Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 27, 2017 7:59 AM
Jun 2016
I actually loved this finale. Yes it was different but good. Loved the rpg story. The gelantinous cube, slime, tentacle monster cross had me LOLing and of course the wrestling match
I will miss this show. Thanks for the entertainment.
Sep 27, 2017 9:58 PM

Aug 2013
Rather than have a traditional finale, it switched it up to just a light hearted, essentially comedic episode. Which kind of worked out since the entire show followed an episodic format. And each episode was two separate chapters put together.

I gotta say I found the show to be absolutely brilliant. I thought this was going to be some monster girl fanservice show for me to indulge in, but it was far from it, and also oh so much more.

I'm not sure why people hated it so much. I could probably guess that if it didn't have monster girls in it it'd be rated much higher. The randomness of the episodes probably threw people off too.

But that's also part of what I think makes it so great too. This show had probably so of the most, if not the most complex and detailed world building I've ever seen in a show, and part of that was due to this taking place with monster species.

- They went as far to create a scientific theory for this fictional world as to why the animal/humanoid species of evolution even came to exist.
- They went into detail about how certain species wear clothes: how centaurs put on clothes, how people with animal ears wear glasses, how people with tails wear clothes etc.
- They showed how other species perceive clothes - how the Antarticans tend to wear bland robes and aren't fashionable, and how merfolk tend to go mostly nude and it doesn't bother one another.
- They even showed in detail how a car was designed for a centaur to drive it.
- They invented a sport around centaurs and archery.
- They depicted a detailed monster specie alternative to WWII.
- They very heavily emphasized how seriously the government takes discrimination and protection of all races: centaurs were treated so poorly that even if a centaur is your best friend and they give permission, you cant ride on their back. Or if an Angelfolk trims off their own halo it a crime.
- There was dedicated Olympics for equal and fair competition.

And there was so much more. I could go on and on, but there's too much to even list. Every single episode had loads of subtle, and openly discussed details that further enriched the world setting.

On top of that, the show never presented itself as anything more and a typical episodic slice of life, but at the same time managed to get kind of deep into noticeable issues in society like cultural/racial acceptance, body and self esteem issues, familial problems, etc.

From a show I didn't really expect all that much from, it completely blew my expectations out of the water. I would very much welcome a second season as well.
Sep 29, 2017 7:16 AM

May 2017
Gokurako Akira and Nozomi? Are they relatives? Tama definitely used plot armor there, how can a Karate expert like Nozomi lost to a babysitting sister like Tama coz Karate is definitely more physical compared to babysitting lol

Hime winning is justified coz y'know horsepower and all xD

8/10
Sep 29, 2017 2:17 PM
Mar 2012
It's a mixed bag with dry pacing derp art, and some detailed world building with fun & cute characters. The episodic randomness makes me look forward to next. Tama got most development it seems & most interesting, tho hime is the mc.
Sep 29, 2017 6:56 PM

Oct 2008
First part lolz Bikini Warrior reference!
2nd part, of course Hime would naturally win in an Arm-Wrestling tournament! Centuars are considered Tanks and main attribute is their strength!
4/5.
7/10. - it was a good show.

Sep 30, 2017 5:13 AM

Oct 2015
Pretty good show, I can't help but like every part of Tama-chan and her little sisters. It puts a smile on my face. 7/10. Didn't really feel like a finale but still pretty okay.
Oct 1, 2017 1:28 AM

Jul 2012
Yay for Hime!

If I can give a opinion, all I can say is that Centaur no Nayami is best to binge-watching while you relax at the couch with a cup of hot coca. I'm just happy that it is possible to create a manga (and now anime) that doesn't involve too much lewding. I like to share my sub-genre recommendations but some people I know just aren't into boobie flashes (excpept for that final episode).

Well, it was a nice but slow ride, and this is saying from someone who can't get into SoL, but gave this one a chance 'cause of the characters I like from the manga.

And I love the tone shifts on certain stories, like muted colors from the president's (holocaust) story.

Also, I'm not to surprised if Hime won. She's... A Centaur. Aren't they supposed to be the strongest "human" sub-species after all? :P

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Oct 1, 2017 6:48 AM

Sep 2012
Really like the show. My kind of SoL story. It has serious, cute and funny moments which is good for diversity. Funny since I gave lots of low scores to shows I thought it will be good when the season started.

8/10 from me.
Oct 1, 2017 7:08 AM

Nov 2011
Wanting to imply slander, I would say that in the end they had no more ideas, but if we look at the synopsis, I would say that the anime series has not betrayed his intent, having narration, a slice of life set up at the end, wow! I wish that in the future, if they make a second season, also gave more space to the other girls, because there are so many interesting characters and would improve the graphics.

