Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 9, 2016 6:14 PM

Jun 2013
Oh my goodness, that was so cute!
Definitely gonna watch the rest of this :)
Apr 9, 2016 7:18 PM

Nov 2011
LovelyHikari said:
Do I need to watch the other 12 sai shows or is this like a remake?

the 2 OVAs follow the first 2 volumes. i haven't watched, but it probably follows the manga fairly closely - the episodes in the OVA follow the manga in the same order.

this series is also an adaptation, but it doesn't follow exactly like the manga. some scenes are changed, and it might include scenes from different chapters (in this episode, the market scene where they buy it is shown in chapter 2. they also seem to have changed the scene at the gym significantly.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Apr 10, 2016 3:14 AM

Jun 2013
It's a typical shoujo and it's sad to think as early as elementary school there is bullying and even group bullying where one person is singled-out by the entire classroom. It happens a lot even in South Korea, my nephew was as victim of it and even contemplated suicide.

Also, I think the kids act a bit too mature for their age. I had crushes too at 12 but I wasn't kissing anyone. I remember getting angry over Pokemon cards and at this one kid for ripping apart my strategy guide.
臭い-
Apr 10, 2016 5:03 AM

Apr 2015
Too cute. I really like the pacing.
Apr 10, 2016 2:14 PM

Mar 2009
Could have done without the drama at the end. The mean girl is annoying. But hey, shoujo.

Otherwise, I thought this was good. It deals with sensitive matters for people that young in a mature manner.

The character designs remind me of Kodocha, like @AnnaSartin mentioned.
Apr 10, 2016 9:18 PM

Dec 2010
This was pretty much everything I wanted, and everything I expected. It's a cute, sanitized version of love in all of its purity. Exactly what I wanted! I hope it continues to be this level of quality because I loved this!
Apr 11, 2016 5:10 AM

Oct 2015
Cute , Cute, and Cute.
Apr 11, 2016 5:32 AM

Dec 2010
AnnaSartin said:
This show is adorable. The main character reminds me of Sana from Kodocha. I'm actually amazed to see an anime that actually admits that periods exist and shows how rough they are on females.

so true i love Sana and this girl was kind of like her helpful towards friends,stand up for her rights etc she is just a little more childish version of Sana thought ,i always thought Sana was a little too mature for her age sometime.By the way dont you think the second boy Hiyama is a little like Akito Hayama anyway im glad i got to watch such a cute show.
Apr 11, 2016 8:50 AM

Sep 2013
A fairly light-hearted series. The animation is pretty bad though. I don't really remember who or when was my first kiss but Im pretty sure its one of my childhood friends because I kissed all my childhood friends. I was such a playboy back then lol. When I was 12 though romance is the last thing on my mind. My biggest concern was if Goku will defeat Cell.

Overall this is something I'll watch just to kill time. The cheesiness sometimes makes me want to gouge my eyeballs but it's child romance so I guess it's meant to be cheesy.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Apr 11, 2016 9:15 AM

Apr 2013
OLM's making romance anime now? I like how Takeo told them their relationship like a boss.

Apr 11, 2016 1:51 PM

Nov 2011
I'm a 30 year old guy, but now I want to be a 12 year old girl. Doushiyou?!

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Apr 11, 2016 6:23 PM
Jul 2018
>12:00
whore. droppped.
Apr 11, 2016 8:14 PM

May 2015
I'm probably way too old for this series, but I don't care, it's just adorable and sweet!

Can I just say that I really appreciate the loyalty these girls have to their friends?

Card Album!
Apr 11, 2016 8:24 PM

May 2015
Bibimbapski said:
It's a typical shoujo and it's sad to think as early as elementary school there is bullying and even group bullying where one person is singled-out by the entire classroom. It happens a lot even in South Korea, my nephew was as victim of it and even contemplated suicide.

Also, I think the kids act a bit too mature for their age. I had crushes too at 12 but I wasn't kissing anyone. I remember getting angry over Pokemon cards and at this one kid for ripping apart my strategy guide.

It also just depends on the school and the individual kids. The majority of my classmates at that age were all trying to act like high schoolers, some were even sexually active with older students, and smoking marijuana (yeah.. our class went down in our high school's history as the druggie class XD)))

But I was also kind of glad they were more mature, it made me enjoy it a lot more.

I was bullied from first grade until 3rd grade, and then it started again in 5th grade all the way until my junior year of high school. Grades 5-7 was when it was the worst, so I fully expected some bullying.

Card Album!
Apr 11, 2016 8:30 PM

May 2015
linchpin said:
I'm a 30 year old guy, but now I want to be a 12 year old girl.

I know, right?? And I never met a 12 year old as smooth and compassionate as Takao!

