Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2020 1:15 PM

Feb 2019
Generic anime N°1013877 about a OP guy in a Magic school. You know, Japan, having an overpowered protagonist doesn't need to be this godawful. Superman still has a challenge when fighting a dude who goes around strapping bombs to toys.
Jul 4, 2020 1:19 PM
Nov 2019
Wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be - Still too many Trope's - will give it the 3 Ep. drop test 3/5 for now...
Jul 4, 2020 1:36 PM
Mar 2016
The opening seems good. Hope this show does something to stand out and isn't just another show about a character deemed the worst being the best.
Jul 4, 2020 1:37 PM

Oct 2014
Silver Link is returning to their typical shitty LN adaptation. Before I even started I knew what I was in for. OP protagonist, magic school, shitty effects, harem. I was surprised there was death until he resurrected them. Why does the mom look like one of his classmates? She fawns over him even more than the other girls.

Akashik Records + Irregular at Magical School + Kenja no Mago + Assassin's Pride = This copypasted derivative sludge.
Jul 4, 2020 1:52 PM

May 2020
I liked the animation and the characters seem interesting.

The plot seems unique enough and I'm excited to see where this anime goes.
Jul 4, 2020 2:00 PM
May 2019
The MC is totally badass reminds me of yuuji from grisaia and tatsuya from mahouka

Great anime start especially the op
can't wait to see anos backstory...
Jul 4, 2020 2:08 PM

Jan 2015
Lmaooo this was the most clichéd 1st episode I’ve ever watched in my entire life

I don’t even know what to think about this one. This is so bad it’s good
Jul 4, 2020 2:12 PM

Dec 2015
Typical power fantasy, but at least this one skipped all the crappy scenes and went right to business.
XXXXXXXXXIIIJul 4, 2020 2:22 PM
Jul 4, 2020 2:30 PM

Jan 2015
zoeanime13 said:
Like the magic elements, but the MC is a bit to overpowered for my liking. Still a good 1st episode so far. Looking forward to seeing where this goes over the next few episodes

He's the demon lord. What did you expect? lol
Jul 4, 2020 2:41 PM

Jan 2016
Sasuga Silver Link!

Oh how I've been waiting for a magic battle school show, never thought I'd say that a decade ago but here we are!

Maou's family is such a lovable family and the first girl is also great! I also found his ideas to be very interesting, it should be interesting to see why he decimated humanity and the elves 2000 years ago
Jul 4, 2020 2:46 PM

Oct 2008
Alright, I’m really digging this Mc, Alos. He’s cocky and confident but even during the fighting I felt more like he was trying to teach the brothers a lesson than just fully obliterating them. Like when he made the older brother try to call out to the younger, I feel like he was trying to make him repent for taking his life.

I also really like the awkward jokes he makes. A confident, socially awkward demon. I will continue watching lol.

Jul 4, 2020 2:47 PM

Mar 2017
Nothing spectacular and to be honest and the pacing felt unnatural; there was no prologue about the demon king apart from a few seconds and the exam took up a few minutes when it should've been used to show how powerful Anos is compared to other (using one family as a comparison was sloppy). Also, they just casually mentioned that Anos is 1 month old and didn't further explain that which was weird... and then there's the fact that there is inconsistency already; Anos said a person had to be resurrected within 3 seconds but then at the end, that rule went out the window!

However, I like that Anos feels like a demon lord in that he's ruthless, cold, and arrogant but he's still likable, a tough combo to achieve. The animation was really great too so action scenes are satisfying to watch.
Jul 4, 2020 2:49 PM

Jan 2014
Hm.

