Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 29, 2021 11:14 PM
Jul 2018
Wtf was that? Seems like the creators are planning another season
Jun 29, 2021 11:20 PM
Jan 2015
I'll begin with this: 2/10.
Because regardless of anything I say later on, I respect the artists (despite their apparent inability to properly animate any character running or walking AWAY from the camera) and seiyuu and loved the soundtrack enough to give it one point more than the bare minimum.

Those who made sure to stay after the credits will know that we get some art and the main cast saying "The end". To me, this means there will NOT be a S2 or OVA or whatnot. Keeping that in mind, let me air my grievances and simultaneously provide context for that '2/10' with issues that stood out to me.

First, in retrospect, it feels as though we were lied to about the resurrection of the various friends. The last episode or so of the first season clearly attempted to tell us that the main characters were basically fighting for naught. IMO it was pretty clear that their friends would not be returning to the real world. Even if you claim that these friends didn't actually return, but our MCs were transported to a parallel world, there is absolutely no foreshadowing or explanation regarding how or why this happened.

Second, when we were left at the end of season 1, Momoe had seemingly ended her friendship with Ai. Now we find that they are all 'buddy-buddy' again and have mended that rift? It feels like a massive chunk of character development was cut between these two points.

Third, the setup in the season 1 finale would lead you to believe that one or more of our main cast would be having thoughts about finding a way to fight Frill, but no. Frill is basically put to the side until the last few seconds, at which point she doesn't resume at the main antagonist. Instead, it seems that the main issue is rescuing Neiru and that Frill is kinda just reason for this, if that makes any sense. I guess something comparable would be playing a Mario game where Princess Peach was kidnapped by Bowser, but at no time during the game will you have to fight bowser. (I'm not saying that's what this is, but it gives me the same feeling.)

This special needlessly complicated the show and felt like a continual series of plotpoints/twists that would have more appropriately been rolled out over the course of a second season. As such, it felt like a disjointed mess created by amateur storytellers (specifically "middle-schoolers") who kept saying "BUT WAIT!!! THERE'S MORE!!!" only to find themselves out of space for a proper ending... but on purpose. It almost feels like a metaphorical kick to the nuts by CloverWorks and that they don't really give a damn about the fans of their recent critical and commercial darling.

At this point, I feel slightly tired and have a bit of a scrambled brain from trying to unpack what I just watched, so my apologies for any errors or confusing statements I may have made!
Jun 29, 2021 11:26 PM
Jun 2020
thiago52192 said:
I had hopes it wouldn't be like The End of Evangelion, like just introduce new stuff and reject explaining the mysteries. But judging by the comments it's precisely what they did.

EoE didn't introduce new stuff EoE makes a lot of sense lol
Jun 29, 2021 11:37 PM
Jun 2012
I can assure you guys there won't be any season 2. After the ending, you have a endcard with the characters saying « The end ! ». The producers wouldn't have put it there if they had any hope of a sequel.

And so, nothing is ended. They really tossed the whole plot under the bed. Artificial criminal being monster that is a threat that the girl are the hope in other to fight it ? naaaah let's just add Neiru to that threat and do as if that part didn't existed.
Jun 29, 2021 11:43 PM

Jul 2020
So we waited 3 months for...this? Half of this special was a pointless recap and the other half doesn't even work as a finale. Honestly I don't even know what to say other than I'm incredibly disappointed.
Jun 29, 2021 11:45 PM

May 2021
HAHAHAHAHAH WHAT THE FUCK WAS THIS, I WILL GIVE IT A 2 BECAUSE I LOVE THE VISUALS BUT HOLYCRAP
I

have

never

felt

so

disappointed

Jun 29, 2021 11:47 PM
Feb 2021
what the absolute hell why was that so bad?? all it did was introduce new concepts and leave unanswered questions? and that's supposed to be the end???????
Jun 29, 2021 11:55 PM
Jul 2018
Ah, yes. Another CloverWorks anime with a bad ending.
Jun 29, 2021 11:56 PM

Aug 2018
I'm not even really mad. For one, I wasn't a big fan of season 1 to begin with nor I was I too invested. And two, the staff are being overworked and were rushed. Apparently one of the staff members had to go to the hospital a few months back. But if I was a huge fan of the series I would be pretty upset
Jun 30, 2021 12:26 AM

Nov 2012
Do modern anime writers just not know how to end anything anymore?
Jun 30, 2021 12:29 AM

Apr 2012
I understand correctly, they made a special episode to fix the bad ending and made it even worse? Hell, I deliberately did not add the series to the watched in order to watch it again with a special and draw a more objective conclusion.
Jun 30, 2021 12:30 AM

