Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
May 1, 2010 4:38 PM
Apr 2008
Aaargh just one word makes me regress and rage at this repetition.

OKASHI.
It always signals the start of more swimming pool followed by yukatas followed by fireworks followed by zomg it's repeating followed by telescopes and koizumi saying "I raabu you!" followed by haruhi walking out and kyon failing and occasionally falling over :P

By the way anyone notice the Eva reference they slipped into this one?

"Damn, now I know how Unit-00 felt after it was hit by the laser beam..."

May 24, 2010 4:55 PM

Aug 2008
Jun 6, 2010 9:16 AM

Sep 2009
Truly endless ¬¬
Jun 12, 2010 3:18 AM

Jan 2010
woohoo i'm getting tired of this :\

2/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jun 22, 2010 2:21 AM

Jun 2010
this time on Haruhi was a very nice bikini ^ __ ^
Jul 5, 2010 12:46 PM

Apr 2010
Just 2 more episode to go before it all over
Yays! =/
Jul 11, 2010 11:48 PM

Mar 2010
Only 2 more! YAY!
Jul 26, 2010 6:29 PM

Nov 2008
I have an idea that will make this easier to get through. I'm going to drink some beer every single time I hear a repeated line from previous episodes in this episode. That, way, I can slowly get so drunk that all of this seems so much more entertaining and new. Yeah, I like that idea.

Haha mind you I'm not infuriated by this unnecessary arc like others, and I do for some reason or another want to finish it. That being said, anybody else want to partake in the Haruhi Suzumiya drinking game? Drinks on me!

:D

Jul 26, 2010 9:08 PM

May 2010
silentsennin said:
I have an idea that will make this easier to get through. I'm going to drink some beer every single time I hear a repeated line from previous episodes in this episode. That, way, I can slowly get so drunk that all of this seems so much more entertaining and new. Yeah, I like that idea.

Haha mind you I'm not infuriated by this unnecessary arc like others, and I do for some reason or another want to finish it. That being said, anybody else want to partake in the Haruhi Suzumiya drinking game? Drinks on me!

My dear... please believe me.. by this arc you must not so many drinks i would not you be a alcolics, and the episodes are even also without alcohol a very high quality great arc. I can't not so many drink alcohol how i look endless eight just when i souhl every day nonstop drink alcohol.
This episodes you must enjoy how a old glas of whine to a good dinner. Please look behind this episodes what wonderful and on mystik way it will say. Please heard on the background what of the plot what great thingit will us all say.
Hm... yes that will be all what i would say. Ok.
Jul 26, 2010 10:42 PM

Dec 2008
LOL, I mentioned the drinking game in the last thread, too...

AO968 said:
Credulous said:
To the dedicated loyal fanboys: I admire you for sticking with it and coming up with lame excuses about why this is still good, but.... no this was a failed experiment, props to kyoani for trying something original but this was a big NONO.

Ironically, I am by no means a loyal fanboy. I never really liked the first season all that much (even though I'm slowly starting to appreciate it the more I watch it). But for some reason, I am highly amused with these past few episodes.

I give props to KyoAni not just for doing this, but for making it different each and every time. No two E8 episodes are the same, they're ALL different in some way, despite the overall plot still being the same thing. The differences may be big or minor, but they're apparently enough to keep me hooked and amused, the nerdrage that now surrounds this season does the rest for me.

This. Totally and completely... was pretty much what I wanted to say.

That, and...

Kyon-kun, denwa!!

X3
Jul 27, 2010 4:31 AM

May 2010
CardcaptorKitty said:
LOL, I mentioned the drinking game in the last thread, too...

AO968 said:
Credulous said:
To the dedicated loyal fanboys: I admire you for sticking with it and coming up with lame excuses about why this is still good, but.... no this was a failed experiment, props to kyoani for trying something original but this was a big NONO.

Ironically, I am by no means a loyal fanboy. I never really liked the first season all that much (even though I'm slowly starting to appreciate it the more I watch it). But for some reason, I am highly amused with these past few episodes.

I give props to KyoAni not just for doing this, but for making it different each and every time. No two E8 episodes are the same, they're ALL different in some way, despite the overall plot still being the same thing. The differences may be big or minor, but they're apparently enough to keep me hooked and amused, the nerdrage that now surrounds this season does the rest for me.

This. Totally and completely... was pretty much what I wanted to say.

That, and...

Kyon-kun, denwa!!

