Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 4, 2013 11:02 AM

Apr 2010
This anime is so underrated lol

Aug 4, 2013 11:21 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Akamitsu said:

Underrated would be an understatement.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 4, 2013 11:33 AM

Jul 2007
wakka9ca said:
Akamitsu said:

Yep, its,arguably one of the best things airing this season and yet 99% of MAL treats it like shit.
Aug 4, 2013 1:09 PM

Feb 2011
At last Saber (^▽^) Hope we'll see her more, then in 1 episode she rules))) Oh, and cause of her appearance I can't wait for the next episode (˘ʃƪ˘)
Aug 4, 2013 1:31 PM
Apr 2011
I wonder if Hercules would be in his corrupted form. And I wonder whether Assassin would be true or fake. And hell, who will be Lancer and who will be Archer (probably GILGAMESH!!!!!)? Thoughts anyone?
Aug 4, 2013 2:01 PM

Aug 2009
trannon1 said:
I wonder if Hercules would be in his corrupted form. And I wonder whether Assassin would be true or fake. And hell, who will be Lancer and who will be Archer (probably GILGAMESH!!!!!)? Thoughts anyone?
If you noticed they already captured BroLancer and GArcher.
Aug 4, 2013 7:19 PM

Feb 2012
The animations were beautiful.

It's too bad most of MAL didn't give this a chance and gave it a low score based on the first 2-3 eps.
Aug 5, 2013 1:17 AM

Aug 2008
But if those Class Cards only reproduce Noble Phantasms of Heroic Spirits, then doesn't that mean Archer's is useless? I mean, without the Reality Marble of that Archer then all you can summon is just that bow which is nothing special. What's special is what he uses as ammo, which comes from UBW.
Then that means only Miyu will be pulling off the kills with Gae Bolg since Illya doesn't have any specials.
Unless Reality Marbles CAN be used as well.
Aug 5, 2013 3:32 AM

Aug 2009
Genix said:
But if those Class Cards only reproduce Noble Phantasms of Heroic Spirits, then doesn't that mean Archer's is useless? I mean, without the Reality Marble of that Archer then all you can summon is just that bow which is nothing special. What's special is what he uses as ammo, which comes from UBW.
Then that means only Miyu will be pulling off the kills with Gae Bolg since Illya doesn't have any specials.
Unless Reality Marbles CAN be used as well.
Just wait and see.Too bad that the next ep will be in shitty quality again.
Aug 5, 2013 7:47 AM

Sep 2012
That was a pretty good fight. The first one had been meh, I wasn't expecting this.

Fai said:
wakka9ca said:
Akamitsu said:

Yep, its,arguably one of the best things airing this season and yet 99% of MAL treats it like shit.

I don't know if it gets better later, but for now there's nothing THAT great about it. The bests of the season are still Kamisama and WataMote.
Aug 5, 2013 9:58 AM

Jul 2009
Litrydow said:
That was a pretty good fight. The first one had been meh, I wasn't expecting this.

Fai said:
wakka9ca said:
Akamitsu said:

I don't know if it gets better later, but for now there's nothing THAT great about it. The bests of the season are still Kamisama and WataMote.

it will be. I think most of ppl who think it is underrated have read season 1 and 2 of the manga at least.
bruh
Aug 5, 2013 12:31 PM

Jun 2012
Wow, that was a nice episode, they worked together and all.

Aug 5, 2013 4:49 PM

Jan 2013
Not bad.
I'm just not into this anime
Aug 5, 2013 5:03 PM

Aug 2010
Stark700 said:
I got a question about power level. Who is stronger:

Saber Alter or Zero Archer?

Gilgamesh is the strongest servant period.

Saber alter is here! Shit's about to go down. I'm really hoping they adapt Zwei and Drei because I find them much better than the first season.
Aug 6, 2013 2:59 AM

Aug 2009
Ragna92 said:
Stark700 said:

Saber alter is here! Shit's about to go down. I'm really hoping they adapt Zwei and Drei because I find them much better than the first season.
I wonder why.
Aug 6, 2013 4:04 AM

Apr 2012
Oh shit it's Saber alter.
Aug 6, 2013 7:38 PM

Sep 2011
Ragna92 said:

i dont know man ive read some stuff that Karna (Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/Extra CCC) is on par with Gil.
Aug 7, 2013 2:27 AM

Jul 2007
Brigandi said:
Ragna92 said:

i dont know man ive read some stuff that Karna (Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/Extra CCC) is on par with Gil.

