Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 29, 2021 9:00 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The 1st half is a recap of the entire TV anime, the tidbits of the 4 Wonder Egg girls and their differential experiences with the Eggs and their familiars. As usual, Ura-Acca and Acca have their qualms being the supervisory roles of the Eggs, and the subsequent release of their own failed project of creating the artificial human Frill, with the even illusive mouth "Pop" sound (that stll triggers badly).

The 2nd half
IS TRULY WHERE THE TRUE EPISODE 12 FINALE BEGINS.

Neiru goes back to her parents' company, while Ai goes back to school and finds that her friend Koito is thankfully alive, as is Momo and Rika with their friends too, hanging out as strangers-turned-friends do.

But an incoming call from Neiru's sister? A summons for both Ai and Rika, and even Kotobuki is awoken from her Egg status. Looks like the only one that departed from the world is Neiru, and Ai's tears shed a cry.

As for Ai, all those memories made between her and the rest of the Wonder Egg girls, the gacha style eggs are a stark reminder. And running back to where Acca and Ura-Acca are, she chooses to be the Wonder Egg Girl.

To wait 3 months to get this ending...I guess you could interpret it the way you think best. IMO a pretty nice but mid conclusion that has more questions than answers.

EDIT: Nah heck it, CloverWorks are not to blame this time, it's the scriptwriters that had a brilliant idea going forward, BUT FAILED IN THE ATROCIOUS EXECUTION.
KANLen09Jun 30, 2021 6:00 AM
Jun 29, 2021 9:18 AM
Oct 2020
Just…what the hell? Please someone enlighten me as to what this ending is supposed to mean. It feels like a whole lot of build up for nothing. 🤡
Jun 29, 2021 9:23 AM
Dec 2017
TwiggyBraindead said:
Just…what the hell? Please someone enlighten me as to what this ending is supposed to mean. It feels like a whole lot of build up for nothing. 🤡

Ai flashes two Vs, or II, so season 2 maybe?
Jun 29, 2021 9:24 AM
Aug 2020
This is an awesome episode, but a TERRIBLE finale.
Jun 29, 2021 9:27 AM

Nov 2013
I can't believe they end the series like that.
Jun 29, 2021 9:37 AM

Jan 2009
i do not understand anything but good that their dead friends are all resurrected it seems

but looks like another anticlimactic ending and an open ending too

Sondfer said:

or ye maybe a season 2
Jun 29, 2021 9:50 AM

Feb 2020
Bruh, I'm still so confused and disappointed, what a meh finale...
Sorry I only can gave this a 5/10.
Jun 29, 2021 10:28 AM

Oct 2017
Damn so Koito was a bitch all along eh. She was the one forcing herself on sensei and she even made another teacher suicide, damn. Also so the people brought back to life through eggs have their memories changed. This sux for the girls, they worked so hard to get them back only to be treated as someone they don't know.

We got more parallel world stuff. So Neiru wasn't even human, she was an AI created based on Airu by Kotobuki of this timeline eh. She saved Airu but stayed in the dream to become human. Did she become one thou?

Also Ai's back at the gacha and this ends with an open end. Not a bad way to end things but this definitely could have been a lot better.

deg said:
Sondfer said:

or ye maybe a season 2
I highly doubt it tbh.
MegamiRemJul 4, 2021 2:49 AM
Jun 29, 2021 10:38 AM

Nov 2009
So, you're saying they advertised a one hour special only for half of it to be recap.
Jun 29, 2021 12:38 PM

Dec 2014
So that was...kinda...nothing?

First a recap, then some confusing plotpoints, then some infodumping you can't connect because there are still essential questions the viewer asks.

Plus you see the crunch they had, sometimes quite different animationquality and style.

Such a big disappointment. :/ 1 - 12 are easy a 9, maybe 10/10. But this episode 13...meh.
Jun 29, 2021 12:39 PM

Apr 2020
Really confused, I'm not even disappointed because I didn't understand a thing...

