Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 25, 2015 5:55 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this was more of a relaxing episode, mostly because of the aftermath of the fight. Oh poor Laxus, still injured from his previous fight...I feel bad for him..

Gray also has a bit of moment with Juvia by themselves in the rain.
I feel bad for Gray after what he has been through tbh. The OST song used during that scene was spot on though (OST release when?). So eh, I guess the episode was alright, at least in terms of reflecting all the events of this arc especially the important parts. Oh and Wendy got her long hair back :D
Stark700Dec 25, 2015 6:26 PM
Dec 25, 2015 6:28 PM
Oct 2013
Don't miss the scene after the ending credits, guys :D #bigreveal?

I actually liked the episode a lot. Art wise, it looked really pretty!
Dec 25, 2015 6:40 PM
Sep 2012
So on this day, we have the end of the Tartarus arc and boy what a tear jerker.

so Igneel was dead the moment he got outside of Natsu to fight Acnologia, the same thing with the other dragons. I love Metallia's reaction to Gajeel. Those two interaction was so cool. So Sting and Rogue's dragons they alter their memories, well one wonders if they didn't maybe wouldn't be the a-holes when we first meet them, so good job guys. And poor Wendy she has to say goodbye to Graddine again, it is like saying good bye to Catskelter all over again.

So no Lumia Historia this arc, but it will be used eventually, at least I hope after all this hype.

Natsu goodbye to Igneel that was so emotionally, I never saw this side of Natsu, he is always so optimistic, I do wish though Lucy was there to comfort him, he was there for her when her dad died, so it be a nice role reversal.

I predict now that there are no dragons to fight Acnologia, that the dragon slayers will turn into dragons to fight him.

I loved the part when Gajeel patted Wendy on the head. That was sweet.

Anyway the conclusion of the arc one week later, everyone taking time to recover, this is not going to easy to go back to normal just like that. I expected Lexus to recover and maybe have some self doubts and want to get stronger, the Gray / Juvia moment, I expected that, I knew they were going to tease Gray is mad at Juvia, but in the end he doesn't blame her, didn't expect him to break down like that, but nice to see him let his guard down.

I knew Jellal was going to show up to cheer Erza up, I wasn't sure if it was going to be the real Jellal, who just in Erza's mind, but it was really him, and nice to see the Oracion Seis, I loved Angel's line about the robe's being lame which I kind of agree with, they are not real stylish, Cobra talking about acting cool and Racer wanting to learn how to act cool, Wendy's hair is long again, I liked to have see them stick with that for a bit, but I like her long hair to, and that is more marketable. So is Aquarius coming back or not? I don't know what they were going for.

Though they didn't do anything, always nice to Gajeel and Levy together, and I wonder how many people are going to take Lily and Charles talking are some sort of shipping moment, personnel I don't see it, I just see them as the two most intelligent Exceeds of the main five Exceeds having an intelligent conversation, besides there is a whole generation age difference. I knew we were going to see an emotional Minerva return to Sabertooth, and all of them were just going to be like welcome home and she was going to cry, I don't think she has allowed herself to cry for years, this is also the first time we seen Minerva and Yukino appear at the same time. There is no real point behind that, just want to point that out.

And the last thing that didn't surprise was obviously Natsu was END, come on we all saw it coming, it is as obvious as the identity of Yukino's sister, that is two obvious reveals in the same year, come on Hiro to have work on your surprising twists.

Now to the shocking stuff, I was shocked to find out Doranbolt was part of Fairy Tail all along, and he was a spy on the council, Makarov you are full of surprises, first you have Gajeel being a double agent with Raven Tail, and now this, though timing wise it makes sense, Doranbolt joined the council after Yajima left the council, I am not saying Yajima was a spy, but he did protect Fairy Tail from the council, after he left, Makarov needed someone else to keep an eye on the council. But all these secrets he keeps from the rest of Fairy Tail, why I think that is cool, I think someday he is going to have to answer for his lies and deception from his children.

Fairy Tail is disbanding, that is a shock. So that is how the series ends. Just kidding, I do hope they go through with that, and have another time skip, this does feel like what happened when the Strawhats disbanded for a bit and had a time skip, I am sure all the haters I ready to scream rip off rip off. Bring it on.

Natsu leaving to train for a year, you know that is what he needs and I am sure all the Naruto fans are screaming rip off rip off, because this is like what happened with Naruto at the end of part 1, but he trained 3 years, Natsu is only going to need one year of training, so that is one ups men ship. Ha ha ha. I wonder if Lucy is actually going to follow him or stock him, maybe she ought to talk to Juvia and get some tips on stocking. Ha ha, but is looks like Aquarius might not be gone.

Looks like we are getting another time skip, this time 1 year. That or perhaps 7 months because Hiro loves the number 7. So about a year, everyone will go their separate ways and get back together.

