Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 4, 2014 2:10 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good episode. And welp we find out even more about their playing styles. I just hope they can keep it up because they need it for their future matches.

Tanaka...ahh, you funny kid. Taking his shirt off for a small celebration caught me off guard.

Stark700May 4, 2014 2:56 AM
May 4, 2014 3:04 AM

Aug 2013
The animation is always awesome, I'm surprised. Probably has a higher budget than KnB.
May 4, 2014 3:19 AM

Nov 2007
That megane guy became serious in second half. Nevertheless, they are officially in the team now. So that megane teacher is voiced by HiroC, he brought the news about practice match. They are going against that "king" guy's ex-team.

Valleyball lesson. lol @ the pressure and nervousness all over again. Wow @ the end and lol @ the three guys' faces.
tsubasaloverMay 4, 2014 3:23 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 4, 2014 3:26 AM

Jul 2011
Lesserkey said:
The animation is always awesome, I'm surprised. Probably has a higher budget than KnB.

Production I.G. You can tell by the movement. :3

Hearing Kamiya Hiroshi caught me off guard for a second there. The advisor looks young! Seems like he's the connection to the audience and will be letting us know about volleyball stuff.

Poor Tanaka. He got puked over. XD
I wonder how Hinata will get over his nerves. Provocation?
May 4, 2014 3:42 AM

Apr 2014
Loved it!!!
Kamiyan~. :]
The team is slower coming together, and the animation and ost are as great as ever~
May 4, 2014 3:54 AM

Jan 2011
Another great episode! I'm loving the animation and OST of this anime. Really high quality anime here~ Hinata and Kageyama are now official members of the Karasuno Volleyball team. :D I didn't expect Kamiya Hiroshi to voice the club advisor either, haha! I really like the characters of the Karasuno team. Tanaka's hilarious and Sugawara is a really cool guy. It's also really funny how Hinata is soooo nervous. He ended up wearing Tanaka's pants and Tanaka made a girl freak out. xD Hinata didn't get enough sleep and even puked on Tanaka. So funny, oh my goodness. xP Can't wait to see the practice match next episode! :)
5/5
May 4, 2014 4:22 AM

Jul 2013
Tanaka is as hilarious as always. Those facial expressions and the moment when he took off his shirt lols XD

LOL'ed when Hinata gets all nervous. Wears the jacket as his pants, then ends up wearing Tanaka's pants lolol.

Goes on to puke on Tanaka as well hahaha.

Wonder how they'll fare in the practice match.
May 4, 2014 4:56 AM

Dec 2011
I seriously didn't expect Kamiyan will have a character here. Hahaha.

It is kinda getting kind of annoying that Hinata always acts like he is an underdog. Can't wait for him to straighten up more properly.

Looking forward to the match.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 4, 2014 5:29 AM

Aug 2008
Hinata's lil sister!!! :D

Pooor Hinata and poor Tanaka! XD
May 4, 2014 5:57 AM

Mar 2013
Mirorin said:
Lesserkey said:

Production I.G. You can tell by the movement. :3

Hearing Kamiya Hiroshi caught me off guard for a second there. The advisor looks young! Seems like he's the connection to the audience and will be letting us know about volleyball stuff.

Poor Tanaka. He got puked over. XD
I wonder how Hinata will get over his nerves. Provocation?

Haha love how the adaptation is going, with all the little extra scenes they are adding in that wasn't in the manga. Definitely this has some crisp and great animation, even for a normal production IG sports anime. KnB had some bad animation for some parts, hopefully it hold out for the whole series :D.
May 4, 2014 5:59 AM

Apr 2012
Awesome episode. Glad to see the two of them at least somewhat in sync now. Really going to be looking forward to their practice match.
May 4, 2014 6:42 AM

Jul 2010
Tanaka getting vomited on xD He also had to walk with no pants!
The team is finally made! Hinata going middle blocker... wouldn't he be tired from all those high jumping?
Hinata unable to sleep and just basically exploded from the thoughts were great.
The practise match will be awesome!
May 4, 2014 7:23 AM

Nov 2012
this episode was too funny! especially hinata nervosity. and that only because he might be replaced.
May 4, 2014 7:34 AM

Aug 2010
Good ep :D

Loved how Kageyama and Hinata started getting used to the quick and won both games ^^ Hinata is a really great decoy indeed hehe.

