Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Bullet (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Apr 15, 2014 8:43 PM
Jan 2013
So it goes like this, our main character is fighting this badass villain who just brutally murdered 5 policemen. The fight ends with the villain calmly talking to our protagonist, that it is not the last time they meet. To which, our great protagonist stands and listens, and lets him go thinking "Oh cool, this is destiny!" ignoring the fact that those 5 humans were just brutally murdered right in front of him. Oh wait this is not all! there is a sale! We must get to the sale and buy some sprouts! Let somebody else clean those irrelevant useless pieces of meat.

Then we get to the part where a girl (his partner) is seemingly an elementary student - she looks around 10 is trying to sleep with him any way she can.

Yup.. Well I liked the OP, gotta give them credit it's pretty sick. Also the first 2 minutes of the episode were interesting. Dropped.
Apr 16, 2014 5:45 AM

Jan 2010
This anime remind me of three anime.
Attack on Titan
Toaru Majutsu no Index
Psycho Pass

AoT is obvious, the setting and all, cursed children(that have gastrea's ability) as humanity's last hope (like Eren that has titan's power)...
Enju remind me of Index, and Kisara remind me of Mikoto....
Psycho Pass, the Promotor and Initiator thing, Promotor to look after the Initiator and work as a team, like Inspector and Enforcer...

It's not a bad thing of course, especially the AoT and Psycho Pass one...
the one I disliked the most is the characters, and it's design and also art style...I expect darker colors and less moe(and boobs)...

I love the setting and story
I hate Kisara
I dislike Enju (but at least she is cute and a cursed child, I want to know more about them)
I expect the MC to be a cool and calm character but oh well...

Note: I didn't watch the trailer/PV, I only read the synopsis and saw the novel's covers
btw I like the art in the novel waaaay better
Apr 17, 2014 1:09 PM

Jul 2013
no masterpiece, but i guess it was fine
art is good, sound too, story isn't bad..
i just hope this won't turn into a romantic relationship between rentarou and enjuu cause that would be just stupid
now, if they joined him and kisara i wouldn't mind (and i think probably that's what they'll do)

the ending perfoormer makes me remind supercell (from gc ans psycho pass), which is good cause i really like her
Apr 18, 2014 7:50 AM

Jun 2011
It's like someone made a veeeery good alternative version of Pupa & Gash Bell. Hmm... I think I like it! ;-)
Apr 18, 2014 6:26 PM

Oct 2013
The first 1 was ok,wonder how this anime will develop.

Apr 20, 2014 12:55 AM

Jan 2010
Calling it mediocre would be an insult to other mediocre anime out there.
Apr 20, 2014 12:56 PM
Apr 2014
So many things not right with this episode.

- Why doesn't he say anything about the masked man?
- Why is he explaining basic knowledge to a professional after ten years of dealing with humanity's greatest threat?
--> Why the hell doesn't that man know what's happening to him?
- How do those monoliths work?
- Why doesn't life seem to have changed a single bit for the last survivors of humanity?
- Why are humans (again) treating their last hope of survival as pests? I mean, humans usually grab anyhing they can get a hold of as long as they survive, so that's really unrealistic.
- Why did that transformation scene completely ignore the law of mass conservation?
/rant
Ignoring all that, I enjoyed this. Not digging the president, but I like the researcher and I like clingy loli's a lot more after Kodomo no Jikan. I'll watch this is I have the time.
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
Apr 20, 2014 1:41 PM

Apr 2013
Looks really promising, and the loli is cute. *v*
Apr 20, 2014 10:52 PM

Sep 2011
This was definetly oddly paced and the tonal shifts were not the best, but i really liked certain scenes of it and its setting/backstory has buttloads of potential

But please god dont let enju be the main love interest, the age difference is just creepy to me and i hope it doesnt develop into anything legitmate

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 23, 2014 3:01 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

The Kinema Citrus, has done a decent job, the Character Design is not bad, indeed.
That clashes with a PV almost melodrama, we find a protagonist angry as usual and loli everywhere.
Not that it's so annoying Enji and the fact that they have entered into the plot as a requirement that only girls can sconficcere bad, but certainly lower the level of the series, for now.
Narration not bad, as I said before, I imagined something more serious and dramatic. We'll see with the next episodes, where they want to direct their bow to the authors, this anime series.
Final vote, for now, of 6/10!

The group FripSide, from that little bit more ...: 3
Apr 23, 2014 12:37 PM

Jul 2011
I like the animation and story but seriously a godman loli -__- I despise lolis, and why are kids in charge?? How am I supposed to take a post-apocalyptic anime like this serious?
Apr 24, 2014 12:37 AM

Dec 2012
I like this kind of anime

Apr 24, 2014 2:26 AM

Feb 2013
one word.....LAME...........though the op was kickass
Apr 24, 2014 3:27 AM

Jan 2014
A nice idea. It's just that this kind of theme has already been put
on screens in many zombie horror movies, but frankly, this is the
first time for me to watch an anime like this. Hope it will be better
than all of those movies. The new things I see, different from
those in those films are the cursed children and that kind of
partnership between the initiator/cursed girl and her guardian.
I look forward to the next episode, hope for it to be a good sequel.
Apr 24, 2014 10:33 AM
Mar 2012
Only just started watching, this could turn out to be great :D
Apr 24, 2014 2:38 PM

Mar 2014
I fell for the OST!! pretty cool animation and art! I hope the plot will unravel itself nicely!!!
Apr 24, 2014 3:24 PM

Mar 2012
Swordnoob said:
So many things not right with this episode.

