Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 11 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 13, 2019 4:24 AM

Nov 2018
Was nice to see Maine show genuine affection to her dad.
What a strong episode. Made me teary-eyed.
Dec 13, 2019 9:21 AM

Dec 2015
ryan5514 said:
Hylianticipated said:
Another great episode. I wonder when that one guy from the first episode will show up. I'm sure he's the noble she will be contracted with and he'll be more reasonable that most...hopefully. 7 year old concubines...damn.

Not exactly, Baptism happens at 7 yes but the coming of age ceremony is at 15.

Oh good lol that's much better and consistent with historical norms. Still sucks that she has to become a concubine, but still.
Dec 13, 2019 1:09 PM

Aug 2014
She had some great character development so far and show keeps getting better as well. I hope it continues to only get better tbh.

Btw does anyone know when OSTs are released or the name of the OST at the end of the episode if it is already out?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Dec 13, 2019 1:33 PM

Apr 2013
@Hylianticipated
@ryan5514

Coming of age ceremony is at their 16th birthday, not 15th.
As ryan5514 said, 7 yo is baptism, children are registered as full-fledged citizens and gets the rights and duties coming with it, including being able to become apprentice.

Dec 13, 2019 4:22 PM
Sep 2017
Zefyris said:
@Hylianticipated
@ryan5514

As ryan5514 said, 7 yo is baptism, children are registered as full-fledged citizens and gets the rights and duties coming with it, including being able to become apprentice.

I believe that it's fifteen, or at the very least you're an adult at fifteen.
, although that uses web novel chapter 049 as a source which is somewhat different to the light novel version of the chapter as it says
but it doesn't look like the author changed it from fifteen because later on in the LN it says

HurwitzDec 13, 2019 5:00 PM
Dec 13, 2019 10:38 PM

Mar 2019
Maybe not the best, but clearly my favorite since episode 1...

PS: i need those ending art cards phisically.

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Dec 14, 2019 1:12 AM

Apr 2013
Hurwitz said:
Zefyris said:
@Hylianticipated
@ryan5514

, although that uses web novel chapter 049 as a source which is somewhat different to the light novel version of the chapter as it says
but it doesn't look like the author changed it from fifteen because later on in the LN it says

Hmmm...
I think that's similar to how depending of when you're born you graduate from high school either at 17 or 18. The coming of age is happening only once per year so many children should be either close of 16 or even 16 at that time.
That's the only way I can see it adding up for some characters seen later in the story.
Dec 14, 2019 3:14 AM
Sep 2017
Zefyris said:
Hurwitz said:

Hmmm...
I think that's similar to how depending of when you're born you graduate from high school either at 17 or 18. The coming of age is happening only once per year so many children should be either close of 16 or even 16 at that time.
That's the only way I can see it adding up for some characters seen later in the story.

I can't say whether it's different in the LN than it is in the WN (because it's much more of a pain for me to source) but I wouldn't bet on it, especially because it aligns with your thinking.

Dec 14, 2019 5:11 PM

Dec 2014
Well that became sad all of a sudden...
Dec 15, 2019 8:37 AM

May 2013
This show has gotten so much better. At the start it was chill, relaxed (pretty slow), and enjoyable, and now by the end it's become so much more than expected. can't help but love this show. Haven't seen beastars yet, but as of now this is my AOTS :')
Dec 15, 2019 11:57 PM

Oct 2008
no no no no no no!!! NO MORE TRAGEDY AND SAD MOMENTS PLS!!!
don't do this to me

Dec 16, 2019 5:14 PM

Sep 2018
Again, nobles always have many privileges 😞
Dec 20, 2019 7:51 AM

Apr 2019
Damn...The feels
The last scene made me really tear up.
Dec 20, 2019 10:02 AM
May 2012
Nieznajomy43 said:
Leo said:
So Freida will be a concubine. That's sad.

this wasn't uncommon in "her times" probable she would the same even if she didn't had Devouring but at least she would do this on her terms, now I hope that at least "her man" is not some stereotypical old ugly bastard.

Frieda has the luck to come from the wealthiest commoner's family, so her grandfather can negotiate for good conditions for getting her a husband. I'm assuming part of the negotiations were about the status Frieda would have (not a 5th-6th wife), how well she would be treated (like the right to own her own shop), and so on, including the age of her future husband (if her grandfather isn't an asshole...). For example, maybe her grandfather negotiated with a noble family, so that Frieda would become their son's wife.

Mica-Chan10 said:
Literally placing her life on their hands sounds terrifying. With the possibility of the noble to tire of her and no longer supply magical items. Am hopeful a magically binding contract is made so they're forced to abide by it for the rest of her life.