Card Album!
Apr 11, 2016 8:40 PM

May 2015
hack5 said:
need subs.i was so looking forward to this and still no subs

I can pm you the link to it if you want.

Card Album!
Apr 12, 2016 1:16 AM

Oct 2010
Okaaaaay... this is definitely not how I remember my 12 year old days. Mine was filled with Counter Strike LAN parties.
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
Apr 12, 2016 9:12 AM

Dec 2010
kurokitty-mimi said:
hack5 said:
need subs.i was so looking forward to this and still no subs

I can pm you the link to it if you want.

Thats ok i just saw the sub version thanks anyway
Apr 13, 2016 2:11 AM

Dec 2009
Wow there's a lot of people more immature than 12 yr olds in this thread...

I can't vouch for last yar elementary school, because i was barely even present in school during elementary, but in my grade 5 year i do remember stuff like this being briefly talked about. Though it wasn't until later in middle school that these kind of dynamics started showing.

To all the people saying that 12yr olds aren't between child and adult, in japan there is no concept of "teenager" or "tween" or anything (that i'm aware of, correct me if i'm wrong). There's child, and then there's adult, and the funny space in between where everything happens (hence 'seishun', and why most characters are in this age range, because it's interesting and dynamic). Might be a bit of flaw in translation, but it's more like the graduation from the childlike romantic ignorance to the point when you actually care about the opposite sex. Then there's that coming of age thing that's at their 20th, but that's another story.

North America and plenty of Europe have this serious problem with belittling children and trying to preserve their non-adultness, treating them like invalids until they're of a certain numeric age. That's disgusting. When i was in middle school i actually asked the question of classmates' parents once on a field trip: i said "Aren't they a little young to be dating?" Fortunately they weren't dumbass parents and actually disagreed saying they're not too young. At the time i'd been eyeballing some girls but it wasn't something i was active on, i just enjoyed their presence. These days i'm of the opinion that is much different. The demeaning of younger people as children and also the bar put as an age limit for sexual activity and all that actually disgusts me. Keeping them away from stuff isn't going to protect anyone, forcing kids to be obedient and whatnot severely stunts their growth and doesn't solve anything. If you want to protect them, you teach them about stuff like sex even younger, make them use their brains to understand more decision making things earlier on while they're developing and running in full gear. They're more likely to be better decision making adults if they practice while their brain is still developing. The idea of what is child and what is not is all distorted and corrupted.
. . .

Well that was longer rant than intended...

Personally i get very jealous when i hear of people at that age finding love or doing 'those kinds of things'. I wish i wasn't so barred from the mentality at that age,and being pigeonholed by society as a child. Most people, like me, don't start thinking about the kinds of things they really want to be thinking about until they find out on their own. Problem is, sometimes that takes too much time. If you stumble upon non-petty romance at that age, then you are very very fortunate.

At any rate, this is a very adorable show and am really going to enjoy it. Rather than a build up to confession etc, it does it right off the bat and we get to see lovers being together after that - we don't get that very often in romance. And the semi-realistic characters and setting is a nice stretch and definitely can bring back old feels~ <3
GenesisAriaApr 13, 2016 3:09 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Apr 13, 2016 10:47 PM

Dec 2012
It was adorable. This anime looks like the old shoujo, the story is simplistic, but these little romances are cute
Apr 15, 2016 12:54 AM
Apr 2015
Well, it's not very good, per se. The pacing is rubbish, and the girls are mostly moe blobs. But it really does take me back to mid-primary school when all this dumb shit happened quite often and the gender divide defined classes. In that respect, this was actually highly entertaining. It won't be "good", but it will be fun. And being fun is the only thing I really need from my anime.
Apr 16, 2016 1:03 AM

Mar 2014
One thing I can't wrap my head around is how they just kiss almost out of nowhere (well not entirely out of nowhere but kinda). It just threw off the pacing and made me unable to take it seriously.

Other than that I don't really have a problem with the rest of the show. It's so cheesy (like really cheesy) and yet it's somehow charming/adorable in it's own way.
Apr 16, 2016 4:42 AM

Apr 2014
I expected a bit more subtlety, its cheesy and cringy in a good way I guess, maybe because this is the part of life were it is most awkward
Apr 16, 2016 7:13 AM

Apr 2011
Cute, adorable, and awkward.

It was cute how Takao and Ayase got in the mood of kissing upon witnessing their teacher kissing and started to fall in love. The things I don't like was how rush their development is and how too mature the characters are for their age. Probably because its how Josei genre is. Also I didn't like the bullying parts and lil bitch Eiko and the girls in messing the boys.
Apr 16, 2016 12:15 PM

Oct 2008
Why am I so excited on this SHOUJO show!?
5/5.

