
Jun 3, 2014 2:58 PM

Sep 2013
Sleeping Meme is fun ;D

Lol Meme sure had one heck of a day and all because that kid called her fat, which she isn't.

I would love to see someone swing like that inva real baseball game :p

Anyways fun episode and next week looks intense judging by the preview
Jun 3, 2014 3:08 PM

Jul 2013
If Meme could only 'sleep' like that during an actual fight.

Jun 3, 2014 3:23 PM

Jun 2012
Meme's life is actually so exciting! I wish we knew even more about it. Tracking back her memories is so much fun :D
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!

Jul 2012
Kind of a weird episode this week~!
Or, I mean in terms of the 2nd part of the anime.....

So! It looks like there were....like 3 separate stories in this episode: The first was the hot heat and sleeping was a bad idea, the second part was Meme's confused day, and the last part was some baseball stuff. :3
It was pretty cute, since it had like a Halloween theme to it. :3

Next episode.....OMG! What happens?! D:
Jul 2013
Am I the only one who thinks that this episode was too ecchi?
Jun 3, 2014 3:24 PM

Jun 2012
Interesting preview. This ep showed that meme can forget important things quite easily, so what if she's working for that gorgon sister and forgot about it. I could see that happening. So I'm guessing next episode she'll remember.
Jun 3, 2014 3:32 PM

Apr 2010
Not the best episode it was mostly short stories and not much development.
The preview and cliffhanger suggests things are going to heat up now.
Guess we will have to wait and see.
Jun 3, 2014 3:40 PM

Feb 2014
Meh just a filler episode with Meme fanservice at least. I fear NOT will suffer just like Railgun with unused potential but lets wait for the judgement.
So we gotta have a festival next huh, hope that it will become interesting and with lots of cameo appearance.
Jun 3, 2014 3:43 PM
Oct 2010
Cute time passage exposition scenes... gotta admit I've never thought about using those to put more "moe" into an anime.

Hmmm, despite the almost complete lack of relevant content, I think this episode gave a nice hint of depth into Meme's character, showing her being actually concerned about her catastrophic memory.

BTW, am I the only one who thinks Meme looked cool (in a weird way) in that souvenirs' outfit?

Anyway, next episode looks interesting.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jun 3, 2014 3:46 PM

May 2013
Nothing much happened in this episode. Pretty much more of a filler episode.
Jun 3, 2014 3:57 PM

Mar 2010
A little bit of yuri undertones and then a whole episode of not fighting witches. At least preview seems to hint about possibly interesting next episode
"Then again, if she's not my sibling, there's no bling, either" - Ararararagi Koyomi
Jun 3, 2014 4:25 PM

Sep 2011
a dribble episode of no real importance but to give the audience a few small stories that should have forwarded the characters development. it only proved successful for one of the characters. meme's version of the hangover added more to her character then just the ditzy friend. it didn't tell me who she actually was but just said there is more to her then meets the eye. the plot got the shortest segment out of the already fragmented episode. overall not that enjoyable
Jun 3, 2014 6:28 PM

Dec 2010
I enjoyed this episode! I like how they framed it around the passing of the seasons and the growing pumpkins. The first story was hilarious. Meme is actually pretty useful in a fight, plus there was fanservice. The second part was basically the Hangover, and I loved it. Not particularly funny, but enjoyable. Plus it kind of ended sadly...The third story was my least favorite, but it wasn't awful.

I do wonder who Tsugumi will pick, and the preview for the next episode looks really interesting!
Jun 3, 2014 6:39 PM

Jul 2013
Yeah the episode didn't have any progression here, but I think its just a set up for the Holloween Festival.

1st half focus on Meme's weird situation for getting some stuff from the street, and the 2nd half was just some baseball trivia stuff.

A meh episode, but judging from the preview and ending for next episode, it looked serious, looking forward to it.

