Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 27, 2020 5:46 AM

Dec 2008
King's goggles annoy me. I rarely misunderstand them for his eyes.
Dec 27, 2020 6:41 AM

Feb 2012
Congratz Oda-chi on the 1000 yooooo.

Great chapter, great double spreads, its about to go down.
Dec 27, 2020 7:03 AM
Jun 2020
"Mugiwara no Luffy" is the best title for this chapter, Oda genius. Eichiro Oda did it again and I just hope he continues to delight us with this incredible masterpiece.
Dec 27, 2020 7:19 AM

Jul 2017
3rd manga I've officially read now that's a 1000+ chapters long, first two being Hajime no Ippo and Detective Conan. Good chapter too, not the greatest this manga has delivered by any means, but I'd say definitely fits the bill for Chapter 1000 if you ask me. Congrats to Oda-sensei.
Dec 27, 2020 7:31 AM

May 2015
Maybe I read too far, but there was something in that chapter that make me wonder if there something else behind the "being the pirate king" dream of Luffy, something more profound, something he can only achieved by being the Pirate King.
During his flashback after marineford, I already wondered why there was an small ellipse at the time Luffy tells his dream. You see them talking about their dream, and then you see Sabo and Ace reaction. And here, when Aces tells Yamato about Luffy's dream, it's the same, the dream is not clearly stated.
Plus she add that Roger told the same thing, but from all we saw from Roger, he never seem to pretend willing to be the Pirate King, it just happened. Maybe it was just to not tell "being the Pirate King" several time in the same chapter, but I couldn't help to link that with that little thing that bugs me everytime I re-read that part.
Dec 27, 2020 8:03 AM
Nov 2015
yoooooooooooooo 1000 chapters
real op fans we endure and made it here
Dec 27, 2020 8:31 AM
May 2018
Being a huge fan of one piece for 10 years i finally got to witness the 1000th chapter of one piece i feel so happy being in this journey of one piece a big congratulations to oda for this amazing achievement!!!! a very exciting chapter the title choice being mugiwara no luffy couldnt be more fitting!!!
Dec 27, 2020 8:33 AM
May 2012
Kinda underwhelming
Dec 27, 2020 9:33 AM

Mar 2016
1000 chapters, here we go!

Chapter was good, though kinda disappointing as we didn't get any important information.
Dec 27, 2020 9:37 AM
Jul 2016
Ow wow, u ppl are delusional. Nothing happened in the last 100 chapters , but somehow this chapter excels in nothing happening. Ow, and the humiliation of the villains.....
Dec 27, 2020 9:56 AM

Dec 2013
Let's go number 1000 :) that's hype. The man, the king himself at the top of Onigashima. Luffy is goat, One Piece is goat.
Dec 27, 2020 1:59 PM
Feb 2020
Well, there it is, boys. Posting in legendary thread.
Dec 27, 2020 2:49 PM

Apr 2015
Holy hell what a chapter, I had chills reading the last panel, Just goes to show how Oda hypes stuff and actually delivers on it.We've barely scratched the surface, Here's to a 1000 more chapters Yohoho!
Dec 27, 2020 2:58 PM

May 2011
We finally reached chapter 1000! T_T
Seeing the top supernovas gathered together to fight the Yonkos and Luffy punching Kaido at the end were the highlight of this chap.

I can't believe I read this story weekly for almost 10 years now and reached this milestone together with Oda.
''I was dead serious''

Dec 27, 2020 3:15 PM

Mar 2016
The power rankings has finally shifted, it seems.

Kaidou and Big Mom likely in for a world of hurt, and deservingly so.
Dec 27, 2020 7:01 PM

Nov 2018
Congrats Oda and everyone! We made it to 1000! btw Where is the colorspread?

Dec 27, 2020 8:37 PM

May 2014
What an amazing chapter! 4 whole digits, it's really hard to believe. Oda has always been on the top of his game and I'm living for it
Dec 27, 2020 11:16 PM
Jan 2015
good to see that Zoro face off against Kaido and Big Mom too
we have not seen him go all out after timeskip
Dec 28, 2020 4:06 AM

Dec 2015
They hyped it as THE SPECIAL chapter 1000, didn't live to expectations.
Feels like the pace is dragging and then moving too fast. I guess Oda is leaving a lot for the anime, but doing so really doesn't help the manga....
Fine chapter, 3/5.

