Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 31, 2014 10:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
ABS ABS ABS.

The race continues. I'm glad the team is catching up to that guy tbh. Seriously, this face:
http://imgur.com/9SPCnMz

Mini Naruko is adorable <3
And that final scene is awesome. The feeling you get when you accomplish something feels good.
Mar 31, 2014 11:52 AM

May 2013
The guys were able to get to the checkpoint first. I can't believe he gave a name to those pecs of his lol.
Mar 31, 2014 11:56 AM

Aug 2010
That was really intense :D

Loved the flashbacks showing how much Tadakoro and Naruko suffered to get here ^^ Really shows how much training and experience they have. And how much they've grown.

Also goes to show how talented Onoda is. Going to the IH from his first months of riding sport bikes O_O The dude is a monster XD

Can't stop laughing at Izumida and his Pecs personalities XDXD

The breakthrough through the cones was so friggin BA! Screw going around the corners. Just straight ahead :D

Poor Naruko not winning but that one was kinda obvious hehe ^^

Can't wait to see the reactions of the guys staying behind >.< Should be intense as hell!!!

I really wonder how strong Kanzaki's big bro is?? He seems pretty confident in himself.
Barion-ZaraMar 31, 2014 12:34 PM
Mar 31, 2014 12:25 PM

Jul 2010
Really glad that Tadokoro and Naruko won, but that was really reckless >_<
The flashbacks were great as it showed their tough past and accepting defeat. How they worked harder than anyone else sure was inspiring.
The most epic 400 meter sprint!
FatefulLoveApr 1, 2014 5:06 PM
Mar 31, 2014 12:35 PM
Dec 2012
THAT WAS THE LONGES 800 METERS IN MY LIVE OOOO:
Realy? 2 eps for one checkpoint... I don't want to imagine what will be later O:
Mar 31, 2014 12:37 PM

Jul 2010
So intense.

Woah, they made it!!

lol that omake made me laugh XD
Asuka_10Mar 31, 2014 12:41 PM
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Mar 31, 2014 12:49 PM
Jul 2013
" ABU ABU ABU ABU ABU ABU ABU ABU ABU ABU ABU ABU ABU ABU ABU ABU ABU ABU ABU ABU ABU"

Poor Naruko, lost to his senpai at the end </3.

Nice eps and I THINK we don't have to hear the ABUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU ABUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU AND ANDY AND FRANK.
Mar 31, 2014 1:01 PM

May 2010
the spear that will pierce the heavens xd

woow this was epic! fkin intense episode..narukos flashback was really nice!

5/5
Mar 31, 2014 1:29 PM

Apr 2013
I liked the elements of the cones. There wasn't a way they would have been able to win in sheer talent, so I'm with the idea of willpower, guts, and experience pushing through vs Izumida's choice to loose speed instead of hit the cone
Mar 31, 2014 1:34 PM
Aug 2012
I really hate when animes drag things out needlessly long. 20 minutes for 300 meters. It seemed like they were at the 250m mark for a good 10 minutes. This last 300m should have been over in well under minute, its so dumb. If we pretend this anime is in 'real time', they'd be travelling at walking speed. I get the whole suspense thing and whatever, but damn.

That combined with the guy naming his pecks and repeatedly saying Abs for some reason really grows old quickly. Really takes away from the show. And its totally ridiculous how they have these long conversations during a race instead of focusing on their breathing and shit.

But it was mainly the 250m taking 15 god damn minutes that made me drop the rating on this show.
Mar 31, 2014 1:41 PM

Sep 2008
Now it's time for the mountains, and You know who for his 5 minutes of fame... :P
Mar 31, 2014 2:34 PM
Aug 2008
I personally didn't like the choice of making the cones central to deciding the outcome. Izumida had no choice but to lose, because while the cones flew high for tadokoro and Naruko, Izumida had to deal with a low cone. And as he said, hitting a cone at that speed with your wheel would be fatal (compared to hitting it with your head only leaving you with a bruise) so he had to dodge. His description of himself being perfect is actually true as his dodge was not only the only thing he could do to stay on his bike, the reflexes he needed for that could have only come from his training to perfection.
So in effect, the person with the better training only lost due to random chance because of the "spirit > technical" message the show has.
Mar 31, 2014 2:49 PM

