Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »
Nov 24, 2012 1:16 PM

Aug 2007
Well... finally Asuna got out of that cage...
Nov 25, 2012 2:55 PM

Jul 2012
The best part of this episode for me: Asuna escapes! Plus, the fighting scenes weren't too shabby either^^
Nov 26, 2012 9:08 PM

Feb 2008
Basically, Kirito is the strongest player in ALO now. Cool. The animation during the fight wasn't cool though.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Nov 29, 2012 4:04 PM

Mar 2012
Great episode. Some ecchi moments. The very ending made me very happy. I hope ending won't be screwed up
Epic ending dialogue. Show must go on, 21 now ;].
Nov 29, 2012 10:14 PM
Feb 2012
This show is slipping and episode 20 is really showing why.

The first 18 or so episodes, Kirito had a clear motive - survival for both himself and his peers in 1 - 14. Saving his true love from a the fate of a forced marriage to a shitbag creeper who cares more about his penis than her happiness in 15 - 18. I don't really know what he's been doing for the past two episodes, though, because he's essentially been wasting time that he should have been spending accomplishing his "current goal" - by doing what he's been doing for the whole show. I guess I understand why people aren't complaining about that because for some reason the rules of plot don't seem to apply to the world of anime, but that's a huge problem to me.

Kirito wasn't just playing a video game for the first 14 episodes, he was trying so save lives - including his own. Right now, he IS just playing a video game, and the super-serious light that the show tries to cast this fact in is honestly just a metaphorical handjob to the shonen junkies. I loved SAO from the get-go because it combined a fresh idea with - get this - intelligent storytelling. And right now a major part of that knock-out combo is just being left for dead. With the sheer number of people who don't seem to have a problem with this, I feel rather lonely.

Hate me for my opinion if you want, I really want to be wrong about this show going rotten because it started off so ridiculously good.
Dec 2, 2012 2:30 PM
Mar 2012
This episode shows yet again how every chick in the show wants his dick for some reason.
Dec 4, 2012 7:01 PM

Feb 2012
Asuna's escape seems a bit too easy.. We'll see what happens!
Dec 14, 2012 4:47 AM

Jan 2012
Nice fight!
Dec 23, 2012 2:37 AM

Sep 2011
Dual swords are back!
Dec 25, 2012 1:52 PM

May 2012
Amazing episode, what power he holds! And with that clear he's back on his path to reach his goal! The ending was quite funny especially the slight fservice :p

But damn nice Asuna managed to escape, I wonder how far she'll get!
Dec 28, 2012 1:38 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
EPIC EPIC EPIC!!! *CLAPS HANDS! (been clapping for like every almost ep XD) THE LEGENDARY SAO HERO KIRITO! That was a FEROCIOUS BATTLE! LOOOL Kirito getting all the Girls HAHA!!! AND Asuna escapes!!! Very Climatic!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 31, 2012 4:02 AM

Nov 2012
Wow, it's gonna suck for Leafa figures out that not only is he her brother, but he's married. xD
Jan 2, 2013 1:00 AM

Feb 2010
I read some doujin with Silica as a neko. So is she going to show up in that race of nekos? : D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2013 11:16 PM

May 2012
Oh look, more Kirito being OP.

Honestly I'm getting pretty tired of him beating everyone and everything. I don't know, maybe it's just me but in an anime with a lot of combat I find it hard to get into it if the mc doesn't lose a few times. Then I want to see them rise to the challenge and defeat the enemy. So far only one to beat him was Heathcliff and even that was through a fluke.

I can accept him beating the Salamander General since his stats carried over(even if he did have crappy equips and the General had a beastly sword) but why exactly was he able to dual wield? I thought right when he first logged in it was removed. Sorry if this was asked before.
Jan 19, 2013 12:43 AM

Apr 2012
gettogaara said:

Honestly I'm getting pretty tired of him beating everyone and everything. I don't know, maybe it's just me but in an anime with a lot of combat I find it hard to get into it if the mc doesn't lose a few times. Then I want to see them rise to the challenge and defeat the enemy. So far only one to beat him was Heathcliff and even that was through a fluke.

I can accept him beating the Salamander General since his stats carried over(even if he did have crappy equips and the General had a beastly sword) but why exactly was he able to dual wield? I thought right when he first logged in it was removed. Sorry if this was asked before.

Because for some contrived reason, he was able to replicate the feeling of dual wielding despite there being nothing of the sort in the coding.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jan 19, 2013 3:19 AM
Sep 2011
gettogaara said:

There are no sword skills in ALO, so players can use weapons as they like. It's as hard to use dual wield in ALO, as in reality, but due to SAO experience Kirito can use 2 swords simultaneously.
Jan 19, 2013 4:53 PM

May 2012
@BloodRequiem
The guy just defies logic in any game he enters apparently lol.