Dec 2020
wtf was the point of that ???? the aftermath of where they ended it last season? ok what did we accomplish then ???? they entered a parallel world, momo just wants to live her life normally, rika wants to fight again.. what abt ai? why the hell did she throw away her phone? no like genuinely why did she do it? this is so ?????? what ??
Jun 30, 2021 12:31 AM

Dec 2020
5.68 already lol, im so excited
Jun 30, 2021 12:46 AM
Mar 2020
Once again, Wonder Egg Priority left me with more questions than answers. They tried to tackle too much with the whole Frill arc. While it does give motive for Ura-Acca and Acca to start all of this (I guess), it happened way too late in the series to build off of. The fact that they had to add an hour and a half long (to an already short speical) is mind boggling. In this episode, they again bit off more than they could chew, making the whole parallel universe stuff and Neiru being kidnapped. While this does give way for a season 2, it could've easily been stuffed into the first episodes of a possible next season. Overall, a 4/10 for me since it flopped really hard and confused the fuck out of me.
Jun 30, 2021 12:57 AM
Feb 2019
My reaction is just. What?

I am not stupid and I have basic reading and watching comprehension. I understood every plot points and the story was easy to follow. Yes there were certain plot holes that quite frankly didn't make any sense. But since it has a special/ova that'll eventually come out then it's alright right? No. This ending confused the heck out on me. Ok neiru's not a human and won't come back. So now what? Are we going to have a season two? Well it did say that it was the end. Oh god no. Wonder egg priority is by no means a flawless anime. But it was by far my favorite anime of winter 2021 yes over aot. But the fact that you were itching for an ending that didn't eventually come is frustrating.
Jun 30, 2021 1:16 AM

Apr 2015
Oh wow, the early watchers weren't kidding at how bad this was. So basically half was a recap and the rest of the special episode brought up more questions instead of resolving anything. Neiru is apparently an AI, the "friends" who got reincarnated are from a parallel world, Koito actually died by slipping to her death so it technically wasn't even suicide, and Ai went from throwing phone after Neiru called --> time skip --> Ai changing her mind and deciding to rescue her? Wtf? That's so dumb. I mean I disliked the original 12 episodes of Wonder Egg Priority so this wasn't a big disappointment to me at all, but this was even worse than I thought it would be. If there's a second season I might change my mind, but with that end card, it's doubtful.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jun 30, 2021 1:20 AM
Pancake

Feb 2014
Thanks for the recap, forecast, more questions, and the non ending. I loved this show when it started but it went down hill pretty quick for me.... This special hurt me.
Jun 30, 2021 1:45 AM

Jan 2021
I wanted answers, not more questions... .-.
Jun 30, 2021 1:55 AM

May 2020
It was so close to being 10/10 but it fucked up in a recent episode leading to this disaster. It didn't even feel like an ending to me. I'm just so frustrated right now. I waited 3 months for this. FUCK just FUCK this anime.

Im never going to expect anything "GOOD" from Cloverworks again. They keep making us disappointed especially with that Promised Neverland S2. SMH!

Jun 30, 2021 2:08 AM

Feb 2021
Against my best intention on trying to appreciate the story as a mystery in crescendo, it quickly went downhill into the abyss of a pipe dream. And not in the good artistic way, but the non-sensical one.

This is the perfect example on how an "ending" taints the entire course, and funny thing it ain't even an ending. The amount of bs that comes outta nowhere is just too much and I don't think even a s2 would redeem it.

For me, it only keeps some score for the artistic value tbh
"The sun rises today and sets again. A flower that bloomed in the morning, falls from its stem. The sun sets today and rises again. Flowers bloom to fill the land, but not the flowers of yesterday..."

Jun 30, 2021 2:14 AM
Jan 2021
What even was this? It was getting ready for something good and ended like that... Wtf. I hope we get a proper ending or a second season after this.
Jun 30, 2021 2:17 AM
Jul 2020
I feel like after that ending, hoping for a season 2 is not that far fetched. And if a second season were to be made it would probably pick up from where the special left off.
Jun 30, 2021 2:18 AM
Jul 2020
its a pretty bad finale if a season 2 isnt coming, but if a season 2 is coming it would be nice to see it pick up from the end of the finale
Jun 30, 2021 2:19 AM

Aug 2020
I kinda liked the recap part of it, though yeah it might suck for people who are watching it back-back. This episode definitely gave more room for a potential S2 if they are wanting to go down that path, i'd support it and I think it would make more sense to do so (and the fans would enjoy it more).

