Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2014 11:06 AM
May 2013
-ShadowClaw- said:
Oh yes this the best promising Anime of the season i have yet to see

Personally I am looking forward more to Captain Earth (its bones, duh), Mahouka (seems kind of generic but animation is great), Akuma no Riddle (yuri but it had a pretty good first ep), and Selector infected WIXOSS (a yu-gi-oh/madoka magicka crossbreed).
Apr 6, 2014 11:07 AM

Jun 2013
AlexGK said:
Will follow it. 7/10 for now. Please dont tell me it will turn out haremy...

kind of...

but there is no love or romance, only survival and tears
Apr 6, 2014 11:08 AM

Jun 2013
Jaycalli50 said:

Personally I am looking forward more to Captain Earth (its bones, duh), Mahouka (seems kind of generic but animation is great), Akuma no Riddle (yuri but it had a pretty good first ep), and Selector infected WIXOSS (a yu-gi-oh/madoka magicka crossbreed).

All average shows in the end.
Apr 6, 2014 11:16 AM

Aug 2011
I liked the first episode so far. The op is great. I'll wait to see more episodes so I can evaluate it. :D
Apr 6, 2014 11:22 AM

Sep 2010
Seems... interesting? I can't tell if I like it or not yet, but will definitely be giving it the 3 episode chance before deciding.

The idea of a man-made witch who has someone predicting deaths for her is pretty interesting though..
Apr 6, 2014 11:24 AM

Nov 2013
Interesting premise, Art and soundtrack were good. I like this 4/5
Apr 6, 2014 11:25 AM

Oct 2011
Will their be any mind #### that I should be prepared for?
Apr 6, 2014 11:26 AM
Jan 2014
AnimeFan500 said:
Will their be any mind #### that I should be prepared for?

Yes. but much further.
Apr 6, 2014 11:29 AM

Jan 2011
Good opening from what I can see. We've got enough of a backstory to pique our interest and the character design looks pretty good. It doesn't feel like a 13 episode anime though, so I hope we don't have trouble with pacing as this goes along, and the prospect of an AO ending leaves me a little cold--much better if it is clearly a season transition ending on a cliffhanger from my perspective.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 6, 2014 11:33 AM

Jan 2009
this is awesome i love witches
it's been a while since i found an anime as interesting
Apr 6, 2014 11:41 AM
Jan 2014
rodac said:
Good opening from what I can see. We've got enough of a backstory to pique our interest and the character design looks pretty good. It doesn't feel like a 13 episode anime though, so I hope we don't have trouble with pacing as this goes along, and the prospect of an AO ending leaves me a little cold--much better if it is clearly a season transition ending on a cliffhanger from my perspective.

After rewatching the opening I noticed there's a character that hasn't been introduced yet in the manga ( the translated one ). So yeah most probably this will be a 2 or 3 seasons anime.
Apr 6, 2014 11:43 AM

Apr 2013
If I start to think that it's a story of a childhood friend that had forgotten her childhood memories I think I know how it will end . If I combine that and that I've saw Elfen Lied , it will end pretty nasty.

Anyway , the style is there it kinda felt like it was Elfen Liedish.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Apr 6, 2014 11:46 AM
Mar 2014
Great job loved it can't wait to see if any of my theories are correct
Apr 6, 2014 11:51 AM
Mar 2014
FluffyFlesh said:
If I start to think that it's a story of a childhood friend that had forgotten her childhood memories I think I know how it will end . If I combine that and that I've saw Elfen Lied , it will end pretty nasty.

Anyway , the style is there it kinda felt like it was Elfen Liedish.

This us less about what i am quoteing but your banner thoughs are words to live by

although i doubt it will be anywhere as graphic as elfen lied but i could be wrong
Apr 6, 2014 12:04 PM
Jul 2018
It was so interesting. Kuroha was so cute.

This somehow reminded me of the anime "Another" and "Elfen Lied."
Apr 6, 2014 12:08 PM

May 2012
One of the worst openings I've heard maybe worth watching the next episode...
Apr 6, 2014 12:12 PM

Feb 2014
Interested to see how the rest of the anime goes. Being only 13 episodes I hope it doesn't amass too much plot holes.
Apr 6, 2014 12:13 PM

Feb 2014
Tohka_Yatogami said:
It was so interesting. Kuroha was so cute.

This somehow reminded me of the anime "Another" and "Elfen Lied."

