Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 14, 2014 6:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was excellent. Jibril is just exactly like the way I remembered her. Sarcastic and down to the point. Those wings though...

And just like that, a game between them begins. Quite creative btw and with a climatic finish. I thought the game might of continued until the next episode though but oh well, it concluded this time around. Jibril is awesome though.
Stark700May 14, 2014 6:33 AM
May 14, 2014 7:07 AM

Aug 2013
Finally this game is animated, and i'm satisfied with it.

Jibril is awesome in the LN, and even more awesome in the anime.

Now i wonder how many people will get upset with the fanservices in this episode and scream incest with the "kissing" scene lol.
loli_a_ravioliMay 14, 2014 7:11 AM
May 14, 2014 7:11 AM
Oct 2012
Beast666 said:
Now i wonder how many people will get upset with the fanservices in this episode lol.

Haters have to hate, so tons of course!

This animation uses change of pace really well, between serious and complete farce which is fun to watch, and am I the only one or does Jibiri lusting after knowledge remind of Sena and Kobata not just the lust, but the way it is animated.

Steph dog returns!
And great game.
May 14, 2014 8:02 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
How fascinating.. *__* This game was a lot better in the anime than how I visualized it from the LN. I really love it, and it was satisfying!

Awesome fanservice in the episode too. Thanks, Sora! xD

Jibril is absolutely pretty! <3 And funny. :3
May 14, 2014 8:25 AM

Jul 2013
mwhahaha world chains... with realization and disappearing of the said object...

first thing to happen? atomic bomb.
last thing to disappear? colomb force -> super nova, killing jibril *-*
UrekMay 14, 2014 9:25 AM
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
May 14, 2014 9:10 AM

Aug 2013
is anyone else absolutely spewing that theres only 13 eps i know i am. On other notes such a great ep this anime is freaken amazing
Yo
May 14, 2014 9:11 AM
Jan 2014
Shiritori was by far the most interesting game.
It was portrayed creatively, especially since it was a special type of Shiritori.
Sora plenned his victory very deeply, not that he doesn't always do that.
May 14, 2014 9:11 AM

Jun 2013
That episode was amazing, the game that they played was executed very well. Also got some fan service which is good. Cant wait for the next episode. Was that a Skyrim reference in the PV for the next episode "I used to be a gamer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee"
May 14, 2014 9:16 AM
Feb 2014
They made a skyrim joke, they used the arrow to the knee phrase in an anime. shocked

i really do like the art for this anime,
I only read books i have already read
May 14, 2014 9:20 AM
Feb 2014
And finally the game I looked most forward to was animated; and it was done really well :D

That atomic bomb as first move was as awesome as I thought it would be ^^ Also nice little physic lesson in there and mostly correct; well normally after Coulomb Force vanishes Gravity would still be there but as it is only a force that can pull things together it does the same as the 2 core forces, so no problem there ^^

@Beast666 Ye I can't wait for those comments :D

EDIT: And that arrow to the knee in the preview O_O Never expected to see that in an anime XD
May 14, 2014 9:21 AM

May 2009
i must really say my body wasnt ready for this. omg 10/10 for this episode.. last week was a bit boring but this one.. just legendary!
May 14, 2014 9:22 AM

Jan 2014
This has to be one of the most balls to the wall episode I've seen this year rivaling Kill la Kill. H-Bomb to Coulomb Force-induced HyperNova.
May 14, 2014 9:26 AM
Feb 2014
Ah and as this wasn't really pointed out: the monster that chased Steph was a Cthulhu and Steph's sanity points went next to 0 hence her speaking in that scene was only gibberish :D
May 14, 2014 9:31 AM

Aug 2010
GLORIOUS!! Just Amazing!! My mouth was watering from the epic animation!! Beautiful!! Thank u MH :D

They did this game justice ^^

Jibril is awesome and she's HOT :3...Lol'd so much at how much she drools for knowledge XD Her voice is cute. The Erogenous part was really erotic and HOT <3
Sora making Jibril climax like a BOSS!! <3<3 Her climaxing voice is really erotic :3

Lol'd so much at Sora showing his touch-type H-game experience XD

The Shiritori was Heavenly >.<

Sora starting with Hydrogen bomb was so BA! hehe. All Dat fanservice at the beach was nice! <3 Jibril's naked posing *A* Thank u Jibril for the gust XD Poor Steph, she was just a decoy and then suffocated to death then pop she blew up in outer space when they used Atmoshpere. Ouch. She was cute when she said "I died" Pout.