Honestly can see it being very interesting from the first episode. While I'm not the biggest lover of super OP characters, at least this has an interesting twist to it. Which makes me have interest in it.
Jul 4, 2020 3:04 PM

Apr 2008
Went in with low expectations and still got disappointed.

leikosan said:
Is this a satire? The first ep plus the title makes it seem like a satire of great overplayed tropes

That's what I was wondering. The main is so overpowered that there's no way to have a plot. Beating someone up with your heartbeat is something even Saitama hasn't pulled, and the guy isn't a pure meathead either. He has mastery of the existing magic and powerful unique skills. Usually these god mains at least have a sort of tricky ability they can pretend has some gap or weakness. In the end, though, it really wasn't played for laughs aside from brief jokes. I guess reading this thread some people are into this played straight? Well, it's certainly blatant in what it is. You can't doubt it will deliver in overpowered guy beats people up. I'll be dropping right off even in this sparse season, though.
Jul 4, 2020 3:10 PM
May 2020
Got another ln series' anime wasted like arifureta's
Jul 4, 2020 3:45 PM

Nov 2015
the animation was better than i thought, it's kinda rushed but ok i guess, i am not expecting too much of a plot in the first place

this man is one of the most powerful characters ever existing, y'all be prepared.
Jul 4, 2020 3:48 PM

Dec 2016
For me ok start. Parents are kinda annoying by being one note but in the same time their full grown son (teenager) is only one month old (his mother was still pregnant +1 month ago, think about it) so by given that their mental state is at least stable in my opinion they hold well.

FireRifle64 said:
Rizki_Diablo said:
the fuck is this??? did silver link never know the word of prologue? after introducing about anos in 1 or 2 minutes now suddenly it go to 2000 thousands years later without explanation?

I can agree with you. I read the manga in winter timeframe and was pumped to see an anime of it. After seeing it today, what the fuck happened at the damn studio. I don't know if they will bring the exposition into the second episode but they really fucked the series over already. The pacing of the entire episode was so fucking fast.

Could you explain what they skipped (if it is not a big spoiler)? because as anime only watcher I honestly don't felt that something was missing.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.99/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.169/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.89/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.66/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jul 4, 2020 4:07 PM

Aug 2018
Not bad, I kinda expecter this guy to be evil (since he's the reincarnation of the Demon King who basically was an annihilator, exterminator, or so I believe). Turns out he's kind enough to take care of a girl he just met outside the school, then he's cool enough to spare some people who attacked him. Well this whole show should be pretty entertaining.
Jul 4, 2020 4:11 PM
Jul 2017
What if Harry Potter? But Evil...

No? Then what about, What if Welcome to Demon School Iruma-Kun? But not a comedy...

It has some promise, and the supporting cast are entertaining, but if this is just going to be One Punch Spell Man, it'll get old real fast
Jul 4, 2020 4:16 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
I'm sorry but I fucking lol'd when the owl started talking. It looked/sounded so stupid. But hey, at least this show made me laugh. That's a positive in my book.

It was definitely a better first episode than Pervert Power Rangers at least. It was fairly entertaining but I suspect this will descend into nonsense but we'll see. The MC seems way too OP. Animation looks pretty good though. Also, just from the fleeting glimpse we got of him, the dad looks hot.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Jul 4, 2020 4:16 PM
Nov 2017
Stark700 said:
A lot of magic elements although the Arnos is somewhat of a badass. I hope they develop his personality more. Seems this show takes a rather serious
tone in its storytelling. Misha (the silver haired girl) seems kinda cute I guess but seems pretty dull for a character.

So it seems Arnos wants to change the world, a huge goal if you think about the efforts to so with the current conditions.

Idk, this seems like a pretty meh start, nothing unique about this show yet.

I think she’s like that for a reason or she’d be going to school with her sister and living with her parents after what she said but this show is awesome
Jul 4, 2020 4:19 PM

Nov 2011
I laughed a lot during this episode. I thought his Jokes not hitting the mark was pretty funny. His parents are AMAZING. Especially his mother. I hope to see her more in this anime.

Misha is best girl.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 4, 2020 4:41 PM

Mar 2014
I liked how he didn't hold back on completely slaughtering his opponents, since he can just resurrect them back anyways. And that twisted philosophical debate over what really happens when you bring someone back to life.

Also it's pretty refreshing that the MC just continued straight from where he left off with his previous life. So many reincarnation MCs take an entire series to reconnect with who they were before and trying to consolidate that with how they lived in their new life before they found out. Anos being a month old here is pretty weird though lol

His "jokes" are so awkward though, how often is he going to do that "hm, that was funnier 2000 years ago" bit?

