Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 25, 2019 7:49 PM
Mar 2015
Very cliché use of the lucky pervert
Jan 25, 2019 8:33 PM
Jul 2015
Yeah, fuck Nino. Don't like her. Miku is top tier though
Jan 25, 2019 9:27 PM

Aug 2010
Enjoyed this episode for all the cute Miku moments. Can't stand Nino though. Annoying Tsun character. I hear she gets better but I don't see it happening in the anime.
Jan 25, 2019 10:49 PM

Jan 2019
Miku is definitely best girl
Can mew imyagine an imyaginyary mewnyagerie mewnyager imyagining mewnyaging an imyaginyary mewnyagerie?
Jan 25, 2019 11:13 PM

Jul 2011
GenesisAria said:
People are just ultradumb these days... It used to be pretty standard for people to see through it. It's pretty obvious she's a good girl just going through a moody period, and yet everyone's like "WORST GIRL, WHAT A BITCH!"... I'd say the people trashing her for petty reasons are more the bad people here than the girl who just loves her sisters and doesn't want this weirdo messing with their family life. Her motives are in total earnest, which is the mark of a good person.

All these hate is pretty justifiable with how she conducts herself. One way or another everyone has an experience meeting a person like her and honestly no one ever tries to go beyond what they see and just straight up hate on the person. Nino drugged Fuutarou even if it was supposed to be comedic in the 1st episode, she brought it up again this episode and sent a threat to Fuutarou's direction that she won't think twice of pulling the same stunt just to eliminate him from their house. Having good motives doesn't equate on giving one the right to just do what they want without receiving repercussions. The way she lashes out may be a phase but that doesn't mean people should be lenient with that attitude of hers.

Hate is not the opposite of love, it's apathy. It's better for her to receive all these hate right now because these will be the seed that will grow on everyone once she reach that part in her character development.
Jan 26, 2019 12:13 AM

Nov 2007
Nino has developed a terrible personality because of her seeing her sisters go different directions as they grew up. The episode already gave multiple hints with her close up expressions. Notice how she placed her hand on Miku's back, the sister she had a fight with few minutes before, as they returned back to their apartment. That's the genuine Nino, not the one at face value who seems to bitch a lot.

She is just too protective of her sisters but she cannot say it out loud. Deep down she is actually very loving. Imagine if she were to find out what Ichika's been up to! Haha!

Well, she probably won't have enough opportunity to redeem herself in the anime because it's just gonna be 12 episodes. The anime is going to adapt the more character introductory chapters with some cliche tropes than the ones that come later down the line that actually made me like the manga so much.

Coming back to the best girl of the story i.e. Miku, she is actually the most frustrating one and even she knows it herself. But her strive to improve herself as someone who lacks the charming personality of Ichika, the straightforwardness of Nino, the upbeat personality of Yotsuba, and the determination of Itsuki makes her an extremely adorable character.

Ahh~ she makes me want to protect her!

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 26, 2019 1:34 AM

Jul 2014
I don't know about you guys, but i seriously can't stand with character personality like Nino, she is so annoying for me, saying people who studying is stupid just makes me shake my head more than before...
Jan 26, 2019 2:45 AM
Jan 2019
Yotsuba is strong girl
Jan 26, 2019 5:12 AM

Oct 2015
hahaha this episode is to remain me why I hate Nino so much 😪😪😪

Jan 26, 2019 7:17 AM
Jan 2016
Good episode!

Nino managed to ruin Fuutarou study lesson!

I am liking Miku even more, she is so adorable! And how cute she is blushign whenever sisters tell her that she have feeling for Fuutarou!

Nino vs Miku was really awesome, the food wars was awesome aswell!

Nino will be hard for Fuutarou, but i can understand her, she really cares about her sisters, but i would like to see some backstory from Nino to understand her reason!
Jan 26, 2019 7:53 AM
Jul 2013
Judgment526 said:
Tentaman said:
All these Nino haters don't understand at all...at least until we get to that chapter in the manga that is. If the anime would even go there at all.

It’s normal to not like Nino at this point in the story though. The anime unfortunately won’t get to Nino’s best parts this season.

Yeah man, it's normal for NPCs to hate on the type of character that she is, coz they can only look in a viewers perspectives

I just pity the NPCs, I'm really sad like right now, press F to pay respects
Jan 26, 2019 8:54 AM

May 2018

welp it's Tusndere Girl Nino's turned to be conquered, and it looks like it ain't gonna be easy. i wonder is she shaves or waxes down her?????

