Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 3, 2014 10:19 PM

Oct 2012
skudoops said:
Infact it's only Jotaro, and that's pretty much unheard of in anime.

And Kakyoin Noriyaki.
May 3, 2014 10:31 PM
Oct 2010
fluffybunnyboy said:
skudoops said:

And Kakyoin Noriyaki.

Ha, I thought he was a foreigner to.
May 4, 2014 12:21 AM

Oct 2013
Polnareff's Stand looks so OP in the beginning of the episode. He was so BA when he displayed his Stand's power. The follow up standoff was so good.

The fight itself was awesome. That OST in between the fight so dramatic and phenomenal. O-o Both of them fought on equal footings but Avdol turned out to be victorious due to his experience in fighting.

Polnareff is indeed a chivalrous man. dem feels when he accepted to die by burning like a proud warrior but glad that Avdol and Jojo saved Polnareff.

I lol'd when Joseph was disgusted by the tentacles from Dio's bud.

Fuck that bastard with two right hands. That bastard raped Polnareff's sister and then killed her. What a disgrace. I hope Polnareff will take revenge.

I wonder if Polnareff's amazing pose is possible to intimidate by humans when he declared that he wants to seek retribution lol.

That was a sudden change from Polnareff's part. But dem lovely thighs though. I'm liking Polnareff's characters. ^^
May 4, 2014 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
Mr7Beans said:
Akanezora said:
Mr7Beans said:
Aaand another person joins them, will there be more?

y u do dis ;_;

Okay, here's the real answer if you're SURE you want to know:

May 4, 2014 9:49 AM

Mar 2014
skudoops said:
fluffybunnyboy said:
skudoops said:

And Kakyoin Noriyaki.

Ha, I thought he was a foreigner to.

Haha, that's funny cause my girlfriend and I have been watching Part 3 together and when Kakyoin showed up she was like "Is he Finnish? He looks Finnish."

As for the episode I thought it was fantastic. Best animated fight so far and makes me really excited to see how they handle some of the crazier fights later on.

What makes me really excited about this episode is now we're done with all the intro stuff pretty much. All of the "main" crusaders have joined, we've gotten through all the content in the PVs and it's all fresh new material here on out. Can't wait!
May 4, 2014 11:31 AM

Jun 2012
Honestly, i didn't like the fight that much. Was an ok episode.
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
May 4, 2014 12:13 PM

Aug 2013
love good ol Joseph especially when he was freaking out at the tentacle part pretty good ep overall
Yo
May 4, 2014 2:39 PM

Oct 2012
jimbob1141 said:

We've still got a few episodes to go before the fights start getting better, unfortunately.
May 4, 2014 9:00 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, at this point I still miss the direct combat.
May 4, 2014 9:04 PM

Nov 2011
RediceRyan said:
Great episode, at this point I still miss the direct combat.

Just give it time. The stand battles get much, much better after a few more episodes!
May 4, 2014 9:08 PM

Jun 2012
Polnareff is pretty great in this episode, the stand battle was pretty fun.
Very good episode.
May 5, 2014 2:43 PM

Sep 2013
Ost is fucking great. Polnareff is a true man.
May 6, 2014 12:17 PM

Jun 2013
Joseph should be nicknamed Captain Obvious.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
May 6, 2014 12:51 PM

Feb 2013
Dimitrije1606 said:
Joseph should be nicknamed Captain Obvious.

"S-seven! He has seven stands!"
The dude needs to get a job on Sesame Street
May 6, 2014 12:57 PM

Jun 2009
Don't hate on Joseph, Speedwagon's influence looms large.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 6, 2014 12:59 PM

Dec 2012
jimbob1141 said:

Yeah same. And I miss Holly.
May 6, 2014 7:20 PM

Dec 2008
Polnareff!!!

Sent with Mal Updater
May 6, 2014 11:18 PM

Mar 2014
insan3Spectre said:
Don't hate on Joseph, Speedwagon's influence looms large.

Considering Speedowagonnnn was his father figure. Hahaha.

Speaking of teh OST, Kakyoin's theme is really good, a lot better than the one from ASB. Polnareff's matches the whole "Knight/Honor" theme he has with Silver Chariot and his motive.
May 7, 2014 1:30 AM

May 2009
i personally like previous season's OST more, it was more lively.

But then again, this OST fits the time of Part3 as well.
May 7, 2014 4:16 AM
Dec 2013
UnderminE said:

And how does Battle Tendency's ost, filled with dubstep and rapping, fit the 1930's?
May 7, 2014 9:02 AM

Feb 2013
sjack said:
UnderminE said:

And how does Battle Tendency's ost, filled with dubstep and rapping, fit the 1930's?

it fits the whacky tone I guess? I dunno

Just liked it.
May 7, 2014 9:59 AM

Jul 2010
sjack said:
UnderminE said:

I usually hate with all my heart dubstep and rapping, but in BT's case, I thought it was very fitting.

