Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 22, 2014 1:31 PM

Feb 2013
All I know is, Chisato's escape maneuver was pretty damn awesome.
Jun 22, 2014 1:43 PM

Jul 2013
why do those guys dress like the inquisition? it is just stupid but ok
also, it sounds really cheesy that the monster bourns right after they say there are almost no chances of that happening soon
Jun 22, 2014 1:46 PM

Apr 2013
Anime original ending. Of course.
Jun 22, 2014 1:47 PM

Nov 2012
NIce, Nanami showed up and gave some useful info.
I never expected Kotori to be 1107.
next episode looks promising...
Jun 22, 2014 1:48 PM

Jan 2014
Well, if I was the bad guy, I wouldn't wait until every character finished their speech...I mean, he/they could kill them, but instead he/they waited until these other people showed up, oh well...
BTW, they don't have to worry, while Neko has 99.9% of dying, I'm pretty sure for the sake of a good ending she is going to survive.
Jun 22, 2014 1:52 PM

Aug 2013
Wow! Excellent episode, I love this show! I can't wait to the next week! 5/5!
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 22, 2014 2:03 PM

Mar 2012
Doesn't the blonde girl have the power to change people's places? Why didn't she swap Murakami's place with the scientist? He would have died ._.
With her power she could be the strongest magician of all the girls, why is she so dumb? ... She just needs to use her brain (I bet she doesn't have one tho) ._.

envysion said:

Agreed.
Jun 22, 2014 2:27 PM

Jul 2013
Marzan said:
God, they shoved a bucketload of manga chapters worth of content in one episode. This is going to be one rushed ending, but I guess it cannot be avoided.

Yeah :(
So damn rushed.
Anime original ending next ep..

envysion said:
Oh yeah. Agreed.
Jun 22, 2014 2:32 PM
Sep 2010
wow.. they really screwed up, the pace is way to rushed and the story has been changed to much.
i was really hoping that they would follow the manga to the letter but noooo
oh well all i can do is sigh.. whatever only one ep to go...
Jun 22, 2014 2:33 PM

Jan 2014
Rayzer said:
Shit Wtf is going on? It was too fast damn it!

So Mako and Neko just doesn't look like each other I guess? Maybe her twin sister? It seems they were very close to each other.

Murakami got killed after saving Neko when Mako tries to kill Neko. But Hatsuna used her healing ability and Murakami had survived after his wounds was healed with CPR of Neko and Kazumi. (Neko already kissed Murakami huh?) But in exchange Hatsuna just melted... Well I guess she wasn't dead since the last scene of her was being regenerated/restored.

Those "Hexenjagd" group was somewhat knew what was the main goal of the Laboratory that experimenting about Alien Ruins. And their goal was to capture #1107 which is Takotori Kotori to prevent the alien to be "hatched" inside Kotori's body. And it finally revealed that those slime monsters called "Drasils" will grow on the witch's Harnest (Nest?) and they are being fed up by those "death suppressant pills" and if they grew they can devour the body of it's host.

And Kotori wasn't Kotori? What that thing means? I feel this Anime was like The Host Movie now! It has a lot of similarities! But not as witches who got powers/abilities.

I hope this Anime won't get an Original Anime Ending. But if this would be like Elfen Lied I'll just read the manga I guess. Anyway I still want to watch this at the very end, Can't wait for the episode next week!
Awfully fast if I can say so myself. They removed a lot of the uneasy alliance that the party does with Hexenjard and a lot of strategy and planning in between courtesy of Murakami (obviously).

And they just reduced the awesomeness of Kazumi and her hacking abilities against Freya (the hacker girl that did not get named). They could have easily made an entire episode with all of that material, but I guess these guys want to go at it at mach 10 speed.

At this rate I can see this having an anime original ending -_-
Jun 22, 2014 2:42 PM

Nov 2013
Cliffhangers every episode...this last one though, sounds like they're in for the real deal. Murakami's the protagonist and the center of his harem; there's no way he could die for real. It seems that to maintain the status quo the story has to kill off anybody who joins his harem after Kotori (although I doubt Hatsuna is gonna die; the little slimy tentacle things that appeared while she was healing Murakami also started popping out around her switch).