Lancer of The Red might rival Gil in power BUT he is divine as fuck, which means that Gil can just throw lolchains at him.
Aug 7, 2013 2:41 AM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
Brigandi said:
Ragna92 said:

Lancer of The Red might rival Gil in power BUT he is divine as fuck, which means that Gil can just throw lolchains at him.
There is also Word of God and some other stuff that place Gil above him anyway.
Aug 7, 2013 8:40 AM

Sep 2011
oh yeah forgot to mention Enkidu, Gil's best friend and equal
Brigs77Aug 7, 2013 8:54 AM
Aug 8, 2013 8:21 AM

Oct 2012
Nice episode but damn that card was cheating, teleportation it ain't fair (XD), great combo/team work to end the fight and that ending alter saber ... yes.
Aug 11, 2013 12:20 AM

Jun 2008
lol wait...

Miyu can't come to grips with flying because she has a logical brain that denies her the ability to "imagine" flying since it violates so many of our laws including physics, nature, and thermodynamics.

HOWEVER....

She clearly didn't have a problem with a talking stick which magically gave her "powers" to fight beings which are not of this world or dimension.

Ok.

Gotta love Anime logic.
Aug 11, 2013 1:49 AM

Jul 2007
JustALEX said:
lol wait...

Miyu can't come to grips with flying because she has a logical brain that denies her the ability to "imagine" flying since it violates so many of our laws including physics, nature, and thermodynamics.

HOWEVER....

She clearly didn't have a problem with a talking stick which magically gave her "powers" to fight beings which are not of this world or dimension.

Ok.

Gotta love Anime logic.

She knows how magecraft works and Kaleidosticks have clear origins in being created by Zelretch.

Otherworldly beings are everyday reality of magi and for magi, magecraft is quite close to science - since it achieves similar things and is limited be what it can't achieve(which is what separates it from true magic).

Summoning a freaking cthulhu? Making yourself a second body out of dolls? Sacrificing orphansvirgins to the elder gods? Creating prana eating worms? Reanimating the dead? A normal day in the office.

However since Kaleidosticks are created by Zelretch, they are created under similar principle as all of his shit, hence bordering on Second Magic, far closer to the impossible.

All of magecraft requires knowledge of how to perform it and mental fortitude to not screw it up. Magi train years and years honing their skills.

Flight requires ONLY mental state. It does not have any sort of theory, which is nigh unlikely in terms of most of magecraft. So for normal magus, its hard to achieve and for Miyuu, doing something without grasping the concept behind it, seems psychologically impossible.
Aug 11, 2013 6:38 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
JustALEX said:

Talking to a stick is like talking to an AI which is still bound by normal rules of physics. Dimension travel again can be something you can find in theoretical physics.

Fai said:
Flight requires ONLY mental state. It does not have any sort of theory, which is nigh unlikely in terms of most of magecraft. So for normal magus, its hard to achieve and for Miyuu, doing something without grasping the concept behind it, seems psychologically impossible.

Yes. This is flight that nearly completely ignores physics. There is no even much aerodynamic laws applied no mention basic mechanics of flight. The flight by Illya is literally WARPING REALITY BY MERE THOUGHTS.

Although one can argue that this can also have some form of "physics" explanation (i.e. Illya's interpretation would be like an observer effect on a local manifestation of the many-world theory, allowing the laws of physics to completely change)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 12, 2013 4:06 PM

Nov 2010
Quite interesting how Miyu considers flying to be impossible because she can only think in terms of laws of physics, but has absolutely no qualms with shooting ultra powerful beams of concentrated energy that could never be explained with physics, given the size of the Kaleid Staves of whatstheirface.