X3

Kyon-kun Denwa ♥
Jul 27, 2010 2:23 PM

May 2010
Haruhi_Suzimiya said:
silentsennin said:

http://combososbrigadenodan.blogspot.com/2010/07/melancholy-of-haruhi-suzumiya-2009.html

My dear... please believe me.. by this arc you must not so many drinks i would not you be a alcolics, and the episodes are even also without alcohol a very high quality great arc. I can't not so many drink alcohol how i look endless eight just when i souhl every day nonstop drink alcohol.
This episodes you must enjoy how a old glas of whine to a good dinner. Please look behind this episodes what wonderful and on mystik way it will say. Please heard on the background what of the plot what great thingit will us all say.
Hm... yes that will be all what i would say. Ok.
Jul 27, 2010 3:13 PM

Nov 2008
Haruhi_Suzimiya said:
Haruhi_Suzimiya said:
silentsennin said:

http://combososbrigadenodan.blogspot.com/2010/07/melancholy-of-haruhi-suzumiya-2009.html

This episodes you must enjoy how a old glas of whine to a good dinner. Please look behind this episodes what wonderful and on mystik way it will say. Please heard on the background what of the plot what great thingit will us all say.Hm... yes that will be all what i would say. Ok.

Umm..I think you may have taken that post far too seriously. I was joking. I just thought it was a funny idea. Also, if you read the post, I said that I actually didn't mind the arc. Trust me, I realize alcoholism is not a good thing, and I am far from being an alcoholic but playing drinking games certainly doesn't make you one either. Sure it can lead to it, but to say that simply playing games like that makes you an alcoholic is a bit much.

Of course, that also doesn't mean I condone it. It was a joke after all. Regardless this is far off topic, so please everyone, enjoy the last two episodes of the Endless Eight.
silentsenninJul 27, 2010 3:19 PM

Jul 27, 2010 3:41 PM

May 2010
silentsennin said:
Haruhi_Suzimiya said:
Haruhi_Suzimiya said:
silentsennin said:

This episodes you must enjoy how a old glas of whine to a good dinner. Please look behind this episodes what wonderful and on mystik way it will say. Please heard on the background what of the plot what great thingit will us all say.Hm... yes that will be all what i would say. Ok.

Umm..I think you may have taken that post far too seriously. I was joking. I just thought it was a funny idea. Also, if you read the post, I said that I actually didn't mind the arc. Trust me, I realize alcoholism is not a good thing, and I am far from being an alcoholic but playing drinking games certainly doesn't make you one either. Sure it can lead to it, but to say that simply playing games like that makes you an alcoholic is a bit much.

Of course, that also doesn't mean I condone it. It was a joke after all. Regardless this is far off topic, so please everyone, enjoy the last two episodes of the Endless Eight.

ok sorry i understand you now...
..i did not mean it bad... please sorry about.. it was stupid from me to say it what i say'd
...ok was a off-topic.. please enjoy everyone the last two episodes
Nov 12, 2010 7:10 AM

Dec 2007
Is this kind of repeating the second episode supposed to be original and outstanding? After I watched the fith I started skipping and I complete an ep in about 5 min. I began considering the idea of skipping all eps till the moment there is something, anything different
Up till now I give 2/10.
Feb 8, 2011 7:32 AM
Jul 2010
Endless Hate. Endless KyoAni trolling.
Feb 8, 2011 7:41 AM

May 2010
SpaceKozak said:

Endless Eight is the epic and best of the best arc. Ok please then watch not the Haruhi Movie.. its just little boring you.
Feb 12, 2011 5:23 AM
Jul 2010
Haruhi_Suzimiya said:
SpaceKozak said:

Endless Eight is the epic and best of the best arc. Ok please then watch not the Haruhi Movie.. its just little boring you.
Just finished watching Disappearance and it didn't bore me at all? It was quite enjoyable actually. I "liked" it (but didn't "love" it though) speaking in MAL poll terms.
Apr 27, 2011 4:54 AM
Dec 2008
Charliehsv said:
So, it's 8 times then, eh? So two more episodes. ^_^

Still not bored by it yet though. :)
Apr 28, 2011 8:40 AM

May 2010
fireman3521 said:
Charliehsv said:
So, it's 8 times then, eh? So two more episodes. ^_^

Still not bored by it yet though. :)
Apr 30, 2011 9:31 AM

Jan 2011
Finally! I manage to feel the Deja Vu! This is uh, I want to say exciting but this feeling is kinda...uh, its hard to describe this heavy feeling

WAIT! Do they change the kimono color just like they changed its last episode?!
17 August? All regard!
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Jan 22, 2012 5:18 AM

Aug 2011
KILL IT WITH FIRE
May 13, 2012 12:25 PM
Nov 2011
I kind of admire them for sticking with it at least. It's not great, but it's at least something unique (ironically).
Jun 23, 2012 2:47 PM

Apr 2012
barely enduring anymore episodes now =___= can't wait until the last one because i'm dying to know what haruhi wants them to do ugh
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2012 5:32 PM

May 2012
Hmm you could just skip like 6 of them xD oh well lets keep on moving :D
Aug 12, 2012 2:49 PM

Aug 2009
This was my least favorite episode of Endless Eight so far. Like, I didn't find anything that stood out this time. The last few episodes had some really cool lighting shots and interesting dialogue bits and nice music every now and then, but this one was just boring all the way through. I guess it's getting to me now.