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Jun 30, 2021 2:21 AM

Sep 2020
What the hell, nani sore?? Like what the heck did I just watched?
Why did they have to mess a masterpiece just like that?
Nani????
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Jun 30, 2021 2:42 AM
Mar 2018
Feels like if it had enough time to develop, maybe 24 episodes it might make sense.
Maybe story was longer but knowing there won't be second season, writers decided to just squeze as much as they can into ending and we got this.
like ynn was already doing pretty bad (w/ recap) so they just skipped through alot, to fit key scenes - but that made even less sense without proper development.
Jun 30, 2021 3:18 AM

Apr 2014
RobertBobert said:
I understand correctly, they made a special episode to fix the bad ending and made it even worse? Hell, I deliberately did not add the series to the watched in order to watch it again with a special and draw a more objective conclusion.

Given the production issues and there being a recap in the middle of the season, I kinda figured that what we got as episode 12 was never intended to be the ending, *this* was intended to be the ending but they didnt get it finished in time. Rather than it being new content created specifically in response to the reception of episode 12.
Jun 30, 2021 3:20 AM

Apr 2012
Magmafrost said:
RobertBobert said:

Given the production issues and there being a recap in the middle of the season, I kinda figured that what we got as episode 12 was never intended to be the ending, *this* was intended to be the ending but they didnt get it finished in time. Rather than it being new content created specifically in response to the reception of episode 12.

Does this still change anything?
Jun 30, 2021 3:23 AM

Apr 2014
RobertBobert said:
Magmafrost said:

Oh god no, its still an awful ending haha. I just dont think it was created specifically to 'fix' anything because what we got as ep12 was never the ending to begin with.
Jun 30, 2021 3:31 AM

Apr 2012
Magmafrost said:
RobertBobert said:

Oh god no, its still an awful ending haha. I just dont think it was created specifically to 'fix' anything because what we got as ep12 was never the ending to begin with.

I was referring to the very fact that a special episode was released. If the final finals were completely satisfactory to them, they would spend the day on it.
Jun 30, 2021 3:35 AM
Mar 2020
This was insultingly bad.
I have no words.
All those months to show the world this crap.

25 minutes of a recap, and a rushed story. Maybe the worst ending to a series I've ever seen
Jun 30, 2021 3:35 AM
Feb 2017
Before watching: 5.69!? Is this really that awful???
After watching: Oh well, fine.
Jun 30, 2021 3:38 AM
Jul 2018
What the heck...next thing you know they gonna reveal that Ai is actually also an AI, a superior one (with more complex emotions and thought patterns) created for the purpose of "defeating" Frill lmao.

A whole lot of buildup and the end result is...no definite conclusion whatsoever other than the fact that they achieved their inital objective of bringing the girls back from the dead. Rather than leave fantasy as fantasy, the last few episodes brought in "science and logic" to try to explain everything yet in this special episode that I had expected to bring a conclusion to those new story threads, nothing got resolved.

Even if a season 2 comes out, no way will I want to sit through another 12 episodes just for another open-ending (if it happens once, it can surely happen again to bait viewers into wanting a season 3).
Jun 30, 2021 3:45 AM

Dec 2015
ep13 was a turd in a punchbowl. nuff said.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Jun 30, 2021 3:50 AM

Feb 2019
Some way, somehow, I feel so reassured – and vindicated – to have dropped any hopes or expectations for this series by the time Frill's episode dropped, but I still had to watch this, if only to end the cycle and put this stinging disappointment to rest. It was buried with military honors.

Always rein in your crazy and actually-very-symbolic-if-you-look-deep-enough-for-it-and-do-all-the-thinking-for-us ideas during the brainstorming phase of writing, kids. Otherwise, you get this: 12 episodes with completely different tones and themes pre- and post-recap plus a special ending with one half of its length dedicated to another recap and the other half dedicated to changing everything yet again, because "we have way too many inspirations and ideas to fit properly into a TV series".
Jun 30, 2021 3:56 AM
Oct 2020
This finale was just a massive disappointment, should’ve just ended with 12 eps
Jun 30, 2021 3:56 AM

Apr 2019
Are you kidding? I waited 3 months for that???

Nothing was explained, the main plot line got dropped for no reason, the characters were horribly inconsistent. Absolutely atrocious, I'm so disappointed.
my life was made with mematic.
Jun 30, 2021 4:00 AM
Oct 2020
If it was a set up for season 2, then all good, great cliffhanger, but if not this is the biggest blunder of a wrap-up since I don't know, Tokyo Ghoul:Re or even better, Promised Neverland S2.
Man, I'm frustrated. (θ‿θ)
Jun 30, 2021 4:02 AM

Oct 2018
Thank you CloverWorks.