I don't know about Another, but this is the same author of Elfen Lied.
Apr 6, 2014 12:14 PM

Jun 2013
Dubstep OP, because dubstep lethal!

Everytime Kuroneko talks this is what I hear: "No sempai, this is our fight!"
Apr 6, 2014 12:27 PM

Jul 2010
Well, that was very good.I wish it was 2 cour instead of 1 tho, they will probably rush some things :/
incompleteAEGISApr 14, 2014 3:35 PM
Apr 6, 2014 12:28 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
The MC is very sharp so it's watchable.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 6, 2014 12:29 PM
May 2013
ChoiDalDal said:
Jaycalli50 said:

All average shows in the end.

A pretty vague statement. Of course they are all average, they just started. I just think that all of these shows show more promise than this one. It could go either way though.

P.S. it's awesome that you read Girls of the Wild. It would be really interesting to see it get an anime, i'm sure it would be a big hit!
Apr 6, 2014 12:36 PM

Feb 2013
Endycia said:
rodac said:

After rewatching the opening I noticed there's a character that hasn't been introduced yet in the manga ( the translated one ). So yeah most probably this will be a 2 or 3 seasons anime.

WAY more likely to be an anime original ending instead of being 2/3 seasons
Apr 6, 2014 12:41 PM
Jul 2012
Cirris said:
FatefulLove said:
Kuroha = Kuroneko? There are no moles though, really interested to see how they will connect the two.
The armpit confrontation in front of the class got me.
A girl that is self proclaimed to be a witch because she can break a boulder and see the future.
This is quite interesting, the childhood part and how many life and death situations will come in this anime.

There's a flaw that Ryouta is forgetting.

LOL I found that quite amusing.

I really liked the first episode. Looking forward to more.
Apr 6, 2014 12:47 PM
Jan 2014
R- said:
Endycia said:
rodac said:

WAY more likely to be an anime original ending instead of being 2/3 seasons

One can only hope!!
Apr 6, 2014 12:51 PM

Apr 2013
Aquarius215 said:
Cirris said:
FatefulLove said:
Kuroha = Kuroneko? There are no moles though, really interested to see how they will connect the two.
A girl that is self proclaimed to be a witch because she can break a boulder and see the future.
This is quite interesting, the childhood part and how many life and death situations will come in this anime.

There's a flaw that Ryouta is forgetting.

LOL I found that quite amusing.

I really liked the first episode. Looking forward to more.

Well , duuuh.

I wonder when he will see her naked to confirm what I said in the spoiler tag. Or when he will ask her directly.
FluffyFleshApr 6, 2014 12:55 PM
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Apr 6, 2014 12:51 PM

Jul 2013
That OP! I like this a lot so far. I was planning on reading the manga eventually but I'll watch this instead for now. Looking forward to next week!
Apr 6, 2014 12:52 PM

Jul 2013
Now that was interesting... I was afraid it was gonna be cheesy (well in a way it still is) but not so bad either. Interesting enough for me anyway.

I'll take my guess now that Kuroha is Kuroneko's clone. Kuroha herself being a clone and there's an original somewhere. All of them are groomed lab rats.
Apr 6, 2014 12:53 PM

Apr 2013
jiraiya_sensei said:
Now that was interesting... I was afraid it was gonna be cheesy (well in a way it still is) but not so bad either. Interesting enough for me anyway.

I'll take my guess now that Kuroha is Kuroneko's clone. Kuroha herself being a clone and there's an original somewhere. All of them are groomed lab rats.

Well , its possible since we talk about an author that created Elfen Lied. That and the mention of drugs and her thing on back of her neck.

I think this anime will get me obsessed and waiting for it every week at the midnight , for the subs , like I did with Haganai NEXT(since I'm a fan of it) , its not related to this anime but you get my point.
FluffyFleshApr 6, 2014 12:56 PM
Apr 6, 2014 1:02 PM

Dec 2013
This season seems to be full of great anime, including this one
Apr 6, 2014 1:02 PM

Nov 2013
Good atmosphere. intriguing story. I'll be watching this one.
Apr 6, 2014 1:07 PM

Apr 2013
This is not as dark as I was expecting from Elfen Lied's author..
And I wasn't expecting a witch at all.
And I hope it won't end up into harem....
Apr 6, 2014 1:09 PM
Jun 2012
IMHO the opening shows too much stuff, especially for those who have never read the manga.
Apr 6, 2014 1:09 PM

Apr 2014
I kinda expected it to be bad but it was pretty good I guess
Apr 6, 2014 1:17 PM

Feb 2014
I really liked this episode and I am hyped to watch the rest of this anime.
great animation, interesting story and a glorious OP !
will definitely keep watching.