From Lithosphere onward everything went a million levels up. EPICNESS!!! Animation became friggin visually stunning O_O
How they used Oxygen and kissed when she used Air was so AWESOME!! Dat kiss :3 And how they were using that so she can't talk!

Sora won the psychological game with how he made her say Anjaku so he can use the Coulomb forces to cause DAT FRIGGIN HYPERNOVA!!!

Jibril's reaction to them being brought here by Tet was nice. She totally want Sora as her master now :)
May 14, 2014 9:41 AM

Mar 2014
Good ep. I enjoyed it but there's something bothering with this ep. I hope we see Jibril as something more than a moving slave-ecchi library. 4/5
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
May 14, 2014 9:44 AM

Jun 2013
The game they played in this episode got so freaking intense.

I knew shit was about to go down the minute Sora started the game with the hydrogen bomb lol

And then it ended with the HYPER NOVA that was so awesome

This episode Sora did a

"Omega Good Job!" -Shiro 2014
May 14, 2014 10:00 AM

Nov 2013
Best episode yet. 10/10
I'm too lazy to make a fancy sig
〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
May 14, 2014 10:01 AM
Dec 2013
Many users commented that this fight was going to be epic and it fucking did! Sora-Shiro keeps leaving me amused chapter after chapter~
"If i were to be the protagonist of a story, it would be a tragedy"
May 14, 2014 10:05 AM
Oct 2013
"i used to be gamer like you,then i took arrow in the knee"

totally lost in this part
May 14, 2014 10:06 AM
Apr 2014
One of the worst animes i've ever seen. I gave it till episode 6, and this is when I drop it. Horrible character development and conflicting ideals. Hes supposed to have a social disorder, but only when hes not around his sister? There has been plenty of times his sister was not beside him yet he can still manipulate people easy. lets not even get into the gary-stu thing either. 1/10
May 14, 2014 10:07 AM

Oct 2010
Great episode, that was probably the most epic game of anything I've ever seen, and Jibril was awesome.

I can't believe they made an arrow to the knee joke though, Lol. I thought the world had escaped from that meme.
May 14, 2014 10:08 AM

Apr 2013
Whoa. Mind completely blown/hurting from having to relive my Physics days. That was an epic battle for sure and I loved how they went with a different method in beating Jibril. Science ftw. Who knew that Shiritori could be so interesting? And I love me that fan service. Madhouse finds more interesting ways to incorporate it in every episode and I whole heartedly approve. Jibril + Steph makes my heart go doki doki.
dankzelMay 15, 2014 8:06 AM
May 14, 2014 10:10 AM
Jun 2012
Wow, the game was epic, Shiro and Sora's strategy was amazing.
Glorious episode 10/10
May 14, 2014 10:12 AM
Mar 2014
Beginning the game with a hydrogen bomb and ending it with rewriting the laws of physics.