For now, my vote is 6.5/10, but I hope that in the home version will improve the defects, so I will give him a higher vote, of course. ;)
Oct 2, 2017 8:05 PM

Feb 2014
This show is very underrated.

Good sol + monster girl

8/10
TechOtakuOct 2, 2017 8:12 PM
Oct 11, 2017 5:01 PM

Feb 2013
Going into this, I had no idea I was going to love it as much as I did.

This show was so god damn adorable.

8/10
Oct 15, 2017 6:57 AM
Jun 2012
Seriously though why were they armwrestling?
Oct 15, 2017 9:18 AM

Nov 2009
tolga1991 said:

I have read the manga, and I can't answer either. Except that there was a separate tournament on the boys' side, and they broke the table in the finale.

TsundeReaper said:
Gokurako Akira and Nozomi? Are they relatives?

Yes, they are cousins or something. While they look similar, their personalities have nothing in common.

TsundeReaper said:
Tama definitely used plot armor there, how can a Karate expert like Nozomi lost to a babysitting sister like Tama coz Karate is definitely more physical compared to babysitting lol

It's more about the intensity of training. Mitama spends a lot of time being a mother-figure, while Nozomi isn't fond of karate.

timerrabbit said:
I'm just happy that it is possible to create a manga (and now anime) that doesn't involve too much lewding.

Personally, I think Centaur no Nayami involved a lot of sexy stuff. Demi-chan (which I consider the most similar anime) isn't as sexy, and in the manga, the sexy moments are much rarer than in anime.

timerrabbit said:
Also, I'm not to surprised if Hime won. She's... A Centaur. Aren't they supposed to be the strongest "human" sub-species after all? :P

Yes, Centaurs are big and strong. Even though Hime's human half doesn't look very strong, it actually is.
Oct 17, 2017 5:48 PM

Jul 2012
flannan said:
tolga1991 said:

I have read the manga, and I can't answer either. Except that there was a separate tournament on the boys' side, and they broke the table in the finale.

TsundeReaper said:
Gokurako Akira and Nozomi? Are they relatives?

Yes, they are cousins or something. While they look similar, their personalities have nothing in common.

TsundeReaper said:
Tama definitely used plot armor there, how can a Karate expert like Nozomi lost to a babysitting sister like Tama coz Karate is definitely more physical compared to babysitting lol

It's more about the intensity of training. Mitama spends a lot of time being a mother-figure, while Nozomi isn't fond of karate.

timerrabbit said:
I'm just happy that it is possible to create a manga (and now anime) that doesn't involve too much lewding.

Personally, I think Centaur no Nayami involved a lot of sexy stuff. Demi-chan (which I consider the most similar anime) isn't as sexy, and in the manga, the sexy moments are much rarer than in anime.

timerrabbit said:

Yes, Centaurs are big and strong. Even though Hime's human half doesn't look very strong, it actually is.

Welp on mobile.

I see. Well I know there's that shower scene and at least that ridicious RPG scenario, but at least it's not a harem manga/anime.

Basically no self insert fantasies.

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Oct 19, 2017 7:44 AM

May 2012
A bit of an underwhelming last episode to be honest, not really a final episode if you ask me. All in all it was fun as the setting was interesting, but not so much as a proper story or development other than character development.

In general it sure was fine.
Oct 20, 2017 9:44 AM

Nov 2013
that was fun as always...but i don't feel like it was a final lol

also...just answer Hime already...why the arm wrestling?

also... "my cousin weights as much as your 3 sisters"... "ok i can guess your weight then"... "DON'T TELL ANYONE!"

anyway, Manami and her 4 sisters were clearly the best in this anime for me =D
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Nov 2, 2017 10:54 AM

Apr 2011
So so ending. But the rpg style adventure and arm wrestling was fun. I'm amaze Hime won, but Centaurs I think are very strong.

It was a entertaining SoL series. Though some scenes like the Frog and showing WWII holocaust felt random.

7/10
Nov 5, 2017 10:05 AM

Dec 2012
This finale was disappointing ...
It was a very good show at the beginning where all the episodes were Slice of Life and talked about the different creatures.

I love the ending song!
Nov 19, 2017 3:46 AM

Nov 2013
Wow that was unfair. Don't want to be racist, but she is fucking half-horse.
Nov 25, 2017 1:16 PM

Dec 2008
5/10.
I enjoyed some episodes while others were horrendously boring. I just wish there was a somewhat serious final two episodes like these SoLs usually get. I'd also rather have an entire series about Manami and her sisters, as they were the most interesting bunch.