Jun 3, 2014 8:22 PM

Mar 2013
To all you casuls saying this was filler. this is a Slice of life anime. it's not soul eater. don't expect a lot of fights or you will be dissapointed.
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Jun 3, 2014 9:00 PM
Apr 2014
This episode was so meh it was bad.
Jun 3, 2014 9:08 PM

Jan 2011
it's like you guys still haven't noticed what this show was about from start lol though it seems we'll be getting into the 'minor plot'of this series soon.

enjoyed this more because it was stuff i never seen but dat singing
Jun 3, 2014 9:44 PM

Jan 2014
I'm excited for next week's episode, which will be taking place on Halloween. Should be pretty cool!

Not much progressed in this episode, but it was a really nice, laid back one.
Jun 3, 2014 10:05 PM

Dec 2012
decent episode. better than last one
Jun 3, 2014 11:13 PM

May 2013
Episode was nice. Nothing new in particular.
Jun 3, 2014 11:35 PM

May 2010
i tried to ignore it as much as i could but after the first 7 minutes it had to accept that this show will never be anything like the original soul eater..not even remotely.

overall pretty meh episode and my opinion of the anime itself isnt any higher.

2/5
Jun 4, 2014 1:33 AM

Jan 2014
Is there a dark side to Meme? I wonder.
Jun 4, 2014 6:23 AM
Apr 2013
Fanservice episode, 2/5
Jun 4, 2014 6:37 AM

Dec 2013
Hrmm... I actually gave this a series a +1 to my original rating of it after this episode.

The fact that it's Slice of Life, and nothing like the original Soul Eater, is what makes it so good. Probably. I didn't have much hope for it at first, didn't think I'd like it because I usually don't go for stuff like this; but, I've been pleasantly surprised.

You would think that after getting this close to the end of the series people would have realized what it is and isn't. Is: Slice of Life, Light-Hearted, and Fun. Isn't: Action, Shounen, nor the original Soul Eater. It includes fan service because that's just how it is, if you let that affect your rating this far in you must not have been paying attention at all.

Hopefully we'll see some more of the Soul Eater characters during the Battle Festival. Would love to see Black Star fight.

I'm getting the feeling that in the end it's gonna have one of those "non-ending" endings. The type where even after being given the ultimatum to choose either Anya or Meme, Tsugumi won't choose and somehow it'll work out so she can still be with both of them without having to choose.

I saw another interesting theory in this thread. What if Meme is working with the witch? This episode kind of brought that possibility into the light, and it's not a bad theory. The "messenger bats" scene would certainly make more sense if that were the case.

And was it just me, or did it seem like the whole "Kim broke up with me" story with Jackie was never followed thru? It showed them together near the end of this episode during the halloween montage when Kim was riding the broom(which was that funny kind of irony).
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jun 4, 2014 9:33 AM
Oct 2010
The_Bif said:
And was it just me, or did it seem like the whole "Kim broke up with me" story with Jackie was never followed thru? It showed them together near the end of this episode during the halloween montage when Kim was riding the broom(which was that funny kind of irony).

It was pretty much just a joke on how it was too hot to be around her during summer (as the other girls quickly realized)... With October's fresher air they were bound to "make up". By January Kim may even get chummy with Jackie, Nevada does get cold in winter after all.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jun 4, 2014 9:43 AM

Sep 2009
people should know that all these part were actually in the manga as one chapter
Jun 4, 2014 12:22 PM

Oct 2011
Drunken Meme Wow. Dat "hot" scene afterwards : )

OMG a sloth. Its E7 AO all over again XD

Dat pumpkin growing song <3

Anya will make a great batter and Meme a catcher on the field.

Messenger bats : 0

Halloween Battle Festival. Tsugumi has to choose !!!! OMG !!!!!

Meme is evil NOOOOOO T___T
Jun 4, 2014 10:27 PM

Mar 2012
This anime is fun to watch, the fillers were kinda alright.

People who hate this series were shounen fanboys who likes mindless action.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jun 5, 2014 3:45 AM

Dec 2012
I don't really care what they were going for here. . . . . boring episode is just boring.
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Jun 5, 2014 10:54 AM

Nov 2013
The Hangover Not!

Hah.
Jun 5, 2014 8:12 PM

Oct 2013
the pumpkin song is so cute
"Burn the heretics"
Jun 6, 2014 3:48 AM

Jul 2013
Dat Meme fan service!!