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Jun 29, 2021 12:43 PM

Jan 2009
MegamiRem said:
deg said:

or ye maybe a season 2
I highly doubt it tbh.

ye i just assumed it like that because of the interpretation of the user i quoted and its because its an open ending

Jun 29, 2021 12:47 PM
Dec 2018
Don't get it... What's about Neiru being a KI, created by Kotobuki? Was the Neiru we had seen all time just a KI? What's about the real Neiru and her sister, Airu? Why Ai didn't answered the phone? Don't understand it, could anyone explain?
Jun 29, 2021 12:54 PM

Jan 2021
Even with the first half as a recap I’m still confused what was that
Jun 29, 2021 1:06 PM
Jun 2021
Honestly, this was a really complex series. We still have to do a deep analysis to understand it well. I was a bit excited for its ending but, after seeing all your comments, I don't have much faith, really 😂😂. (I have not seen the ending yet, I am from Spain and the episode is not available in my country)
Jun 29, 2021 1:06 PM

Nov 2008
I pity you if you waited 3 months for that, it was awful.
Jun 29, 2021 1:09 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It didn't make sense and they just added a new plot with Neiru they didn't answer the other questions, if they don't make a second season then that's absolutely useless... As bad as the main series' last episode
Jun 29, 2021 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
welp, i dont really know what i was expecting but this was just mehh... idk this anime just really went to shit after the first thee quarters, this special didnt need to exist. what even was this, just more confusing garbage. i dont really usually rate specials but idk, might choose go give this one a rating since its kinda like a sequel.
Jun 29, 2021 2:16 PM

Mar 2016
So, after several months we finally get the conclusion to this series, and...it feels somewhat underwhelming.

From what I managed to understand from this episode, our girls were successful in bringing back the people they were trying to save...except these former suicide victims are different from the versions they used to know, pretty much refusing to associate with them now. Neiru inexplicably leaves, and although Ai seeks her out at her company, the “Neiru” she finds there seems to be a complete stranger. We later find out through Neiru’s secretary Tanabe that the girl Ai met at the company earlier was in fact Neiru’s siter, Airu. Tanabe brings Ai and Rika to Neiru’s former residence, where they meet parallel world Kotobuki, who has replaced her dead counterpart in this world. Kotobuki shows the girls Neiru’s memories from her final Wonder Egg mission, and reveals to them that Neiru is actually an artificial human that the Kotobuki from this world created, which aroused Airu’s jealousy and eventually caused the incident that led to her suicide. That night, Ai, undoubtedly shaken by the revelation, refuses to pick up a call from Neiru and throws away her phone, a decision she quickly comes to regret. In the end, Ai has transferred schools and mostly gotten out of touch with the other girls, but one day, upon seeing a gacha machine, decides to visit Acca and Ura-Acca again with newfound resolve to get Neiru back. This is the part I’m a bit fuzzy on, but I guess Neiru, feeling like she had lost her place in this world now that her sister’s back, had found some way to contact Frill and enter a parallel world in search of a place to belong?

All in all, I’m pretty disappointed that the whole suicide plotline with Frill and Acca/Ura-Acca seems to have been completely abandoned in favor of this new development with Neiru. It would’ve been nice if the reality of the “revived” suicide victims served to strengthen the bond shared by the four main girls, but this isn’t really the case either. While the anime does end on a hopeful note, I still leave this series feeling empty inside.
In the end, it just feels like nothing was really resolved...
Judgment526Jun 29, 2021 2:19 PM
Jun 29, 2021 3:16 PM

Jul 2020
Honestly, a massive disappointment. Wonder egg priority was hailed for me as one of the best original animes, they had months to release it and we got this, a bait for s2.
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Jun 29, 2021 3:46 PM

Oct 2017
This episode was terribly bad, i cannot believe this is of it's ended. For sure there will be a s2
Jun 29, 2021 4:50 PM
Jun 2019
Judgment526 said:
So, after several months we finally get the conclusion to this series, and...it feels somewhat underwhelming.

From what I managed to understand from this episode, our girls were successful in bringing back the people they were trying to save...except these former suicide victims are different from the versions they used to know, pretty much refusing to associate with them now. Neiru inexplicably leaves, and although Ai seeks her out at her company, the “Neiru” she finds there seems to be a complete stranger. We later find out through Neiru’s secretary Tanabe that the girl Ai met at the company earlier was in fact Neiru’s siter, Airu. Tanabe brings Ai and Rika to Neiru’s former residence, where they meet parallel world Kotobuki, who has replaced her dead counterpart in this world. Kotobuki shows the girls Neiru’s memories from her final Wonder Egg mission, and reveals to them that Neiru is actually an artificial human that the Kotobuki from this world created, which aroused Airu’s jealousy and eventually caused the incident that led to her suicide. That night, Ai, undoubtedly shaken by the revelation, refuses to pick up a call from Neiru and throws away her phone, a decision she quickly comes to regret. In the end, Ai has transferred schools and mostly gotten out of touch with the other girls, but one day, upon seeing a gacha machine, decides to visit Acca and Ura-Acca again with newfound resolve to get Neiru back. This is the part I’m a bit fuzzy on, but I guess Neiru, feeling like she had lost her place in this world now that her sister’s back, had found some way to contact Frill and enter a parallel world in search of a place to belong?