- Why doesn't he say anything about the masked man?
- Why is he explaining basic knowledge to a professional after ten years of dealing with humanity's greatest threat?
--> Why the hell doesn't that man know what's happening to him?
- How do those monoliths work?
- Why doesn't life seem to have changed a single bit for the last survivors of humanity?
- Why are humans (again) treating their last hope of survival as pests? I mean, humans usually grab anyhing they can get a hold of as long as they survive, so that's really unrealistic.
- Why did that transformation scene completely ignore the law of mass conservation?
/rant
Ignoring all that, I enjoyed this. Not digging the president, but I like the researcher and I like clingy loli's a lot more after Kodomo no Jikan. I'll watch this is I have the time.

^ , maybe there are more details explained on the LN, maybe...
Keep moving forward
Apr 25, 2014 9:15 PM

Mar 2014
To tell you the truth, the episode was OK. At times I thought the anime was a joke, all the characters seem like jokes and that little girl is already annoying. Some of the songs are good the opening sucks though.
Apr 26, 2014 5:44 AM

Jan 2011
Interesting first ep. I like these post-apocalyptic type of shows.
As a lolicon, Enju was awesome!

OP bad guy right off the bat. Definitely looking forward to when they will clash once again.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Apr 29, 2014 9:50 PM

Mar 2008
What was the hype for? The waga loli? At least the antagonist is likeable and the action has pace.
Apr 30, 2014 1:53 PM

May 2013
Starting to like this already c:
May 1, 2014 10:03 AM

Jun 2008
I really like the soundtrack
May 3, 2014 1:13 PM

Jan 2011
This really has potential, but it felt pretty rushed.
Eye likes it.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 10, 2014 9:49 PM
Jan 2014
So I just download the black bullet OP and I realised that the beginning sounded a lot like the OP in snk?
May 12, 2014 5:10 PM

Jan 2013
boku-no-ricky said:
So I just download the black bullet OP and I realised that the beginning sounded a lot like the OP in snk?

IKR It was similar to Accel World's op too
no
May 17, 2014 2:50 AM

Aug 2011
From the first episode, I thought it was pretty awesome! Didn't expect the amount of gore, which I appreciated because it keeps my attention high and it also has a good mix of comedy too. Of course, it shares similarities with SnK, but I prefer the opening episode of Black Bullet more. Love Enju and the whole cursed children idea. Hope it continues strong.
May 17, 2014 6:48 AM

Sep 2013
The MC is pretty generic, the loli is pretty annoying, but the action scenes are pretty cool.
May 20, 2014 3:57 AM

Feb 2013
Good OP so right of the bat i liked it.
MC's are ok, you got your revenge wanting male and your Special Loli Child of Powers used to defeat the race destroying humanity. Stuff seen before but based on the good things I've seen, heard and been told i'm expecting this anime to pretty good. And besides i do rather like Apocalypse theme'd anime. Animation so far looks all right and characters have already made me smile so once again definitely off to a good start.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
May 23, 2014 2:44 AM

Apr 2012
wtf was the Dr eating?
Jun 4, 2014 11:04 PM
May 2010
Is this episode in a race or what? How does it jump all the way from a kid to a civil officer with little to none background information? What are initiators and promoters? Why are they special? Why do they get magical powers? What is that Gastrea? Where does it come from? Why is it attacking humans? What is its hobby? So many things left unexplained. What is wrong with the shows these days? Feels like it is all action packed. What happened to the storyline?
jimmy2027Jun 4, 2014 11:15 PM
Jun 7, 2014 12:03 PM

Mar 2013
pretty shitty anime. Would have been an interesting setting, if they put in more mature content and dramadic aspects. But so its just another immature clichee action anime with uninteresting characters and an annoying loli pedobait which i doesnt even consider "character" rather pure fanservice for the pedophilic viewers.
Jun 12, 2014 1:00 PM

Jan 2012
wasn't a fan of Enju I think I just gripe with her type of characters :/ apart from that the story was interesting enough! nice art, it wasn't earth shattering actually would say mediocre as harsh as that may sound but was looking forward to this series and will definitely see how it progresses!
Jun 29, 2014 6:58 AM

Jul 2013
Pretty interesting start. Hiruko is a badass!

