Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 31, 2017 4:14 PM

Jul 2015
actually skipping throughout the episode... i should probably just drop this
Oct 31, 2017 4:20 PM

Aug 2013
no deaths....what?
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 31, 2017 4:40 PM

Jan 2014
Lol RIP Horse, judging by the episode, he may die?

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 31, 2017 4:52 PM
Sep 2015
At the start they said 3 more to die even though it should be 2, cuz snake, dog, chicken, and boar died, but I think snake is still in the game. The anime has so far followed the zodiac in order on whose gunna die next, first boar, then dog, then chicken, but snake finds no place in this order, if going by this order it would be monkey then sheep next, which makes sense, since both of them are currently in a dangerous position. Just a hypothesis that i found interesting while watching the show :/, overall a nice episode.
Oct 31, 2017 4:52 PM
Mar 2015
We need a prequel series of the war in space, that would be brilliant.
Oct 31, 2017 5:44 PM

Sep 2016
nobody died *gasp*
and the quality went to shit rough drawings instantly during rat vs corpse at office building lmao
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 31, 2017 6:06 PM

Sep 2015
The Sheep guy is actually doing this to save his family from shredding blood.
Oct 31, 2017 7:08 PM
Aug 2017
Why i'm the only one to love and hate Rabbit at the same time ? Weird.
Oct 31, 2017 8:54 PM

Aug 2014
A flashback in a flashback. Please I just want to watch people die. 3 in 1 next episode?
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 31, 2017 9:00 PM

Jul 2016
Aaaand no deaths again. Some sorta shit's gonna go down in the next one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2017 10:34 PM

Jan 2010
UrbanJahts said:
Shicchi said:

I want Rabbit to last until the end T~T
He's my main reason for watching this show lol

I just feel like he’s going to be one of those characters where if you take away his psychotic trait. There would be no interesting character there. I know his ‘episode’ explaining his past hasn’t come yet but I don’t think “having a past” counts as a character trait.

Having a past doesn't counts as a charactert trait, but as character depth ;D
Rabbit hits many of my preferences in a character lol
And yeah well I just love to watch crazy character in general haha
Looking forward to learn about his backstory. I really like his pic surrounded by rabbit wearing farmer outfit in the ending
Oct 31, 2017 11:08 PM

Jun 2016
Apparently, everyone around the world is using the Juuni Taisen to gamble and like to have some kind of control of the world. Someone further enlighten me if I misunderstood the essence of Juuni Taisen. Haha.

Apparently, Sheep only won the tournament once and for the sake of his grandson, he volunteered to be their family's representative for this year's Juuni Taisen instead of his grandson. And his wish for winning the past Juuni Taisen is to see his grandson. Aww.

Usagi is terrifying, alright. "Huh? Uhhhhhhh? Uhhhh" Hahaha. He only makes those sounds when he's trying to kill Shuryuu, but it already sends shivers down my spine.

So, in Sheep's Juuni Taisen, it was held in outer space? What the fuck. Haha. Those poor other Juuni Taisen candidates died in the outer space. Lmfao. And apparently he didn't swallow the poison. Nice.

Poor Horse guy, maan. I sincerely want him to survive this game. He seems sooooo nice. Goddamnit, Ox. Get away from him. ;-; HORSE GUY, Shuryuu, and Nezumi must be protected at all costs! Fuck the rest! Hahaha.

That Tiger sure doesn't care what the fuck is going around with her. I almost forgot about her. Hahaha.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 31, 2017 11:26 PM
Nov 2016
psychogum said:
thesarcasticguy said:

I am not someone who likes hurting animals either but the thing is, those birds are already dead.... Rabbit is a necromancer, that's how he's controlling them. Now I know that people will say that he is actually controlling the chicken who in turn is controlling the birds but the rooster was blinded before she was killed, so even if she is sorta revived, she can't control birds.

If I was in the monkey's place, I'd bitch slap every friggin' bird.

forget bitch slapping, she was going full on kung fu on them birdies. obviously her judgment was clouded by her extreme pacifism...and I can see how that naive thinking will come back to bite her in the arse sooner rather than later. Monkey is my fav but i don't agree with her ideals too.