All in all, I’m pretty disappointed that the whole suicide plotline with Frill and Acca/Ura-Acca seems to have been completely abandoned in favor of this new development with Neiru. It would’ve been nice if the reality of the “revived” suicide victims served to strengthen the bond shared by the four main girls, but this isn’t really the case either. While the anime does end on a hopeful note, I still leave this series feeling empty inside.

Now I haven't seen it yet, but from the looks of it, I honestly think this is pretty interesting. If you rewatch episode 9, Kotobuki already mentions Frill, Parallel Worlds and I quote after Neiru says she'll do the Egg stuff to revive her and Kotobuki says "You can't envision dying, you can't reach an abstract place" and after Neiru mentions doing near-death experiments like her she says "If you went to that zone you'd die too, and what would happen to me in reality?" Kotobuki even says later "I'll make friends with those girls (Ai, Rika and Momo) in another world line. It seems this stuff was always hinted at slightly, now its a matter of a Season 2 to explain in depth
Jun 29, 2021 5:39 PM
Jan 2021
LiamC76 said:
Judgment526 said:

Now I haven't seen it yet, but from the looks of it, I honestly think this is pretty interesting. If you rewatch episode 9, Kotobuki already mentions Frill, Parallel Worlds and I quote after Neiru says she'll do the Egg stuff to revive her and Kotobuki says "You can't envision dying, you can't reach an abstract place" and after Neiru mentions doing near-death experiments like her she says "If you went to that zone you'd die too, and what would happen to me in reality?" Kotobuki even says later "I'll make friends with those girls (Ai, Rika and Momo) in another world line. It seems this stuff was always hinted at slightly, now its a matter of a Season 2 to explain in depth

Well, there is one word from Nojima Shinji-san about the literacy of anime fans and anime otaku in Japan in his message about WEP.

Thankfully, Wonder Egg isn't just a TV anime, it's an ONA anime too. You can digest it online anytime. This will be an anime that can be discussed from many angles, no matter where you start.
Jun 29, 2021 5:43 PM

Jan 2008
So.... they bragged about having a 48 minute episode.... and half of that is a recap.

Un-FUCKING-believable.
Jun 29, 2021 6:35 PM
Nov 2020
Leysoh said:
Really confused, I'm not even disappointed because I didn't understand a thing...

The only reason why I dropped it lol. Could those who didn't finish the series get by with just watching this recap instead?
Jun 29, 2021 6:38 PM

Mar 2016
Holy fuck this was more stupid than the last handful of episodes of the Evangelion TV series and Karekano.

1/10. Maybe 0.5/10, tbh.
Forget about one half of this being a whole ass recap; they just literally tossed the main plot point aside regarding Frill and the Uccas and went with this random ass development regarding Neiru. And now you suddenly introduce this shit with parallel universes....was this supposed to be foreshadowed or predictable or was this randomly tossed in with no regards? So Neiru, revealed to be an artificial human (random), is probably in some other parallel world trying to find a better livelihood? Instead of the show trying to improve the girls' relationship, it has made them more distant, instead, as Ai would then transfer schools from the shock of the revelations regarding Neiru. In the most typical of ways, she then heelturned with newfound resolve to get Neiru, and the episode ends abruptly right then and there.

I gotta say this, as much effort as the staff tried to squeeze in at the last moment with barely any rest or relief whatsoever, it still looks very sloppily put together. Idk if it's just on my end, but there were one or few moments where the spoken dialogue and the characters talking felt off-sync, and there were a lot of scenes with very little animation at all. There was even that one part where it looked like Ai was running in place (LOL). Not to mention a good bunch of flashbacks that only served to fill in more time.