Apr 2013
that was great but 2 episodes for 1 checkpoint on the first/3 day? I wonder how it will end because there's no way the inter high will only last 13 more episodes with the pace they're going with.
Mar 31, 2014 2:55 PM

Jun 2010
Now that was intense!
Mar 31, 2014 5:32 PM

Aug 2008
I felt that it became less exciting to anticipate because they spend too much time for this part, maybe I should marathon it? But I can't wait I know that. Glad that Sohoku wins!
Anmoly97 said:
I THINK we don't have to hear the ABUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU ABUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU AND ANDY AND FRANK.
+1
Mar 31, 2014 5:53 PM
Aug 2013
Can't help it, but this anime can't get a tear out of me every time. It's so fucking good.
Mar 31, 2014 5:56 PM
Aug 2013
mossyoak said:
I really hate when animes drag things out needlessly long. 20 minutes for 300 meters. It seemed like they were at the 250m mark for a good 10 minutes. This last 300m should have been over in well under minute, its so dumb. If we pretend this anime is in 'real time', they'd be travelling at walking speed. I get the whole suspense thing and whatever, but damn.

That combined with the guy naming his pecks and repeatedly saying Abs for some reason really grows old quickly. Really takes away from the show. And its totally ridiculous how they have these long conversations during a race instead of focusing on their breathing and shit.

But it was mainly the 250m taking 15 god damn minutes that made me drop the rating on this show.
Lol, get used to it. You haven't watched many shonen or sports anime, are you? This stuff is given, time makes no sense in these types of anime. You need to just accept it and enjoy the show. 5 minutes in Dragon Ball Z were 50 episodes, and you bitch about 15 minutes for 400 meters.
This time distortion is a byproduct of manga adaptations, unfortunately, but you can get used to it quite easily. I say it adds something to a show, not everything needs to be rushed.
Mar 31, 2014 7:22 PM

Jan 2013
I'm surprised they managed to win.
I don't know if they should have physically.
Mar 31, 2014 10:35 PM

Aug 2009
So glad they were the first to cross the check point. I really wanted Naruko to be first but that's ok.

Mar 31, 2014 10:36 PM

Mar 2008
The windy cones felt a little overdone with all that bullet-time, but a solid run, nevertheless.
Mar 31, 2014 10:54 PM

Mar 2013
Yes, Tadokoro!! You strike that pose, buddy. His past was cute, too. I'd hope we see more flashbacks for him, but considering he's a senpai and how long it took them to do just one checkpoint, I'm not optimistic.
Apr 1, 2014 12:23 AM

Jun 2012
I didn't like the outcome. They made it seem like Naruko and Tadokoro were the only two who experienced defeat. But we just finished Izumida's back story and he clearly was not perfect. He had to train extremely hard to become what he is today and he should have won the race to the checkpoint. I especially didn't like the bs they pulled with the wind. Both of them should have crashed and that's when Izumida should have pulled ahead.

And wtf was with that texting at the end? xD too funny.
Apr 1, 2014 12:50 AM

Jul 2012
nice
Cty Best mid
Apr 1, 2014 7:15 AM

Jul 2012
I cried at the end in happiness. Sohoku!!! I really liked the comparison between Naruko/Tado vs Izumida. The reckless, hot-spirited, carefree athelete vs the more calculated, hard working one. I often question myself if I can really give a 9/10 to this show since I'm just too biased with sports anime, but episodes like these really prove their worthiness.
Apr 1, 2014 8:49 AM

Oct 2011
Manly Tears T___T
Apr 1, 2014 9:09 AM

Oct 2013
Lol. When abs-kun turned over, I burst out laughing at the other two with cones right at their faces.

Andy and frank were so creepily hilarious.

The end was satisying. The omake was really cute.
Apr 1, 2014 9:36 AM

Feb 2008
Abs-kun should have won =/
Also, this show gives Captain Tsubasa's field lengths a run for their money. That was the longest 1km I've ever seen.
Apr 1, 2014 12:11 PM

Jun 2013
that is one of the most intense episodes I've ever seen I'm not usually a fan bike riding races but this one the best bike riding animes that I've ever seen.
Apr 1, 2014 12:26 PM

Aug 2009
dragonlight said:
I didn't like the outcome. They made it seem like Naruko and Tadokoro were the only two who experienced defeat. But we just finished Izumida's back story and he clearly was not perfect. He had to train extremely hard to become what he is today and he should have won the race to the checkpoint.

