Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 26, 2014 5:21 AM

May 2013
I am glad that A-1 added a few scenes here and there to extend the fight,but it still came cross as lackluster, you would think someone with Memory-Make magic who has seen most of the fights that have transpired in the GMG would have been more devastating e.g using Nastu's bullshit magic spell that somehow managed to overpower a dragon force union raid or a magic that can negate other peoples magic from that person from Lamia Scale.

What is it with most Fairy Tail ‎antagonists having little to no durability? I mean Rufus got taken out in two moves and last episode was basically most of the competition being one shotted and that includes Bacchus.

About the art and animation it was very meh, still a lot of still images which made the fight look static at times and was it just me or did any other manga readers feel like some of the attacks namely the Sword of Frozen Black Lightning and the Dance of Chaos did not look nowhere as good as they were in the manga.

Parts that made me lol Gray telling Rufus not to "cheat" cough hypocrite cough, the message about how he died with a boner for Mira, well a least he died happy. Forgot to mention it before, but this show has the most boring eye catchers I ever seen in an anime. Overall 2/5
Apr 26, 2014 5:53 AM

Oct 2013
R- said:
damn, at least put some wendy fanservice

No it's gross.
Don't need to see a little girl strip.

Fuck what everybody say, I'm enjoying the animation, and ive been rewatching the first series in dub, also the animation is still the same when it comes to slideshow fights.

I had to laugh when lily was reading that guy's diary, and Natsu's face at 14:59 speaks look at that ass.

Gray sir, that was bad ass, for a second there at the end you looked like Ace.

5/5 for me, Fairy Tail is still awesome, ive been looking forward to it since Magi left me.
sonicgx11Apr 26, 2014 5:56 AM
Apr 26, 2014 5:54 AM

May 2008
Ice Make! Unlimited Blade Works XD
Apr 26, 2014 6:10 AM

Jul 2013
Memory make sure is convenient magic.
Filler fanservice, because why not? :P
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Apr 26, 2014 6:28 AM

Oct 2013
Forgetful00 said:
Felt the fights from the old fairy tail were better in quality wise, this one was kinda lame, feel like I'm looking at a picture book

Dude the first fairy tail was exactly the same when it came to the fights, face the truth

Besides we are only on episode 4
Apr 26, 2014 7:06 AM

Oct 2011
Gray-sama won AHHHHHHHHHH

Ace is that you. I miss you

Fanservice with Lucy and Mirajane XDD
Apr 26, 2014 7:10 AM

Dec 2013
Phew!
That 'Ice Bringer' that totally stole the victory!

Gray was pulling out some serious magic stunts in that fight.
Though, I still think 'Memory Make' magic is still better in terms of overall strength.
I also kind of wanted a frontal view of Gray when he was wearing Rufus' hat.
But, whatever.

I thought that the part where Natsu's group tried to seduce the guards was pretty funny.
Poor Lucy, getting all but dragged into it.

I can definitely see Juvia and Gray ending up together at this point in time, but it's most likely just me...and the shippers out there.

Looking forward to see what the next episode brings!
'Time Travel' magic: One Week Time! ;D
Apr 26, 2014 7:22 AM

Sep 2013
I liked the previous animation! Someone's stronger than you leave it at that! But no just cuz of your friends you get powerful and how many times will they keep saying those corny lines! So annoying! Bad Episode by the way!
Stupid fillers Boring fight! Wasn't into it at all!
Something with the animation pisses me off! Its making them look like kids! And I'm sure the damages both of them suffered should have at least produced blood.
Kazi9Apr 27, 2014 7:34 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2014 9:07 AM
Mar 2013
Good episode, as usual
Apr 26, 2014 9:19 AM

Jun 2012
Lmfao the animation went back to shit in under 5 episodes? C'mon A-1
Apr 26, 2014 9:34 AM

Aug 2013
Gray, The only man to win a fight only when he took his shirt off!
I am the bone of my sword !
Apr 26, 2014 10:12 AM

Jan 2011
it was ok 3/5
the dialogs were simples and memory make was a weak attack
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Apr 26, 2014 10:24 AM
Jul 2013
What's with that creepy plant?
Don't remember the fight of Gray and Rufus being like that...
Apr 26, 2014 10:56 AM
Dec 2010
the episode was good
but i really can't get into it again like i used too , mainly because of the weak OST
i didn't like it
Apr 26, 2014 11:03 AM

Jul 2010
Mirianime said:
What's with that creepy plant?
Don't remember the fight of Gray and Rufus being like that...