For a show that people initially heralded to be the next best anime original, it was a massive disappointment and when one considers the situation with CloverWorks right now, I doubt a s2 for this at least anytime soon, unless if the Blu Rays sold well.
Jun 29, 2021 6:59 PM
Mar 2015
Nothing but a recap
Jun 29, 2021 7:05 PM
Apr 2014
ahaha, how did they manage to make this even worse?

I guess that's one way to wrap this up, just taking a bunch of the stuff they'd been unable to resolve, waving their hands while saying "parallel worlds!" and throwing in some other nonsense before dipping with a feel good (?) ending.

tbh this series would have probably been better leaving off with the unfinished, messy, confusing ending from the original run than this, but it feels like yet another Flip Flappers as an anime original with a passionate team, ambitious writing and great art that bites off way more than it can chew and ends up fizzling out. It's also possible that it was actually never as ambitious as it appeared and maybe they showed their hands when they brought in suicide = evil AI or the whole parallel worlds thing but it's also possible they had bigger ideas about but remembered they only had 12 episodes... like 8 episodes in.

Anyway, this probably sucks a lot more having waiting 3 months for it but either way, what the fuck.
Jun 29, 2021 7:06 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This thread has been cleaned.

Please refrain from asking questions about where to watch an episode, since that could lead users to posting illegal links and it doesn't contribute to the discussion. Thanks!
Jun 29, 2021 7:08 PM

Dec 2015
I had hopes it wouldn't be like The End of Evangelion, like just introduce new stuff and reject explaining the mysteries. But judging by the comments it's precisely what they did.
Jun 29, 2021 7:10 PM

Mar 2015
It's on funimation now if you wanna watch it
Jun 29, 2021 7:10 PM

Jun 2014
that was underwhelming as hell goddamn, not only it was inconclusive, they made it like yeah we planned a 2nd season that will never come out to save neiru

kinda reminds me of that moment where sayaka got cucked after wishing the guy to be cured
Jun 29, 2021 7:12 PM

Jul 2019
teofilusSW said:
Thankfully, Wonder Egg isn't just a TV anime, it's an ONA anime too. You can digest it online anytime. This will be an anime that can be discussed from many angles, no matter where you start.

ONA seems like the wrong term to use. ONA doesn't mean that it's available online. Basically every anime ever is available online. ONA refers to the anime being directly released to the internet. Keyword being "directly". So Netflix originals for instance are ONAs. Wonder Egg Priority however was released for TV. It was broadcasted on NNS and then afterwards got licensed by online services such as Funimation.
Subarashii
Jun 29, 2021 7:28 PM

Mar 2015
total let down after 3 months of blueballs waiting for it.
Jun 29, 2021 7:52 PM

Jul 2019
Absolute insanity. That's all I'm gonna say. Deranged and ill-minded.

No sense whatsoever.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jun 29, 2021 7:59 PM
Apr 2020
This episode did what made the show so good to me in the first place. Amazing character interactions and looking pretty.
This episode did lack a lot of answers, but I am still hoping for a season 2 so I will refrain from calling it bad for not.
Jun 29, 2021 8:24 PM

Sep 2017
i think i would recommend just skipping this altogether because holy shit nothing fucking happened in this. stop at episode 12
Jun 29, 2021 8:36 PM

Oct 2015
That was terrible. I didn't really understand any of it...
Jun 29, 2021 8:38 PM
May 2016
Whaaaaaa? That can't be how they originally intended to end it, on top of the much more inferior animation (it didn't even look finished in spots with bad edits and cuts to the next scene), the natural movements were all gone :( nothing gets resolved and they only added more stuff that was unresolved. Sensei, Frill how can Neiru be an AI? Didn't she have a scar from where her sister stabbed her? And the other two girls are just going to abandon her "I'm out" huh?
I demand an End Of Evangelion style movie to give us the true ending. Don't ruin such a good show that was perfect for 12(11) episodes. :(
Jun 29, 2021 8:44 PM
Jan 2019
Seriously they just did their second 20+ minute recap for like a total of little over five hour show. Was better to think of all the possibilities after the episode 12 cliff hanger. Loved 1-7, 9-12(skip that recap) and hope there will be a second season but really doubt it. :(
Jun 29, 2021 9:07 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
........This was the worst ending i have seen in a while, this even counts as a ending? it was like this was a filler episode in the middle of the anime, they didn't respond the questions, they added new things in the fucking last episode? and then ended with a open end? wtf.
If this show doesn't have an s2 then people don't have to watch this, the last episode does a better job for a final episode.
lucio54Jun 29, 2021 9:26 PM
Jun 29, 2021 9:42 PM
Sep 2019
If it's a finale I'd give it a 6/10. If there will be a season 2 I'd give it an 8/10.
Jun 29, 2021 10:01 PM