@Xaliuss
Do they actually explain this in the novel or are you taking a guess? I mean, I know they don't have any sword attack skills but I remember seeing the actual skill to use the weapons for one handed sword along with some others when he first logged in. If that's the case he could have just bought a second sword and dual wielded anytime he wanted.
Jan 19, 2013 9:40 PM

Sep 2012
Hmm pretty interesting episode. Looks like Asuna got out and is now on her way to search for him.
Jan 20, 2013 1:25 AM
Oct 2012
gettogaara said:
@BloodRequiem
The guy just defies logic in any game he enters apparently lol.

@Xaliuss
Do they actually explain this in the novel or are you taking a guess? I mean, I know they don't have any sword attack skills but I remember seeing the actual skill to use the weapons for one handed sword along with some others when he first logged in. If that's the case he could have just bought a second sword and dual wielded anytime he wanted.

Yes, the game mechanics regarding skills are explained in detail in the novels.

The <dual wield> skill in SAO wasn't needed to hold two weapons, just like the <one handed sword> skill wasn't needed to wield one weapon. These skills gave boni to weapon damage and attack speed and the most important thing, they allowed players to use sword skills with these weapons.

Anyone could have used two swords, even in SAO, but he would have to fight without system assist and the game revolved around system assisted sword skills which were faster and did more damage than attacking on your own. The <dual wield> skill allowed the player to use sword skills, like Kirito's Starburst Stream, while dual wielding.

ALO doesn't have system assisted sword skills, combat completely relies on your own abilities, so there is no penalty for dual wielding if you have the ability to use two swords effectively.
Mar 2, 2013 7:07 AM

Dec 2010
Kirito's fight was kickass and I love how well he played his hand. I still wonder why did that red soldier lied to his General. Hm-m-m. Perhaps he'll ask favor from Kirito later.
Mar 7, 2013 4:23 PM

Sep 2011
Pretty nice fight there (with that epic song of course). I liked that he used dual wield again.

Btw, where the hell did Kirito get all that money? Did they hunt this much while going to Yggdrasil, or was it a reward for killing Eugene?

A bit too much fanservice in this episode though :/

Asuna should just jump the fuck off that tree, that's probably the fastest way down. I really hope she doesn't want to face that guy, she has probably no chance against the admin at all.
RazielZeroMar 7, 2013 4:33 PM
Mar 9, 2013 3:23 AM
Sep 2011
RazielZero said:

Btw, where the hell did Kirito get all that money? Did they hunt this much while going to Yggdrasil, or was it a reward for killing Eugene?

Money transferred from SAO. Items were broken, money is stored like number, so no problems here.
Mar 9, 2013 4:51 AM

Sep 2011
Xaliuss said:
RazielZero said:

Money transferred from SAO. Items were broken, money is stored like number, so no problems here.

Ah, I see. Makes sense. Thanks!
Mar 26, 2013 4:14 PM

Oct 2009
halberdiers said:

They should have spent less time trying to provide fan service at every damn possible moment (what with all dat ass and breasts shots) and more on the action scenes where the flying looks awkward and action choreography is replaced with spamming flashes of lights.

Cant agree more!

May 28, 2013 4:41 PM

Aug 2009
only thing splendid are dem racks LOL
Jun 13, 2013 12:32 PM

Mar 2012
I'm getting a bit tired of the plot's simplicity now... I love the focus on it, but there's no real depth to the characters, any memorable moments or even decent fight scenes. it's even getting a little fan service-y at times. Hopefully SAO gets somewhere more substantial soon enough. 7/10.
Jun 17, 2013 8:11 PM
Jun 2013
Ok i admit the fight between the general Salamander was good how Kirito somehow, dunno how he got the skill back (asspull) got the dual sword wielding technique back and managed to overpower him but the whole anime seems a bit rushed and over dramatic for me so far aye
Aug 4, 2013 9:40 AM

Jun 2013
only problem with asuna escaping is that if she gets away, how will kirito find her?

Aug 17, 2013 11:36 AM
Aug 2013
can anyone tell me wat the music at the end of the episode is whe asuna is breaking out thanks
Aug 21, 2013 9:10 AM

Nov 2012
I wish Asuna would've shown less hesitation and more passion to escape when she got out. I would've liked to see her running/flying whilst thinking, not standing there. But overall a great episode.
Sep 25, 2013 3:20 AM

Jan 2013
Hstar said:
I wish Asuna would've shown less hesitation and more passion to escape when she got out. I would've liked to see her running/flying whilst thinking, not standing there. But overall a great episode.
Reading your comment... yeah that wouldn't have been bad at all.
She escaped, and Kirito building up the fangirls again :)
Oct 27, 2013 2:53 AM

Jul 2007
Boba_Fett said:
Amazing episode, what power he holds! And with that clear he's back on his path to reach his goal! The ending was quite funny especially the slight fservice :p

But damn nice Asuna managed to escape, I wonder how far she'll get!