But then again, as Ilya said, "it's anime, don't think too hard about it".
Aug 12, 2013 5:34 PM

Jul 2007
Kelvets said:
Quite interesting how Miyu considers flying to be impossible because she can only think in terms of laws of physics, but has absolutely no qualms with shooting ultra powerful beams of concentrated energy that could never be explained with physics, given the size of the Kaleid Staves of whatstheirface.

But then again, as Ilya said, "it's anime, don't think too hard about it".

Already answered right above you

The said "beams" still follow laws of logic just like everything in magecraft does and they already gave explanation of how the said sticks can do that.

Flight however is far harder to grasp due to the fact of it containing no logical coherence. It happens simply because the user feels that way, which is very hard to grasp for a magus and nigh impossible for Miyu.
Aug 13, 2013 5:02 PM

May 2011
Illya is just too damn cute whenever she panics or get embarrassed. And haha it was hilarious to watch Miyu put on that look of hers and deny the logic of flying. Lmao'd hard at her getting adorably kicked off the plane while in the middle of that sentence as well.

That Saber at the end looks like a complete beast.
Aug 14, 2013 4:51 PM

Sep 2012
great animations this ep,

i think thats pretty creative the way they gave Miyu chan her "flying" ability,
Aug 30, 2013 3:22 AM

May 2012
00:22 Oh my Luviachan's so cute <3

13:00 imaSine? lol

Sebaa!!!!
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 26, 2013 7:21 PM

Jan 2011
Perfect episode.
Sep 29, 2013 9:30 AM
Mar 2010
Really good episode and it was great to see Saber Alter finally get animated. Expecting a few dark twists now which will be nice to see.
Oct 9, 2013 11:55 PM

Sep 2011
And that's why I fucking love Gae Bolg.

Oct 14, 2013 10:21 PM

Oct 2012
Don't think! Imagine xD

I just hoping there's some heroic spirits from F/Z series
Up till now it's just from F/SN

Wow, it's Alter Saber!

JustALEX said:
lol wait...

HOWEVER....

Ok.

Gotta love Anime logic.

Lol, maybe she believed it as esper powers?

Ragna92 said:
Stark700 said:

I don't know what Noble Phantasm Alter Saber had.. but Arthur Saber did defeat Gil.. right?
"Signature removed"
Oct 15, 2013 12:18 AM

Aug 2009
Ray_Light said:

Ragna92 said:
Stark700 said:

I don't know what Noble Phantasm Alter Saber had.. but Arthur Saber did defeat Gil.. right?

Yes because he was holding back and because she got a hax NP out of nowhere.
Oct 28, 2013 6:11 PM

Apr 2011
Saber looks badass as hell! I'm enjoying this series much more than I thought I would, and I'm a lolicon who has a major crush on Ilya so I already had high expectations. I thought it would be a lot more goofy than it is, instead it's just the right mix of cute antics and killer action sequences. It definitely has a more lighthearted feel to it than FSN or FZ, and WAY more than UBW. I love the way they turned the Servants into cards for the girls to capture and exploit. I hope Miyu gives Ilya the Caster card tho, until Ilya learns how to manifest an arrow with Archer she doesn't have any useful cards. And against Badass Saber Alter, they're gonna need all the help they can get.

I kinda can't wait for Ilya to go up against Berserker, it'll be interesting to see if they form some kind of connection or it'll just be an all-out fight against her Servant from another universe ...
Apr 8, 2014 6:48 PM

Jan 2013
Illya to cute :3
The fight was awesome but it was changed in a few points comparing to manga,still they got it.Finally Saber Alter :D Now the real fight is going to begin.
Oh yeah Miyu is starting to get that she can't bet a tsundere ahaha xD
That Illya picture/image in the end...was to damn cute <3
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 31, 2014 11:32 AM

Oct 2013
WOW saber looks bad ass!! kind of reminds me of nightmare from soul calibur crazy visuals in this ep
lol really liked this one was very funny ^ ^
[/quote]
Jun 10, 2014 3:16 PM

Jul 2013
IT IS SABER :3
(she looks a bit corny with those glasses or whatever they are, though)

ilya has a pink dress and has a bow :)
Jun 11, 2014 11:10 AM

Jul 2007
retepeters said:
IT IS SABER :3
(she looks a bit corny with those glasses or whatever they are, though)

Its a headplate. Annd she had it for 11 years already since Alter's first appearance in the VN.