What I think will happen within the time skip I don't know, but this is what I like to see. Gray and Juvia of course, hang around Lamia Scale and have Gray do some training with Lyon, perhaps he will see Wendy from time to time hanging with Celia, Lexus to somehow find Neo Crime Sorciere and do some training with Cobra, as for Erza do the same with Mermaid Heel and train with Kagura, if Lucy wasn't busy try to find Natsu I would love to see train with Yukino, Gajeel train with Sting and Rogue, maybe Mira can help Minerva deal with her new demon powers, and that is all I have right now.

I do wish the anime added Sting and Rogue's dragons saying some last words, I mean really. Speaking of which, I wanted to see an add on scene explaining if Minerva still have no demon powers if not how was she cured? Also she her reaction to finding out Jiemma was here and what he said about her.

We get a special ED, we have had those before when some arcs ends. And they save the E.N.D. reveal for after the credits.

Next episode, we find out how Fairy Tail began with Fairy Tail Zero, this was a great series can't wait to see it adapted and how long this adaption will be.
Dec 25, 2015 6:41 PM

Mar 2008
The feels! I admit I teared up quite a bit. Why is Fairy Tail so damn awesome!? I loved the encounter between Juvia & Gray. Then Lucy calling Natsu an idiot for leaving her behind. I hope this anime goes on for a long time to come.
Dec 25, 2015 6:59 PM

Oct 2015
Done with the awesome Tartaros arc now next up is Fairy Tail Zero! Then after that will finally be.....
Dec 25, 2015 7:01 PM

Jun 2014
Finally caught up to this anime. Well it was a more relaxing aftermath episode, so there really wasn't too much going on. Wendy got her long hair back, thank goodness. Doranbolt was already an FT member who infiltrated the council, I didn't see that one coming. It looks like we're gonna have another timeskip. And honestly, the predictability of this anime continues as we get the reveal that Natsu is END. I called it a while back, maybe there's potential for a Natsu vs. Gray final fight?

Now we move on to FT Zero.........
thebrentinator24Dec 25, 2015 7:02 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 25, 2015 7:19 PM

Feb 2014
That was a nice episode to end off the tartaros arc! Honestly one of the better arcs in fairytail (except for that erza vs. kyouka fight, that was garb) and even though it was pretty slow paced, it was definitely really hype to watch! :P

Onto FT Zero!

Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Dec 25, 2015 7:32 PM

Apr 2013
A very touching and heartwarming episode to end the Tartarus arc after all that action. Really enjoyed this episode from start to finish, from the Natsu Igneel moments, guild disbanding moments and Juvia x Gray to the Doranbolt and END reveals.

Wendy got her nice hair back! Metalicana and Gajeels moments were hilarious as well!
Beautiful ed
Next ep ft zero
Dec 25, 2015 7:38 PM

Mar 2012
Tartaros arc is a battle with all side lost. The only winner in this arc is Zeref and even Acnologia suffer.

Now before we move onto next arc we will need to see Zero first since it have pretty important fact for the future.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 25, 2015 7:40 PM

Dec 2013
Fairy Tail Zero seems interesting, but I'm look forward to where the members go from here.
If I forget to reply feel free to drop a message or comment on my profile!
Dec 25, 2015 8:11 PM

Dec 2014
Seriously It seemed all is ended, Fairy tail and then Fairy Tail Zero Sprung's up.. Don't know what to even expect now. Now then all hype finally gone down
Dec 25, 2015 8:17 PM

Dec 2014
NeoAnkara said:
Tartaros arc is a battle with all side lost. The only winner in this arc is Zeref and even Acnologia suffer.

Now before we move onto next arc we will need to see Zero first since it have pretty important fact for the future.

Ok but don't further spoil it for non manga readers
Dec 25, 2015 8:27 PM
May 2015
So, when FT ZERO ends fairy tail is coming back? Figured they'll both be running at the same time but I misjudged. All that I feel from this episode is the needs to draw more shipping pictures, >^<;;
Dec 25, 2015 8:48 PM

Dec 2014
Nice concluding episode to the arc. Lucy's narrations are always the best xD

Wendy looks best with long hair :D, Thank God she didn't keep it short.

Time skip training eh.

Ft Zero starts next week, The original will return after FT Zero concludes I guess.
Quite interested in seeing Mavis and how she created Fairy Tail.
Dec 25, 2015 8:59 PM

Apr 2012
The anime catches up so fast to the manga because Hiro Mashima doesn't tell much in the chapters and don't split the character stories like Eiichiro Oda does in every new arc.

