Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 7, 2014 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, the episode had more action than I had thought..

Looks like they captured a girl that looks like Chaika. Akari was a bit hyper this episode lol, although I'm not surprised. I'm still curious to see how this journey will go though with the trouble that faces them already. What's with Akari's naming though? Sticky? Seriously? LOL
Stark700May 7, 2014 11:20 AM
May 7, 2014 11:24 AM

Aug 2012
Can we keep this Chaika?
May 7, 2014 11:26 AM

Jul 2013
Things are definitely getting more interesting. From what we know so far the most logical theory is that it seems like an original Chaika got split up into multiple different Chaikas that represent an emotion/personality or whatever.

And the best form of torture is hunger indeed.
May 7, 2014 11:42 AM
Jan 2014
Very interesting episode,brings up a lot of questions.
We got to know that there are multiple Chaikas, which have a common goal.
I hope emperor Gaz didn't plan all of this so he can just be resurrected after the war.
Akari being overly defensive against Toru again.
I wonder where Frederika went off to after the ambush.
May 7, 2014 11:51 AM

Aug 2010
Okay, that was nice hehe ^^

The plot thickens? The other Chaika's also have similar traits?

I thought the fakes will be totally different but they're actually pretty much the same, looks wise, speech wise, loss of memories and having the decapitated neck scar :O Quite interesting actually hehe.

Loved Red Chaika quite a lot :3 She's cute and how she kept calling Toru a perv was lol...the way she was made to eat like that was lol XD

Akari isn't kidding around at all though O_O Any close contact with Toru will be interfered with. YANDERE MUCH?! XD

Loved the action scenes this ep. Toru dealing with the snake sword was awesome :D He really is a BA! Loving this dude ^^

I'm actually hoping we can keep both Chaika's now :P
May 7, 2014 11:53 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Akari interrupting that "close call" by putting a gecko between Toru and Chaika.. XD

Looks like there are some love interests among the Gillette squad.

Chaika's face when Toru said, "Don't be shocked. We're being followed." XD
Toru vs. 2nd Chaika was pretty good. Too bad, both Chaika gets captured..

Akari gives the best nicknames! - "Sticky", "Slippery", "Slimy", "Heavy".- XD
2nd Chaika actually turns out to be "Chaika Bohdan." O.o
Sibling's torture method was very effective. XD

Both Chaika has a memory gap but their motives are different..
Red Chaika --> Kill all. White Chaika --> Proper funeral.

Akari once again disrupts the "close call." XD
Best character of this series!

Nice episode with a little cliffhanger. So, are both Chaika sisters?! We'll see.

May 7, 2014 11:54 AM

May 2013
There's another Chaika. Akari trying to get in the way again lol.
May 7, 2014 11:55 AM

Jul 2012
Red Chaika is fucking hot!
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
May 7, 2014 11:57 AM

Jun 2013
Will be interesting to see how many Chaika's there actually are and if they are related somehow.
May 7, 2014 12:04 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Red Chaika asks Tooru if he has proof that white Chaika is real, but does she have proof that she's the "real" one? If there even is just one real on. Aside from the hair color and face resemblance, the two Chaikas are completely different. The plot has gotten rather intriguing. Also, lol at Akari and her "that was close."
May 7, 2014 12:07 PM

Apr 2014
WTF! Two Chaikas! But the other two says they know one more Chaika so they were 3 Chaika now, But maybe there's more of them!

And the Red Chaika was so hot! I wish she should be the MC not the White Chaika! Because she looks older,cuter and of course sexier!
Haters always gonna hate.
May 7, 2014 12:15 PM

Jan 2009
Fight was alright. Red chaika was hawt. Sister is crazy. Whole episode was predictable… meh

5/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 7, 2014 12:17 PM

Jan 2014
.... so the people watching this show want red chaika to be the main character because she looks "sexier/ more mature"

meh, I enjoyed the torture and I'm looking forward to more. The mystery behind this has got me hooked. Is one chaika real and the other fake? Or do they make up a whole being?
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

May 7, 2014 12:22 PM

Nov 2012
uran10 said:
Or do they make up a whole being?