Apr 16, 2016 4:17 PM

Aug 2014
This hurts. The main characters are all 12 and dating and I'm still single XD XD #singleforlife #noworries

Apr 16, 2016 6:29 PM

Jun 2014
That show is so cute, it reminds me of Kodocha a bit. I'm really digging it, they seem to be more mature than your average 12 yo in some aspects but it's alright. 4/5
Apr 17, 2016 5:02 AM

Jul 2009
So adorable! Hanabi is so cute! Also ,Takao is a cute boy, they look adorable together! It's also nice to see how boys are retracted in this show, coz they are really like that around this age...
Apr 19, 2016 9:39 AM

Nov 2008
Hanabi is Kurata Sana incarnate. XD A little less hyperactive. Excellent stuff.

I need more shows like this in my life.

Apr 23, 2016 3:05 PM

Nov 2015
Those 12 years old girls are wild! Lmao

May 1, 2016 5:15 AM

Dec 2012
Holy smokes, so fluffy. Picked it up hoping to see an adorable shoujo love story and got just that. I'm just a sucker for the sugary rush that comes with them. Didn't think they'd swoop in so quickly though, ay yai yai with that (first) kiss. Also seems like there's a focus on how they're starting to grow as emphasized with Yui.
May 12, 2016 9:52 AM

Apr 2011
I like the OP. It gives me a "classic" vibe.

The characters are cute as well.

May 13, 2016 8:22 AM

Aug 2013
Omg, why I didn't watch it sooner.
Awesome in every aspect. The art is amazing! Great shading. Everything is soo detailed. Like in old good times.
Story is unbelievable cute.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 23, 2016 7:49 AM

Jan 2012
Loving this 5/5, and I hope this will help Japan's declining birth rate, encouraging kids to start going out at 12.
Jul 27, 2016 3:34 PM

May 2012
Well that sure was completely adorable :3 just love this lovey dovey atmosphere :3

Doki Doki Waku Waku
Aug 8, 2016 2:28 PM

Oct 2012
This was surprisingly good take on shoujo genre. Combining innocence of first loves with daring but still kind main heroine was good choice.

Guess I'll follow this series even further.
Mar 31, 2017 6:44 PM

Mar 2017
12 year olds having a very romantic love story... then there's me..

I'm..... okay ;w;

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Sep 25, 2017 1:22 PM

Jul 2016
I was *super* excited to watch this, not gonna lie. I was pumped. The first four minutes that I watched yesterday (unfortunately realized it was a bit too late and slept immediately) were amazing, cheesy shoujo is just one of my guilty pleasures imo. But it's too fast of a pacing, I was shocked when they kissed and basically was confused as to why it was going from one thing to the next so quickly. Like slow down, you hoes.. The "I'm twelve year old Ayase Hanabi" and "I just experienced love for the first time" made me painfully wince. Literally about ten minutes ago, she saw zero interest in Takao but now they're in "in love" in the span of 2-3 days. More like infatuation?
Nov 30, 2017 7:56 PM

Sep 2011
LOL there was some parts that were borderline hard to watch, but it was a cute episode overall. :)
Feb 2, 2018 7:31 AM

Feb 2013
Too damn adorable, I'm loving it!
I hope we won't get more annoying moments.
Feb 19, 2018 11:28 AM

Sep 2012
lol this started with a bang

& seeing the2 kissing made them kiss (that's anime logic for u) lol
Sugram22Feb 19, 2018 11:34 AM
Apr 30, 2020 10:55 PM
Mar 2018
So cute I love it, one of my favorite anime. 😍 💏
Apr 30, 2020 10:56 PM
Mar 2018
d445 said:
>12:00
whore. droppped.
you're being overreacting

edit 1: It's still the first episode, oh and you're just jealous.
Jun 4, 2021 1:30 PM

Jan 2021
This episode was OK
Not gonna lie I’m enjoying it a bit
Aug 2, 2021 1:32 AM

Jan 2021
This is so cute, I can't stop smiling. 12 years old huh, it was a time where many "first time" moments happened... after all it's seishun no hajimari!

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Is this the same story as the 2014 OVA?

MrYandereFan26 - Jan 10

1 by Sakura_2345 »»
Jan 12, 6:50 AM

Poll: » 12-sai.: Chicchana Mune no Tokimeki Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 9, 2016

30 by ims-tokyo »»
Aug 30, 2022 7:17 AM

Poll: » 12-sai.: Chicchana Mune no Tokimeki Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2016

31 by XNohaco2468 »»
Aug 3, 2021 8:40 AM

Poll: » 12-sai.: Chicchana Mune no Tokimeki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2016

53 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jun 4, 2021 1:31 PM

Poll: » 12-sai.: Chicchana Mune no Tokimeki Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2016

40 by Hendy »»
Oct 22, 2020 6:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.