But knowing that there's only two more episodes left, I'm totally braced to continue watching. Almost done..
Dec 12, 2012 8:34 AM

Nov 2012
It's entertaining to try and find the differences between the episodes :D
But this one was very similar to the second one..
Mar 26, 2013 12:58 PM

Mar 2013
I don't think I have the strength anymore. I'm seriously crying here T.T
Jun 14, 2013 6:37 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Hmm Yuki waited a for Kyon to say something else this time instead of just leaving. Maybe she will tell Kyon next time instead of waiting for them to figure it out? Or not...lol. It would be nice if she decided not to just observe next time :)
Aug 28, 2013 2:26 PM
May 2013
Kyon why you no say "I love you" to Haruhi , "Just do it!"

Gintoki in spoiler

Sep 1, 2013 11:14 AM

Sep 2009
I thought it would be very similar to the last one but they changed a lot of the scenes up to still make it entertaining.

12 down, 17 to go.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Dec 19, 2013 10:47 AM

Apr 2012
Please someone end this...So painful to...watch...I Want my mummy!!!!
Jan 10, 2014 2:07 AM

Oct 2013
wow even at the 6th episode, he seemed to have did some progress, and now in the 7th episode, nothing.... its so frustating, cant believe this...... its copy/paste at 99.9%.......
Mar 20, 2014 5:39 PM

Nov 2012
Gotta admit, this was a pretty boring episode. Wished there was something more unique like the previous episode.
Apr 24, 2014 11:06 PM

Dec 2010
Wow, my troll guess was actually right, are you fkin kidding me? I guess I'm gonna do my summer homework from now on.
May 8, 2014 7:34 PM

Apr 2014
I keep waiting for him to say something to her before she walks out, but he doesn't! :P
Aug 30, 2014 8:37 PM

Oct 2013
After 6 episodes, I'm finally realizing... why aren't they trying something, anything, to fix this? They just sit there and let her leave, knowing it's going to repeat again and again. I mean, shit, when Kyon was realizing the problem right as Haruhi was walking behind him, why didn't he just grab her and kiss her? AT LEAST IT'S SOMETHING. IT'S WORTH A TRY. WORST CASE SCENARIO IS IT DOESN'T WORK AND NOBODY REMEMBERS ANYTHING ANYWAY.

Only 2 episodes left. This is definitely getting old by this point; I had most of this episode playing in the background.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 16, 2014 6:44 AM

Dec 2013
Yawn (The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part Two)
Mar 19, 2015 8:08 PM

Jun 2013
KYON-KUN, DENWA.

2 more episodes to go before this Endless Eight arc ends.
Apr 21, 2015 6:43 PM
Jun 2013
this was one of the funnier episodes.
Jun 28, 2015 6:26 PM
Jul 2014
I am so furious...
Oct 9, 2015 3:24 PM
Feb 2015
"Kyon-kun, denwa"

Plz just stfu imouto
Feb 20, 2016 6:32 AM

Jan 2013
[Watching in broadcast order]

AyXiit said:
"Kyon-kun, denwa"

Plz just stfu imouto

I laughed way too hard at this :D

First time we Kyon not standing up when Haruhi leaves at the end.
Aug 26, 2016 6:39 AM

Mar 2015
Chrono

2nd episode of Movie making. I love how Haruhi doing embarassing stuff when they film, LOL.
Sigh Arc is really sigh.

3.3/5
Jun 25, 2017 9:23 PM
Sep 2015
I only have one question - if they've had 6 separate jobs, why are they only having the one in these episodes?
Aug 16, 2017 5:38 AM

Jul 2008
Haruhi can really be a total bitch sometimes, example: director Haruhi.
Dec 19, 2017 11:15 PM

Sep 2013
Not a bad episode. I'm really curious to see what their movie will be like.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 17, 2018 10:01 AM

Apr 2017
Kyon-kun, denwa.
cunnysseur
May 23, 2019 7:32 PM
Apr 2018
Lol, even the MAL episode synopsis is getting shorter.

Now, to the episode. As the arc continues, it intrigues me how passive the characters are, except for Nagato. Since they know that by the end of summer, Haruhi will not be satisfied, they don't seem to try anything different or more things to do, they don't search for more options. Granted, after the reveal they go along with Haruhi's plans, possibly to try to please her, however, they could've asked Nagato if following her plans had made a difference before.

Also, why does Nagato keep on catching bugs that are not cicadas? Does she have to pretend the loop has never happened?
Mar 16, 2021 6:42 PM

Jun 2014
So, first commercials, and now they're shooting the movie. Mikuru seems to be a little too shy to pull any of it off, though.

Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

292 by Generose »»
Apr 12, 11:11 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CinemaZebra - Aug 5, 2009

535 by Unoriginality »»
Apr 11, 9:07 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 30, 2009

276 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:45 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 16, 2009

470 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 10:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.