I like how we finally get to see the Amish family that appeared in the first OP. I was afraid they would be bad guys too but so far they've agreed to work with Murakami, except for their disagreement over Kotori—moot point, seeing as she exploded and the world's about to end.

The mysteries are being uncovered slowly—sounds like there's a lot more to Kotori than it looked like originally. Some nice insight into the main bad guy's past and his motives, although most of it is still unclear. At least we know this Rena is very important to him (the only one in the world, apparently) and everything he's doing is to get her back.

The story hasn't told us enough about how Kotori, the bad guy, and Rena are all related (I sure hope to learn more about the lab and bad guys in general), but it's got the world ending and only Murakami, his harem, and the Amish people can save the world. Brynhildr in the Darkness has been an incredible show, and the next episode should be no exception.
Jun 22, 2014 2:44 PM

Jun 2013
The more I see an ominous cliffhanger ending in this anime the more inappropriate the ending theme is haha
Jun 22, 2014 2:45 PM

Aug 2013
THis is what I don't get... how can some episodes be slice-of-life/rom-com+ecchi, then other episodes are about humanity dying? Damn these drastic changes in pace ;--;
Jun 22, 2014 2:54 PM

Apr 2009
Way to rush through 40+ chapters in 1 episode Arms rofl
Jun 22, 2014 2:59 PM

Jul 2009
CurryTeddy said:
I didn't read the Manga that further, so I instead watched the Anime, I don't know if this is a good Anime-Adaptation, I will see, when I continue the Manga.!

Go read the manga, the anime has a horrible adaptation it's too rushed.. So sad they ruined what could be an amazing anime :(
Jun 22, 2014 3:06 PM

Jan 2014
Is it me, or did this episode feel like it was rushed?
Jun 22, 2014 3:09 PM

Dec 2013
Woah what a convenient time to hatch, Kotori.

I wonder what is the relationship between Neko and Valkyria. Not gonna lie though, Valkyria had so much potential when she first appears as a seemingly psycho bitch. Now she's all soft like Neko.

Not really excited about the finale. I predict the usual cliche ending.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jun 22, 2014 3:17 PM
Mar 2013
This is fast and ridiculous. I love it :D
Jun 22, 2014 3:40 PM
Jul 2018
THAT CPR.... Thats its.... I'm satisfied
Jun 22, 2014 3:46 PM

Nov 2012
Okay, is there anyone else who wished for a drastic turn of events in this episode.

Such as: Murakami dying and then Neko so filled with grief that she unleashes this "massive power" and destroys everything to get revenge?

Normally I'm the type of person who likes the guy to get the girl, but for this anime I feel an epic ending would suit it more. xD
Jun 22, 2014 3:54 PM

Apr 2013
Calisi said:
Okay, is there anyone else who wished for a drastic turn of events in this episode.

Such as: Murakami dying and then Neko so filled with grief that she unleashes this "massive power" and destroys everything to get revenge?

Normally I'm the type of person who likes the guy to get the girl, but for this anime I feel an epic ending would suit it more. xD

No , just no . It doesnt fit the character of Kuroneko and it wont happen , I assure you. Remember that this isnt a battle-type aniime where the mcs' are powering up also remember that she is a more calculated type that dont act in a fist of anger like most of the males do in anime. Never assume that a girl will act like guy when angered.
These hosts for parasites called "witches" cant power up based on feelings. If they power up , they power up through that thing attached to theyr spine.

And you seriously need to watch Elfen Lied 'cuz , even if you did then you didnt saw the authors style , it will give you a hint how this works.
FluffyFleshJun 22, 2014 4:05 PM
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 22, 2014 4:04 PM

Nov 2012
Oh I know that's not how the author does things, and how the characters act.

I just really wished something like that would happen. I find Murakami a very boring character. And the past few episodes to me have been below average.