So:

Nino- tsundere
Miku-Kuudere
Yotsuba- bakadere
Itsuki-tsundere
Ichika-Hummm well, I don't think that there is a "dere" word for a whore, cu'z it looks like she is one.
Jan 26, 2019 9:11 AM

Dec 2009
Rapostrophe said:
All these hate is pretty justifiable with how she conducts herself. One way or another everyone has an experience meeting a person like her and honestly no one ever tries to go beyond what they see and just straight up hate on the person. Nino drugged Fuutarou even if it was supposed to be comedic in the 1st episode, she brought it up again this episode and sent a threat to Fuutarou's direction that she won't think twice of pulling the same stunt just to eliminate him from their house. Having good motives doesn't equate on giving one the right to just do what they want without receiving repercussions. The way she lashes out may be a phase but that doesn't mean people should be lenient with that attitude of hers.

Hate is not the opposite of love, it's apathy. It's better for her to receive all these hate right now because these will be the seed that will grow on everyone once she reach that part in her character development.
In my books, no form of hate is justifiable, period ever. The funny thing is how simple these girls are to understand. If i were in Fuutarou's shoes, taming this quintet would be childs' play. Even though she's feisty, i still find her charming like the rest, and her heart is in the right place. Also using some typical household sleeping pills in a mischievous way, while poor behaviour, is ultimately not harmful, as it just makes you drowsy until you fall asleep. We also can't forget, that ultimately, these girls are idiots. Nino can't figure it out, because she too is an idiot. While yes, she has the most debatably negative behaviours, i'm not one of those fools that believes in that "ends don't justify means" crap. Not everything has an easy solution, not everyone is unconflicted. Not everyone is capable of speaking their mind properly, and needs someone keen to help unwind the tangled mess in their mind. As i said before, this didn't used to be much of a problem for anime viewers to grasp, because this principle is demonstrated in almost every nichijou-kei ("slice of life") anime, and is an important factor in understanding people both in fictional worlds and in reality.

That said, your idea of hate to combat apathy so they can later be convinced is not a bad one at all. But gotta remember, most people irl, are even more dim-witted and short-sighted than these girls, and it's highly probable they will either persist their irrational hate-train, or be turned so easy that it's all vapid and superficial for them anyway.

shanimebib said:
Nino has developed a terrible personality because of her seeing her sisters go different directions as they grew up. The episode already gave multiple hints with her close up expressions. Notice how she placed her hand on Miku's back, the sister she had a fight with few minutes before, as they returned back to their apartment. That's the genuine Nino, not the one at face value who seems to bitch a lot.

She is just too protective of her sisters but she cannot say it out loud. Deep down she is actually very loving. Imagine if she were to find out what Ichika's been up to! Haha!
Yeah that's what i mean, she just has troubles admitting to herself, which is essentially a more sophisticated/realistic form of tsundere. She's not my type, but she's not bad, and all the hate is completely uncalled for. Like is aid, people are ultra shallow and short sighted these days, it's sad.

shanimebib said:
Coming back to the best girl of the story i.e. Miku, she is actually the most frustrating one and even she knows it herself. But her strive to improve herself as someone who lacks the charming personality of Ichika, the straightforwardness of Nino, the upbeat personality of Yotsuba, and the determination of Itsuki makes her an extremely adorable character.

Ahh~ she makes me want to protect her!
Yes, Miku, as adorable as she is, still is unable to properly accept herself, and that's why she gets so embarrassed all the time etc, but that's charming.

Again it's this state of imperfection that is what appeals, and this is not unlike Nino's or any of the rest, they all have flaws. Yotsuba may seem good to go personality-wise, but i could tell right from the beginning of the series, that she is likely going to take the longest to even realize the subtle problems that lie underneath.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 26, 2019 9:21 AM

Dec 2009
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

Nino- tsundere
Miku-Kuudere
Yotsuba- bakadere
Itsuki-tsundere
Ichika-Hummm well, I don't think that there is a "dere" word for a whore, cu'z it looks like she is one.

Nino - tsundere (modern)
Miku - dandere, or more likely hajidere
Yotsuba - genki
Itsuki - tsundere (classic)
Ichika - eronna / onee-san (A-type)

"dere" does not always apply, just a note.

GenesisAriaJan 26, 2019 9:26 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 26, 2019 10:02 AM

Nov 2007
GenesisAria said:
Again it's this state of imperfection that is what appeals, and this is not unlike Nino's or any of the rest, they all have flaws. Yotsuba may seem good to go personality-wise, but i could tell right from the beginning of the series, that she is likely going to take the longest to even realize the subtle problems that lie underneath.

Yotsuba already has one of the biggest problems that has been shown in the anime already. She is the polar opposite of Nino which makes her problems far more troublesome than those of someone like Nino's (who is like an open book). So, good on you to foresee that!

The fight amongst the quints may seem childish at this point but if you guys can't tell already, they will only get fiercer later on. And then all sorts of unpredictably will be thrown in in the mix. If anyone takes the quints at their face value, they are done for. Those who have been reading this manga are already at their wits end trying to add all the bits and pieces together to come up with theories after theories. And just when we think we have got it down, Negi drops another bit in the mix almost nullifying everything that we had been working on. Ah~ if only Fujiwara Chika was in this anime. We would let her handle this!