The darker episodes every now and again were a nice change from the SoL comedy silliness, but I feel overall, nothing was accomplished. The world building was good, but nothing substantial came from it.

The yuri bait was great though.

Given the angst of the ED, I really expected some deep Manami arc :( Oh well.

Manami > Hime
Nov 26, 2017 12:11 PM

Apr 2012
with all that foreshadowing i thought there was gonna be a war
Dec 1, 2017 12:15 PM

Jun 2011
Lmao did they seriously created a whole segment to tell everyone who's the real heroine? Was brilliant I can't even lie.

Centaur no Nayami was great, I like the lore the author put effort into writing, but sometimes two events with completely opposite tone happened in the same episode, one in the first half and the other in the second half and there's just not much continuity there.. Individually the stories were great but it would've been better if there was a smooth lead up to them.

There's also a little too much pandering to the ecchi crowds, even if it is meant to characterize certain characters/tribes.

OST is brilliant, shame the OST (non op/ed) is not on youtube.

A rating of 6.58 for this show is criminal though, it's much better than the show indicates.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 3, 2018 4:30 AM

Aug 2016
Pretty cute and fun to watch, sometimes it was a bit boring imo. 7/10.
Nanika ga Okashii
Jan 23, 2018 3:10 PM

Oct 2015
This finale was just that, just. It was weird and senseless but mostly random, I mean what's up with the first part (RPG, that had no clear story line).

Don't get me started on the second part, the arm wrestling competition ( why were they doing it though?). That was a lame ending with no impact.

Overall the series was the same, the plot was all over the place ( next thing we are seeing frogs and the next an old Angelfolk reminiscing about his capture during the war). Next we are talking about our genitals and next we are arm wrestling for no reason. Although I did like the setting and the uniqueness of characters, but comedy was lame though. I did love the characters though but I doubt I will remember them in a month's time. Oh and some EPs made me sleepy as a log ( that is bad on my watch).

5/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 8, 2018 12:22 PM

Nov 2009
antipurefaith said:
with all that foreshadowing i thought there was gonna be a war

War happened further in the manga. It is in the volumes that are available in English, if you want to see that.

Gvendoline said:
Wow that was unfair. Don't want to be racist, but she is fucking half-horse.

Yes, Hime is very big and strong, and all her classmates knew that. They still made her participate and even threatened to grope her, so it's totally their fault.
It's more impressive that Mitama actually managed to put up a decent fight against her.
Mar 16, 2018 7:30 PM

Jun 2017
Those anime tiddies tho.
(@_____@)
Dec 3, 2018 3:36 PM
Mar 2018
Damn! It started on fanservice, which was an obvious visualization of them playing a D&D ripoff. However with all the weird sociopolitic and mystery episode bits I would kinda give it a 7 but also more of an 8, because it was still a good approach at showing the lives of young adult women; so I would need a 7.5 in the ratings system...

But still a pretty nice show, maybe if they cut the "war bad" and "coporate structures destroy the cultural origin of our fathers"-crap than a second season might be nice.

Also it was clear that Hime wins. She probably weighs like half a ton in comparison to the others...
Mar 18, 2019 6:28 AM
Jul 2018
One of the underrated anime of 2017. I quiet enjoyed this especial the art style.
Apr 3, 2019 9:04 PM

Aug 2018
A weak finale, but a charming series nevertheless. It really was cute and I hope there’s a follow up series someday.
Jul 29, 2019 1:09 PM

Apr 2013
In the first half I thought they are playing some kind of MMORPG. In the second half I had the same question as Hime, why arm-wrestling? So random.

Overall one of the weirdest shows I've ever watched and completely unexpected. I thought this is just something like Demi-chan, just a bit more boring, but it had a few lewd episodes, a few CGDCT episodes, one about world war 2 and one about them talking about their female body parts. I really wonder what demographic they were targetting, I feel like the genres were all over the place. 5/10
Feb 19, 2020 7:10 PM

Oct 2019
Underrated but cute and enjoyable show. It's nice that they didn't overly sexualize this kind of show, unlike that show with dude and his monster harem. 7/10.
Mar 28, 2020 2:22 PM

Apr 2012
The show was enjoyable for the most part however additional world building and focus on the dark side of things felt out of place especially when it never amounted to anything but to fill airtime.
7/10
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Apr 9, 2020 1:04 PM

May 2015
Really nice episode. It was a bit random but I'd take this any day over that WW2 drama that came out of nowhere. Im really happy that was just a one time thing and the series isnt ruined. Ah, Im relieved. Im happy to say this is a good series and wasnt killed towards the end. Im not sure about the manga though. Ive heard stuff about "war arcs" and "hostage situations" and stuff which is just NO! I was originally gonna happily read the manga but I think I'll pass. Im glad the anime ended with the way it was suppose to be even if it was just some random arm-wrestling challenge. It was still cute to watch.