P.S. I don't feel any danger either. Hopefully Kaido and BM will show these rookies some Yonko stuff next chapter cuz it feels like New World is less dangerous than GrandLine.
Kinemon and the scabbards are laying? Its ok, we'll see them alive and doing well after the fight, only 2 characters died in OP till now...
Dec 28, 2020 5:04 AM

Sep 2009
Always the same, predictable af. Anyway I'd like to see the supernovas tag team.
Dec 28, 2020 7:28 AM

Jul 2013
We have reached a legendary milestone. I'm very happy to follow One Piece on a weekly basis and live this experience first-hand. One of the few good things to remember from 2020...

I'm very excited for the 5 Supernovas vs. 2 Emperors clash. I expect Law to play a big part in it.
Dec 28, 2020 9:21 AM
Jun 2015
Congrats on 1000 chapter Oda. Let's hurry up and end this arc. Im getting bored of it. Its not bad, but just way too long
Dec 28, 2020 1:57 PM

Oct 2018
I don't know man.... I feel like, other than Kaido and Big Mom I don't think there is anyone else who would pose a threat to Luffy and the others. I am still waiting for a huge fight having zoro protagonist. I just love Zoro, sorry. Other than that, i am waiting for the chapter to be animated, i think it will be an epic episode.
I am feeling already the plot armor. I don;t feel it's right for luffy to get such a huge moment vs kaido yet. Like he got one shoted some chapters ago, you can't do this now, in gear 3 as well. I hope we won't get a lot of plot armor but i don't see a way of ending this arc without plot armor, given the fact that kaido has been presented as the strongest. Other than that great chapter with a lot of epic moments but with it's downsides as well. a 3 out of 5 i think is well diserved.

Edit: CONGRATS for reaching a huge milestone. Great to keep an anime with so many manga chapters and anime episodes at a preyty high level. <3
GRlG
Dec 28, 2020 5:03 PM
Nov 2019
We reached One Piece 1000!!!! It's awesome how this manga keeps going strong and still has mysteries, great characters, and action to look forward to. Seeing the spread of Luffy and allies facing off against Kaido and Big Mam was spectacular. I can't wait for the next chapter!
Dec 28, 2020 7:54 PM
Apr 2020
I feel like people that says the new chapter is disappointed expected something but didnt got it.
I think the new Chapter is epic and it sets the mood for the battle between the yonko's and reminiscing the journey that we experienced so far. so yeah.

sorry, my english is bad.
Dec 28, 2020 11:46 PM

Nov 2018
harshtruth said:
i guess we expect different things. nothing of this chapter was hype. if i could equate this experience to anything, it would be cyberpunk: hyped to fuck but didn't deliver

Well, that is nothing but your own fault. Nobody promised you anything but you still overhyped yourself or let yourself get overhyped by youtubers or people who think they saw through Odas pattern of milestone chapters etc. Maybe keep your expectations in check next time.

Kurokami_Hina said:
I feel like people that says the new chapter is disappointed expected something but didnt got it.
I think the new Chapter is epic and it sets the mood for the battle between the yonko's and reminiscing the journey that we experienced so far. so yeah.

sorry, my english is bad.

You pretty much hit the nail on its head. But as the ratings for this chapter show its only a very small minority who is bitching (as always).
anilogXoXoDec 28, 2020 11:51 PM
Dec 29, 2020 1:49 AM

Apr 2017
GRlG said:
I don't know man.... I feel like, other than Kaido and Big Mom I don't think there is anyone else who would pose a threat to Luffy and the others. I am still waiting for a huge fight having zoro protagonist. I just love Zoro, sorry. Other than that, i am waiting for the chapter to be animated, i think it will be an epic episode.
I am feeling already the plot armor. I don;t feel it's right for luffy to get such a huge moment vs kaido yet. Like he got one shoted some chapters ago, you can't do this now, in gear 3 as well. I hope we won't get a lot of plot armor but i don't see a way of ending this arc without plot armor, given the fact that kaido has been presented as the strongest. Other than that great chapter with a lot of epic moments but with it's downsides as well. a 3 out of 5 i think is well diserved.

Edit: CONGRATS for reaching a huge milestone. Great to keep an anime with so many manga chapters and anime episodes at a preyty high level. <3
I find it hilarious that Luffy used Gear 3 on Kaido but a few chapters earlier, used Gear 4 on Ulti.

Ulti > Kaido confirmed
Dec 29, 2020 2:45 AM

Jan 2015
oh yeah gOda, 1000th!!

harshtruth said:
I find it hilarious that Luffy used Gear 3 on Kaido but a few chapters earlier, used Gear 4 on Ulti.