10/10 would fap again.
May 14, 2014 10:16 AM
Jul 2012
Ryushen said:
One of the worst animes i've ever seen. I gave it till episode 6, and this is when I drop it. Horrible character development and conflicting ideals. Hes supposed to have a social disorder, but only when hes not around his sister? There has been plenty of times his sister was not beside him yet he can still manipulate people easy. lets not even get into the gary-stu thing either. 1/10

He was only away from Shiro once and from what has happened so far, it seems like he just gets nervous around crowds. I don't think it ever said that he had a social disorder either. Not sure what the Gary-stu thing is, but this has been one of the best episodes I've ever seen.
May 14, 2014 10:19 AM

May 2013
Good episode. Some game that was. Poor Steph that she had to die in that game lol.
May 14, 2014 10:19 AM

Apr 2010
I want my own Flugel now, Jibril is an awesome character and i wish to see more of her.
Seems like Sora and Shiro are starting to expend their reputation as gamers tho i wonder if others will know he just defeated a Flugel.
It would certainly send a message to the other countries and races, and it would give the Imanity hope.
May 14, 2014 10:21 AM
Feb 2014
matthew521 said:
Ryushen said:

He was only away from Shiro once and from what has happened so far, it seems like he just gets nervous around crowds. I don't think it ever said that he had a social disorder either. Not sure what the Gary-stu thing is, but this has been one of the best episodes I've ever seen.

Gary-Stu generally means that you have a perfect character that solves each and any problem without any hardships.

Well that is one of the most inappropriate words to describe Sora...as it is even shown that he basically can't act as a human without his sister, also the main thing haters are mixing up are reason and result of their strength in games.

They are NOT geniuses cuz they are shut-ins; it's the other way round...
May 14, 2014 10:24 AM

Nov 2013
That...that was insane.

I was highly anticipating the lewdness of this episode and got my favorite episode so far. There's one thing that bugs me: The rules state you cannot murder, yes? How was he able negate oxygen and allow Steph to 'die'? How she popped back up end-game was hilarious. Is it intentional murder? Was it the fact that everything could be undone in the end even the end of one's life? BTW, they didn't say 'Aschente' at the beginning.

Shiro, Steph, and now the glorious Jibril? Jibril seems like the one who would be DTF. No wonder she has quite the fanbase and she was highly anticipated. Definitely my favorite out of the three girls so far. Her Engrish was hilarious and her outfit was delicious too. This is no harem anime by any means, but dammit Sora, if by any means he cannot get laid that's unfortunate. I for one would hate to be teased by glorious women to be stopped by the unwritten 'no 18-and-up' rule.

Grrrr...an 'arrow to the knee joke'. Can't they let it die?

5/5 I was worried this anime was going to lose it's charm, but now I'm upset that we're at the halfway point. Split cour, pls.
NotchrishansenMay 14, 2014 10:35 AM
LoL summoner name: Dongblaster
Steam: We're Andr Attack
3DS FC 5472-7177-5620
Please PM me before adding any of these
May 14, 2014 10:29 AM

Apr 2014
Notchrishansen said:
That...that was insane.

I was highly anticipating the lewdness of this episode and got my favorite episode so far. There's one thing that bugs me: The rules state you cannot murder, yes? How was he able negate oxygen and allow Steph to 'die'? How she popped back up end-game was hilarious. Is it intentional murder? Was it the fact that everything could be undone in the end even the end of one's life? BTW, they didn't say 'Aschente' at the beginning.

Nothing that happened in the game happened outside of it, it used magic. This made it so in the game they could kill the opponent but this would only leave them unable to continue hence they would lose the game, it didn't kill them or even harm them outside of the game
May 14, 2014 10:30 AM
Feb 2014
Notchrishansen said:
That...that was insane.

I was highly anticipating the lewdness of this episode and got my favorite episode so far. There's one thing that bugs me: The rules state you cannot murder, yes? How was he able negate oxygen and allow Steph to 'die'? How she popped back up end-game was hilarious. Is it intentional murder? BTW, they didn't say 'Aschente' at the beginning.

Shiro, Steph, and now the glorious Jibril? Jibril seems like the one who would be DTF. No wonder she has quite the fanbase and she was highly anticipated. Definitely my favorite out of the three girls so far. Her Engrish was hilarious and her outfit was delicious too. This is no harem anime by any means, but dammit Sora, if by any means he cannot get laid that's unfortunate. I for one would hate to be teased by glorious women to be stopped by the unwritten 'no 18-and-up' rule.

Grrrr...an 'arrow to the knee joke'. Can't they let it die?