I guess It'll take at least half a year until the normal story continues. Maybe they will make some filler episodes after Zero. Showing Natsu and Happy's adventures while they are away or something like that. I can't imagine A-1 Pictures to animate the new arc from the manga until it's finished.
Tendou-kunDec 25, 2015 9:03 PM
Dec 25, 2015 9:10 PM
Oct 2013
I've been wondering this, since the main series seems to be going on break for FT Zero, when it does come back, would that count as it being a 3rd season?
Norjack2Dec 25, 2015 9:13 PM
Dec 25, 2015 9:29 PM

Oct 2011
The Dragons' goodbye and Natsu crying for Igneel T__________T

When Gray found out Juvia was the one who killed his father T____________T

Erza parting with Jellah T______________________T

When Lucy found Natsu's letter and ran off hoping to catch up/stop him T_______T

Fairy Tail disbanding T_________T

Special ED song T___T

FAIRY TAIL ZERO OMG!!!!!!
Dec 25, 2015 9:35 PM

Apr 2010
Tendou-kun said:
The anime catches up so fast to the manga because Hiro Mashima doesn't tell much in the chapters and don't split the character stories like Eiichiro Oda does in every new arc.

Are you following the One Piece anime at all? They drag the anime out and add so much filler just to keep the manga slightly ahead of the anime, it's not a very good comparison. I'm not going to argue quality since I enjoy both One Piece AND Fairy Tail, but Oda's chapters aren't exactly teeming with content either, no shounen series can with only 20 pages per week.

But overall I was satisfied with how the anime handled the arc. It's a shame the budget wasn't higher for some parts but with long running shounen it's to be expected. After they adapt Zero and do the next little canon arc there should be some space for a filler of some sort if they choose to go that route.
Dec 25, 2015 11:06 PM

Jun 2013
I thought they would change the color contrast for FT Zero... Guess I was wrong... Maybe the anime will be more colorful now that the Tartaros Arc ended. Anyway very emotional episode, art was nice too, one thing that bothered me is that A-1 was too lazy to draw Lucy in a different outift (at this point in the manga she wore something else), other than that, good episode.
Dec 25, 2015 11:17 PM

Dec 2009
Fantastic ending to the best arc of Fairy Tail. So many great twists and emotional goodbyes. Loved specifically the Doranbolt/Mest twist and of course END being Etherious Natsu Dragneel. So hyped to see Fairy Tail Zero animated now. Makes me wonder if A-1 will extend the story to make it last longer or they'll somehow do a filler arc after it. Give or take we're about 50 chapters from the manga, 63 if we count Fairy Tail Zero which is being animated.
Dec 25, 2015 11:22 PM

Jun 2012
Little Mavis is cute. Im looking forward to Fairy Tail Zero.
Dec 25, 2015 11:34 PM

Apr 2015
It's about time Gray and Juvia had an emotional moment (besides that one Juvia filler episode), rather than a comedic one.
Dec 26, 2015 2:56 AM

Aug 2012
Great conclusion to the Tartarus arc. Lots of feels this episode. Onto Fairy Tail Zero!
Dec 26, 2015 2:57 AM

Aug 2012
Ice_Flow said:
So, when FT ZERO ends fairy tail is coming back? Figured they'll both be running at the same time but I misjudged. All that I feel from this episode is the needs to draw more shipping pictures, >^<;;
Nah A-1 wants to make the anime not catch up as fast with the manga.
Dec 26, 2015 3:12 AM

Apr 2008
sim0n2170 said:
Ice_Flow said:
Nah A-1 wants to make the anime not catch up as fast with the manga.

Not to mention it makes perfect narrative sense to have this big flashback arc between tartaros and the next arcs
Dec 26, 2015 3:40 AM

Sep 2014
Dem feels, I actually teared up a little T_T , Tartaros arc was pretty decent.
Fairy Tail Zero huh, great to see it animated, timing is pretty good too I guess.
Also that cute little Mavis <3
nerfxDec 26, 2015 3:44 AM
Dec 26, 2015 4:07 AM
Dec 2010
Dem feeling

but how they mange to get Minerva back to human ?
Dec 26, 2015 4:21 AM

Aug 2014
And... we've got the end of Tartaros's Arc. Now has we already known it will start a new story showing us how it was the foundation of the Guild one hundred years ago...
They had many lost's but we know that they will grow up with that in their minds! :)
Some got remind about old memories.. and some have seen their ones for the last time in a long time. ^.^
That was an incredible and a fantastic arc!
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Dec 26, 2015 5:19 AM

Apr 2015
Preview FT Zero.

Probality ice trail after?
Dec 26, 2015 5:42 AM

Jul 2007
And the war with no winner ends. There's no happy victory or spoils of war. Even if Tartaros won, Fairy Tail did not win.
Not a single member has come out unscathed from what happened. Everyone suffered, everyone lost people, ideals, parental figures, goals, precious things.

And now they lost the guild and everyone goes the separate ways without really having found any closure(as shown via Lucy scene).