Ulti > Kaido confirmed
well, i mean, it's like instakill for ulti. she was lucky.

la critique de l'intention pure
Dec 29, 2020 6:14 AM

Nov 2018
harshtruth said:

Ulti > Kaido confirmed

Is this meant to be taken serious or are you joking? I can never tell with you power-scalers because especially when it comes to One Piece you people and your powerlevel bullshit are all over the place and most of the time make little to no sense. Does context matter to you at all? The reason why Luffy was about to use G4 is that at that time he was in a hurry. He recognized Ultis strength and deemed it necessary to use his strongest form to waste as little time as possible with an opponent who otherwise could not have been taken down easily.
Dec 29, 2020 12:42 PM

May 2011
I am glad for the success and chapter 1000 milestone for One Piece. But honestly speaking this could have been chapter 500-600, this story milks side quests too much and the main plot gets one nod every few years. A solid 4/5 chapter for me because although the scale is much higher power-wise, we've seen this formula before with like Crocodile, Lucci etc. Epic nonetheless, no hate just my honest thoughts from a once diehard fan of One Piece many years ago.
Dec 29, 2020 1:35 PM

Apr 2017
Edoramas79 said:
Feels like the pace is dragging and then moving too fast. I guess Oda is leaving a lot for the anime, but doing so really doesn't help the manga....
Fine chapter, 3/5.

P.S. I don't feel any danger either. Hopefully Kaido and BM will show these rookies some Yonko stuff next chapter cuz it feels like New World is less dangerous than GrandLine.
Kinemon and the scabbards are laying? Its ok, we'll see them alive and doing well after the fight, only 2 characters died in OP till now...
Fr. There's no threat. Imagine a war that included 2 Yonko and everyone is just fine? Even the scabbards that had full intention of killing Kaido are just being whisked away for medical attention. I felt no danger from this arc so it does nothing for me. Hopefully it will change but I doubt it.
Dec 30, 2020 7:02 AM

Dec 2015
harshtruth said:
Edoramas79 said:
Fine chapter, 3/5.

Fr. There's no threat. Imagine a war that included 2 Yonko and everyone is just fine? Even the scabbards that had full intention of killing Kaido are just being whisked away for medical attention. I felt no danger from this arc so it does nothing for me. Hopefully it will change but I doubt it.

Ppl will say that you're complaining/power scale fanboy, but it's something that should really make sense in the story. With Katakuri it was fine cuz he literally trained Luffy and let himself be defeated.
Here with Kaido everything should be as serious as it gets. I'd like a cool fight with supernova, but eventually they can't win, it'd be DragonBall level BS. I guess that Blackbeard/marines/revolutionary will turn this into a chaos that'll bring a satisfying end to the fight. I do believe in Oda making it make sense, so I hope Kaido just let Luffy hit him in this chapter, just cuz its Kaido and he already took some blows from Luffy just to taste how strong he is.
Dec 30, 2020 7:12 AM

Dec 2015
PaYae said:
The Chapter was pretty good but alot of people are dissapointed. No expactations = No disappointment.

What you're saying is like being a fan of a sports team and not expecting them to win)....
Of course we will expect some high level stuff from Oda, him and his editors are the ones to blame for these expectations and overhype. (Also cuz its OP and we know how great the story, the fights and the sense that it all makes can be.)
Oda said that it will surpass Marineford, well I'm waiting for it then.
It's not like people say that it's shit and they won't read it, it just doesn't meet the level of the hype that the creator and his people made us expect. (For now at least)
Dec 30, 2020 5:16 PM

Feb 2018
23 years later, here we are chapter 1000! What a long way the series have come. The best have yet to come!
Dec 30, 2020 6:15 PM

Aug 2020
Wow chapter 1000! Congratulations Oda. I'm grateful for being part of this event.

Dec 30, 2020 10:15 PM

Jun 2014
Still feels pretty surreal to be updating the progress to 1000. What a milestone. In about a year we'll be doing the same for the anime lol.

This chapter was straight up Luffy fanservice, and now we have 5 Supernovas facing off against Kaido and Big Mom. Even if this chapter seemed disappointing because there were no big reveals, it still set up some craziness that will come in the following chapters. It'll be interesting to see if Oda decides to actually have 2 Yonko be taken down here.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 30, 2020 10:46 PM
Feb 2019
To those who appreciate it I agree with them and to those who don't I kinda see why... because it wasn't something 'special' I Knew it wouldn't be Like ppl thought that it is the 1000 chapter so something will be revealed and all... but oda wanted a classic move. This punch may not be the best moment in the manga as some expected but this chap will be remembered as this "Mugiwara no luffy"
it doesn't matters if I loved the chap or
liked it , because even if I didn't like something in the chap [I don't dislike anything it is just that it wasn't something special which is OK with me :)] there is still one thing I couldn't help but love and that's the title !
Jan 1, 2021 4:20 PM