I think Rabbit controls the birds that inoshishi killed since boar was his 'friend' which means boar's kills are his and that's how he gets to control the dead birds.

I just hope Ox makes it to the last episode. I still have my money on Rat to win.
Oct 31, 2017 11:31 PM

May 2010
Okay with Tora, best girls trio is complete (along with Niwatori and Saru)
Oct 31, 2017 11:34 PM

May 2010
miguitronik said:
Well, the stories and motivations behind the different characters are a bit more interesting than what I expected initially.

Sheep is an interesting character. Even if they didn't show a background as messed up as the Boar or Monkey, it's still quite tragic that even after winning a Juuni Taisen he is forced to go instead of his granddaughter. Also, it looks like winning isn't even his plan, he just wants to kill every participant to blueball the Taisen Backers.

Now, after two weeks without deaths, I expect a bloodbath next week, or at least an unexpected reveal.

He wasn't forced to go. He chose to go himself because his grandchild was all like you can't stand a chance in the current battles and he took it personally and possibly wanted to prove him wrong. Also because he wanted to protect his family and didn't want then to go through the same experiences, him having lived most of his share already.
TragicRomanceOct 31, 2017 11:40 PM
Nov 1, 2017 1:46 AM
Aug 2015
As expected, the episode focused on 🐑. He met 🐅 who is the weakest contestant according to his data. But I kinda doubt that, since she was included in top 3 characters in the credits lol. On the other side, 🐒 still fighting with🐇, she asked him to re-join the team, but he refused to answer. 🐁 struggling to fight the headless 🐍, who can't see anything, but sensing someone by the vibration. I guess...

No one dies in this episode, just like the previous one. Next episode will be about 🐎, who was still safe after he ran away from the 🐂.
Nov 1, 2017 4:04 AM

Jul 2016
Wonder what type of power Tiger has.

Drunken boxing maybe?
Nov 1, 2017 4:27 AM
Feb 2017
Im pretty sure that sheep is going to die in next ep..
Nov 1, 2017 4:44 AM

Jan 2015
oooh I like Tiger! maybe she's not as weak as Sheep thinks.
I wonder how the battle between Monkey and Rabbit is going to end.
loved the soundtrack, suits this anime perfectly
also, "eheheh. eeeeee. eaeaeaeaeae" - Rabbit, this episode
Nov 1, 2017 5:33 AM
Jan 2016
Now this is the format I would've preferred the first three episodes to be in: dedicate an episode to fleshing out a character, pepper it with how the other contestants are faring, and end with them getting into a situation they didn't expect (that isn't an anticlimactic death).

Little sad that they couldn't keep the quality of the first episode for the entire season, but it's not unexpected.
Nov 1, 2017 5:39 AM
Jan 2017
Shicchi said:
UrbanJahts said:
I just want the rabbit and damn rat to die!
On second thought a double kill of those two would be great 😏

omg same! I've been super attracted to Nobuhiko Okamoto's voice ever since his role of Bakugou xD and he's done an amazing psychotic voice of rabbit so far :)
Nov 1, 2017 5:54 AM

Jan 2010
baekbeans said:
Shicchi said:

omg same! I've been super attracted to Nobuhiko Okamoto's voice ever since his role of Bakugou xD and he's done an amazing psychotic voice of rabbit so far :)

omg are you me?! XD
Yess, he'd done a fantastic job voicing Rabbit's psychotic giggling and screaming.
Nov 1, 2017 6:10 AM

Apr 2015
a bit slow episode... more focus on Sheep...
oh wait, he didn't eat the rock... lol
looks like in this battle royale, Tiger and Rat are newcomers right??
a lot don't know about them...

the battle between Mouse and Rabbit kinda intense... hope mouse survives
Nov 1, 2017 6:38 AM

Dec 2016
tiger will probably kill sheep next episodes. the rule so far is - underestimate ur opponent and u die

and tiger is best girl, her voice is great
Nov 1, 2017 7:30 AM

Mar 2010
I was pleasantly surprised to see Sheep got his episode and didn't die. So far he is my favorite as I like kick-ass old men! And he doing it for a good cause to not let his grandchild get killed!