Tanaka acting all high and mighty against Tsukishima was lol and Hinata talking from behind him too hahaha Tanaka being called baldy was lol

The reactions to wearing the Karasuno uniform was funny hehe.
And really seems like the thing about Hinata and Kageyama with the principle's wig has become known throughout the whole school hehe

It's great to see Tobio being polite to his senpai :D He does remind me of Kagami with the way he forces himself to talk politely hahaha

The reactions to Hinata eating the buns before them were so hilarious XD DEM FACES HAHAHAHA lol

Hinata's nervousness was lol, wearing the jacket from his legs and wearing Tanaka's pants XD Poor Tanaka being called a perv for going out in his boxer XD
And again getting vomited on XD

Their reactions to how bad his case was were lololol XD

Can't wait for the match against Aoba :D
May 4, 2014 7:39 AM

Feb 2013
I'm slowly falling in love with this anime. It's so funny and well made.
moreover it feels kind of refreshing after some of the latest sport anime aired. not sure why I have this impression

No Blood! No Bone! No Ash!
May 4, 2014 7:57 AM
Aug 2011
If you're going to vomit then sparkling vomit is the best way to do it.

tiphs said:
moreover it feels kind of refreshing after some of the latest sport anime aired. not sure why I have this impression

I said this very recently but I think it's because these characters actually feel like high schoolers playing sports.
May 4, 2014 8:10 AM

Oct 2013
@ 21:46 Loli spotted!!

This anime should've been a story about her supporting her brother who loves volley

;(
"Burn the heretics"
May 4, 2014 8:16 AM
Mar 2014
this episode was really cute.....also i want the volleyball team in my bed now
May 4, 2014 8:28 AM

Jun 2012
Looking pretty sharp with those sports jackets.
May 4, 2014 8:37 AM

Nov 2013
funniest thing was when the girl called tanaka a pervert xD
May 4, 2014 9:57 AM

Jul 2013
Damn this is probably my top favorite anime this season, I loved every aspect of it in here.

The match is coming up, looking spiffy on those uniforms :D.

Hinata's anxiety is getting into him, but I'm sure he will pull it off in the next episode. Though it was pretty funny when his clothes were switched by someone else XD.

Can't wait for the match to start up next week :D.

May 4, 2014 10:00 AM

Aug 2013
baby being nervous, pretty much the cutest thing on earth wwww

can't wait to see how well NamiDai voices Oikawa (well, then again, it's NamiDai!) (but I didn't see him in the preview :( probably next two episodes...*sighs*)
May 4, 2014 10:05 AM

May 2013
Hinata is so nervous. That ending scene made me laugh so hard lol.
May 4, 2014 10:48 AM

Aug 2009
tiphs said:

Feel the same.
Great episode! Funny as hell. Hinata's lil sister was too damn cute! >.<
Can't wait for the practice match!

May 4, 2014 11:14 AM

Oct 2012
omg hinata, there is too much to say about him, too cute, the whole team is adorable~
ultimate decoy~

lol itll take awhile for me to get used to the faculty advisor's voice, i never expected it to be kamiya hiroshi, but somehow it kinda works, that novice kind of feel fits well

grand king soon? :D
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
May 4, 2014 11:15 AM

Sep 2008
I love this humor! <3
Can't stop laugh at some moments xD

HiroC as Teacher! xD
I thought he is a student!
With that voice, this size! xD
So funny!

I love this series! <3
May 4, 2014 11:55 AM

Nov 2007
Very nice episode! *thumbs up*
My roommate who is not into anime was passing by and stopped to check what i watch, and then ended up watching the whole episode with me and enjoyed it greatly...she even said she really liked it. I doubt she is gonna watch the rest, but still good enough appreciation when it comes to her:')

edit: she informed she plans to watch the next episode with me again, because fruit (Kageyama) and tortoise (Tsukishima) left deep impression on her. Don't ask me why they remind her of fruit and tortoise...
Black_windMay 4, 2014 2:30 PM
May 4, 2014 12:21 PM

Apr 2014
They were all so cute~

Favorite part was when they put on their jerseys :-)))) I love all the characters so much ahhh
May 4, 2014 12:23 PM

Jul 2010
Haha, hilarious episode XD

Hinata/Kageyama won.