Jan 2017
this was great chapter and worthy of the number 1000. luffy really showed him who's boss XD

these 5 may be a strong line-up of fighters, but i doubt it will be enough to take down 2 yonkous. i feel like sanji, yamato, marco and maybe jinbei might join them later.
Jan 1, 2021 4:27 PM

Mar 2018
Oda did not disappoint wow this is gonna be amazing, that stare down panel was 10/10 and also luffy with the new move to take kaido off his feet i was not expecting that his other stuff did literally nothing. cant wait to see what happens
Jan 1, 2021 7:11 PM
Jul 2018
holy shit this is good, the battle is finally here!! that entrance was so sick! thank you oda for this masterpiece of a manga
Jan 3, 2021 8:27 AM
Jul 2015
I've been reading one piece for over 7 years, this is my favorite manga. It brought me so many emotions and adventures that I can write and write, but unfortunately I am bad in expressing emotions, I just want to thank GODA for these wonderful 1000 chapters and wish you good health for the next years of work

Jan 3, 2021 8:48 AM

Nov 2011
Grats on Oda sensei on achieving its 1000th chapter. Huge milestone!

It's rather fitting that Luffy mentions again about being the King of Pirates. He's come a long way since the beginning.
Jan 3, 2021 8:57 AM

Oct 2017
Happy 1000th, y'allz! Omedetou and arigatou, Oda!!! Everything's apt for this chap for me. Ready for the war ikou ze!!!
Jan 3, 2021 9:32 AM

May 2019
We've done it, my friends. It's chapter 1000!

I expected something more than the usual "I'm going to be the king of the pirates" for chapter 1000 but still it was a nice chapter.

Why did Kaido let Luffy hit him like that tho lmao
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Jan 3, 2021 9:40 AM

Feb 2010
This chapter was nice to see how far Luffy has come but Ch.999 hit harder.
Jan 3, 2021 9:52 AM
Mar 2019
FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIREEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 3, 2021 10:10 AM

Mar 2016
We did it, we reached a mile stone!!

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Jan 3, 2021 11:21 AM

Aug 2015
Did anyone else felt the chapter was very "sketchy"? I now Oda is not Inoue or Miura, but this chapter in particular I think there were a lot of panels that looked very rough (like Ace faces while talking to Yamato, or Zoro looking at Luffy when he arrived).

And I mean, the chapter is really good in terms of story, but execution is just weird. Now Marco can hold on the two best soldiers of Kaido like they are nothing when he couldn´t even touch Kizaru and got trashed by Teach, Luffy hitting Kaido feels like nothing because we know very well he is gonna stand up and hit him back, and all those 5 pirates against two Yonkos is a ridiculous thing if they can pull it up, since BM can trash all 5 of them easily, let alone Kaido.

At least all of the main fighters are there, so I expect to see the fight and not off-screen shenanigans like it has been post-dressrosa. By the way, seeing the scabbards in the ground defeated felt like nothing when all we saw about them was one attack and that was it. There was no buildup.
Jan 3, 2021 12:52 PM

May 2015
Congrats to Oda for his success and hitting a huge milestone of 1000 chapter of One Piece. I get that a lot of people wanted some huge revelation here, but I feel like this was a fitting chapter. The beginning with the Ace flashback was there to reinforce the importance of Luffy's dream to become Pirate King, which is the main point of this chapter. The build up of tension when Luffy walks by Kaido and Big Mom while ignoring them and the flashback moments as he comes to Kinemon's side. All of that culminated with a powerful ending as Luffy introduces a new move and uses it on Kaido to knock him down and then reaffirms that he will surpass them both to become the Pirate King. It's a classic Luffy moment and overall, I think this chapter was well done and is befitting for chapter 1000.
Jan 3, 2021 2:40 PM

Dec 2013
Congratulations to One Piece for reaching this milestone!

Seeing the supernovas and emperors together got me hyped! I'm really looking forward to this upcoming battle.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 53 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 8, 2010

16 by Dumb »»
Today, 12:42 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 52 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 8, 2010

23 by Dumb »»
Today, 12:37 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 51 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 8, 2010

19 by Dumb »»
Today, 12:34 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 50 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 8, 2010

19 by Dumb »»
Yesterday, 11:10 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 49 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 8, 2010

17 by Dumb »»
Yesterday, 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.