For everyone talking about how it was expected to be darker since it is from the author of Elfen Lied, I just want to remind you of how Lucy in no less than 70% of Elfen Lied was actually someone called Nyaa who can only say 'Nyaa' while running around naked .. please tell me again how dark these parts of Elfen Lied were xD

Gokukoku no Brynhildr has showed us some dark moments with the childhood memories and all and maybe the darkness will spread even more in the next episodes .. let's wait and see !
Need More DESUUUU~~~

My Anime List
Apr 6, 2014 1:18 PM

Feb 2011
Andreycs said:
This OP.

daxlks said:
VanishingKira said:
So this is going to go anime original cause

Wonder why they skipped the opening scene of the manga too.

Well she does appear in the manga

However the translated chapters haven't caught up with the raws yet (which are around 95 or so) which might be why she hasn't appeared yet (assuming you read just the translated chapters).

Also wondering why they skipped that part too...

Volume 7*?
And now that I know that there are around 95 cap I got depressed :(

It irritates me to no end how there are 95 chapters out but only 55 translated.

Regardless, I HAVE to watch it now. I was going to skip this series because I read the manga but no way they're gonna cover that much without screwing up the pacing or having an original plot.

Morand said:
IMHO the opening shows too much stuff, especially for those who have never read the manga.

I agree. I feel like it'll raise too much suspicion so when the reveal comes it won't have as much impact. But welp not much we can do about it. Hopefully people just brush it aside or forget about it. :D
Apr 6, 2014 1:26 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
They're actually sticking pretty close to the manga which I find kind of surprising considering there's talk of it being a one cour and the manga is ongoing. I actually am of the opinion that Elfen Lied has one of the best anime original endings so maybe they try to do something similar for this one as well? We'll see. The ED was pretty generic but the OP was rather good in my opinion.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 6, 2014 1:27 PM
Aug 2012
its an allrightshow wat interested me the most tho was the openning which showed the metal marix like thing on the neck it cld be a bomb or something similar to that or something that kills the user ending in battle royale for survival maybe ive jst been watching to many films lately anyone else agree the neck pieces will be the main drive in the show the show going by the intro looks more like it cld be future diarys than elfen lied?
Apr 6, 2014 1:30 PM

Jun 2012
FatefulLove said:

I'm guessing all the girls died and were turning zombie cyborgs or something. Or maybe even something along the lines of Grim Reapers, but they try to save them instead?

Anyways, I enjoyed it. :3
Apr 6, 2014 1:37 PM
Oct 2013
I hope the anime adaptation doesn't disappoint since this is the most anticipated show of the season for me.
Apr 6, 2014 1:37 PM

Aug 2013
Thought she would be lot colder
Apr 6, 2014 1:40 PM

Aug 2012
Woah, awesome first episode!
Kuroha BEST GIRL
:3
Apr 6, 2014 1:47 PM

Jun 2009
Haha thought she was going to be a tsundere.
:}

Will keep watching.
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Apr 6, 2014 1:53 PM

Jul 2013
OP was awesome.
LOL asking her to show him her armpits.
lol squishy squishy xD
nice start.
Apr 6, 2014 2:13 PM

Oct 2011
Best girl, aka Kazumi, has yet to arrive. The show gets better after her introduction. Or at least, it should if it follows the manga properly.

Apr 6, 2014 2:17 PM

Mar 2012
nyu~
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 6, 2014 2:25 PM

Mar 2013
''Just shut up and show me your armpits!'' best pickup line ever.
Apr 6, 2014 2:34 PM

Jun 2013
Shaping up to be a promising show. I bet the two neko's are the same, with the moles being some kind of seal to her powers or something which is why the present one doesn't have them.
Apr 6, 2014 2:38 PM

Mar 2012
JivingLotus said:
I bet the two neko's are the same, with the moles being some kind of seal to her powers or something which is why the present one doesn't have them.
This is so dumb that it must be true.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it set in the same world as Elfen Lied?

Saku33 - Nov 16, 2023

5 by Buny0058 »»
Nov 18, 2023 12:33 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2014

126 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 13, 2023 3:41 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

403 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 7:24 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

231 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 6:03 AM

» Anybody still here

Iamtheeggman - Mar 30, 2021

29 by Barrycade »»
May 6, 2023 7:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.