Normal Saber also has it but chooses not to wear it.

ilya has a pink dress and has a bow :)

And she had it 4 years before Urobuchi farted out Madoka.
Annnd, Archer had that bow ~11 years before Urobuchi farted out Madoka.
Jun 19, 2014 2:12 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

I resume this series also, what to say ... WOW! Narrative that gave almost taken for granted, then gradually became very, very good, nice mix of comedy and fighting.
Finally, a good episode.
Drawings and animations of high level, almost did not believe it at the beginning of the series.
The episode had a high load moe, oh my! XD
I can not wait to see the next episode! :D
Jun 26, 2014 1:09 AM

Apr 2012
damn what is that?
saber zerker fusion? :O

Jun 26, 2014 6:27 AM

Sep 2013
It's Saber Alter.

Jun 26, 2014 10:04 AM

Jul 2007
C-Core said:
It's Saber Alter.

THe visual novel that is. NOt the shitty adaptation.
Jun 26, 2014 12:44 PM

Sep 2013
Dude, you don't have to try to be THAT specific AND shit on DEEN's adaptation at every. Fucking. Opportunity. We get it, you hate it, it's getting annoying. I didn't put in the spoiler tags for no reason.
CapsuleCoreJun 26, 2014 12:59 PM
Jun 26, 2014 2:54 PM

Nov 2013
C-Core said:
Dude, you don't have to try to be THAT specific AND shit on DEEN's adaptation at every. Fucking. Opportunity. We get it, you hate it, it's getting annoying. I didn't put in the spoiler tags for no reason.
Uhhhm yeah.. He actually has to you should know that by now :p
Jun 26, 2014 4:27 PM

Jul 2007
C-Core said:

Stating that Alter appears in FSN would cause anime only casual to be VERY confused. Stating that it does is not FSN he/she knows makes sense.

That's like going to F0 anime thread and going "Hey guyse, remember that time Zouken talked about the nature of the grail, eeh ehe he?"
Jun 26, 2014 10:06 PM

Sep 2013
Fai said:

Stating that Alter appears in FSN would cause anime only casual to be VERY confused. Stating that it does is not FSN he/she knows makes sense.

That's like going to F0 anime thread and going "Hey guyse, remember that time Zouken talked about the nature of the grail, eeh ehe he?"

Apples and oranges, but whatever. I wouldn't have used spoiler tags if it's not considered a spoiler to him. Anyone who uses his or her brain will in most cases understand, when there are a FSN-anime and the original FSN-VN-source. Unless you automatically assume people are braindead and act like Shirou at the beginning all ?!?!?. Well, I don't.

And in many other threads when people have questions and someone already answered, there are times where you go (paraphrased):

To be exact...
To be exact... shitty DEEN...

That is unnecessary. And annoying. It's fine if the answer is wrong or you want to point out how the anime adaption may have given a wrong impression, so you merely want to correct things, but lots of times, you don't. It makes you seem very petty and pedantic, which I don't want to think you are.
Jun 26, 2014 10:18 PM

Aug 2009
Good to see that we dont need to wait even for 2wei to fight among us have a heated discussion.

Typical, good(?) old TM threads.
Jun 26, 2014 10:33 PM

Sep 2013
This forum is at least better than 4chan or Youtube. I think.
Jun 27, 2014 12:46 AM

Nov 2013
ssjokg said:
Good to see that we dont need to wait even for 2wei to fight among us have a heated discussion.

Typical, good(?) old TM threads.

That pic in your profile > these discussions though :p

.. Oh wait that's actually what happens here....
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

224 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 17, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

157 by C3L3RY »»
Oct 1, 2023 6:43 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

74 by Apreggi »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:15 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

304 by Apreggi »»
Aug 26, 2023 8:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.