And finally we get Tiger as well in the end of the episode and she might be stronger than she seems and I hope they will work together, but one of them will probably kill the other. And Tiger is so far my second favorite!
Nov 1, 2017 9:43 AM
May 2015
TheDoggoneGirl said:

Poor Horse guy, maan. I sincerely want him to survive this game. He seems sooooo nice. Goddamnit, Ox. Get away from him. ;-;

I know,riiight ( ; A ; ) He's too nice for being in a battle royale off killing people,I wonder if he even kills or is he just using defense. Which really makes me want to know more about him and his backstory (although that will most likely mean his death since the next episode will focus on him,and also according to the reverse zodiac order IF Monkey will die)!!

And just how old is Sheep,haha? I suppose he was like 25-30 during his previous Juuni Taisen,and it was the ninth...That would mean 25+3x12,soo,61-66 years.
Maybe being drunk boosts Tora's abilities..? Mehh. BUT DANG IT,whenever you are underestimating a certain Juuni Taisen participant,you will get killed by the exactly same person. Don't do that,kids.
NatsukiMutouNov 2, 2017 1:46 AM
Nov 1, 2017 11:00 AM

Jul 2012
Yay, I'm happy this anime is starting to pick up! This episode was really interesting to watch as it involved a background story that didn't result in someone's (immediate) death. But, Sheep is really behind on what is happening on the game, he still thinks Boar and Dog are alive. But, his strategy is interesting and it was nice to see how Snake (or that is Dragon?) locate his target even without a head.
The beggining kinda reminds me of Deadman Wonderland with all the faceless betting and all. I love how some of them are "Ohhh, this is too predictable and boring!"LOL I get you bro, second and third episodes were pretty bad lol
Juuni Taisei IN SPACE! Maybe next one is going to be ON MOTORCYCLES!

Now I'm gonna clap my hands again, because it is getting good! \o/
taynisNov 1, 2017 11:03 AM

Nov 1, 2017 11:43 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so the Juni taisen is essentially a proxy war fought between warriors from different countries in the place of more conventional wars then that was surprising. So even the higher ups don't know anything about rat then how mysterious. So Hitsuji is opting to sit things out until things change then smart move. So Soma survived his battle with Eiji then it seems lucky him. So the ram was a arms dealer previously then. So he decided to take part in this battle this year to both protect his family but also because he wanted to prove that he's still got it. Sheep using the dolls to represent the different fighters though were cute. So Rabbit was only buying time for the birds then. So that explosion in the beginning was caused by Sheep then. For a headless corpse its tracking rat pretty well. An interesting episode and the insight into Sheeps past was pretty interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2017 12:29 PM
Mar 2016
Oh dang, it's all of the old man's monologue , so I'm guess it's gonna be Horsey's turn for a monologue......
Nov 1, 2017 2:08 PM

Jul 2009
Interesting, so the Juuni Taisen is a proxy war that will actually have real world influences huh? Man I LOVE old sheepy, his character really appeals to me and the little animal figurines are so cute :3 I'm rooting for the Usagi team over the Monkey team, not sure about Ox. Seems like Horse is confirmed alive for now at least. We get to see Tiger a bit, and the instant that Sheepy started saying she was dead last I knew that she would surprise him. I was surprised nobody died this episode, Sheep tripped so many death flags XD Also it seems like Usagi is controlling the birds because they're dead and not using Niwatori's power, which makes sense. Though his "fight" with Sharyu was pretty boring >_< If anything, out of the survivors so far I'd like to see Sheep, Ox, and Usagi be the top 3, even though I doubt that will happen :P
Nov 1, 2017 2:19 PM
Apr 2016
NatsukiMutou said:
TheDoggoneGirl said:

Poor Horse guy, maan. I sincerely want him to survive this game. He seems sooooo nice. Goddamnit, Ox. Get away from him. ;-;

I know,riiight ( ; A ; ) He's too nice for being in a battle royale off killing people,I wonder if he even kills or is he just using defense. Which really makes me want to know more about him and his backstory (although that will most likely mean his death since the next episode will focus on him,and also according to the reverse zodiac order)!!

And just how old is Sheep,haha? I suppose he was like 25-30 during his previous Juuni Taisen,and it was the ninth...That would mean 25+3x12,soo,61-66 years.
Maybe being drunk boosts Tora's abilities..? Mehh. BUT DANG IT,whenever you are underestimating a certain Juuni Taisen participant,you will get killed by the exactly same person. Don't do that,kids.