That's certainly a possibility...
Kiru_HiiragiMay 7, 2014 12:25 PM
May 7, 2014 12:27 PM

Feb 2008
Probably the same theory what I was thinking as well. Red Chaika was acting such a hatred and white one had like zero hatred.

ihusmal1234 said:
Things are definitely getting more interesting. From what we know so far the most logical theory is that it seems like an original Chaika got split up into multiple different Chaikas that represent an emotion/personality or whatever.

And the best form of torture is hunger indeed.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 7, 2014 12:29 PM

Apr 2014
uran10 said:
.... so the people watching this show want red chaika to be the main character because she looks "sexier/ more mature"

meh, I enjoyed the torture and I'm looking forward to more. The mystery behind this has got me hooked. Is one chaika real and the other fake? Or do they make up a whole being?

Actually there could be more than 3 since they were created by Gaz to retrieve his remains.
Haters always gonna hate.
May 7, 2014 12:31 PM

Sep 2009
LOL. I laughed so much about new Chaika's surname. Bohdan is one of the most common buses in my country
May 7, 2014 12:36 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Tsundere Chaika was quite a change of pace. Still prefer our White Chaika though.

Akari has to be the best jealous "imouto" character I can remember.

Next episode could see a 3 way battle.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 7, 2014 12:45 PM

Dec 2010
Bohdan is adorable...I want both Chaikas to stay around for forever. Heck throw in a few more Chaikas please! The more, the merrier!

Plus Bohdan's sword was really awesome, do they make actual swords like that, because that would be fun to mess around with. I do hope we get a three sided fight in the next episode. They are building up something pretty big, that's for sure!
May 7, 2014 12:58 PM

Jul 2010
Another Chaika! Same goal and memory lost! Their looks and even that speech pattern.
This is getting interesting as there might be even more Chaikas.
Akari's "close calls" the second was was dangerous.
Just what happened at the time for the memory lost... good episode, Fredrica wa bloodthirsty.
May 7, 2014 1:10 PM

Nov 2011
mmm GOTTA COLLECT ALL THE CHAIKAS!
Seems cute, but man the personalities are definitely really different. I'm curious where the hell Fredrika went in all of this. By the looks of it after running off she never came back.

Can't wait for the next episode to see how these two girls interact with each other, it seems apparent red Chaika thinks she's a fake and hates her, but our Chaika seems confused.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 7, 2014 1:33 PM

Mar 2014
Ok, first of all, i love this Chaika,ok.
Also this ep was 11/10 and the show from 8 went 9 for me so far.
Unbelievably enjoyable pace, no boring moments, nice characters, awesome setup so far with a lot of potential. As an overall series so far, i have enjoyed Hitsugi no Chaika more than No game no life,nouf said.
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
May 7, 2014 1:37 PM

Aug 2010
cyclone1993 said:
Bohdan is adorable...I want both Chaikas to stay around for forever. Heck throw in a few more Chaikas please! The more, the merrier!

Yes please! I wanna dive into a sea of chaikas \o/
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
May 7, 2014 1:39 PM

Feb 2014
There is two Chaika no wait there's more! Whoa, this episode was great and funny haha. I'm really liking it so far.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

May 7, 2014 1:43 PM

Mar 2012
You have to admit this show has a lot of potential and this show made it much more interesting. Now the plot thickens and the mystery deepins lol

I think what attracts me the most, the main characters have quiet a unique personality, granted they have certain cliches but compared to other characters of recent memory they have a bit of originality in them.