3 months waiting for a new recap.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jun 30, 2021 4:10 AM

Feb 2016
25 minute recap to a 45 minute episode, complete waste of time. The whole Neiru is a robot plot twist felt forced and completely irrelevant at this point of the story.
Jun 30, 2021 4:24 AM

Aug 2016
The first half was a recap, complain complain, it's almost like in Japan it's been 3 months since the final episode was on TV and they might need one.

Also the actually episode part was good, so the girls who they 'saved' are actually from another dimension, the pets were killed because I guess for it to happen its the pets or their own lives, probably part of why the two bros gave them to the girls.
So she was a robot huh, explains the stabbing, also seems like she's gone to the other side.
Happy with what we got, but hoping for a season 2.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Jun 30, 2021 4:32 AM
Jul 2018
My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined
Jun 30, 2021 4:51 AM
Aug 2013
I gave this a 2, then went back and changed my score of the original show to a 2.

Total waste of time. The other weird alternate dimension show of 2021 Winter, Otherside Picnic, had a weaker beginning, but ended up being the much better show. Watch that instead.
Jun 30, 2021 5:09 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Welp, that was disappointing to say the least. I'm lost as to what happened and I don't know if I can watch anymore if a season 2 is announced. So sad.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 30, 2021 5:10 AM

Mar 2016
RobertBobert said:
Magmafrost said:

I was referring to the very fact that a special episode was released. If the final finals were completely satisfactory to them, they would spend the day on it.

This episode was initially meant to be episode 12 and broadcast with the rest of the season, but due to production issues, the studio had to delay one of the episodes during the season and air a recap in its place. This caused them to run out of broadcasting slots, hence the three-month delay of this final episode.

In other words, they didn't make this episode because they were unsatisfied with the original ending and wanted to fix it. The original show never ended in the first place. It simply had its final episode, which was renamed as a special, delayed.
Jun 30, 2021 5:30 AM

Apr 2016
Man... Where is the whole Warriors of Eros have to defeat Thanatos go? Where's the climax?

This isn't a bad ending because this isn't an ending at all.

Post credit saying "the end" kills all hope for S2 or a movie, this is it. I am not a huge fan of the series but the perspective of a final showdown got me a bit excited, what a letdown.
Jun 30, 2021 5:30 AM
May 2016
deg said:
ok after watching with subs they just all jump to a parallel world or alternate timeline where their old friends that died are now alive on that new timeline but they all become strangers to each other eh

now Ai is gonna rescue Neiru (that jump on another timeline or parallel world too) that feels like an AI/robot rather than a human

is that Frill the original AI convince Neiru that she is an AI at heart too rather than a human?

are they playing with the word Ai as AI meaning robot and Ai as love in japanese translation?

Koito is a bad girl all along too lol and she accidentally killed herself too karma is bitch much?

and i guess in this new alternate timeline or parallel world the Mom of Ai and her handsome crush teacher (Mr. Sawaki) was never a romantic partner

also there is no Resurrection of the dead like promise by the Accas when they finish their mission its all about Parallel Worlds or Alternate Timeline jumping

welp an open ending and i do not mind a sequel

but ye like i previously said this is a huge anticlimactic ending too so i understand why its score is so low now

Is that really how you're supposed to understand it? I was so confused at first I thought Ai was in a parallel world until the end when she was talking to the two other girls, how were they still friends if everything else changed? Why wouldn't she answer the phone when Neiru DID call?
I still have so many questions, like with Frill and the "Fly" girls Dot etc.
Jun 30, 2021 6:10 AM

Dec 2020
what a waste of time, skip first half if u wanna watch it
Jun 30, 2021 6:25 AM

Nov 2016
FMmatron said:
People actually believe that the final episode will be enough to fix everything?

I underestimated the possibility to make a bad situation worse.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 30, 2021 6:36 AM

Jun 2020
I needed the recap lmao but just wasted 45 minutes of my life cuz none of this seemed worth it.
This anime shit is addictive
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why is this episode considered worse than the others?

Lucifrost - Aug 20, 2023

11 by Piromysl »»
Aug 27, 2023 2:14 PM

» So what disappointed you the most? ( 1 2 )

Tweaks - Jul 1, 2021

59 by abystoma2 »»
Jan 15, 2023 2:18 PM

» Really hoping this gets a sequel at some point

APolygons2 - Oct 6, 2022

8 by daff-quess »»
Oct 8, 2022 8:18 PM

» Change the Entry Picture request

RandomGuyScott - Aug 23, 2022

17 by pri_arts_ »»
Aug 24, 2022 8:16 AM

» So is this it, is the series over?

removed-user - Jul 8, 2021

11 by aku_mado »»
May 9, 2022 3:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.