Was filler...
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Apr 26, 2014 11:13 AM
Dec 2010
what really bugs me in this episode , rufus is trying to attack grey with the ice knighhts
WTF ?
why ice knights ?
why not flame knight or thunder knights ?
i know this is filler , but this is lame
Apr 26, 2014 11:53 AM

Mar 2014
-----> still waiting for erza's fight !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2014 1:29 PM

Apr 2013
I love that they expanded the fight scene between Gray and Rufus.

I'm hoping they do the same with Erza x Minerxa x Kagura as well as Laxus x Jura.

Apr 26, 2014 1:32 PM

Oct 2013
Nice fanservice.
Apr 26, 2014 2:36 PM

Sep 2009
DeeJaySmirk said:
I like how this show, for the most part, doesn't use willpower as the determining factor. They use more power or something smart. Like how he made the ice make magic to fast for him to read.
Yes good point. It's different from Naruto who just keep coming back up no matter how many times he was defeated, in the end had to borrow kyuubi chakra.

sweet5 said:
This whole time I was like, "there's something missing." Then when gray stripped I was like, " fixed "
LOLOL me too.

Btw is it just me or....Natsu seems pretty excited about see Lucy in her swimsuit. I mean from the last series he is not that interested.
Apr 26, 2014 3:11 PM

Jul 2013
Less censorship, more blood :/
Meh... This garphic sucks. I hope it'll be better in next episodes...
We're all mad here
Apr 26, 2014 3:24 PM

Feb 2014
Disappointed, the filler was failed... It turned the battle from good to lame. And as if usual FS not enough, they idiotically inserted a really not relevant filler. Really, they deliberately destroying all the hype on this anime.

The animation is suck, too. I thought they will use better animation in battle oriented episode because last week bad animation, but it seem i was wrong.

I hope they do it better next week. This episode really bad.
Apr 26, 2014 3:36 PM
Oct 2012
Boring episode
Apr 26, 2014 4:47 PM

Aug 2013
Gray needs a god dam power up
Yo
Apr 26, 2014 4:55 PM

Apr 2014
Decent episode. I thought that Grey was going to try and punch the guy, since every time he uses magic Rufus fires it back XD. A bit of useless fan service with the Lucy part. They should make a whole other series for that. Might please a lot of people :)
Apr 26, 2014 5:48 PM

Apr 2013
Gray takes off the shirt - magic power increases by 300%.

Forgot to mention the power of Boo.... Friendship.
Apr 26, 2014 5:58 PM

Jan 2014
the fight was kind of boring but I liked when grey stripped and put on the hat :P I'm also glad juvia managed to keep to the plan I was so afraid she was going to butt in on his battle and ruin everything. Mira and Lucy were pretty funny, but wtf was that flower at the end?? Also, I can't wait to see Erza fight!
Apr 26, 2014 7:23 PM

Jan 2011
Gray looked really badass with that hat. Way better than Rufus. Unfortunately (from his point of view) Juvia would never leave his side again if he keeps it from the way she looked there. So he's probably better off without.

Besided that..if they only animated that little of manga content, and filled that much with more or less random stuff..why didn't they animate the "split up" part at all? One moment they are like "let's split up"..and the next moment, looking exactly the same they are "well, that didn't work". That was a tad bit weird. And they would have had lots of opportunities for some fun. Happy would scare the shit out of the others until getting blasted by Natsu like usually.
Apr 26, 2014 7:51 PM

Mar 2010
epicm14 said:
In most of the fights they had in this arc, the MCs get beat up in the beginning from multiple attacks, but end up winning with just a few moves, so Gray winning this fight wasn't too unexpected.

yeah...i feel thats a bit boring. I also prefer the animation from the previous studio..
but meh , its a good thing ft animation got its sequel , for that Im grateful.
Apr 26, 2014 8:32 PM

Jun 2013
Kind of a boring fight.
Apr 27, 2014 12:22 AM

Nov 2011
Worst episode of the new series so far. Pure and not even FUN filler. Just... filler for the sake of filler.

Also, too much Lucy and Mira fanservice, not enough Gray manservice.
Apr 27, 2014 3:28 AM
Nov 2013
And yet another fight won with just the power of feelings... Seriously, it was cool the first time, and I get that friendship is an important factor in FT, but jeez..

Anyway, I got the feeling that, except new character designs, the animation didn't change with this new 2014 start. I am not impressed with the new FT so far.
Apr 27, 2014 3:45 AM

Aug 2013
fanservice into a rather boring fight. a mediocore epiosde.

3/5
Apr 27, 2014 4:17 AM

Dec 2013
Nice fight, good ost. Lol @ Gray putting on Rufus's hat. 4/5
Apr 27, 2014 7:15 AM

Apr 2013
Rofl, this was really funny to watch.

Apr 27, 2014 7:23 AM

Oct 2013
That was mediocre.. an okay episode.