I think i have a new theory about chaika mayby all of them are chaika but were created by splliting the emotions and each is an embodiment of each emotion, i love it when a story gets you to think.

the only thing that bothers me is what happened to Frederica ?
May 7, 2014 1:46 PM

Nov 2013
Short hair looks better on Chaika. And that outfit is kinda hot. I wonder why are there multiple Chaikas, is one of them even real?
Akari chill. I wonder if they'll address her brother complex in the show.
May 7, 2014 1:52 PM

Oct 2013
I think the Chaikas are all one and they might meet more in coming episodes . Akari is the best character in the whole show <3 .
May 7, 2014 1:55 PM
Jan 2013
Chaika....another one......looks like there are more of them.........what will happen next?
May 7, 2014 2:02 PM

Dec 2011
This anime has just become more interesting, with Red Chaika's introduction! Now the mystery behind the evil wizard is deeper, since the one we know is Gaz, now we have Bohdan.

Judging from what the Red Chaika's comrade said, there is at least three more (including the Red Chaika).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2014 2:07 PM

May 2013
lol at frederica transforming into her dragon form and tooru is quite capable as an mc, really enjoying the series so far
"Why the hell is it so easy to make people mad, and so difficult to make them smile?" -Kurosawa Dono
May 7, 2014 2:11 PM

Apr 2013
Thank goodness that Akari is always there to save Toru from those delicate situation. Best yandere imouto out there!

And tsundere Chaika is also a nice catch, hope they somehow stick together or atleast meet once in a while!
May 7, 2014 2:13 PM
Oct 2012
You have to love how you can physically torture a Japanese and nothing happens, but take away their food...

Nice little twist, foreshadowed a couple of episodes ago (we know that several Chiaka's have been found and killed), but more impact from seeing it. The differing motivations are suggestive, someone above mentioned that perhaps they have different emotions, most likely is true, and the emotions are based on colors. White is the Japanese color for funerals, red is the natural color for aggression. Possibility here: similar to how her father is in pieces (assuming it is the father), Chika's mind is also in pieces (in that she was obviously beheaded this would not be much of a stretch), and she needs to put her head back together.

This would make sense about the missing information. Red Chiaka seemed to have more knowledge of the period that White Chaika is missing (such as people abandoned the father, White Chaika had no war memories) where as Red Chaika can't remember where she learned to fight (which should have happened before the war, which White Chaika does to some extent remember)), so each Chaika will have parts of the missing memories.

Wondering how the merger will occur.
May 7, 2014 2:20 PM

Oct 2013
It reminds of Power Ranger. Chaika Rangers!!!! Attack of the Clones
And here more of this, until now we have seen 2 chaikas, guess who's the next? but that would be a spoiler, (Hint: not everyone have name Chaika) LOL
That torture on Red Chaika is the most inhumane ever!!!
May 7, 2014 2:31 PM

Nov 2011
dam im now curious as to whats going to happen
Hate Keeps me warm
May 7, 2014 2:46 PM

Jan 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
You have to love how you can physically torture a Japanese and nothing happens, but take away their food...

Nice little twist, foreshadowed a couple of episodes ago (we know that several Chiaka's have been found and killed), but more impact from seeing it. The differing motivations are suggestive, someone above mentioned that perhaps they have different emotions, most likely is true, and the emotions are based on colors. White is the Japanese color for funerals, red is the natural color for aggression. Possibility here: similar to how her father is in pieces (assuming it is the father), Chika's mind is also in pieces (in that she was obviously beheaded this would not be much of a stretch), and she needs to put her head back together.

This would make sense about the missing information. Red Chiaka seemed to have more knowledge of the period that White Chaika is missing (such as people abandoned the father, White Chaika had no war memories) where as Red Chaika can't remember where she learned to fight (which should have happened before the war, which White Chaika does to some extent remember)), so each Chaika will have parts of the missing memories.

Wondering how the merger will occur.

Thanks for the reminder, makes everything more clear! Stupid that I couldn't see this yet....
May 7, 2014 3:02 PM

Nov 2012
Red Chaika is curvier than White Chaika.