As for the OST of Part 3, they look very good thus far, and they will probably make huge varations of styles since there are many places that our hereos have to visit.
May 7, 2014 12:27 PM

Jul 2011
Akanezora said:
I usually hate with all my heart dubstep and rapping, but in BT's case, I thought it was very fitting

I feel the very same in regard to rapping (didn't even know what dubstep actually was prior to BT honestly), and I also couldn't agree more. Indeed, thematically it makes no sense, but somehow it just worked with the scenes perfectly. I also listened to the OST for months.
May 7, 2014 8:49 PM

Nov 2012
God I love scenes like this in the anime and manga
http://i.imgur.com/sVPv5AB.jpg
May 7, 2014 11:38 PM

May 2012
01:07 go fight outside the restaurant, no reactions from customers and staff? lol

03:37 dat crappy OP

05:26 horahorahora

09:08 shirabaa chariotsu

14:06 burn BNMR burn

21:52 dat ashifechi

6/10 for this episode.
Change the director, for the author's sake.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 8, 2014 5:06 AM
Dec 2013
Akanezora said:
sjack said:
UnderminE said:

I usually hate with all my heart dubstep and rapping, but in BT's case, I thought it was very fitting.

As for the OST of Part 3, they look very good thus far, and they will probably make huge varations of styles since there are many places that our hereos have to visit.

Oh no, don't get me wrong-I love BT's OST. I just don't think that the period that the story is set in is a big decision factor on the music direction of the show.
May 8, 2014 8:36 AM

Jun 2013
So this new Jojo will only contain stardust crusaders or it will go in the other parts aswell?
May 8, 2014 8:53 AM

Jun 2012
ThEoNePugNA said:
So this new Jojo will only contain stardust crusaders or it will go in the other parts aswell?

Yeah, this series is for Stardust Crusaders only. If the anime has good sales, it's sure that we're going to get the adaptations of the other parts. We just need patience.
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
May 8, 2014 8:54 AM

Jun 2009
ThEoNePugNA said:

Stardust is a much longer series than the first two parts. There is no way this will include any of the other parts. I highly doubt 24 episodes is even going to be enough.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 8, 2014 9:06 AM

Sep 2013
ThEoNePugNA said:

Only Stardust Crusaders, which is part 3, which is easily longer than parts 1 and 2 combined. So yes, only SC.

insan3Spectre said:
Stardust is a much longer series than the first two parts. There is no way this will include any of the other parts. I highly doubt 24 episodes is even going to be enough.

The only solution would be to cut fights if you wanted it to fit 24 episodes, and we already had the OVA's do that, so no thanks.
May 8, 2014 9:19 AM

Jun 2009
ArtemisFlow said:

insan3Spectre said:

The only solution would be to cut fights if you wanted it to fit 24 episodes, and we already had the OVA's do that, so no thanks.

Call me optimistic, but I don't think that is going to happen. I think the fact that they dedicated a whole episode to Tower of Gray is good indication that they are going to fully adapt the fights. Maybe they'll split Stardust into halves? I wouldn't be opposed to that, tbh.

- Geralt of Rivia
May 8, 2014 10:19 AM

Jul 2010
Shirubaasouru said:
01:07 go fight outside the restaurant, no reactions from customers and staff? lol

03:37 dat crappy OP

05:26 horahorahora

09:08 shirabaa chariotsu

14:06 burn BNMR burn

21:52 dat ashifechi

6/10 for this episode.
Change the director, for the author's sake.

That's a nice review. Thanks for sharing your critiques with us.
May 8, 2014 10:36 AM

Jun 2009
It's like Shirubaasouru doesn't even try, lol.

- Geralt of Rivia
May 8, 2014 12:15 PM
Mar 2011
It was so good I don't know how to describe it. This fight, these voices, these poses... How can it be better? It's the best anime of 2014. I don't know how to describe it... it's so powerful!!! I knew Avdol could make awesome things... I like it so much I can't even skip the opening... Just to see Star Platinum fight, even a second, and it makes my day!
May 16, 2014 2:39 PM

Jan 2011
Pretty good episode, but I'm still expecting way more. ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jun 9, 2014 10:39 AM

Jan 2014
Polnareff is quite entertaining, and his nobility was moving, though hilarious! "It would be disrespectful to kill myself."
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 26, 2014 5:52 AM

Mar 2014
They really like changing the coloring in fights... but it looks cool, so I ain't complaining.
"I have blue eyes, blonde hair... uhhhh... gatling cannon..." My smile's fanbase... maybe...
[remember to put image here so sig look cool]_______
Aug 17, 2014 6:46 PM

Nov 2007
Oh Polnareff....in a group of already ridiculous hairstyles and poses, he still manages to top it off as the most over the top. And he has to ruin his chivalrous image by being all skeevy. Yare yare daze indeed.