And that demon school with owls just kept making me think of Harry Potter and wizards
"You're a Demon King, Anos"
"Yeah I know I am"
Jul 4, 2020 4:49 PM

Nov 2017
JuzuX said:
Arnos was badass (reminds me of Tatsuya).

Thats exactly what I was thinking,even down to the uniform,it looks so similar.I get the feeling I'm gonna like this one quite a bit.

Sokah said:
Oh boy, more garbage that people will like because it's harem ecchi trash. At least crap like Overlord and The Irregular at Magic High School were a little less blatantly overpowered.
Excuse me? - You seriously call Ainz and Tatsuya "less blatantly overpowered"?
Did you actually watch them?
Oh well,you have your opinion,I'll have mine :)

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenJul 6, 2020 4:37 AM
Jul 4, 2020 5:09 PM
Sep 2017
We have all seen the premise of a show like this before, it was well executed and fun to watch, i look foward to the next few months of casual viewing
Jul 4, 2020 5:28 PM
Nov 2019
Anos asserting his dominance and power from the get go was really impactful in showing what kind of character he is. He gives off the same vibe as Shiba Tatsuya, being a cool and smart person but is very open in displaying his power and status which compliments Misha's quiet, reserved, and mysterious character as well. Mom was a breath of fresh air for sure with all the seriousness our main characters give off. (It's still funny hearing that Anos is actually just a month old even if I already knew about it). It will be interesting to see Anos taking over the class and maybe eventually the whole school. There were some minor things that bugged me but it was overall a good opening episode. 4/5
Jul 4, 2020 5:37 PM
Nov 2019
As all people said he vibes like tatsuya
I liked the start, a typical op mc.
The pace was a bit fast but good.
As i read, manga and WN readers said that they skipped the prologue. Is it like kind of intro or something?? Maybe they'll do flashbacks or some moments cause watching an entire ep of giving infos will be boring...
Jul 4, 2020 5:38 PM

Nov 2014
I don't know why but I'll always have a weakness for shows that have overpowered mc's just doing overpowered things haha

The OP mc included the show is setting itself up to be your run of the mill Isekai Harem and while people may see that negatively, I don't really care.
Just because a concept is overdone doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable. It's clear what the show is gonna be so if people don't like it then they shouldn't subject themselves to it.

On another note, am I the only one that found it funny that he's only a month old? Like what haha I know it probably has something to do with him being the Demon King but samn every time his mom was like ~ aweeee but your only a month old I was just like >_>
And the fact that he keeps telling jokes from two thousand years ago and everyone just... 👁👄👁

Anyways excited to keep watching. It seems the MC is gonna have two main female leads which I'm assuming have to do with that "which one would you save?" question about his past lifes children...but i could be wrong

depending on how this season goes i might end up checking out the source material (:
Jul 4, 2020 5:46 PM

Jan 2020
Look Okay i love me some bad isekai since it can end up being pretty funny but this was just straight trash. Generic edgy power trip protagonist, art and animation is below average standards, the dialogue was actually painful, and it takes itself way too seriously for a average isekai with the most bare bones magic system.

Most importantly, it missing the best part of a shitty isekai. THERE WAS NO TITTY IN THE FIRST EPISODE. THEY DIDNT POUR THE ENTIRE EPISODE BUDGET INTO A GRADE A TITTY BOUNCE WE CANT STAND FOR THIS

smh the fact that people are rating this highly is actually painful. I guess you gotta accept that the main viewer base is people who havent gotten balls deep into anime yet or teenage dudes thinking "oh this is so fucking sick bros"

However I made a deal with myself that id get through all of the main seasonal anime so...cant wait to endure this hell for the next few weeks all to end it with a nice very generous 3 star rating :)

Bandori is love <3 Bandori is life <3
Jul 4, 2020 6:18 PM

Mar 2012
If you just summarized episode one for me I'd probably be entirely uninterested, but I must say I appreciate the directness of it all. The MC is mega OP and has no qualms about using his power to absolutely destroy people before him. That's at least respectably refreshing. But that's just for episode one. From here on I think we probably need some answers, otherwise this stuff's gonna get boring quick.
Jul 4, 2020 6:41 PM

Jul 2014
Anos is an awful name for a MC, it is like a bad joke. lmao
Jul 4, 2020 7:03 PM
Jun 2017
These are my type of series to watch with--- too STRONG, TOO POWERFUL, the MC here sure is showing some of what he can do against those weaklings...