That was freaken awesome. He utilized his dual swords that he learned in SAO to take down the general. His ambition towards his goals never ceases to amaze me. I guess thats what happens when your stuck in a game world for over 2 years of your life. It mentally changes you, to where its hard to differentiate between the game world and reality.

Now Asana has finally escaped :D

Oct 28, 2013 12:28 PM
Jul 2018
Dual Sword Kirito is back!... for a little bit D:
Asuna has now escaped! Now how will Kirito find her O: Time to watch the next ep. I guess.
Nov 4, 2013 7:06 AM

Oct 2011
The fight was cool! Glad to see Kirito won it. Now that Asuna's escaped, that changes everything.
Nov 30, 2013 4:41 PM

May 2013
Yeyyy, Kirito's Dual Blades move x]

but yeah, no cheating on Asuna, Kirito! >;P
Jan 5, 2014 7:40 PM

Dec 2009
Looks like the world tree assault will begin soon with all the money Kirito is giving to the alliance. It'll be interesting to see how they go about it.

And Kirito proving he is the best once again. I don't know what's with the hate, I'm really enjoying the animations. Looks like Asuna won't give up either. Marathon is not stopping!
Jan 14, 2014 1:17 PM

Jul 2013
Awesome aerial fight scene!

I loved how Leafa was jealous, we've all been there with a guy who doesn't really know we're interested lol.

Where's Asuna gonna go now?
Jan 27, 2014 5:23 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Run Asuna, run...

I thought Leafa was stacked until Sakuya showed up
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 28, 2014 5:31 AM
Jul 2013
The way how Kirito manages to kill the general of the Salamander was great.
Feb 28, 2014 12:58 PM

Aug 2013
That fight against the general was pretty cool. It was very intense.

Kirito bluff was great, they really are stupid xD

Poor Suguha, friendzoned in any realm :P

Those two teaser girls... Asuna would have been mad xD

Kirito is really guilible, giving all that money. Isn't it Leafa that said that alliance were always weak because only one race can be granted the ultimate flying skill?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 31, 2014 6:15 PM

Oct 2013
U'd better not be cheating Kirito! Asuna is waiting
May 12, 2014 10:53 PM

Jan 2014
A cool fight Kirito-kun =)
Asuna fled! Yey ^___^
Jun 18, 2014 9:09 AM

Oct 2013
Nice,all the bitches want Kirito but he's heart belongs to Asuna which she escaped.

Jul 12, 2014 8:54 PM
May 2014
Mach speed running. Shouldn't he use that in combat? There were only three of those shield users on the bridge. Dart around them and kill the casters... sheesh.

Well starting off Kirito taking out the most powerful gamer was kind of nice. One does not simply kill the strongest player from SAO.
Lol Sith Cats using the Dark Side of the Force.

Sex Appeal vs Kirito. Winner: His sister.

Lol at how rich Kirito is xD Does he have more? And where did he get it .-.

And with Asuna, shouldn't Sugou have a basic admin "Teleport to Player" option?
Jul 13, 2014 2:52 AM

Jul 2008
Now that was an awesome duel, about time he could dual wield again. And Asuna has pulled an escape. Time to get her back! But why do I think it won't be that easy?
Jul 17, 2014 12:23 PM
Jan 2010
gary's harem grows by the day
Jul 17, 2014 7:04 PM

Feb 2012
Breast bounce

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 18, 2014 12:07 PM

Aug 2008
Marzan said:
I thought Leafa was stacked until Sakuya showed up

Ahaha.

Sakuya man, damn.

The fight was pretty awesome.
Aug 10, 2014 10:16 PM

May 2013
Damn. Kirito made an entrance.
And he freakin' made General Eugene exit.
Dual Blades is life.

Oh my, Asuna escaped her cage!
Run, Asuna, run!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Pages (13) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »

More topics from this board

» Best anime ? ( 1 2 )

inthelovedotorg - Jun 11

89 by PovZahraa »»
30 minutes ago

» Can someone explain?

infinite_Shadows - Jun 3

19 by nasralkhatib »»
Jun 8, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1446 by kosarzek »»
Jun 6, 7:11 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

74 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 4, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

1269 by Hesmiyu »»
Jun 4, 7:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.