Rufus using memories which is his signature magic to fight off Gray and give him a hard time. He just casually fights him off while reading ancient texts on magic?

Dat Lucy and Mira-tan fanservice filler was <33 *Hnnngghhh*
Those trapped people were fapping o__o fantasizing about Mira 7 years ago in their last moments of life? Lol that's fucked up.

Gray was at least BA when he took off his shirt and Juvia going mad for him. XD

Action episode next? Hell yeah!
NuviApr 27, 2014 8:25 AM
Apr 27, 2014 8:07 AM

Oct 2013
Im not gonna complain until I see erza vs kagura vs minerva, the animation is good in my eyes, although people say the fighting scenes were better in the previous series?

Open yall eyes people.

But seriously how was the fight boring?

And the filler was funny especially the journal that panther lily read

But I guess its different for everybody.
Apr 27, 2014 8:28 AM

May 2013
Need another episode!
Apr 27, 2014 12:06 PM
Apr 2012
The Gray vs Rufus fight was great, shame it was interrupted by some filler fan service. Now don't get me wrong, I looove me some fan service, especially where Mira and Lucy are concerned but it felt so out of place, a bit of silly fun but the placement was awkward. Should have been done after the finale of the Gray fight. He did well to beat Rufus and a clever way as well.
Apr 27, 2014 12:15 PM

Apr 2009
Didn't care for this episode. The animation in the fight was pretty bad and the fight itself was kind of boring. At least Gray came up with a way to overcome Rufus' memorize power instead of only winning through the power of feelings.

Still hating these slight changes to the character designs, all the for worst. Would've been worth it if it meant better animation, but, like look at Lucy in a bikini in some of those scenes. Her body looked... off.

Still optimistic for the rest of the tournament battle, my whining aside. I haven't read the manga but I'm looking forward to seeing Laxus and Erza duke it out with whoever they're going to run into.
Apr 27, 2014 2:37 PM

Jul 2010
Would it kill them to give Gray fights some decent animation...I mean seriously, they hardly put any effort to his fights from the first series (Aside from hs fight against Ultear), I was hoping this season would improve on that. Also, is it me or did they force the living hell out of the Juvia moments, we get it already Juvia, you believe in him...you don't have to repeat it five times. Lucy and Mira's pointless fanservice, while nice to look at...really didn't make this episode more enjoyable.
Apr 27, 2014 3:16 PM

Nov 2013
I dislike the new chara design more and more ... Erza gives me cancer

Rufus fight was boring as hell, talk and more talk ... and juvia and more talk and fanservice and more talk and juvia and more and more talk ...

meh episode ...
Apr 27, 2014 5:18 PM

Jan 2013
Grat Gray Gray!Good job.What an amazing fight,the power of feelings!Thats the true power of Fairy Tail.
Still Natsu & others didn't managed to escape from that "trap".
Btw Rufus is very very strong,his magic is so unique and he can always upgrade it with the magic of others.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 28, 2014 3:17 AM

Apr 2011
Can't wait to see Wendy in action next episode and I hope it has better animation than this latest one. 3/5 overall
Apr 28, 2014 1:10 PM

Feb 2014
Interesting episode to say the least, I wonder if that former Celestial Wizard will join the guild...
Apr 28, 2014 1:46 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Grey is hotter than before

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Apr 28, 2014 5:57 PM

Aug 2012
The fact that people are giving Fairy Tail an overall bad rating just because of the animation is really pissing me off. It's a good show, good action, good characters, if animation is what it takes to tell someone if an anime is good or bad, we're in for a rocky ride.

Anyways, good episode. I loved the reaction from the audience when Gray wen't into full serious mode, especially the judge.

As for Natsu and the others, was hoping for a little progress in getting out, not just bikini posing and stuff, but that diary entry from the corpse was beautiful... at least he died happy. ;)
Apr 28, 2014 8:34 PM

Jun 2012
Nice fanservice. I really missed that the last few episodes.
Next episode seems like it might be quite spicy as well with those plant tentacles.
Apr 29, 2014 4:41 AM

Dec 2011
The battle didn't seem to be going well for Gray at the start of the episode, can he win?

Those skeletons looks weird and funny as hell, and Happy seems to have come up with a plan.

Lol, that was one perverted plan, to lure out the guardians that were or were not watching using Lucy's and Mira's sexy bodies XD

And we have a winner, Gray managed to kick Rufu's ass and claim the victory in the name of Fairy Tail.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 29, 2014 1:53 PM

Jan 2014
"He took it off! He took it off! He took it off!"

That's all I have to say.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 90 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2015

143 by Yubisoft »»
Nov 17, 2023 1:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.