Takeda's seiyuu is Kamiyaaaan~

Hinata with the manju was too cute XD
lol @ the reaction of the others.

Great that the explanations of the positions were included.

Hinata was so nervous. He used the jacket as pants. His blushing~
And then he even wore Tanaka's pants instead XD

Some scenes were added. lol @ Hinata's sister XD

Best part was when Hinata threw up. Poor Tanaka LOL

Practice match against Aobajousai starts next ep. Can't wait.
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
May 4, 2014 12:30 PM
Jan 2013
It's their first real game and yet one of them is having the jitters.
May 4, 2014 12:39 PM

Sep 2011
am i the only one who thinks the pacing is too slow?? after-matches are dragged out so much.. apart from the acceptance battle of hinata and kageyama, almost not a single shit has happened through the entire episode.. it's just that hinata's nervous like a crybaby all the time...

besides, 5 episodes has been aired so far and we still dont know anything about the antagonists of the anime.. no face no voice nothing..

i think i'm a bit disappointed..
2/5 ..
ember-moonMay 5, 2014 2:06 PM
May 4, 2014 12:53 PM
Jul 2018
Hinata got nervous all over the upcoming match.

He barfed at the end was a lol.
May 4, 2014 12:55 PM
Aug 2011
bulk_density said:
am i the only one who thinks the pacing is too slow?? after-matches are dragged out so much.. apart from the acceptance battle of hinata and kageyama, almost not a single shit has happened through the entire episode.. it's just that hinata's complaining like a crybaby all the time...

complaining =/= nervous
May 4, 2014 1:01 PM
May 2014
LOL this episode probably inspired even more yaoi with the way Hinata was bent over. Can't wait for that XD

I also feel the pacing is sorta slow but I know that people are really gonna treasure this anime in the end. Team Karasuno's rebirth was amazing in the manga, and it'll be epic in the anime.
May 4, 2014 1:04 PM

Jun 2013
bulk_density said:
almost not a single shit has happened through the entire episode..

Wat
May 4, 2014 1:26 PM

Apr 2014
bulk_density said:
it's just that hinata's complaining like a crybaby all the time...

Lol..? I see you prefer the emotionless ones
May 4, 2014 1:41 PM

Jul 2010
Previous episodes didn't have as much comedy as this one did, so i wasn't able to say much about humor of this series, but damn this is so hilarious XD i like how they are speaking about Tsukky like he's some kind of natural idiot and he's not even responding to it, lmao.Also, ''TANAKA HENTAI! BAKA!'' - gold.

It doesn't look good for Hinata...and in preview Daichi said he's starting to feel bad as well XD.
Thank You Production I.G - again.
incompleteAEGISMay 4, 2014 1:45 PM
May 4, 2014 1:42 PM

Oct 2013
maikael said:
LOL this episode probably inspired even more yaoi with the way Hinata was bent over. Can't wait for that XD

I also feel the pacing is sorta slow but I know that people are really gonna treasure this anime in the end. Team Karasuno's rebirth was amazing in the manga, and it'll be epic in the anime.

If you read the manga you know that each episode adapted 2 chapters of the manga, except the last episode(4) that adapted 3 chapters. Next episode will adapt 3 chapters as well! So No, the pacing in terms of adaption is just fine, just like Kuroko no Basket, is the normal of Production I.G., go watch One Piece and watch an episode adapting 0,5 to 1 chapter of the manga and you understand what slow pacing means. Now, if you're talking of the story, I can see what you're talking, but I still disagree. Kuroko no Basket with his fast pacing in the 5th episode was just ending the training game against Kaijou(Kise team) and note that in Kuroko the first episode was the freshmen against the veterans, and by the third episode they were already playing against Kaijou. Slam Dunk that is considered one of the best sport anime and manga ever, started the freshmen vs veterans game in the 7th episode and the training game in the 13th episode. While Slam Dunk wasn't made by Production I.G. but Toei, it was made with a 2 chapter per episode rate, just like how I.G. does now.