Wow start learning to count. The battle is conducted every 12 years, that means if he was 30 when it was the first one, then it would mean for the ninth battle he is 30+12*9=30+108=148. Two plus two is for minus one is three, really simple math for the block.
Re:formed
Nov 1, 2017 4:28 PM

Sep 2012
I'm still wondering if Snake has an ability he can use. He's just been using his flamethrower. Ability wise I'm also curious on what Sheep and Tigers are. My dream match would be Ox vs Usagi. :)
Nov 1, 2017 7:13 PM

Oct 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
NatsukiMutou said:

I know,riiight ( ; A ; ) He's too nice for being in a battle royale off killing people,I wonder if he even kills or is he just using defense. Which really makes me want to know more about him and his backstory (although that will most likely mean his death since the next episode will focus on him,and also according to the reverse zodiac order)!!

Wow start learning to count. The battle is conducted every 12 years, that means if he was 30 when it was the first one, then it would mean for the ninth battle he is 30+12*9=30+108=148. Two plus two is for minus one is three, really simple math for the block.

You may have a problem with comprehension. What NatsukiMutou said was if Sheep was 25-30 during his PREVIOUS Juuni Taisen, which was the ninth Juuni Taisen, not the first Juuni Taisen. And if the current Juuni Taisen is the 12th, then the ninth Juuni Taisen was held 36 years prior. So Sheep would be around 61-66 for the current one.Your math is good but you may want to work on your reading comprehension.
Nov 1, 2017 9:11 PM

Oct 2017
the episode was kind of weird in two ways for me because #1 they kept saying Monkey was comparable to Ox and Rabbit which I don't totally agree with but I feel like more details will be revealed about Monkey's "plan" later that will confirm why she is in the top 3 and #2 literally all of Sheep's plans required characters that were already dead, which I just thought was kind of funny but also kind of a waste of an episode.

Like sure we got sheep's backstory but for him to spend an entire episode talking about teaming up with dog, boar, and horse when only one of them is alive is kind of silly. would've preferred to see more of monkey and rabbits fight tbh

im excited to find out more about rat because his secret power definitely has something to do with the fact that everybody recognizes him from somewhere even though he is supposedly a regular high school student

can't wait for more !!
Nov 2, 2017 12:12 AM

Feb 2017
So we finally get to see Tiger and she's on some parkbench drinking lol.

I can't blame her tho I would probably do the same if I had to fight those guys.
Nov 2, 2017 3:05 AM

Aug 2010
I really thought that sheep guy would die this episode haha
Nov 2, 2017 7:59 AM

May 2012
I have feeling that the sheep and monkey will die soon because we have seen their flashback. Character that has flashback are the ones that died so far.

We have not seen the The Rabbit and Rat flashback yet, so I doubt that they will die any time soon. I'm also not surprised that the Horse survived because we have not seen his story yet.
Nov 2, 2017 8:04 AM

Jul 2015
Monkey vs Rabbit, started out as the most awkward fight ever and then picked up well, but then just got kind of weird once the birds showed up. Sheep makin plans not knowing several of the people are already dead and I forgot Tiger was a thing and now I know why. Kind of makes me wonder, if your as weak as Tiger seems to be, your busy drinkin on the beach seemingly not caring about anything, would anybody even bother coming after you? Just seems like a waste of energy really.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Nov 2, 2017 10:49 AM

Dec 2014
Fucking love Tiger already. Just off getting shit-faced on a bench. x'D

Sheep has a pretty damn noble reason for entering the Juuni Taisen. I don't want him to win but regardless you have to respect his motives.
Nov 2, 2017 12:04 PM

Jul 2016
I think Sheep's about to die :|
Nov 2, 2017 2:35 PM

Jun 2013
whoa the dude a Juuni Taisen in space!!
Nov 2, 2017 3:57 PM
Nov 2017
Seems every time we get to know a character they die in the same episode but not this time. Sheep basiclly just made a teir list for us OR just showed the odds.
I think ox is really basic so unless he pull out something cool, he can go die. Horse too, not interesting at all.
I want to see monkey kill cos her power is pretty op as is bunny's. He basically traded boar for chicken's power.
I wonder what dragon will do if he faces snake (which he probably will) i think he'll loose tho.
Everybody seems to recognise rat so I THINK AND HOPE that his power has something to do with manipulating memories or something along those lines
Nov 2, 2017 10:53 PM