But yeah, of course Hime won. The entire time I was just thinking "She can pick up a child Centaur. I think she's pretty insane lol." Love the gap between her personality and strength.

Overall great series with one outlier. All I have to do is skip episode 9 whenever I rewatch it and the series is great. Now Im gonna go work on the Centaur stuff for my D&D campaign cause of this series lol. This series has made me like Centaurs a lot more.
DarknessRealityApr 9, 2020 1:07 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
May 7, 2020 5:59 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hahaha hentai tacles on the centaur
Ok anime overall, it was fine to watch I guess but lot of flaws though.
May 7, 2020 6:01 PM

Mar 2019
This seems to be a nice RPG xD
I'd definitely loose at arm wrestling
Jul 7, 2020 10:08 AM

Aug 2016
It was an odd finale that felt like an OVA instead of a proper ending to the series. Episode 9 was good but felt out of place because it didn't go anywhere. Episode 11 was kinda boring.

Overall I really liked the lessons incorporated into the show and the world building. I want a second season because I want more of this world and that's enough to give it a 7/10.
Apr 4, 2021 1:09 PM

Jan 2010
Dragon Quest 1's character design will forever be infamous, huh.

Well, with this episode, I can say that A Centaur's Life is disjointed. On one hand, it wants to be a show about cute monster girls doing cute things, along with small lessons on social issues. However, it also wants to be a metaphor for global real life controversies, linking historical atrocities with ongoing present-day social problems.

It's not necessarily bad on either front, but together, the show has difficulties maintaining a consistent tone, flipping between its cute character moments and discussing systemic racial discrimination. Both can mesh together, but I don't think A Centaur's Life managed it that well. It wants to be fun and cute, but it also wants to educate and highlight real life issues. It brings up political turmoil between developing and developed countries, arms dealings, religion as a tool for warfare, and a history of intense prejudice, but it also has the girls just living their lives while the occasional lewd moments happen.

Perhaps it would have been better if these big picture issues were made relevant to the characters. It's certainly possible to make viewers care about these issues if they happen to characters they care about, and we can be made to care for the characters through these slice-of-life moments. As it is, A Centaur's Life is, again, feels disjointed. It's not bad, but it feels like two separate shows trying to fuse into one.
Apr 17, 2021 2:40 PM
Oct 2018
this was an interesting anime and I've watched it for the little interesting details.I'm not disappointed.
Also everything seemed out-of-place, but I think it will all make sense in the manga.

As of what I think about this anime were supposed to do: advertising the manga. It succeed in that case. If they had cut out the political stuff then it wouldn't do good job at advertising the manga but would've been a better show. I'm glad the way it is, otherwise I might just have skipped an interesting manga
tuxutkuApr 17, 2021 2:44 PM
May 21, 2021 5:45 AM

Feb 2020
Well, this was a pretty average show.

SerafosMay 2, 5:28 AM
Jun 18, 2021 3:08 PM

Jun 2019
My 97th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it an 8/10 rating.
Dec 7, 2021 10:20 AM
Mar 2019
Overall This Series Was Way Better Than The Rating Shows, At Least Half The Score To Me Anyhow.
A Nice SOL To Watch When You Want An Easy Going Series.
I Enjoyed Most Of The 12 Episodes And Am Amazed I Put Off Watching For So Long.
Recommended? Yes!
Apr 27, 2023 8:46 PM
Oct 2020
Well, I guess this series pretty much ended where it started for me. It was OK. There were some bright spots sprinkled throughout, but overall it's coming in around 6 for me. I don't mind little random slices of life occasionally, but I think I would have liked just a little more cohesiveness to the series. Since they went to the trouble of creating a whole world- even explaining how the different creatures originated- I guess I was looking for something more conclusive about where these relationships were going. But I suppose that's life. One day you're wandering around in a dungeon with bikini dissolving slime, next you're arm wrestling in class. Still it was pretty fun to watch. 
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2017

69 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 9:00 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2017

87 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 8:57 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2017

94 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 8:54 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2017

126 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 20, 2023 8:52 AM

Poll: » Centaur no Nayami Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2017

88 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 24, 2023 9:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.