Fairy Tail is over and now its the time for us to discover how Fairy Tail began.
Dec 26, 2015 5:45 AM
Oct 2013
Norjack2 said:
I've been wondering this, since the main series seems to be going on break for FT Zero, when it does come back, would that count as it being a 3rd season?
FT Zero is an arc within the main series
Dec 26, 2015 5:46 AM

Dec 2013
Slow episode with lots of feels a couple of pretty decent revelations. A pretty decent episode :)

Next episodes starts Fairy Tail Zero. I was expecting them to show this later on but whatever.
Dec 26, 2015 6:16 AM

May 2013
FT ZERØ starts on January 9th. So next week = no episode.

No, the anime is not going to a break.
And no, FT ZERØ and Fairy Tail are not differents animes. ><
A lot of people seems to think that. Why?

Anyway I liked this arc, but it's not my favourite. ;P

I can't wait for FTZ, since...
Dec 26, 2015 6:30 AM

Oct 2013
Decent end of season episode. I liked it how they handled Tartarus finale.

Natsu being END was a major reveal in the manga, hopefully people saw after-credits scene too.

Tartarus arc ends with the end of Fairy Tail and the next arc Fairy Tail Zero shows us how Fairy Tail was formed. Can't wait to see ZeraxMavis lolier Mavis and the other founding members of FT.
Dec 26, 2015 6:49 AM
Nov 2015
I just have a few questions. So will Fairy Tail Zero be like a multi-episode thing? And then the main story sorta continues after that?

Now about episode 90, FEELS TRIP OMG. AND THE POST-CREDITS SCENE
Dec 26, 2015 6:55 AM

Mar 2012
Yenxhr said:
I just have a few questions. So will Fairy Tail Zero be like a multi-episode thing? And then the main story sorta continues after that?

Zero is 13 chapter long. It can be 6 episode or stretched to 12.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 26, 2015 7:00 AM

May 2015
NeoAnkara said:
Yenxhr said:

just for some gaps from the manga, it was so close now
Dec 26, 2015 7:03 AM

Jul 2007
renaiyuusha said:
NeoAnkara said:

Saying Zero is just to make a gap is incorrect since knowledge of Zero is incredibly important for everything after Tartaros.
Dec 26, 2015 7:37 AM
Mar 2013
quite a comfy episode. I've always liked the conclusion episodes of FT arcs. Usual pairing stuff was quite cute as well. The stuff with Natsu and Igneel was quite sad too, FT has always been good at feels stuff ;_;
I can't decide whether the Tartaros arc was too slow or too fast. Either way should be some fillers soon

Does the ending mean we're getting Fairy Tail Zero arc next? I remember reading it was going to be a separate series. I'd rather see it than fillers though tbhq, it's actually quite good.
Dec 26, 2015 8:01 AM

Nov 2014
damn..it was so full of feels and relaxing..love it.
Dec 26, 2015 8:25 AM
Aug 2015
Etherious Natsu Dragneel = END O_O
Dec 26, 2015 8:50 AM

Jul 2013
Apart of the reveal of END meaning (which I found rushed), this episode is great. I liked the arc, despite the Erza bullshit and the animation. Probably the best of the series.

Now time to Zero and time to see Mavis's past!
Dec 26, 2015 9:48 AM

Jun 2009
I just wonder, when they pick back up the story, will it be a year later or will we follow Natsu as he goes on his journey to get stronger
Dec 26, 2015 9:53 AM

Jul 2007
Merciless said:
I just wonder, when they pick back up the story, will it be a year later or will we follow Natsu as he goes on his journey to get stronger

It would not make sense to follow Natsu since FT is Lucy's story.
Dec 26, 2015 10:42 AM

May 2013
wait? why did they reveal END so fast? manga was a bit later ...
Dec 26, 2015 10:44 AM

May 2013
Fai said:
renaiyuusha said:

Saying Zero is just to make a gap is incorrect since knowledge of Zero is incredibly important for everything after Tartaros.

Can confirm, just look at the crystal @Lumen Histoire and why the First is always around.
Dec 26, 2015 11:25 AM

Jun 2013
Byunjin said:

Nope manga was the same as this (chapter 416). In this episode they adapted chapters 415 & 416.
Dec 26, 2015 11:30 AM

May 2013
metsujin said:
Byunjin said:

Nope manga was the same as this (chapter 416). In this episode they adapted chapters 415 & 416.

oh right my bad sorry
Dec 26, 2015 12:02 PM
Jul 2014
Is there going to be a timeskip after Fairy Tale Zero, since Natsu and Happy are going to train for a whole year ?
Dec 26, 2015 12:06 PM

Sep 2009
Lass4770 said:
Is there going to be a timeskip after Fairy Tale Zero, since Natsu and Happy are going to train for a whole year ?

only a year time skip. so no character design changes.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.