I disagree.
While Izumida did train hard, Tadokoro and Naruko had way more experience.
Izumida simply spent too much time growing his muscles instead of cycling.
Apr 1, 2014 1:13 PM
Feb 2013
Abs, Abs, Abs, AAAAAbbbbsss, EEEEEHHHHH Too bad pretty boy, I think you should not only have focus on Frank and Andy, you should've also trained Dicky as well.
Apr 1, 2014 1:46 PM

Apr 2012
if mr abs abs abs doesn't bother you even a little bit, you have a strong soul and i respect that
Apr 1, 2014 4:23 PM

Jan 2011
neko465 said:
THAT WAS THE LONGES 800 METERS IN MY LIVE OOOO:
Realy? 2 eps for one checkpoint... I don't want to imagine what will be later O:

thought exactly the same. xD when i ride i can ride around 10 m/s fast so for 0,8 km i need around 80 s and not 3 ks. *lol they could have done it a littl biz more realistic, maybe when they thought something showing the movements in slow motion. ^^ well, i am excited about the mountains. ^^
Apr 1, 2014 6:41 PM

Jul 2012
Darkshadow77 said:
dragonlight said:
I didn't like the outcome. They made it seem like Naruko and Tadokoro were the only two who experienced defeat. But we just finished Izumida's back story and he clearly was not perfect. He had to train extremely hard to become what he is today and he should have won the race to the checkpoint.

I disagree.

+1
Apr 1, 2014 11:16 PM

Mar 2009
Honestly, it seems like over and over "feelings" seem to defeat experience and hard-won skill.

I was really rooting for Izumida for the sprint. And it would have been more of a buildup to see Naruko and Tadokoro work together to defeat Izumida, the underdog vs. the undefeated champ so to speak - not to mention more believable.
Apr 1, 2014 11:47 PM

Nov 2007
What is with these "feelings vs experience" comments? Tadokoro and Naruko have experience, too. They've been in races, they've won, they've lost, and they've trained their butts off. Izumida has trained his body relentlessly, dare I say religiously, but he hasn't been in as many races, iirc. The dodging thing is perhaps a little too perfect in that respect; if he was mostly training his muscles and letting his racing record go to the dumpster... when exactly did he get to work on his reflexes to have them be so honed?

Tadokoro and Naruko just wanted it more. They could have portrayed it better, though. Tadokoro and Naruko should have worked together, as right now they don't come across as much of a team. I hope the other 3rd-1st year pairs don't have as much of a diva issue. ^^; I thought the point was to get Kinjou across the finish line first? Also, the cone thing was a little overdone, and a little cheap. And they apparently couldn't decide where the cones were going to be, because they were originally all low cones, but then Tadokoro and Naruko's both jumped up to their faces somehow. *shrug* I guess I just won't think too much about it anymore.

Kinda glad Tadokoro won. :) http://i62.tinypic.com/20plk1.jpg

That omake was hilarious. I didn't really have much of an opinion on the 2nd years at first, but they are really growing on me. ♥
rimedragonaApr 2, 2014 2:23 PM
Apr 2, 2014 9:54 AM

Jan 2014
Look, I really like this series but they spend to much minutes in 300 m races. I mean, even walking would be faster. Idk if it's the problem of adapting the manga to the anime or what but it really bothers me. .____.
Apr 3, 2014 7:56 AM
Oct 2011
I couldn't care less about the meters going slowly. This episode was AWESOME!