Oct 2008
so many revealing of the past flashbacks of the warriors for deathflag triggering but no one is still hitting the bucket since episode 4 huh...
The tiger warrior has heightened senses that's why she was just just drinking or maybe she really needs to be sober in-order for her senses to be that sensitive...either way grams is in trouble for sure...against Tiger warrior!
4/5.

Nov 3, 2017 12:16 AM

Jan 2013
Surprising not a single death again. I dont remember Tiger.
Nov 3, 2017 10:19 PM

Jan 2013
The old guy tricked everyone huh.
So there is a Tiger xD I like her motivation hahaha
I think that it will end with Monkey, Bull, and Mouse finding the HQ of the organization and killing everyone.
I was actually very impressed with Monkey's skills, she is smart but also very strong.
We still don't know much about the mouse, hope to see his abilities in the next episode.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 4, 2017 7:39 PM

Dec 2016
Real glad Horse is alive, but if Sheep fucking tricks him imma be reallll pissed
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 4, 2017 9:11 PM

Feb 2012
I completely forgot Tiger. I was confused who was on the bench lol. I'm liking the old dude decent episode overall.
Nov 5, 2017 1:03 AM

Jan 2013
I really wanted to see that Juuni Taisen in space.

Sheep is such an experienced fighter in the game lol. He managed to outrun Ox and possibly damage him with the explosions.

Anyone else thinks Tigers powers come from her drunkenness?
Nov 6, 2017 10:53 AM
Mar 2017
Shicchi said:
» I love Rabbit vs Monkey fight. Rabbit's movement is so beautiful (*´﹃`)♥
» Hoping to hear Okamoto's voice but all Rabbit did this episode is giggling lol
» Snake moving around headless is a tiny bit creepy. So he detects movement from vibration.
» I really like Sheep. He just want to see his grandchild
» Tiger is assumed to be the weakest. But she could sense Sheep watching her from the shadow. Interesting.
» Even though the main focus is Sheep, unlike previous episodes, the focus switched around quite often. We got a glimpse of Horse vs Ox fight before.
» So sheep didn't swallow the Juuseki. Why didn't he just wait for times up then? Did I miss something?
» We got a glimpse of Boar ♥

Looking forward to next!

Well i think he could and then he would live but he also wouldn't win. The thing with the jewels though is that they dissolve and poison the target. To win he has to kill the other targets and get the jewel before it dissolves. Unless I'm interpreting that wrong but I'm pretty sure thats why he doesn't just lay low. Hope I helped.
Nov 6, 2017 11:25 AM

Jan 2010
Ludicolobro said:
Shicchi said:
» I love Rabbit vs Monkey fight. Rabbit's movement is so beautiful (*´﹃`)♥
» Hoping to hear Okamoto's voice but all Rabbit did this episode is giggling lol
» Snake moving around headless is a tiny bit creepy. So he detects movement from vibration.
» I really like Sheep. He just want to see his grandchild
» Tiger is assumed to be the weakest. But she could sense Sheep watching her from the shadow. Interesting.
» Even though the main focus is Sheep, unlike previous episodes, the focus switched around quite often. We got a glimpse of Horse vs Ox fight before.
» So sheep didn't swallow the Juuseki. Why didn't he just wait for times up then? Did I miss something?
» We got a glimpse of Boar ♥

Looking forward to next!

Well i think he could and then he would live but he also wouldn't win. The thing with the jewels though is that they dissolve and poison the target. To win he has to kill the other targets and get the jewel before it dissolves. Unless I'm interpreting that wrong but I'm pretty sure thats why he doesn't just lay low. Hope I helped.

Oh you're right! Thanks for the explanation!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Should I avoid watching the ED until after I've finished the series?

Jax - Jan 22

4 by StarlightShiba »»
Jan 31, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

211 by Stuntdrath »»
Dec 27, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2017

197 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 7:28 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2017

222 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 5:48 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2017

293 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 5:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.