In the end people have to understand that Sport anime doesn't mean action is the only thing that matters.
May 4, 2014 2:08 PM

Mar 2014
I demand that they show more of Hinata's little sister, because that was the cutest thing I've ever seen

Poor Hinata being so nervous, I hope he'll do well
May 4, 2014 2:18 PM

Nov 2013
Lesserkey said:

I'm not sure about that, Kuroko required a tonne of flashy animation, the standard animation was actually pretty high quality itself.

This is super clean and the quality is solid, but it feels like they can't do as much with it like they can with Kuroko. Already I get the feeling that they're reusing shots.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
May 4, 2014 2:34 PM

Apr 2014
bigivelfhq said:
If you read the manga you know that each episode adapted 2 chapters of the manga, except the last episode(4) that adapted 3 chapters. Next episode will adapt 3 chapters as well! So No, the pacing in terms of adaption is just fine, just like Kuroko no Basket, is the normal of Production I.G., go watch One Piece and watch an episode adapting 0,5 to 1 chapter of the manga and you understand what slow pacing means. Now, if you're talking of the story, I can see what you're talking, but I still disagree. Kuroko no Basket with his fast pacing in the 5th episode was just ending the training game against Kaijou(Kise team) and note that in Kuroko the first episode was the freshmen against the veterans, and by the third episode they were already playing against Kaijou. Slam Dunk that is considered one of the best sport anime and manga ever, started the freshmen vs veterans game in the 7th episode and the training game in the 13th episode. While Slam Dunk wasn't made by Production I.G. but Toei, it was made with a 2 chapter per episode rate, just like how I.G. does now.

In the end people have to understand that Sport anime doesn't mean action is the only thing that matters

wow, my thoughts exactly >.<
DreamingLilyMay 4, 2014 2:37 PM
May 4, 2014 3:05 PM

Oct 2013
Dat barf
May 4, 2014 3:08 PM

Dec 2011
Great! Kageyama and Hinata won their game and now they're part of the team, and Tsukishima along with his friend also join the team,

They're rocking the team jerseys like total bosses.

Sensei?! C'mon... he looks like he's the same age as his students... well... not like I can talk since I looks 5-8 years younger lol.

Hinata's really feeling the pressure and he did all kinds of embarrassing stuff, like puking on Tanaka XD.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
May 4, 2014 3:09 PM

Mar 2013
Haikyuu can mix serious and funny moments surprisingly well. Tanaka's pants can testify to that.

Officially my favorite sports anime!
May 4, 2014 3:16 PM

Aug 2011
All the goof never ceases to amuse me<3
Looking forward to the game :D
May 4, 2014 3:39 PM

May 2012
Nice to hear Kamiya Hiroshi as the teacher!! But basing on the OP, I really thought at first that the teacher was the Little Giant. And another character spotted in the OP which is the store owner. I like the color of his hair. Waiting for the other characters to be introduced.

And lastly, more Hinata's little sister appearance PLEASE!!! She is so cute!!
May 4, 2014 4:44 PM

Aug 2013
laughed a lot with this episode
Hinata losing confidence and making shit was hilarious
I want to see how it will come out during the game
_______

ri muito com esse episódio
Hinata perdendo a confiança e fazendo besteiras foi hilário
quero ver como ele vai se sair durante o jogo
May 4, 2014 4:55 PM

Apr 2013
All of the reactions to Hinata throwing up on the bus were hilarious. Poor Tanaka.
Looking forward to seeing how the practice match turns out. Hope it'll be intense.
May 4, 2014 5:05 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, impressive animation as always.
Fairly standard set up but well done
May 4, 2014 6:00 PM

Sep 2013
Great animation, writing, and plot. I especially am crazy over the OST. I can't wait until the matches begin. Hinata x Kageyama 4eva. Bromance ftw.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

302 by Leggoo »»
Yesterday, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2014

154 by AnimeBeckYor »»
Apr 20, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2014

325 by Carpal_Tunnel69 »»
Apr 9, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

169 by ElGuaguaso »»
Mar 29, 12:50 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2014

171 by Arizona89 »»
Mar 27, 6:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.