I will ask the viewers again to pay more attention to the interactions amongst the quints than their interactions with Fuu. This is where Gotoubun really distinguishes itself from our standard harem romcoms.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 26, 2019 11:16 AM
Apr 2016
I really damn hated the accusation scene, like god fucking damn is it that hard to state your reason instead of awkwardly sitting quiet?! Like why would it drag for so long? I didn't like this episode, it was really annoying.
Jan 26, 2019 5:03 PM

Feb 2018
So sexy Nino xD, but Miku more better :)
Jan 26, 2019 7:45 PM
Oct 2018
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

welp it's Tusndere Girl Nino's turned to be conquered, and it looks like it ain't gonna be easy. i wonder is she shaves or waxes down her?????

So:

Nino- tsundere
Miku-Kuudere
Yotsuba- bakadere
Itsuki-tsundere

Nope. This is not nino's arc.
How dare you call ichika a whore.
Jan 26, 2019 8:48 PM

Oct 2010
I mean yeah, this episode was supposed to be for Nino, but Miku still was the mvp. Its so cute how shes gradually showing her true feelings :)

Also cutest op this season
Jan 26, 2019 11:43 PM

Oct 2008
yea, i hate stubborn girls like Nino...
3/5.

Jan 27, 2019 6:46 AM

Oct 2017
Damn, not really surprised about people hating Nino. But I do find her to be reasonable.
Jan 27, 2019 7:18 AM

Oct 2017
CeddyyBearr said:
Somehow I ended up in Food Wars!

That moment I instantly had to google "Dutch Baby"... I am dutch and I had never heard of it. Appearently it's a German Pancake, the more you know.

Either way, eventho Nino's personality sucks, she seems to be a pretty good cook! Unlike Miku, who cooked something that didn't look very appealing. I suppose it still tasted alrght.

Eating Dutch Baby right now, i had to try this, lol.
It's pretty good.
Jan 27, 2019 7:25 AM

Feb 2017
actually more blind than bulldog and gorp OMEGALUL
actually not pretending Pepega HyperClap

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Jan 27, 2019 8:46 AM

May 2018
25NOVember said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

So:

Nino- tsundere
Miku-Kuudere
Yotsuba- bakadere
Itsuki-tsundere

Cu'z I like to, unless your in love with her.........LOL.
Jan 27, 2019 11:34 AM

Jul 2015
Nino is freaking annoying... Miku for best girl
Jan 27, 2019 3:28 PM

Mar 2011
Ok episode. I loved watching Miku.
Jan 28, 2019 6:29 AM
Aug 2014
The show was just well made until now. Now I'm also invested in the characters. It's really solid overall.

Miku smiling killed me.
Jan 28, 2019 6:31 AM
Aug 2014
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
25NOVember said:

Smells like incel spirit!
Jan 28, 2019 8:30 PM
Feb 2016
Guatafat said:
Tsundere = trash
don't @ me

What anime is your gif from? I remember seeing this girl somewhere but I forget the anime
Jan 29, 2019 1:54 AM

May 2013
Miku-chan kawaii <3333333
Her omurice prolly looked bad but tasted g8 :D That blush gave me life <3

I like the name Nino and her character design, but Nino is def annoying and frustrating xD idk how some ppl like tsundere characters so much lol. I can't stand them.

Honestly, Futaro's imouto is a model sister lol X) so adorbs and responsible at her young age -^___^-
Jan 29, 2019 4:50 AM

May 2018
So far so good. I bet Nino is going to be more important later on, she's the kind of character that shows nice development over time and probably will start to like Fuutarou, since she will be getting a lot of attention of him probably, even though I have no reasons to like her I'm excited to see what's next. As for Miku, she's really interesting and cute, best girl so far, but too soon to tell. Dunno about the others. I think Ichika is the hotter, Itsuki has an aura of main character, but I don't know yet. I don't care much for Yotsuba, but she's alright.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Jan 29, 2019 8:49 AM

May 2018
JJH_ said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

Smells like incel spirit!