I feel bad for that guy who has been Subaru'd many times--- Died then reincarnated (repeated cycle) in front of many people.

Up next: RE ZERO, OREGAIRU, SAO
Jul 4, 2020 7:22 PM

Mar 2019
This wasn't a thing that you always struggled with.
The light novel heroes of long long ago like Lina Inverse regularly leveled mountain sides. This though… it really speaks to the more disturbing and distasteful change that has become so widespread. Instead of reveling in being over the top, or a hyper competent super person being thrown against challenges worthy of them, it fetishizes some overpowered jackass abusing his power to torture and humiliate his inferiors. Really torturing. It's a whole thing about how he repeatedly and bloodily vaporizes a dude and then revives him, over and over, and over. And the dude is so weak that just standing there, his heart beating, puts out enough power level du jour to make him harmless. Then we go through it again a second time.

But that would also be letting it off the hook for the female side piece, whose role in the episode is to stand there mutely admiring the main character swinging his dick around (by standing there doing nothing). If anything, it's perhaps an argument for overexcited idiots screaming helpful exposition, because there's something extra disturbing about her simply standing there with a blank look on her face, never reacting to anything for the entire episode, as she watches the protagonist casually murder multiple people. And it keeps cutting to her to show her frozen, expressionless face. Why? Frankly, the mom is the only character that wasn't abhorrent, and that may be because she's the only one who seemed to take any joy in life in an episode that was entirely glorification of murdering your inferiors. And it's easier to see her as a joke/parody of someone who really didn't want a baby, but now definitely wants to be sandwiched between her husband and her 6 week old adult son.
Jul 4, 2020 7:25 PM

Nov 2010
Syureria said:
kuroneko99 said:
I didn't think the show was a comedy.
Are you sure about that? Thos show is full of blood.
In case you need more blood in a comedy. She also says "Don't worry. I'll revive you with magic spell". Enjoy.
Jul 4, 2020 7:26 PM

Jan 2011
man this one got me typical shitty LN adaptation 4502 that i don't even know where to start on it's tropes

i mean at least some of these shit OP power fantasies try to hide it a little bit with some form of substance but this one is dead ass serious in not giving a fuck about that which would be fine if it was really comedy but it isn't added on how it legit feels like it was written some edgelord middle schooler but people will still be like this is my shit speaks volumes.

if there's anything i'm hate watching it's this till i can't bare it anymore or there's enough new shows to watch so i don't need some fillers
Jul 4, 2020 7:35 PM

May 2019
I like this start; the anime has potential.

It's a fun, carefree take on the Demon Lord trope, and i;m intrigued to see where the MC's characterisation will lead.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jul 4, 2020 8:03 PM

Jun 2013
Great, i always like a OP mc. This will be a 2nd Ousawa Akatsuki =))
Jul 4, 2020 8:11 PM
Nov 2018
I do like magic in high school settings. This could possibly be too generic and lean too heavily on being overpowered, but we shall see. I'll give it three episodes.

That girl in the window seen in the very end will no doubt be a second love interest.
Jul 4, 2020 8:16 PM

Apr 2015
This 1st episode is the definition of the most cliche of cliche. Moreover if ur a webnovel reader like myself. Definitely 1/10, i dunno how the heck this anime get past 6.0 score. Most probably gonna reach there after finish airing.

Try reading Spy x Family Manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...
Jul 4, 2020 8:27 PM

Oct 2019
Nieznajomy43 said:
For me ok start. Parents are kinda annoying by being one note but in the same time their full grown son (teenager) is only one month old (his mother was still pregnant +1 month ago, think about it) so by given that their mental state is at least stable in my opinion they hold well.

FireRifle64 said:

I can agree with you. I read the manga in winter timeframe and was pumped to see an anime of it. After seeing it today, what the fuck happened at the damn studio. I don't know if they will bring the exposition into the second episode but they really fucked the series over already. The pacing of the entire episode was so fucking fast.

Could you explain what they skipped (if it is not a big spoiler)? because as anime only watcher I honestly don't felt that something was missing.