Jan 2009
ok after watching with subs they just all jump to a parallel world or alternate timeline where their old friends that died are now alive on that new timeline but they all become strangers to each other eh

now Ai is gonna rescue Neiru (that jump on another timeline or parallel world too) that feels like an AI/robot rather than a human

is that Frill the original AI convince Neiru that she is an AI at heart too rather than a human?

are they playing with the word Ai as AI meaning robot and Ai as love in japanese translation?

Koito is a bad girl all along too lol and she accidentally killed herself too karma is bitch much?

and i guess in this new alternate timeline or parallel world the Mom of Ai and her handsome crush teacher (Mr. Sawaki) was never a romantic partner

also there is no Resurrection of the dead like promise by the Accas when they finish their mission its all about Parallel Worlds or Alternate Timeline jumping

welp an open ending and i do not mind a sequel

but ye like i previously said this is a huge anticlimactic ending too so i understand why its score is so low now
Jun 29, 2021 10:22 PM
Feb 2021
With the amount of production hell they went through i partly cannot blame them. But holy shit that was ass
Jun 29, 2021 10:47 PM

Apr 2014
That was supposed to be an ending? What? Then what the hell was the point of Frill's story? Why is Neiru an AI when it makes literally no difference to the story? What is any of this? This is just fundamentally bad story telling
Jun 29, 2021 10:53 PM

Aug 2018
WTF ending was that, so disappointed after a good season 😓😓
So S2 maybe ?
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"
Jun 29, 2021 11:03 PM

Aug 2020
wow...waited 3 months to be very disappointed. first off, the first half is a recap and then they decided to introduce a whole new plot line?!? as if there weren't any other questions left in the previous eps. i rlly liked wep as a series but now i dont see a point of introducing frill? idk hopefully they make a s2 cuz holy shit

Jun 29, 2021 11:07 PM
Jul 2020
oh my god what was that ending? I did not understand what happened to neiru. What happened to the accas research? After seeing their experiments they have to come to a conclusion right? This ending is really weird and bad. This series was a 9 to me and now coz of this ending it came to a 7( I am being generous here).
Cloverworks is becoming really bad as a studio. First promised neverland with worst adaptation ever and horimiya with rushed pacing and adaptation and now this which was really good at the beginning and now this ending is just lazy and pathetic. Disappointed man. Cannot believe I waited for 3 months for this shit
Jun 29, 2021 11:13 PM
Feb 2021
Honestly loved wonder egg priority and how it tackles young girls' problems that leads them to end their life. Its complex, its great, it's not your usual anime but to be honest this special episode is a let down.

Instead of actually getting a conclusion from the 13 episodes they made a whole new conflict with Neiru being an AI. And they made the half of it a recap, what was the point?!

They could have a better "conclusion" than this. Such a shame, the series was pretty great. Its like thet abandoned the initial idea/theme for something completely different.
Jun 29, 2021 11:14 PM

Nov 2016
This is not the Ending. Or more like this CAN'T BE THE ENDING

Like seriously there is still so much stuff left unanswered along with them introducing a new plot point with Neiru at the end of the episode. If there is no second season or sequel movie then this will go to be one of the worst and open endings I have ever seen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why is this episode considered worse than the others?

Lucifrost - Aug 20, 2023

11 by Piromysl »»
Aug 27, 2023 2:14 PM

» So what disappointed you the most? ( 1 2 )

Tweaks - Jul 1, 2021

59 by abystoma2 »»
Jan 15, 2023 2:18 PM

» Really hoping this gets a sequel at some point

APolygons2 - Oct 6, 2022

8 by daff-quess »»
Oct 8, 2022 8:18 PM

» Change the Entry Picture request

RandomGuyScott - Aug 23, 2022

18 by pri_arts_ »»
Aug 24, 2022 8:16 AM

» So is this it, is the series over?

removed-user - Jul 8, 2021

11 by aku_mado »»
May 9, 2022 3:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.