I haven't read the novel, but in the manga it was mentionned that Frieda's marriage is a contract they have with the noble, so I'm assuming it's a binding one, making sure that he'll have to provide magical items for the rest of Frieda's life.
Dec 20, 2019 11:02 AM

Dec 2016
daedalron said:
Nieznajomy43 said:

this wasn't uncommon in "her times" probable she would the same even if she didn't had Devouring but at least she would do this on her terms, now I hope that at least "her man" is not some stereotypical old ugly bastard.

Frieda has the luck to come from the wealthiest commoner's family, so her grandfather can negotiate for good conditions for getting her a husband. I'm assuming part of the negotiations were about the status Frieda would have (not a 5th-6th wife), how well she would be treated (like the right to own her own shop), and so on, including the age of her future husband (if her grandfather isn't an asshole...). For example, maybe her grandfather negotiated with a noble family, so that Frieda would become their son's wife.

Mica-Chan10 said:
Literally placing her life on their hands sounds terrifying. With the possibility of the noble to tire of her and no longer supply magical items. Am hopeful a magically binding contract is made so they're forced to abide by it for the rest of her life.

I haven't read the novel, but in the manga it was mentionned that Frieda's marriage is a contract they have with the noble, so I'm assuming it's a binding one, making sure that he'll have to provide magical items for the rest of Frieda's life.

We still didn't see any nobles so we don't know how they behave (but I highly doubt they will act like in Black Clover).
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.168/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.89/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.66/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Dec 28, 2019 1:58 AM

Oct 2019
kinship ties, which touches the heart, ganbatte maine
Jan 8, 2020 12:23 PM

Nov 2016
Poor dad :S

Hang in there Myne.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 12, 2020 2:18 PM

Jul 2016
*coughs* eXcuse me?! concubine? at the age of... 6?! OR HOWEVER OLD SHE IS? (she looks as young as main i'm done-)
bruh this anime is a fking sad story book, her dad drinking thoooo
Jan 13, 2020 11:27 AM

Apr 2013
Cazqui-09 said:
*coughs* eXcuse me?! concubine? at the age of... 6?! OR HOWEVER OLD SHE IS? (she looks as young as main i'm done-)

she's seven (only a few months older than Myne), but she' ll be concubine after her coming of age ceremony, which is held when they reach 15-16 so she isn't becoming a concubine right away.
Jan 13, 2020 11:29 AM

Jul 2016
Zefyris said:
Cazqui-09 said:

she's seven (only a few months older than Myne), but she' ll be concubine after her coming of age ceremony, which is held when they reach 15-16 so she isn't becoming a concubine right away.

thank god but still... the p word << 15-16, that ain't it fellas...
Jan 13, 2020 11:33 AM

Apr 2013
Cazqui-09 said:
Zefyris said:

I mean it's a medieval world, so the fact that they have a law stopping peoples from being married before 15-16 is waay better than what we had in our own world at that time period. Marrying at 12 wasn't rare, and let's not talk about stuff like having a 6 yo married to an adult like a certain important religious character had in our world, *cough cough*.
Jan 19, 2020 7:06 PM

Jul 2016
Zefyris said:
Cazqui-09 said:

I mean it's a medieval world, so the fact that they have a law stopping peoples from being married before 15-16 is waay better than what we had in our own world at that time period. Marrying at 12 wasn't rare, and let's not talk about stuff like having a 6 yo married to an adult like a certain important religious character had in our world, *cough cough*.

of course, of course but just because it wasn't rare back in ye olden days (although, i'd assume it's because the age expectancies and mindsets of when one is ready for marriage were way different) doesn't mean i'mma just be like well shucks! go on and get those old men, arrr! xD a 6 year old? married... to whomst? like a real person in our world? i didn't even know a 6 year old could marry, that seems admonishing even if it were the 1400's or something! not even arranged, just married, too. not saying i'm thinking about popes and catholic priests, but.
Feb 7, 2020 10:51 AM

Jan 2016
Awww I'm glad she told her family that was such a cute and sad ending.
Mar 15, 2020 11:14 AM

Apr 2011
That's really an emotional episode. There shouldn't be any worry about Maine revealing the pound cake, that's one part of the many knowledge she has. And its also in exchange for Frieda for helping her out. I really don't like Benno yelling at her. Its also annoying.

I'm not too worried about our little heroine's health since we get a 2nd season. Meaning she'll live throughout the first season. I'm guessing she'll find or make a cure about the devouring in the future.
Apr 26, 2020 10:53 PM

Jan 2019
Another great episode. I'm impressed by the uptick in my enjoyment considering how disappointed I was through the first 6 episodes.