5/5
Apr 3, 2014 8:18 PM

Feb 2010
Young Naruko made me scream.
I'm glad Tadokoro sempai was the first in line, maybe both, he and Naruko had been through a lot, but its his last year, so UvU
"...To kiss, that beautiful woman cherry-like lips"
Apr 4, 2014 3:40 PM

Feb 2008
mossyoak said:

If you think that was long, than you should see Slam Dunk, where they used an entire 23 minute episode to show what happened in the last 30 seconds af the Shohoku vs Kainan match.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Apr 4, 2014 7:14 PM

Oct 2013
Eyelashes lost :( His abs failed
Apr 6, 2014 12:30 PM

Nov 2011
Thank god they were able to win the first checkpoint
and it was so sweet to see both of Naruko's and Osan's past days
Naruko was so damn CUUUUTE !!! and still cute and handsome till now <3
I really wanted him to be the first but at least he got the second place
and actually, I believe that it had to be Tadokoro who wins the first place
Poor Naruko, he used to lose all the time, I feel Bad for this sweet cupcake x3
and that Izumida, I really find it disgusting how he gave his abs nicknames and kept on shaking them and talking to them.. Yuck xP
but it was nice to include both of Frank and Andy that are champions from the real life.
GOD THE FEELS !!! I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THIS ANIME !!!
Also, I think 38 episodes won't be enough to cover the whole tournament
I'm off to repeat those intense Naruko moments <3
Can't get enough of the guy !!!! :D
Apr 7, 2014 7:48 AM

Oct 2013
Darkshadow77 said:
dragonlight said:

I disagree.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... sorry, your profile pic just made me lol. It's just so conincidental... or is it?

I'm kinda annoyed that they took so much screen time to get to the first checkpoint. At this rate it's impossible for the entire inter-high to be covered this season. But I don't really care. We finally got to see Tadakoro and Naruko's backstory. Abs-kun... the bloke spent too much time in the gym. Loved this episode. Tadakoro's victory pose was awesome. I actually liked the ending with the cones.

You do your best and God will do the rest.

And yes, I actually believe that.

The only thing that pisses me off is that now I've caught up and I don't want to wait for the rest of the Season to come out ;_;
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Apr 16, 2014 10:46 AM

Nov 2007
hurray,they finally arrived...

anyway,the most important thing about this episode is the fact that Aoyagi and Teshima are super-adorable...help.
Jun 1, 2014 7:52 PM

May 2014
bby Naruko is too cute!

Hopefully the pacing for the rest of the race race won't go too slowly.
Jun 13, 2014 8:52 PM

Feb 2011
rimedragona said:

That omake was hilarious. I didn't really have much of an opinion on the 2nd years at first, but they are really growing on me. ♥

Commenting just because of these guys <33 adorable.

also, pls no more ABU guy... his eyelashes bother me... Andy and Frank too ...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2014 8:56 PM

Aug 2009
abu...
[right]

Jun 25, 2014 6:45 AM

Apr 2013
Glad they won in the order they did. Naruko couldn't be ahead of the 3rd year but he still beat Hakone.
Damn that abs guy was starting to annoy me...
Jul 27, 2014 4:05 AM
Aug 2011
Didn't anyone tell the producers a meter is not that long of a distance? I mean, even when they say "ni hyaku go juu" it takes 1.5 seconds and thus 20 meters. I calculated, people.
Aug 28, 2014 12:33 AM

Jun 2012
Must repeatedly remind myself this is only an anime. As such, time can pass "slower", and there can also be many unusual occurrences. Wouldn't be as much a problem if I wasn't a cyclist myself. . that and there aren't many cycling anime series.

Sep 19, 2014 10:21 PM

Jun 2011
Kuroko no Basket spoiler
Bullshit comeback. The only difference is,
Sohoku never did, it was all about the feelings.

This Inter-High tournament is made to show off Sohoku team members, revealing their past in the meanwhile.

Darkshadow77 said:
dragonlight said:

I disagree.

I disagree with your disagreement, the guy could dodge the cone in front of him with such perfect control of his bike, with bare amount of deceleration, if any at all. He obviously had enough training with his bike. This is MC plot armour, plain and simple. Their exaggerated powers couldn't help them win, in the end it's all about "feelings", like, really, what the hell is that supposed to mean? "The one who will win the sprint is the one with the best strength" my ass, it's all about guts and feelings, and obviously plot armour because the opposing team won't get this kind of power ups.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2014

114 by inveercique »»
Apr 15, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2014

71 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 29, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2013

85 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2013

54 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2013

86 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 22, 1:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.