5/5 I was worried this anime was going to lose it's charm, but now I'm upset that were at the halfway point. Split cour, pls.

Now we are on the turning point ^^

Yes the rule states no murder but there are several exceptions to that.

This one is the most obvious: As Jibril even stated before the game each and every thing that happens inside the game stays in the game and being unable to continue even was a possible winning condition, hence this rule didn't work in the game.

To make it short, because Steph didn't really die they could kill her and Jibril :D
May 14, 2014 10:30 AM
Mar 2014
Steph wasn't even a player. I believe she could be removed from the game with no repercussions, if they wanted to do that.
May 14, 2014 10:37 AM

Jan 2011
As they said in the episode Steph was also a distraction. Undoubtedly some of the shiratori words were uttered to create situations that would make Steph the butt of the joke (ie. being pursued by the evil monster). Although Jibril had lost as soon as they verified what they could do in the game, they still wanted to keep her from figuring out a possible strategy. Misdirection and her own over-confidence were both weapons that the siblings used against her.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 14, 2014 10:37 AM

Jun 2013
Hydrogen Bomb at the beginning and colomb force into a freaking super nova at the end.
And that arrow to the knee reference at the preview. GGWP Sora gg.
May 14, 2014 10:38 AM

Jan 2014
OMFG! BEST EPISODE EVER! I seriously can't see myself giving NGNL less than a 10 at this point.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

May 14, 2014 10:44 AM

Jun 2008
Alot of interesting science, tho overlooking everything else that's wrong with their world's physics... If he removed coulomb force, wouldn't it be considered a double suicide ending? Since before the hypernova and all that pretty explosion... wouldn't their body collapse into themselves first because of the lack of a counter-force?
So that'd mean a draw with a smarter gabriel right? XD
May 14, 2014 10:48 AM
Mar 2013
I laugh after 10 second. that was best way to censor .

Fanservice overload and end with arrow in the knee. XD
May 14, 2014 10:48 AM

Mar 2014
Best episode so far. Jibril was awesome.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 14, 2014 10:49 AM
Mar 2014
zephiris said:
Alot of interesting science, tho overlooking everything else that's wrong with their world's physics... If he removed coulomb force, wouldn't it be considered a double suicide ending? Since before the hypernova and all that pretty explosion... wouldn't their body collapse into themselves first because of the lack of a counter-force?

You can't kill a player directly*, so for example if Jibril would have said "water", all water around them would have disappeared, but not the water inside Sora's and Shiro's bodies.

*Edit: this was said around the 9 min. mark.
dirtyuncleMay 14, 2014 10:56 AM
Oct 2012
Ryushen said:

It always amazes me that someone creates an account just to complain about something that the animation already explained.

Sora and Shiro do not "have to be besides" one another, they have to be in sight of one another. Hence in episode 2 they were incapacitated when the door was closed, but were relieved when they could see one another. Both are NEETS, so when outdoors they feel more comfort being next to one another, but that is two of their social disorders interacting.

They each seem to have several social disorders: both for instance would be considered psychotic (they are not empathic to anyone but each other - when Sora started to show compassion to Steph last episode that was what annoyed Shiro) in the "real" world. Mono-obsessive as well.

Jibili swearing allegiance made perfect sense. Remember that this race was designed to slay gods, and her supporting Sora in his fight against the one god remaining is what she was created to do.

It was also clear that there was no "real death" in this game. Remember that Jibili demanded that Sora and Steph stop by periodically after they lost the game for tea (so she could also get more information), sort of hard to do when you are dead. So the death was an illusion, not a reality, which is why it did not violate the rule against violence.

Question for those really knowledgeable about Japanese things: who did Sora think that Jibili was imitating? I know its a reference, pretty sure its an animation reference, and if so it's on the tip of my brain. Anyone have a guess?