But I think I yelled, "Oh God, no, what the fuck?" Four times this episode.

Frida is to be sold off as a concubine at 7 years old. You can say its a different era and whatever, but damn, that's dark as hell. I couldn't really enjoy the rest of the happy tone because... well that.
Apr 27, 2020 3:12 AM

Apr 2013
aplacebeyondMAL said:

Frida is to be sold off as a concubine at 7 years old. You can say its a different era and whatever, but damn, that's dark as hell. I couldn't really enjoy the rest of the happy tone because... well that.

No, you're confusing ceremonies. She's to be a concubine once she goes through the coming of age ceremony, which is when she turns 15. 7 is the baptism, not the same thing at all.
Apr 27, 2020 6:20 PM

Jan 2019
Zefyris said:
aplacebeyondMAL said:

No, you're confusing ceremonies. She's to be a concubine once she goes through the coming of age ceremony, which is when she turns 15. 7 is the baptism, not the same thing at all.

Ah I see. I had conflated the two since children are allowed to work once they are baptized.

I maintain that the fact that someone bought a 7 year old to be a future concubine still isn't great. I know, piping hot take.
Apr 28, 2020 3:11 AM

Apr 2013
aplacebeyondMAL said:
Zefyris said:

Ah I see. I had conflated the two since children are allowed to work once they are baptized.

I maintain that the fact that someone bought a 7 year old to be a future concubine still isn't great. I know, piping hot take.

Arranged weddings were quite common in our past too. And I think the contracting noble was ten times more interested by the money he's getting out of it than anything else, so not even sure he'll end up touching her even after 15. From the sound of it, he certainly doesn't sound like a bad guy.
Apr 30, 2020 9:14 PM

Jun 2011
Wow, this anime's getting all dramatic now. Very heartfelt episode but why do Myne's parents allow her to swear?
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
May 2, 2020 9:40 AM
Jan 2018
Angry_Anime_Nerd said:
Wow, this anime's getting all dramatic now. Very heartfelt episode but why do Myne's parents allow her to swear?

They probably don't know what she's saying
Jul 12, 2020 3:09 AM

Jul 2015
Damn 1 year the time to get another magical item or else Main dies... or perhaps a third option will show up (⌐■_■)

Kinda sad to know Frieda is to become a concubine

Feb 19, 2021 7:19 PM
Apr 2020
That last scene was heartbreaking
Mar 11, 2021 5:55 AM

Aug 2018
I mean.. I probably suspect you can release mana.. Just that Myne and people around her don't know any magic.. Or won't share.. As it really sounds logical.. If the problem is too much mana, why not just use it?.. Just even on some useless stuff.. Like we see magic here and there, like in contract or in door, or in another things.. So why Myne wouldn't be able to just release her mana by doing magic?.. It just sounds too obvious, I have no idea, why this thing isn't even being considered at all..
Mar 21, 2021 11:36 AM

May 2019
I did not like the start of the series, that obssession of Myne with books was so forced and out of tone...

But thankfully the series fixed it and this was the best episode so far, hitted hard in the feels.

Ok the books are important, but FUC* that a bit! Myne, you have a family that love you, you have ppl who care about you, you have your life to preserve, and NOT bevause the f** books.

It was a relief to see that the most emotional moment of this series was she realizing how she loves her family and her (new) life.

Well, im pretty sure now that her family will retribute it and send her to first noble that the dealers can find in this city, no matter Myne disagree, because that is to save her life. (in fact in first episode she was liviving with one, as we could guess).

And who said that nobles cant visit their poor families, even if in disguise, what stupid escuse for "choosing to die"
Jun 25, 2021 1:28 PM

May 2012
Poor Dad... He really, really loves his daughters more than anything in the world, he's made that very clear. He's already had to accept that Main was likely to die back when he learned she was frail and weak, but there was a glimmer of hope when she was showing signs of improvement to her health and he thought the Devouring was gone and presumably cured. I can't even imagine the heartbreak he had when he learned his youngest daughter was still going to die, and the worst part is that he knows there's temporary cures but it's outside of his capabilities... That hit me hard.
Sep 16, 2021 4:11 PM
Jul 2021
Ugh, WHY would you DIE instead of making an agreement. You KNOW you're going to die, it's a foregone conclusion. Why not just find a good person to make a contract with. Although I'm sure they will
Sep 22, 2021 5:29 PM

Mar 2013
Nooo!!! I don't want either Frida and Myne to become a concubine since they're still children and full of hopes and passion...

