Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2014 9:04 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A tall, but timid 1st grade boy tries his best for short 2nd grade girl, who also cares about him enough to accompany him.
LeknaatFeb 17, 1:10 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 25, 2014 1:51 PM

Dec 2007
I had the pleasure to watch this by an excellent subbing group. Man, were they good. "yah" "i LIKE IT" "fighting and shit" "eat your fud" "wtf" "idk" "thx" "sorry, i don't got any fud" "I'll be going nao".

The anime was pretty cute though with a short and straightforward story.
Jun 26, 2014 2:53 AM

Jan 2014
Acquaintance said:
I had the pleasure to watch this by an excellent subbing group. Man, were they good. "yah" "i LIKE IT" "fighting and shit" "eat your fud" "wtf" "idk" "thx" "sorry, i don't got any fud" "I'll be going nao".

Same here. "Ittekimasu", "Haiiiiiiii" and "?????" was especially impressive. I have to admit though I laughed when the profanity kicked in. I can't really complain though since it was simple enough to understand without subs.

The anime was cute but pretty forgettable honestly.
Jun 27, 2014 9:28 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Pretty cute story of a 1st & 2nd grader cherishing for each other. Early romance?

I liked how that Octopus turned big all of a sudden and owned that phantom with mere bubbles.
Akio later showing Masaya that it wasn't an octopus but rather a rabbit was quite funny!

I'm surprised Masaya didn't get a beating from his mom for ditching school and wandering off on his own.

Tip: I highly recommend watching this with the profanity sub if you want a cute yet hilarious experience!

Jun 27, 2014 6:19 PM

Jul 2011
That was cute. :DD

I don't think it needs any series or movie... just that 30 mins was short and sweet!
Jun 27, 2014 8:33 PM

Nov 2011
The final boss went down a little too easy, considering how underleveled Masaya was and having only one special move, but the revelation with the octopus at the end was nicely executed; with no foreshadowing, I did not expect it to be a bunny, even though it should have been obvious considering Akiyo's crafting skill. Even with the slightly disappointing battle, I enjoyed this simple and fun show.
Jun 27, 2014 8:36 PM

Nov 2011
>My stomach is empty
LOL.

This imo was both charming and cute. I like how Masaya was able to overcome some of his fear for dark places and find what he's looking for. Artwork was decent too.

7/10. Good Mirai Project.
Jun 28, 2014 1:56 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Haha this was so cute! It was simple yet fun, with likable characters. I'm glad Masaya was able to grow from his little adventure, and it was nice seeing all the nice people he encountered along the way. Also, I knew it was a bunny instead of an octopus!!! Though I can see how Masaya mistook that. This made me remember how pure and innocent little kids can be ^^
Jun 28, 2014 9:34 AM

Nov 2010
A nice, cute, and simple story. I liked it. Figured it was a bunny the whole time, was waiting for them to reveal it and it was pretty good. Nice seeing him face his fears to get the flowers.

7/10
Jul 7, 2014 12:44 AM

Jan 2011
daxlks said:
Acquaintance said:

Same here. "Ittekimasu", "Haiiiiiiii" and "?????" was especially impressive. I have to admit though I laughed when the profanity kicked in. I can't really complain though since it was simple enough to understand without subs.

"Straaaaanger daaaanger"

The subs added to the experience.
Aug 18, 2014 6:00 AM

Sep 2012
This short was also great as expected from Anime Mirai.Cute, funny and charming, 7/10.
Sep 7, 2014 8:57 PM

May 2012
Pretty fun and especially cute journey to find the bellflower! Quite lovely art as well and the ending sure was beautiful! 7/10
Dec 25, 2014 1:19 AM

Oct 2007
daxlks said:
Acquaintance said:

I honestly stopped reading the subs altogether by 5 mins in.

Luckily these kids used simple Japanese that even I could understand, with my basic understand of the language.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2015 11:56 AM

Apr 2009
Wow some little adventures are actually great! I was expecting Totoro to come out near or inside the forest or something. XD And it turns out the octopus was actually a bunny! LOL

7/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Apr 13, 2015 12:08 PM

Oct 2012
Nice and heartwarming slice of life. I really enjoyed that. Wouldn't mind if they made the series of adventures with them :)

7/10
Jun 16, 2015 8:19 AM

Feb 2008
Anime Mirai movies have been mostly hit and miss for me, mostly because some tried to be really edgy, so it's nice seeing some that were the total opposite. It was really adorable and fun to watch. One of my favorite AM movies so far.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Aug 27, 2015 9:52 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Pretty cute. I like the artstyle the most. I rather like the idea of it being an octopus way more than it being a rabbit.
"There is nothing outside of yourself that enables you to get better. Everything is within. Seek nothing outside of yourself." ⛩️

Oct 29, 2015 2:04 AM

Nov 2011
shit this was boring as GAYLO

FUCK DAT SHI aight
Feb 23, 2016 8:32 PM

Jul 2012
I love the music and art, but overall it was pretty mediocre. I would watch a full series about this if they had better writing.
Aug 23, 2016 9:18 PM

Feb 2014
Not bad for a single episode short. I wouldn't mind watching an entire series of this either. Hopefully they didn't stop walking together to school, now that he has overcome his fear of that forest. They make such a cute couple.

The subs in the video I watched were the most halfassed I've seen yet, though. Too many simple and incomplete sentences and half the time it didn't even have any subtitles. But I guess I should be glad this even got subbed in the first place.
Nov 16, 2016 4:06 AM

May 2016
That was so cute~ It was a relaxing watch to make up for a tiring day. I hope they continue to grow up together.

I didn't even think that the octopus could've been a rabbit all along...

The half-assed subs wuz gud. "That's fucking dangerous!" I got hit by that out of nowhere xD

I didn't enjoy reading crappy manga translations but it's the first time that I came across its anime counterpart. Strankly adds up to the enjoyment.

Oct 27, 2018 3:19 PM

Oct 2015
At least he crossed that tunnel in the end. And also I thought it was an octopus that Masaya had, but I guess it was a rabbit according to Akiyo ( still say its a pink Octopus though).

Such a cute short movie.

7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 4, 2021 7:59 PM

Sep 2018
well I'm glad I didn't encounter the joke subs you are all talking about

nehow tho I found this kinda boring, this sort of anime all feels the same to me, feels like it's trying too hard to pull at your heart strings and in the end isn't very interesting or entertaining to me.
Jun 27, 2021 8:41 AM
Nov 2020
It was pretty funny and heart warming
Jul 29, 2021 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
The colors and the atmosphere was so pleasant. A straightforward and simple story with extremely cute character designs. Nice to see the boy overcome his fear of forests. My favorite out of the four projects of Anime Mirai 2014.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.