Fun episode, explained well, for those who want to quibble that Sora and Shiro would have "died" first, I think they are missing the point of the game. What they really had to prove to Jibili was that they knew more than her (hence the brainless academic) and when she recognized they in fact did, they won. Jibili could have ended the game at anytime, but her lust for knowledge was what kept her playing until the end, and even then she wanted to know if they did know more, and that really is the ultimate bit of knowledge.
Feb 2014
zephiris said:
So that'd mean a draw with a smarter gabriel right? XD

Indeed but if the core of earth would implode (as it did) it would cause a singularity and there even centimeters would count not speaking of the meters Jibril and the siblings are away from each other.

You could think of earth's core as a black hole there and in the moment you would get into its event horizon you would become spaghetti; as Jibril entered it first she was the first to die.

EDIT: As for themselves that was explained by uncle ^^
And btw that was also obvious as otherwise both would have died the moment they said oxygen ;-)
Caleb8980May 14, 2014 10:54 AM
May 14, 2014 10:50 AM

Aug 2007
Great ep. I wasn't expecting the match to end this ep but no complaints from me. I like the whole bit of the arrow to the knees in the preview. Nice reference. xD I can't wait to see where they go next thanks to them finally getting back the knowledge that they lost.

Sent with Mal Updater
May 14, 2014 11:02 AM

Jul 2010
Jibril drooling over knowledge!
That touching scene, Sora was a bit disappointed until he treated it like a game.
This episode had a lot of fanservice, Sora finding sexiness xD
Poor Steph, she died in the game. Glad that she was of great help.
Those theoies and just physics in general, I feel a bit dumbfounded. They were really cool though.
Jibril joined the imanity!
May 14, 2014 11:04 AM

Jan 2014
This episode was crazy and whacky, probably due to the fact that I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO PLAY SHITORI, NOR DO I UNDERSTAND JAPANESE LANGUAGE.....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2014 11:06 AM

Aug 2008
HOLY! This episode is so amazing beyond my vocabulary.
May 14, 2014 11:09 AM
Feb 2014
AwesomeDudex3 said:
This episode was crazy and whacky, probably due to the fact that I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO PLAY SHITORI, NOR DO I UNDERSTAND JAPANESE LANGUAGE.....

Shiritori or Word Connector/Chain is a really simply game for wasting time :D

One player says a word, then the next player has to find a word that begins with the last syllable of the word the former player said.

In Japenese I believe it is played a little bit different because you have signs instead of letters so most probably the last sign counts
Caleb8980May 14, 2014 11:13 AM
May 14, 2014 11:11 AM

Sep 2010
Wow that was really awesome... there were so many great things in it. I thought that it couldn't be a better episode. But then after the ending there was a random Skyrim reference , extra 5 minutes of laughter. " :)
May 14, 2014 11:12 AM
Oct 2012
Caleb8980 said:
AwesomeDudex3 said:

Shiritori or Word Conncector/Chain is a really simply game for wasting time :D

One player says a word, then the next player has to find a word that begins with the last syllable of the word the former player said.

The rules are you can't repeat a word and if you say a word ending in the only world ending consonant is Japanese (the 'n' sound) you lose (so if one were to say "Japan" they would lose).
May 14, 2014 11:15 AM
Feb 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
Caleb8980 said:
AwesomeDudex3 said:

Shiritori or Word Conncector/Chain is a really simply game for wasting time :D

The rules are you can't repeat a word and if you say a word ending in the only world ending consonant is Japanese (the 'n' sound) you lose (so if one were to say "Japan" they would lose).

Oh kk the n rule is something new for me ^^

Well we play the game a little bit different in general so I guess that is just normal ;-)
May 14, 2014 11:18 AM
Oct 2012
Caleb8980 said:
Oh kk the n rule is something new for me ^^

Well we play the game a little bit different in general so I guess that is just normal ;-)

The reason is that there are no japanese words that start with "n" (as oppose to na, ni, nu, ne, and no), so you end up losing by default.

BTW do you have any idea who Sora thought Jibili sounded like?
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1020 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 5:11 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

622 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 21, 5:21 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.