Besides, she could also accidentally wield her destructive power. Like when she sometimes gets really mad and can't control her power and it destroys things.
CalisiJun 22, 2014 4:08 PM
Jun 22, 2014 4:07 PM

Feb 2013
And somehow Kana's forecast failed to see ANY of this coming, talk about plot convenience.
Jun 22, 2014 4:08 PM
Nov 2013
Hatsuna :/ </3
And man, seeing all the girls cry was pretty sad. But how the fuck are they gonna end this? Does this happen in the manga?
Jun 22, 2014 4:10 PM

Nov 2012
gedata said:
And somehow Kana's forecast failed to see ANY of this coming, talk about plot convenience.

I never even thought of that! I love plot conveniences sometimes! xD
Jun 22, 2014 4:13 PM

Apr 2013
This is somehow... I don't know how to say...
The story is interesting, but the characters ruin everything.
Jun 22, 2014 4:13 PM

Apr 2013
gedata said:

Dude , she didnt failed because .....I wont spoil it for you but........
[spoiler]Huge spoiler ahead for anime-only viewers[spoiler]last warning!!

so basically there is no plot device , you just rushed on conclusions. Wait for the last episode or read the manga.
FluffyFleshJun 22, 2014 4:17 PM
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 22, 2014 4:15 PM

Jan 2014
Alot happened, I feel like the anime is a bit rushed at some points...

Having lots of fun watching nonetheless.
Jun 22, 2014 4:18 PM

Nov 2012
FluffyFlesh said:
gedata said:

so basically there is no plot device , you just rushed on conclusions. Wait for the last episode or read the manga.

Well, technically he actually did die. He died and was then healed and then resuscitated, so I'm surprised Kana didn't pick up anything at all.
Jun 22, 2014 4:20 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode. So, Kuroha is more powerful than Valkyria. Hatsuna sacrificed herself to save Murakami.

Kotori got kidnapped.
Jun 22, 2014 4:22 PM

Feb 2013
FluffyFlesh said:
gedata said:

It's not just that, how about everything else that happened this week (Hatsuna melting, Kotori being kidnapped)? Nothing?

Anyway, I'll hold my tongue till next week now. This episode does feel very undercooked so I may take up the manga afterwards
Jun 22, 2014 4:26 PM

Nov 2012
I should probably do the same. I hope the ending will be something so epic that it can make the entire package seem like a 7! ....so far for me it's sitting at a 6.3. xD
Jun 22, 2014 4:51 PM

Dec 2010
So mana readers, do they state how these girls became witches? Or was Kuro Neko already one before she died as a child.
Jun 22, 2014 5:06 PM

Oct 2013
My gosh, what the hell was this? I've been loving this anime so far, so I decided to read the manga after episode 11 last week - something I regret now, because it suddenly killed my enjoyment of this series. This episode seemed to be a perfectly good adaption until the end with Kazumi. Kazumi's moment of glory where she proved just how capable she is was utterly butchered in the anime, not to mention plenty of other key scenes that make her so loveable were cut out. It feels like she's the one who's hurt the most with the huge rush-job... what a damn shame, because it's the anime, not the manga, which made me love her so much to begin with.

Gah... I should have finished the anime before reading the manga, because I would've loved this had I not known how much better it could have been. shhhhiiiiiiiiit, argh, fuck

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 22, 2014 5:11 PM

Jan 2011
KAMIOPPAI said:
Why people bother watching some "garbage" shows just for the sake of lowering the rating? Or perhaps they are natural M and want to torture themselves?

Droping it midways and scoring it would still count you know. Also, even garbage shows have their merits, the art being the only one in this case. Thats why the scale isnt just 1, 9 and 10.
Like I said, I am pissed at myself for not droping the show due to Neco being too hot/cute :D
So the show will remain a garbage harem with great art and a score of 5-6 in my book, depending on the ending.
Jun 22, 2014 5:13 PM

May 2013
the fact that kotori has to die no matter what hit me pretty hard and im pretty sure theres no way to save her other than neko rebooting and fighting ichijiku.
in any case, im pretty glad this show'll be over within a week. i thought it was sort of a waste of time, even though i was pretty excited every week waiting for the new epsiode.
Jun 22, 2014 5:13 PM