Well, that only for them guys who can't get laid. Jaz saying
Jan 29, 2019 9:18 PM

Dec 2016
Nino has a reasonable perspective but of course her attitude and demeanor stink to high heaven. I'm sure she will have a charming arc where her character develops and she learns to like the MC and it'll be just wholesome through and through. And I could not care less.
Jan 30, 2019 12:10 AM

May 2015
The one who said Ichika is a whore must be crucified and his remainings fed to the pigs. I'm not even team Ichika but I like her. She's like Kanbaru from the Monogatari series.
Anyway we all know the actual best girl never wins in this kind of anime. I'm talking about Yotsuba, she's kind and energetic (opposite of Miku who looks like she's about to die). Yotsuba has only had a few scenes but that has been enough for me to decide she's the one.
Jan 30, 2019 5:01 AM

Jul 2017
Supersky said:
Guatafat said:
Tsundere = trash
don't @ me

What anime is your gif from? I remember seeing this girl somewhere but I forget the anime

Holo from Spice and Wolf
Jan 30, 2019 8:27 AM

Sep 2014
Miku after finishing her omurice TOO PRECIOUS also when Nino said she had feeling for Fuutarou HNNNNNGGGG
Nino's eyesight is so poor she can't recognize Fuutarou when he's literally in front of her pretty funny.
Jan 31, 2019 12:26 AM

Mar 2010
I was waiting for Fuutarou to say something like "if you're content with being a failure then skip my lessons if you must, just don't drag your sisters down to your level"

Needless to say I was disappointed >.>
Jan 31, 2019 9:20 AM

Dec 2016
So funny episode.
I like this show for no reason and after every episode I can't wait for the next one, maybe cuz the feeling of "how will he teach them at the end?" OR because of some lovely romance with tsundere expressions.
MH93Jan 31, 2019 9:25 AM
Feb 4, 2019 5:35 AM

Jan 2011
Reminder disliking Nino is shit taste.
Feb 5, 2019 9:00 PM
Aug 2016
All of these hate for Nino. and here i am can't wait until

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenApr 6, 2019 10:20 PM
Feb 6, 2019 8:27 PM

Jan 2013
Miku is slowly becoming the best girl, they can't match her xD
It will be hard to make Nino study xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 8, 2019 8:44 AM

Aug 2017
Not a fan of Nino. She is annoying. Also, the fanservice scenes gets boring and repetitive.

Miku is adorable!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 19, 2019 5:25 PM

Oct 2012
I see, so she's lvl2 monster, 2+ episodes would be needed to clear her out.

Still, I like how every other girl still stays relevant, would be weird otherwise. But I wonder how he copes with the situation where every girl loves him in the end, so far it seems Miku is the closest one to him.
Apr 4, 2019 12:17 AM

Jul 2016
Right... like if I were to eat the food the one who drugged me made... seeing Miku smiling and blushing when Fuutarou complimented her omurice was adorable tho.

And also yeah, I was already wondering when the typical "sorry, I fell over your almost naked body while trying to save you" scene would happen. Absolutely generic and the following scene with Fuutarou being unable to explain how things happened like any normal person didn't make the episode more bearable either.

Overall, awful episode featuring an incredibly annoying character. People say she's "best girl" in the manga but clearly I can't understand why... and I couldn't care less about her reasons either so...
Apr 6, 2019 8:35 PM

Aug 2017
Nino establishing herself firmly in last place, meanwhile Miku clearly in first with second Yotsuba. Nino is the least cute too.

I love how the MC is a real man as below.

Apr 8, 2019 8:28 PM

May 2012
The pacing is extremely good to be honest, the focus on the specific sisters sure is also quite nice! Really looking forwards to see what's next.
Apr 9, 2019 3:54 AM

Sep 2014
Nino's turn.. Ughh..

Not gonna lie I didn't like her more this EP. Uesugi trying his best to console her yet she shuns him just like that. I get her POV on why she's like that but it's still not my cup of tea. I can confidently say she's my least favorite among the sisters

On another note, this was the funniest EP yet. From the cooking battle to the judgement scene, I had a good laugh from it. More importantly though, Miku having some kind of affection for Uesugi and acting all cute while showing it? Yeah she's definitely on top of the sister list for me ~

Next sister up!
Jul 18, 2019 8:44 PM
Dec 2018
Itsuki is so adorable~😍
Oct 2, 2019 9:37 PM
Nov 2014
I don't understand why everyone has a boner over this anime. It's the typical shitty harem where the mc is getting called a pervert for existing. That bitch tsundere and the first girl (don't even wanna bother rememebring her name) are scum. Miku and that sporty girl are cool but that's it. And I don't care for "she'll get better later" excuse. She will always be trash after what she did this episode.
Accelerator48Oct 3, 2019 5:12 AM
Nov 12, 2019 12:41 AM

Aug 2015
Speaking as someone with bad vision, Nino not seeing Uesugi enough to distinguish him from a redhaired female (Miku), or even see him at all, without her contacts strains credulity...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

307 by Taokaghoul »»
Sep 16, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2019

167 by SpaceDreamSD »»
Sep 5, 4:55 PM

» Missing soundtrack?

QTG128 - Sep 1

1 by MikamiSatoru_ »»
Sep 1, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2019

239 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Aug 27, 12:01 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2019

123 by Questod »»
Aug 17, 4:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.