OP was awesome XD
Jun 30, 2014 11:25 AM

Jun 2014
Very good first episode. A lot of questions opened, and some already answered, such as what Enju is. Rentaro could act a little older for being "23," and I dont like how annoying Enju is. Havent seen enough of Kisara yet, but hopefully she turns out to be an interesting character. The Doctor seems like a classic creeper type doctor.
Jul 8, 2014 8:07 PM

Sep 2011
ketiszkusz said:
boku-no-ricky said:

IKR It was similar to Accel World's op too

I think you mean Accel World's ending theme there. Sounds nearly exactly the same.
Jul 17, 2014 3:30 PM

Dec 2008
First of all the opening theme was great, it reminded me of Attack on Titan. That aside, Black Bullet looks interesting, it has a bit of everything: action, blood, aliens, lolis, etc
Jul 20, 2014 8:48 AM
Jun 2014
Satomi Rentarou...
~Careless man but rather independent...
~Make mistake but improved well...
~Making Kisara mad but prepared for the respond...
~Annoyed with loli-type girl but believe in Aihara..

Aihara Enju...
~Really loves Rentarou but been ignored her feeling (cute)...
~Strong but soft in encountered...
~Cursed child but bring hope...
~Annoying but loving (kawaii)...

Kisara Tendou...
~Taichou-type but always baka-baka ni mitai...
~Strict but full of love...
~Have fair with Rentarou (maybe)....
Jul 27, 2014 6:33 AM
May 2012
Damn, the animation is really good.
The OSTs in the beginning sounds like those of Hollywood's. Opening song is kickass (it sounds nothing like SnK's opening songs, it's just that it has a choir part). Ending song is nice.
Enju is pretty badass. I hope she won't get too annoying, and that she won't interfere with Kisara.
I'd tap Kisara and Sensei :3 So, basically, they have loli weapons, huh.
MC is alright, so far. I also forgot about the masked guy.
Let's see how this goes.
Aug 7, 2014 5:20 PM

Jan 2014
looks interesting.

Enju reminds me of that girl from Unbreakable Machinedoll
Recommend me an anime
Aug 15, 2014 8:53 AM

May 2014
Looks pretty interesting.

Lolis are the only chance of humanity! ... nice excuse to make an anime full of lolis. Not like I mind or anything. Enju is hilarious. ^_^
Sep 27, 2014 5:50 AM

Jun 2008
Interesting premise that will turn out horrible with stupid script writing(a little like Guilty Crown did) and otaku pandering.that is the impression this show gave me after the first episode.
Why can't anime makers take such premises and be really serious about it damn it!!

nina4life said:
"If you don't wish to die, survive"...ehm, yes, I won't comment on that.

People die when they are killed.
Sep 28, 2014 2:21 PM

Jun 2011
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
Rentaro could act a little older for being "23,"
But he is not 23. Enju asked Rentarou to stay in his grade for 6 years to wait for her, and he said it'd be weird for a 23 years old to be a high school student, so he's most likely 17, and Enju is most likely 11.

Read a few chapters of the manga long before the anime aired and loved the action there, the animation didn't disappoint. Loli Enju is darn adorable! Her accent makes it better. A thing I didn't like was info dump, I don't really mind all that, but they made the characters deliver the info to us viewers, when the characters themselves had no reason to voice it out other than to inform us, which was rather unnatural. That and it was a little rushed.

The OP sounds like SnK's one.. that one particular part.. it's exactly the same.. -_-
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 3, 2014 6:14 AM
Nov 2012
Does anyone know what is the OST name at the spider transformation scene?
“Townsperson B has its own kind of awesomeness” — Shōyō Hinata
Oct 3, 2014 9:56 AM

Aug 2007
A lot happened in one episode o.o
Of course I pick a series randomly and get something as spider-esque baddies, erk.
I do appreciate that they took the time to explain the virus supports the arachnid body, because normally insects would never be able to get that big due to how they are built.

Oct 5, 2014 11:49 PM

Sep 2011
Nice battle scenes, looking forward to see more!
Nov 13, 2014 2:02 PM

May 2012
Quite interesting start and I especially found that ending interest! I do wonder what this anime will offer us but I quite like it already, a good combo with humor and action so let's see what's next!
Jan 18, 2015 9:10 AM

Oct 2014
Pretty nice first ep. Nice pace, looks promising.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2015 9:11 AM

Dec 2013
Milky_way1886 said:
Pretty nice first ep. Nice pace, looks promising.
Oh ho ho ho ho, you're watching this huh? Good luck, you'll need it
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 25, 2015 3:50 AM

Aug 2014
So the fate of humanity relies on infected Lolies?
Feb 4, 2015 12:51 PM

Jun 2014
Gmancam said:
So the fate of humanity relies on infected Lolies?

Yes
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2014

521 by FZREMAKE »»
May 11, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2014

383 by FZREMAKE »»
May 11, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

191 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 16, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2014

397 by Karva1 »»
Mar 3, 7:32 AM

Poll: » Best Girl? ( 1 2 3 )

Blind_Guardian - May 17, 2014

105 by proxima16 »»
Dec 22, 2023 6:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.