Jun 2013
Awhh now Hatsuna is dead, and we just met her too. Well I suppose this isnt the first time this has happened.
Jun 22, 2014 5:30 PM

Aug 2013
I liked very much the episode, even the plot being transmitted very fast
threw some information and new characters to fit the story of the manga
was already clear that #1107 was the Kotori, but she may be the cause of the destruction of the planet is already on another level of surprise
Ryouta died and was saved by Hatsuna, but when they left something happened to her body, I'm curious ..
I'm guessing that Neko release their powers in the last episode, but how the story will end and who remain alive have to wait to know
gogo last episode
Jun 22, 2014 5:38 PM

Apr 2013
chthonianghost said:
My gosh, what the hell was this? I've been loving this anime so far, so I decided to read the manga after episode 11 last week - something I regret now, because it suddenly killed my enjoyment of this series. This episode seemed to be a perfectly good adaption until the end with Kazumi. Kazumi's moment of glory where she proved just how capable she is was utterly butchered in the anime, not to mention plenty of other key scenes that make her so loveable were cut out. It feels like she's the one who's hurt the most with the huge rush-job... what a damn shame, because it's the anime, not the manga, which made me love her so much to begin with.

Gah... I should have finished the anime before reading the manga, because I would've loved this had I not known how much better it could have been. shhhhiiiiiiiiit, argh, fuck

Welcome to my world , chthonianghost-dono!
I stopped watching the anime at episode 3 and I can tell what happened passed 9 episodes without sawing them , I'll watch the last episode to see how they will end it but if it how I think it will end .....it would be awesome.
FluffyFleshJun 22, 2014 5:44 PM
Jun 22, 2014 5:57 PM

Jul 2013
So Kotori is like an important factor for the Lab's research by these drasils, and a threat for humanity. Guess that explains the cliffhanger scene and everyone is in danger.

Damn, why does Hatsuna have to die in here, I really liked her character :(. WTH is that thing coming out of Hatsuna's neck? Also i felt the drama when Ryota is severely injured felt cheesy, and didn't put enough emotion to it.

I hope the ending for next week is good, but I will expect that its going to be open for another season, since the Manga is ongoing.

Jun 22, 2014 6:08 PM

Mar 2014
Idk why but I really want Valkyria to join the group but it looks like she still will stick with Chisato even though she found out that he could care less about her. Also i'm pretty sure next episode Kuroha will have the top button pushed and succeed in the 0.1% chance of living as always when main characters beat ridiculous odds, but that's ok.
Jun 22, 2014 6:09 PM

Dec 2013
Between the manga readers complaining because this isn't the manga, and the guys complaining because its "garbage", I'm not exactly sure what you guys expected from this series...

Yeah, it's rushed and it's potential has been wasted in a lot of places, but the series has been a good, entertaining ride so far. Unless you're spending the length of each and every episode trying to compare it to the manga or some other anime that you chose as a favorite.

Face it, it's not the manga. It's an animation studio that paid the author to allow them to do an animated form of the manga. That includes leaving out details and events that they(the studio) feel either do not fit into their storyboards or play no part in the main plotline. If they were just animating the manga you'd have nothing but manga panels being shot across the screen, not literally but close enough. I can't think of one single anime based from a manga or LN that has completely 100% animated the exact source material. Things get changed, sometimes those things that get changed or left out are poor choices by the studio and would have worked better if left in or left alone. If you want a manga, you read a manga, if you want an anime you watch an anime... doesn't make much sense to watch an anime if you want a manga.

On that note, I'm concerned that there is still so much left to wrap up with only one episode remaining. It seems likely we'll get an anime only ending like Elfen Lied, but considering how much I loved EL it may not be so bad. One can hope.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jun 22, 2014 6:12 PM

Apr 2013
The_Bif said:
Between the manga readers complaining because this isn't the manga, and the guys complaining because its "garbage", I'm not exactly sure what you guys expected from this series...

Yeah, it's rushed and it's potential has been wasted in a lot of places, but the series has been a good, entertaining ride so far. Unless you're spending the length of each and every episode trying to compare it to the manga or some other anime that you chose as a favorite.