This episode was full of grief and sadness but I enjoyed it.

Finally, Myne confessed her condition to her family!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 9, 2022 6:29 AM

May 2020
Even Myne always had an idea how long her body can last for, but getting it straight on from someone else is spirit crushing, both for her and her family. And this episode didn't miss to capture the perfect essence of the circumstances all of them are going through, more so in last few minutes. Best episode so far for a reason.

And damn these nobles, taking these kids as concubines.
May 10, 2022 9:11 PM

Sep 2018
Pretty emotional episode, though she must make a contract with that guy who we saw in the beginning of episode one.
Jun 2, 2022 1:58 PM

Apr 2009
Maybe the magical tools can be made but unfortunately the nobles hold the knowledge and materials for those too! We haven't seen a single noble yet, is the High Priest a noble as well as he can use the magic-thingie from the very first episode?

...and she has given them another product to exploit and profit from without them well mostly Benno profiting of them, of course!

The last part was kinda hard to watch but we might as well get it over with.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 1, 2023 11:13 PM
Jun 2011
Barely keeping my tears in check.
Jan 4, 2023 6:55 AM

Dec 2018
wow so that was a real gut punch. especially the father's scene at the end. 
Mar 5, 2023 10:47 PM
Oct 2017
There goes my hope of her using common sense when it comes to business. Once she made that pound cake in front of them I was steaming! TF was she thinking, you might be a small child's body but you're a grown ass woman, ffs.

Her whole problem seems like it would be easy fix if they kind a way for her to learn magic, even as a commoner.
May 4, 2023 12:48 PM

Feb 2020
I really can't shake the feeling that there is something incredibly wrong about the whole thing. I mean, this version of Main isn't their daughter. She is Urano, a woman who, albeit unintentionally, took over the body of their dying girl and has completely replaced her without them even knowing. Not only is it truly weird that they still haven't realized it even when Lutz and Benno did (no matter how little these two care about this problem in the end), but it is so twisted to just replace their daughter and make them feel like their little girl is still with them even though she's not ! Their Main isn't dying, she's already dead ! That's so messed up.
And to add to that, this last scene could've been very emotional, but to me, it wasn't at all. Not only because of what I said before (if they even knew who she truly was yet still accepted her, that would've already been a tiny bit better than what is really going on), but also because it's just dumb. Why wouldn't they want for her to stay ? She is supposed to be their daughter, why would the matter of them keeping her even be a question ? Especially when you think about how she's supposed to be 5 or 6. Allowing her to stay when she asks to isn't heartwarming or anything like that, it's just... Well, what they have to do. That's normal. And on top of that, it baffles me that they didn't at all try to convince her to get a chance to live. Yes, she'd be away from them, but at least, she'd be alive and could still be happy. But no, let's just have her die in a year even if there's a chance for her to survive. Okay, trying to convince her would be a bit too much to ask from such a close family but at the very least, discuss it ! Just take Tuuli, she doesn't want Main to die, but she also doesn't want her to go. Well sorry girl, but as far as we know you can't have both. Okay, she is a kid, but the parents have no excuse to be so passive in this situation.
I won't even talk about Main's stupidity when it comes to business because that's probably intended by the show, although that definitely doesn't help.
Honestly it's not that I don't like this show, it's not bad but there are many things that just aren't right when I think about it and that's annoying.
Jul 16, 2023 7:08 PM

May 2022
I'm not crying. You are! ;-;

Episodes involving the theme of family always get me, whether it's a father, mother or both.
Jul 17, 2023 8:14 AM

Jul 2016
The magical items almost seems like a metaphor for insulin if you think about it, tho not so much on the working for a noble part.

How Myne has grown to love her foster isekai family as her own is genuinely really heartwarming, and man the shot of the dad and the hair pin almost got me emotional
Oct 12, 2023 5:35 PM
Jan 2023
That was quite the emotional episode, Myne having to reveal how long she actually has left to her family.

It really was a beautiful episode, and I really doubt they can top this.
Oct 23, 2023 2:28 PM
Aug 2019
family is the most important thing. this episode touched my heart
Feb 2, 9:10 PM
Nov 2023
nice episode, i rellay appreciate that one
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2019

67 by AnchientProphet2 »»
May 27, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2019

161 by AnchientProphet2 »»
May 27, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2019

92 by Dawizz »»
May 20, 6:04 PM

» Anime or manga

Hickykissy - Mar 26

6 by Phoenix35 »»
Mar 29, 3:25 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2019

74 by Paczek-12 »»
Feb 21, 5:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.