Hmm,different motives depending on the Chaika...
May 7, 2014 3:09 PM

Apr 2012
Interesting plot twist o_o
sticky ftw

May 7, 2014 3:16 PM

Apr 2014
great episode! With 2 Chaikas it is getting even more interesting. Action was well done and Im loving the comedy. Frederika crushing that guy in alleway was awesome I really hope she returns at some point. also dat sword! It is way cooler than sniper rifle
May 7, 2014 3:19 PM

Nov 2013
Lol another Chaika. She's too violent compared to the first one, surprised Akari didn't suggest they add her to their loli collection XD

4/5
May 7, 2014 3:25 PM

May 2011
White Chaika > Red Chaika
May 7, 2014 4:18 PM

Oct 2013
NOOOO so basically there just a bunch of homunculi created from the dead emperor T-T to piece him back together? well at least that's what I've just gathered hope I'm wrong
[/quote]
May 7, 2014 4:32 PM

Dec 2013
If I remember correctly, in one of the first couple episodes, Gillette said something about there being like 6 or 8 Chaika's. Some of which have been killed already, I think. So, it was only a matter of time until we started seeing them. Should be interesting.

The Red Chaika, Sticky Bohdan, is a bit abrasive and out of touch with people outside her little group. But, considering she seems to be a cute little bottle of rage; I guess you can't expect her to be much of a people person. As many similarities as she has to the White Chaika, they are polar opposites. Would be interesting if Sticky stuck around.

I still see Gillette's group joining up with Toru at some point. It's being too obvious.

Not sure why everyone keeps saying Akari is the best character, she's annoying and sort of dumb, only time she's worth the time to animate is when she's fighting. But we all have our own opinions, and that's just mine.

Gonna give this one a 8/10
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
May 7, 2014 4:39 PM
Mar 2014
good episode and omg does chaika have a sister/twin
May 7, 2014 5:06 PM
Feb 2013
I rather suspect that if there ever was an original Chaika, she's dead now. My suspicion is that each of the Chaikas we have running around are not clones... exactly. Not completely anyway. I think their bodies once belonged to some ordinary girl somewhere... who was kidnapped, had her head cut off, and a cloned Chaika-head attached in its place. Of course, each Chaika doesn't know anything about this.

Disturbing as that possibility seems, given the way this series handles body parts, it does not seem at all unlikely.
May 7, 2014 5:11 PM

Jan 2011
oh, another Chaika (and a third somewhere<9, interesting. what happened in the past? and funny, that her team also have exactly one guy and one girl. ^^ well, i like the white Chaika more. and i prefer those cute type of underwear she has. =p
May 7, 2014 5:28 PM

Sep 2012
I really like the magic battles and how every wizard somehow has a rifle (with the exception of the first hero).

Can't wait for Ero-Chaika to appear.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
May 7, 2014 5:45 PM

Jan 2014
WHAT THE WHAT!!!!!!
2 chaikas? That means twice the lolis. Twice the lolis means twice the cuteness. Twice the cuteness means twice the heart attacks. Twice the heart attacks mean *BRAIN EXPLODES*
Anyway, this show keeps on getting more interesting
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2014 5:46 PM

Dec 2013
It's time for Toru to create a harem of different Chaikas!
Seriously I think the red one is so much hotter than our resident white Chaika, and that sword.... ::sighs dreamily::

I am all for the magician split into many personalities, but the problem is Red Chaika doesn't seem to be able to use magic. I'm more for a "Clone army" of Chaikas. That way at least we'll get to keep them all XD

I think they have a plan to keep Fredrica out of sight unless they are in a real tight spot. No one would be stupid enough to show their cards from the get-go.

Akari was pretty intense there trying to prevent Toru from encountering those "close calls" Just how obsessed is she with her brother anyway?

All said, a good episode with some decent paced development. Bring on the next episode!
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 7, 2014 5:57 PM

Aug 2009
It migh still be early and I have not seen the manga... but some of these names have a slavic vibe.
Chaika means "seagull", Bohdan is "god given" an old name, then there is a Nikolai which is a slavic form of the name Nicolas...
May 7, 2014 6:08 PM

Apr 2010
Gather the 7 Chaikas to summon the magic emperor.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2014

304 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

137 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2014

121 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2014

154 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2014

99 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.