I realize now that Araki was probably told to beef it up for this series to appeal to boys. While Joseph and Caesar were huge walking mass of muscles too, they were more appealing "bishonen" types (in the anime) than our current group. Although Jotaro and Noriaki get more attention from girls than they ever did, our group is simply less appealing to women (Polaneff's hairdo lol) but more appealing for young boys. That, with the constant fawning from girls and pervy moments, yup, clearly the editors wanted the manga to appeal more to boys.Or maybe Araki felt the need himself. Either way.

As someone who isn't a young boy from the 80s/90s, I do prefer the classier Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency, but I can now see where all of this is coming from. It's certainly resembling closer to the shonen of that era I am more familiar with, like Dragon Ball.

Anyway, enjoying the show so far. I've gotten used to Jotaro & co. and the Stands. Even if they are supposed to be macho, they are still dorks. Heh.
Aug 18, 2014 11:43 AM
Dec 2013
CookieBun said:
Oh Polnareff....in a group of already ridiculous hairstyles and poses, he still manages to top it off as the most over the top. And he has to ruin his chivalrous image by being all skeevy. Yare yare daze indeed.

I realize now that Araki was probably told to beef it up for this series to appeal to boys. While Joseph and Caesar were huge walking mass of muscles too, they were more appealing "bishonen" types (in the anime) than our current group. Although Jotaro and Noriaki get more attention from girls than they ever did, our group is simply less appealing to women (Polaneff's hairdo lol) but more appealing for young boys. That, with the constant fawning from girls and pervy moments, yup, clearly the editors wanted the manga to appeal more to boys.Or maybe Araki felt the need himself. Either way.

As someone who isn't a young boy from the 80s/90s, I do prefer the classier Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency, but I can now see where all of this is coming from. It's certainly resembling closer to the shonen of that era I am more familiar with, like Dragon Ball.

Anyway, enjoying the show so far. I've gotten used to Jotaro & co. and the Stands. Even if they are supposed to be macho, they are still dorks. Heh.

lolwat:

Aug 18, 2014 12:54 PM

Nov 2007
sjack said:
CookieBun said:

lolwat:

Haha yea, after I wrote that, I remembered it had moments like that too. Yep.
Sep 2, 2014 6:51 AM

Jun 2008
So i guess Joseph isn't a fan of tentacle hentai? ^_^

Btw i have to say that this new JoJo seem disappointing. He seems to have a stick up his ass really. He is always annoyed and mad and shit. Joseph and his silliness was a lot more amusing.
Sep 29, 2014 3:27 PM

May 2012
Another man joins the group and lol that ending was just hilarious! Pretty damn nice episode!
Oct 2, 2014 6:23 PM

Nov 2012
I died laughing at that bud pun joke.
Oct 6, 2014 1:10 PM

Jul 2013
haha I knew it! that dude will join them! He'd be a fine addition to the group and he's funny too. It's kinda annoying to see girls flocking around Jotaro and Kakyuin all the time so we need someone who chases after them for a change.
Oct 10, 2014 10:19 PM

Mar 2012
Good thing he joined the group, his personality and stand are a pretty nice addition :)
Oct 19, 2014 9:57 AM
Aug 2013
Beautiful episode. Dat posing though ... thats what I call an epic streching
Sanity... what would I do with a useless thing like that?
Oct 21, 2014 12:08 PM

Apr 2014

Favourite moment right here.
Dec 31, 2014 2:16 PM

Aug 2014
I like the ending and opening songs more and more as they have grown on me with each episode. I was right when I predicted that the grey haired guy was gonna join their group. I think he will be a good asset to their group. I think they are having fights in the order of weakest to strongest. I think either Joseph or the Gray-haired guy will be next.

Jan 6, 2015 9:11 AM

Oct 2013
lol now that we rempved his bud
we can be buddies
hahahahahaha
that ending when he was taking pictures of their legs was great
[/quote]
May 25, 2015 9:30 PM

Apr 2014
LMFAO

Jotaro's signature line:
"Hmph."
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Akanezora - Jul 11, 2014

127 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Today, 12:15 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2014

130 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Yesterday, 11:55 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - Jun 20, 2014

181 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 13, 11:18 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - Jun 13, 2014

171 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 13, 10:07 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - Jun 6, 2014

173 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 13, 9:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.