Face it, it's not the manga. It's an animation studio that paid the author to allow them to do an animated form of the manga. That includes leaving out details and events that they(the studio) feel either do not fit into their storyboards or play no part in the main plotline. If they were just animating the manga you'd have nothing but manga panels being shot across the screen, not literally but close enough. I can't think of one single anime based from a manga or LN that has completely 100% animated the exact source material. Things get changed, sometimes those things that get changed or left out are poor choices by the studio and would have worked better if left in or left alone. If you want a manga, you read a manga, if you want an anime you watch an anime... doesn't make much sense to watch an anime if you want a manga.

On that note, I'm concerned that there is still so much left to wrap up with only one episode remaining. It seems likely we'll get an anime only ending like Elfen Lied, but considering how much I loved EL it may not be so bad. One can hope.

People complaining about people complaining is more annoying than complaining about what people complain about.

P.S: It was unintentional.
Jun 22, 2014 6:34 PM

Aug 2013
NUNS WITH GUNS HAVE ENTERED THE GAME. And so the witch hunt begins. Well, without that intervention, they would all be dead, so I guess it's better than nothing.

Anyway, I don't think Valkyria is on Ichijiku side anymore, she'll probably go rampage.

Poor Hatsuna :(
But is she really dead? Maybe she and the center don't even know that even if she's ejected, she can recompose herself..? That would mean that she's basically invincible until the monster hatch.

About the ending, it's double or nothing, uh? Either they all die, either Kotori die. Or is it the only option, don't know. But in all case, I wanna see Neko power unleashed :D
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 22, 2014 6:50 PM

Aug 2013
keep in mind, the anime doesn't HAVE to follow the manga.
Jun 22, 2014 7:25 PM

Jun 2014
Forced drama is forced. Did they really think this lightning fast pacing is gonna make me care about the characters? This show is just pathetic and manipulative when it comes to delivering its emotions to the audience, way too edgy.
Jun 22, 2014 7:45 PM

Aug 2013
"We were once part of the lab." Ehh can someone tell me why the Hexenjagd are dressed like priests and nuns?

"I made it so I would appear when you thought all was lost." Nanami-Jesus? O__O
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 22, 2014 8:13 PM

Jan 2011
Man this episode made my brain hurt just wha...huh humanity is fucked okay got it.

because the way i remember it we were just trying to get some pills this whole time
Jun 22, 2014 8:18 PM

Jan 2011
Anime only watcher here and I'm enjoying it. In fact I'm enjoying it so much that I'll make sure I watch elfen lied and read both manga--so from one perspective this has been a successful series. That being said, I'm unhappy that they've skipped so much and are going for an anime only ending, because most of the times those are crap. Every single complaint about the dropped material from the manga rings pretty true, so I'm left feeling frustrated that what could have been a great 26 episode show has ended up only a good 13 episode show (which may well totally blow it in the final episode...).

This serves no one well: the fans get pissed off, the production house doesn't get the return on sales, and the publishing house doesn't get the boost in circulation that is increasingly a factor in decisions on what shows to make (witness SnK, NGNL, or any of the other LN's and manga which have seen big boosts in sales because of shows in the last couple of seasons). I appreciate that companies are being cautious about committing resources for two season shows, but I think we've seen that if done well, the boost in sales for the print versions more than justifies the initial commitment on the anime. Median rating for this show is an 8 which is fairly good even with the problematic adaptation.
rodacJun 22, 2014 8:26 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 22, 2014 8:39 PM

Jan 2011
Boy a lot happened this episode. I guess I wouldn't mind an anime original ending that much since I was planning on reading the manga anyway and this adaption feels too rushed so it's not like they were planning a season 2 anytime soon.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Is it set in the same world as Elfen Lied?

Saku33 - Nov 16, 2023

5 by Buny0058 »»
Nov 18, 2023 12:33 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2014

126 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 13, 2023 3:41 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

403 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 7:24 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

231 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 6:03 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

308 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 4:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.