Lucky kid got hugged by her boobs -____-
Jun 6, 2014 8:39 AM

May 2014
Zabrios said:
Fanservice episode, 2/5

Fanservice anime actualy :P ... soul eater EAT R.I.P.... and soul eater NOT is doing the burying :/
Jun 6, 2014 8:52 AM

May 2014
I understand that this anime is a slice of life and that it's nothing like soul eater, but should that prevent it from having an actual plot ??!!
P.S.: That witch plot thing is not doing it for me, they might as well remove her from the story all together, it wouldn't affect the show since we only get to see small glimps of her in eash episode, cant the writers just creat a solid serious "slice of life" plot and center the series around it??!! ... for instance fill in the frekin plot holes from "soul eater" , the mush needed charecter development for the side charecters which i think most of the previous fans would enjoy (paty and liz episode was a good example) and subtly integrat it into the current plot ... may be then it would be enjoyable ??!!
Jun 7, 2014 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Laughing and joking something serious and interesting when seen during the growth of pumpkins! XD
Daily life broken up into mini episodes, I did not think I could have fun all the same.
Not really boring, but I have to admit that beauty is in the final.
Too bad the drawings are not always at the most.
Pleasant when Anya hit the ball that way, and interesting as Meme is mysterious about his life, who knows what will happen in the next episode ...
Jun 10, 2014 2:25 PM
Mar 2014
The preview for the next episode looks really interesting, just have to wait for the english sub to come out! I kinda want Tsugumi to pick Meme...
Jun 10, 2014 6:00 PM

Jul 2008
I guess it was a cute episode. And it was mainly used to get from summer to fall so we could get to Halloween.

The insert song was kind of not very good...
Jun 13, 2014 11:28 PM

Sep 2012
Hangover!? that's hangover right?

But in all seriousness anyone feel like all the witches are dressed as witches... woudn't some be i dont know suspicious of that? Or could that be a bit of an identity thing so they know who is only if one is.
Jun 23, 2014 7:37 PM
Aug 2011
I've enjoyed just about every episode until now.
This episode was exceptionally boring. Meme is the worst.
Jun 24, 2014 6:52 PM

Apr 2011
Mirianime said:
Am I the only one who thinks that this episode was too ecchi?

Yes, you are.

Perfect amount of fanservice ... I liked the shota staring at Meme's bouncing boobs and then calling her 'fat'. Which she isn't, of course ... the only fat on her is at all the right places.

Sure would be nice to get back to the actual plot, though. Hopefully the scorpion witch will show up again soon and we can get to some actual fighting and drama. The slice of life portion of this show is getting kinda boring.
Sep 9, 2014 3:52 AM

Oct 2013
One does not skip this op
haha she forgot what happened
decent episode
[/quote]
Sep 24, 2014 5:07 AM

Jun 2008
Kerozinn said:
i tried to ignore it as much as i could but after the first 7 minutes it had to accept that this show will never be anything like the original soul eater..not even remotely.

Wow! There are still people under the delusion that this could be like soul eater. It's different theme, when are you people gonna get it. This is slice of life NOT a fighting shounen.
Nov 22, 2014 3:56 PM

May 2012
Preparing for Halloween, well that sure was fun a bit more a filler though but well let's see what's next!
Jan 10, 2015 1:18 PM

Apr 2010
The entire baseball part was a One Outs reference wasn't it?
Nov 12, 2018 5:27 AM

Mar 2016
This is quite a way to show how time progresses, by showing scenes of a pumpkin growing gradually and some short stories between. I quite like it!
Apr 30, 2019 5:46 AM

Dec 2018
Meme has high yet low luck

He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Dec 3, 2019 3:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Haha the Meme sleeping scene at the beginning lol
The baseball match was quite fun too, good episode
Mar 14, 2023 7:51 AM

Nov 2010
I love seeing cute girls sweat! I like that fight between Anya & Meme. It's too bad Tsugumi is such a KJ she stopped it before it got interesting.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2014

187 by UnholyAsian »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2014

129 by Jengmaru »»
Aug 30, 2023 5:48 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2014

73 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2014

81 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 8:39 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

54 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 6:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.