Had I not seen the manga, I feel like it would be alright for me. I do not know if they just moved the exposition or if they straight up delete it from the series. I may have overreacted much when I said they fucked the series over.
As I said, I am hoping that they will just add the original exposition into the next episode but if not, I will be disappointed.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jul 4, 2020 8:32 PM

Feb 2017
_MushiRock11_ said:
Wow, the OPness of Anos is over the bloody roof! And what, he's 1 month old (reincarnation, albeit) - I'm just taken aback by the insanity of this xD

I had to pause the episode and laugh like a madman for some minutes xD

BTW... it was not a bad start but everything goes WAAAAY the f**k to fast
Jul 4, 2020 9:06 PM
Jun 2016
RebelPanda said:
Silver Link is returning to their typical shitty LN adaptation. Before I even started I knew what I was in for. OP protagonist, magic school, shitty effects, harem. I was surprised there was death until he resurrected them. Why does the mom look like one of his classmates? She fawns over him even more than the other girls.

The mom looks young because her son just became !8 years old in a month and she is most likele in her early twenties
Jul 4, 2020 9:43 PM
Nov 2019
Lol he became an adult in a month. The fight are cool and the animation is good. Laughed my ass off in the gyaru-gilgamesh fight.
Jul 4, 2020 9:46 PM
Aug 2018
I don't think I've thought something was so bad from just the first episode spare a select few series. This is far beyond generic.
But that's just like... my opinion... man
Jul 4, 2020 9:58 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
tottobennington said:
I had to pause the episode and laugh like a madman for some minutes xD

Same here, lol. It’s pushing the OP boundary quite a bit with this episode alone...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 4, 2020 10:08 PM

Feb 2013
Nieznajomy43 said:

FireRifle64 said:

LOL This is such a gong show, honestly everyone should just read the manga or LN. They literally skipped the important parts and focused on the throwaway villains instead of Misha and Anos.

So for anyone wondering what actually is supposed to happen,

But ya, I don't get how anime only viewers could've watched that. It literally didn't make sense and cut off Misha character interactions completely. I can go on about the things they messed up on. Sad to see one of my favorite mangas done this poorly.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenJul 6, 2020 4:40 AM
Jul 4, 2020 10:21 PM
Feb 2019
Surprisingly, I enjoy this. The pace was really fast, but seems okay. What make me interested was the main protag. A guy who ain't give a f*ck, highly confident, and pretty savage. Sounds generic? Yeah, but I kinda miss character like that. At least, I like this guy than the mc of arifureta xD

Ah and also, this is not Isekai. If anybody say this an Isekai I gonna spank their ass.
Jul 4, 2020 10:23 PM

Mar 2010
The beginning with the gray hair guy is so cringe worthy. lol
Jul 4, 2020 10:35 PM

Aug 2019
This episode was pretty good nice OP MC i'll like to see how the episodes will turn out
Jul 4, 2020 10:44 PM

Jan 2020
I understand that many people think this will probably be another fantasy trash where the mc is op and the only focus on side characters are his harem group, and that's fair. But, to be honest, I can't help but like this stuff just because OP protagonists is something that I'll almost always enjoy and its a guilty pleasure of mine.

As far as episode 1 goes, I thought it was amazing as it sort of displayed exactly what I wanted: weak antagonists who act like they're superior because they're near the top on an aristocratic government system, followed by the complete destruction of them. Surprisingly enough, this anime also includes the death and torture of the characters, unlike other OP fantasy shows where they unreasonably let them go or they get the villains to faint and then they send them to a prison and that's that.

Also, the animation is something that I really enjoyed followed by an average sound value. All in all, as ridiculous as it is, I'm loving it and I'll give it a 9/10 for now, but I think I'll ultimately end this anime with either a value of an 8 or 7.

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Syureria - Aug 1, 2020

104 by WienGirl »»
May 18, 5:25 AM

» Finally a protagonist who....

Sch4n - Apr 30

37 by Reevansingh21 »»
May 4, 3:29 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 26, 2020

280 by alexandrepv »»
May 2, 3:06 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2020

115 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2020

123 by PrimeX »»
Feb 19, 4:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.